Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So that's 1/8000. Would be very surprised if the majority i.e. 6000-7000 aren't also season ticket holders.

Would maybe go higher 7000-7500.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Always somebody going to lose out. I will get one as a season ticket holder but my son, a season ticket for about 20 years but now having  a family and only a few loyalty points, probably wont. 

Ironically If Aberdeen had won today then I would have had access to a friends Debenture tickets for my son and myself, which would have had the knock-on effect of releasing a ticket for another Jambo. Unfortunately, my Pal had been approached earlier by another Celtic supporting mate. This is somebody who never goes to games but isn't slow to tell you how great Celtic are. At the same time though there will be 30K Celtic season ticket holders who won't get a ticket either, I actually feel more sorry for them than I do for myself.

I'm quoting my own post here. I have one plan already. If my son Can't get a ticket we'll go to Hampden anyway and try to pick one up outside the stadium. If that doesn't work I'll sell mine and we'll go and watch the game in a pub together.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There is with a pro 14 final at Celtic Park on the same day which may attract a larger crowd than the cup final. With the chance of two Irish teams in said final or Glasgow against one of the Irish teams.

I believe at present cup final 3pm KO.

Rugby 6.30pm KO. Glasgow is going to be one busy city that weekend.

With that kick off time, the rugby fans should be making their way to Parkhead as the football crowd starts arriving back after the game.

The pubs in the city centre could be busy before the game if the rugby fans start drinking early.  I do find it strange that Rugby are using a football stadium in Glasgow when we have a superior national rugby stadium in Edinburgh.

Edited by frankblack

50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why not? Opportunity to maximise season ticket sales and generate a lot of extra revenue for the club.

Great idea sets us up for the next few years. 

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

It was 4 for the semi, wasn't it?

2 per ST then general sale after that.

You shouldn't promise something you can't deliver.

We have 13k ST holders ×2 =26k

We won't get 26k tickets.

It would upset Celtic a bit ☺

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
59 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why not? Opportunity to maximise season ticket sales and generate a lot of extra revenue for the club.

People who have renewed should get two tickets, then

It's usually based on LPs. 

However this time I believe we should milk the situation and use STs based on 2019/20 purchases then LPs as a qualifier for elegibility. This would help to offset the downturn in ST sales caused by closure of the finance scheme and disgruntled fans not intending to renew.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

People who have renewed should get two tickets, then

No. Either or, not both.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

However this time I believe we should milk the situation and use STs based on 2019/20 purchases then LPs as a qualifier for elegibility. This would help to offset the downturn in ST sales caused by closure of the finance scheme and disgruntled fans not intending to renew.

It’s a marketing open goal !

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This....the dirt across the city have done similar previously

Stewie Griffin
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I’ve renewed for next year so wouldn’t impact me either way but those with season tickets for this season should get first priority.

2 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I’ve renewed for next year so wouldn’t impact me either way but those with season tickets for this season should get first priority.

Correct, then open it for new season ticket holders next, then loyalty points, then whatever is left is a free for all in a general sale.

As others said, away fixtures don't put cash into Hearts so home fans first.

Edited by frankblack

27 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Ex pat

Season Ticket Holder

FOH 1956 member

60  LPs

I will be there

I’m sitting on 3500 points with FOH, which I reckon makes me 1956 club too. Does this count for anything though? Gave up my ST a couple of years ago as I just couldn’t make enough games to justify it. I was assuming I had no chance this time...

1 minute ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Sorry, that’s how I read it.

This season’s ST holders and anyone else who buys from, say, the 3rd to 17th May or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m sitting on 3500 points with FOH, which I reckon makes me 1956 club too. Does this count for anything though? Gave up my ST a couple of years ago as I just couldn’t make enough games to justify it. I was assuming I had no chance this time...

Unfortunately FOH does nothing for ticket sales 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No. Either or, not both.

No, reward the loyal fan, not some hanger on.

Bindy Badgy
28 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm quoting my own post here. I have one plan already. If my son Can't get a ticket we'll go to Hampden anyway and try to pick one up outside the stadium. If that doesn't work I'll sell mine and we'll go and watch the game in a pub together.

Probably best getting hospitality tickets. You'll pay a premium for them but that's the case if you end up getting black market tickets.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

No, reward the loyal fan, not some hanger on.

Buying a season ticket is being a loyal fan, clearly.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Buying a season ticket is being a loyal fan, clearly.

No, they're glory hunters.

As I said earlier, it may not amount to thousands but supporters with a few sheckles to burn and who don’t have any intentions of going to league matches with any regularity, may buy a Final ticket if the club allow STs bought for next year as a way to acquire.  

