Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

ronnie_fife

Now that it’s confirmed that Celtic will be in the final the likelihood is we’ll get between 18-22.5k tickets. How will Hearts allocated these to supporters? 1 per season ticket holder then set a loyalty points threshold? Also, if I was to purchase a season ticket on 1st May would this include me in the initial sale?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

1 minute ago, ronnie_fife said:

Now that it’s confirmed that Celtic will be in the final the likelihood is we’ll get between 18-22.5k tickets. How will Hearts allocated these to supporters? 1 per season ticket holder then set a loyalty points threshold? Also, if I was to purchase a season ticket on 1st May would this include me in the initial sale?

I think your allocation prediction is exactly how it will go.

We will get half, or at least, the club should demand half !

CloustonHMFC

I would be very surprised if we don’t push for 50/50 meaning around 22-23k. How the arrangements would be is anyone’s guess but I’d say everyone who wants one, will get one. 

JamboGraham
Just now, Boab said:

I think your allocation prediction is exactly how it will go.

We will get half, or at least, the club should demand half !

20,000 is half for a Scottish Cup Final....12,000 for the football family....

Would imagine Celtic doing everything they can to shaft us out of a fair split but you know Levein and Budge will contest it. Likely season tickets, one per account then a booking history as one would assume someone who has racked up a lot of loyalty points probably has a season ticket already. All imo of course 

3 minutes ago, ronnie_fife said:

Would be a good move from AB if she said anyone buying an ST for next season guaranteed a cup final brief. That would ensure even more revenue for the club. Whatever regulations are put in place there’ll be a big demand for sure

JamboGraham

It was points only in 2012...details below...

“Supporters of the Tynecastle club will occupy the South, West and North stands of Hampden with fans holding a minimum of 40 loyalty points at the head of the Tynecastle side’s queue.

Fans with 8-39 loyalty points can purchase their tickets from 9am on Thursday, May 3, with sales being restricted to one ticket per customer.”

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Would be a good move from AB if she said anyone buying an ST for next season guaranteed a cup final brief. That would ensure even more revenue for the club. Whatever regulations are put in place there’ll be a big demand for sure

Nah, that's so hibs. 

A St this year guarantees you a ticket. 

Then go from there. 

...a bit disco

It was 4 for the semi, wasn't it?

2 per ST then general sale after that.

12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, that's so hibs. 

Then go from there. 

Not disagreeing with you OLLB. Just saying AB is a business woman and may see this as a chance to raise the revenue for next year. Maybe not though.

Carl Weathers

I think if you buy a ST before the final the 20lps should count towards the total required for the final. Nice wee incentive for anyone on the fence.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

It was 4 for the semi, wasn't it?

2 per ST then general sale after that.

Em....that would be 26K tickets if every ST holder took up the offer, mate !

Sexton Hardcastle

Those deserving of a ticket will get one easily.

Those who haven’t been to see hearts for 4/5 years will rightly struggle.

The system works.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Em....that would be 26K tickets if every ST holder took up the offer, mate !

:lol:

Just as well they never all took it up for the semi then!

23 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I bought a season ticket for this season. This should include priotity for cup games. Next seasons tickets are for next season.

Stewie Griffin

Should be season ticket holders and those with over 40 or so loyalty points first, then those with over 20 or so before opening it up to those with a purchase history. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Deek said:

I bought a season ticket for this season. This should include priotity for cup games. Next seasons tickets are for next season.

They can allocate a Cup Final ticket to all of those who have had a season ticket this current season and all of those who have bought for next season and still have thousands left for high loyalty points holders.

Jambof3tornado

How many dirty sevco fans will get tickets to bolster our ever growing tea towel brigade?

If its like murrayfield in the league cup I predict some embarassing scenes for real Hearts fans.

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They can allocate a Cup Final ticket to all of those who have had a season ticket this current season and all of those who have bought for next season and still have thousands left for high loyalty points holders.

Correct but it will not stop some drama queens (or kings to be politically correct) coming on this board to plead their own case if they are not guaranteed a ticket.

Every season ticket holder this season will get a ticket

Every new season ticket holder for next season should get a ticket and before anyone comments that does not mean existing season ticket holders who have or will renew

Those with a loyalty point threshold and again this does not mean season ticket holders who are also high loyalty point holders get 2

There will be tickets for those willing to pay corporate prices

Then there will be all the sponsors tickets

And finally there will be tickets for points holders at the lower end of the scale and if any left a public sale of tickets.....personally at this level I'd like to see those who went to the semi final and who are not in any of the above catagories get a chance in a ballot at least but that's a personal view and if the club simply do it on a loyalty points basis only then there will be no real issue for me

Edited by CJGJ

Holyrood_Hearts
35 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, that's so hibs. 

Then go from there. 

Totally agree. We shouldn’t be using the cup final to push ST sales for next season. 

16 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Should be season ticket holders and those with over 40 or so loyalty points first, then those with over 20 or so before opening it up to those with a purchase history. 

Every season ticket holder has at least 40 points if they have had one for last season and this season. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Totally agree. We shouldn’t be using the cup final to push ST sales for next season. 

Why not? Opportunity to maximise season ticket sales and generate a lot of extra revenue for the club.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think it should be current season ticket holders, then loyalty points over say 50/60 then 2019/20 season ticketholders. . 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Think it should be current season ticket holders, then loyalty points over say 50/60 then 2019/20 season ticketholders. . 