Its money in the bank and that only concerns some but loyal supporters follow teams for years to be at big events when their team makes it.  To open it up to one-off supporters doesn’t seem fair.

I’m sure the club will have it in mind to make sure they reward this seasons loyal supporters.  

Edited by Debut 4

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Are they?

Yes.

What happens next year when we get there? It's clearly a ridiculous idea.

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes.

Correct.

Mr Elwood P

Yes.

Only if you've no common sense or business acumen. Incentivise season ticket sales by offering a cup final ticket and thus maximise sales. Simple and almost definitely what will happen.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Only if you've no common sense or business acumen. Incentivise season ticket sales by offering a cup final ticket and thus maximise sales. Simple and almost definitely what will happen.

No it won't. Ann Budge isn't an idiot.

vintage1874

If we get 22k tickets, then the Loyalty points system should be used with people at the high end given the chance of 2 tickets. Then work down the LP points bands.

Will likely be 1 per ST holder then sold on a  LP basis and finally a general sale with the fans who have a buying history

Edited by vintage1874

3 minutes ago, vintage1874 said:

If we get 22k tickets, then the Loyalty points system should be used with people at the high end given the chance of 2 tickets. Then work down the LP points bands.

Will likely be 1 per ST holder then sold on a  LP basis and finally a general sale with the fans who have a buying history

Not a chance that will happen.  It will be 1 per ST holder, and if you want another ticket then you can try again in another phase of ticket sales or hold off until the later phase and get two together.

Edited by frankblack

invernessjt
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm sure we've done it in the past.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, invernessjt said:

So am I. Ann Budge is a business person so she will almost definitely use it as a marketing tool to maximise season ticket sales. 

2 minutes ago, vintage1874 said:

Will likely be 1 per ST holder then sold on a  LP basis and finally a general sale with fans will a buying history

So,if high end LP's get 2 ticket's they can give one to somebody with little or no point's. 

Nice thinking.

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

It was 4 for the semi, wasn't it?

2 per ST then general sale after that.

No chance it will be any more than 1 per account, also I can see it being loyalty points from the start, I think that was the way it was done in 2012.

Just now, invernessjt said:

I think I recall this happening before too: selling 1 ticket at £35 for the cup final gives them less money than 1 ticket at £35 + one season ticket at £500.

Mr Elwood P

Right back at you. 

Luckily when the club announce that a 2019/20 season ticket purchase grantees you a Scottish Cup final 2019 ticket I will be able serve you a a slice of humble pie. Until then, to be continued ...

Just now, 1953 said:

No chance it will be any more than 1 per account, also I can see it being loyalty points from the start, I think that was the way it was done in 2012.

No, I don't think it was.  There is enough for 1 per ST holder so it will be season tickets first before moving to other phases.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Correct.

The debate about Murrayfield being superior to Hampden is irrelevant here since its not the national stadium and there isn't a scheduling conflict in Glasgow with other football.

There is no credible argument for the SFA to switch the cup final to Murrayfield this time.

50000 expected at Celtic park for the rugby the same day.

Just now, XB52 said:

50000 expected at Celtic park for the rugby the same day.

That wasn't the reason for switching the League Cup finals - it was to separate 4 sets of opposition football fans who don't particularly like each other and would have had obvious clash points at train stations etc.

1 hour ago, jamtay said:

You would guess wrong. FOH subscriber, stay in Dundee so only able to get to a few games due to work. Would imagine there will be some more like that.

Exact same.

sunblestjambo

A guarantee of a cup final brief for new season ticket purchases could conceivably add 1000+ season ticket sales for next year. While there will always be exceptions, the vast majority of those enticed by that offer will almost certainly be people who would otherwise be entitled to a cup final ticket if loyalty points were used as the basis.  We as a club would be mad not to take advantage of the situation. 

Every season ticket holder will get one if they want.

after that I would say any new ST holders for next season should be able to get one.

why should I get the chance to buy a 2nd ticket for (eg) my neighbour who’s never been to a game in years just because I’ve got over 100 LPs as well ? Doesn’t make sense.

anyone committing to the club for next season should IMHO get dibs after current ST holders.

42 minutes ago, vintage1874 said:

I'd be against the idea of ANYONE getting two tickets if we don't have enough tickets to make sure EVERYONE gets a chance.

If we had loads of tickets to sell as per the semi final then by all means offer extra tickets to high LPs and ST holders but there is simply not enough availability to do that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

There's a good case for the game to be st Murrayfield

Ridiculously amusing but more chance of me beating Tiger woods at golf 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Are the ticket prices the same as the semi final

Unlikely