Someone going to every away game and racking up loads of loyalty points provides no financial benefit to Hearts. Someone buying a season ticket for 2019/20 season provides hundreds of pounds in revenue. Those putting money into the club should get a final ticket. The differential between 2018/19 season ticket holders and 2019/20 season ticket holders will be less than a couple of thousand I would imagine so we will be able to cater to all three categories of supporter.

19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How many dirty sevco fans will get tickets to bolster our ever growing tea towel brigade?

If its like murrayfield in the league cup I predict some embarassing scenes for real Hearts fans.

Every football support has a bad element... not sure The Rangers can be made to take credit for ours. 

AlphonseCapone

There won't be any issues for folk that generally have went to watch Hearts at least a few times over the last two years I don't think.

We've what 13k season ticket holders this year? The majority of them will probably renew with those that don't likely being replaced with new folk I'd say we'll be close to 13k again, giving a total of maybe 15-16k distinct people with season tickets this year and next? Still leaves around 5k for those without a season ticket. I think it'll get down to those with a purchase history tbh.

Though the club might want to consider limiting it to those with a purchase history prior to the semi as there might be some Celtic fans purchasing a ticket for one of the next two home games to get on the database. 

It will be STs first, then loyalty point threshold releases up to a general sale.

With 13.5k season tickets plus others with loyalty points from away games, its not going to leave a lot for a general sale.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Someone going to every away game and racking up loads of loyalty points provides no financial benefit to Hearts. Someone buying a season ticket for 2019/20 season provides hundreds of pounds in revenue. Those putting money into the club should get a final ticket. The differential between 2018/19 season ticket holders and 2019/20 season ticket holders will be less than a couple of thousand I would imagine so we will be able to cater to all three categories of supporter.

Don’t think it matters, they are big fans. There won’t be many that have high lp’s that don’t have a season ticket but those that do probably also give to FoH. If it’s money that counts, as you seem to think, then those donating most to FoH should have priority, those buying platinum season tickets should have priority over gold, silver and bronze according to your proposal ie Money counts. I think it’s much more about who supports the club the most by attending matches hence current season tickets then loyalty points for me. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think it matters, they are big fans. There won’t be many that have high lp’s that don’t have a season ticket but those that do probably also give to FoH. If it’s money that counts, as you seem to think, then those donating most to FoH should have priority, those buying platinum season tickets should have priority over gold, silver and bronze according to your proposal ie Money counts. I think it’s much more about who supports the club the most by attending matches hence current season tickets then loyalty points for me. 

How many of the 8000 FOH subscribers aren't season ticket holders? A handful of expats would be my guess.

John Findlay

Doesn't matter how the club decide to do it. Someone will moan. Claim they are being shafted despite not setting foot in Tynecastle for years. It's always the same.

16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

15 000 extra could attend

I know the capacities of both stadiums ??

For me, that isn’t a case for a Scottish cup final not being held at the national stadium.

1 minute ago, The Doc said:

I know the capacities of both stadiums ??

For me, that isn’t a case for a Scottish cup final not being held at the national stadium.

Correct.

The debate about Murrayfield being superior to Hampden is irrelevant here since its not the national stadium and there isn't a scheduling conflict in Glasgow with other football.

There is no credible argument for the SFA to switch the cup final to Murrayfield this time.

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How many of the 8000 FOH subscribers aren't season ticket holders? A handful of expats would be my guess.

You would guess wrong. FOH subscriber, stay in Dundee so only able to get to a few games due to work. Would imagine there will be some more like that.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, jamtay said:

You would guess wrong. FOH subscriber, stay in Dundee so only able to get to a few games due to work. Would imagine there will be some more like that.

So that's 1/8000. Would be very surprised if the majority i.e. 6000-7000 aren't also season ticket holders.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

:lol:

Just as well they never all took it up for the semi then!

We'd have been given 26k tickets nae bother if we'd needed them for the semi.

upgotheheads

Always somebody going to lose out. I will get one as a season ticket holder but my son, a season ticket for about 20 years but now having  a family and only a few loyalty points, probably wont. 

Ironically If Aberdeen had won today then I would have had access to a friends Debenture tickets for my son and myself, which would have had the knock-on effect of releasing a ticket for another Jambo. Unfortunately, my Pal had been approached earlier by another Celtic supporting mate. This is somebody who never goes to games but isn't slow to tell you how great Celtic are. At the same time though there will be 30K Celtic season ticket holders who won't get a ticket either, I actually feel more sorry for them than I do for myself.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Correct.

The debate about Murrayfield being superior to Hampden is irrelevant here since its not the national stadium and there isn't a scheduling conflict in Glasgow with other football.

There is no credible argument for the SFA to switch the cup final to Murrayfield this time.

There is with a pro 14 final at Celtic Park on the same day which may attract a larger crowd than the cup final. With the chance of two Irish teams in said final or Glasgow against one of the Irish teams.

I believe at present cup final 3pm KO.

Rugby 6.30pm KO. Glasgow is going to be one busy city that weekend.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So that's 1/8000. Would be very surprised if the majority i.e. 6000-7000 aren't also season ticket holders.

Ex pat

Season Ticket Holder

FOH 1956 member

60  LPs

I will be there