• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• rick witter

• frankblack

• Jodami

upgotheheads
58 minutes ago, Morph said:

I agree that we’re stuck with him until the cup and agree with poster above that there’s no point in getting rid of him right now. 

But I do think Livingston 5-0 was the time to go, I have no idea how any hearts manager survives that especially since the football was just as bad then and it wasn’t exactly a freak undeserved result.  Following that I’d say he probably should’ve walked after the Patrick replay to give a new manager time to get a feel for the team before pre season and maybe give us a bit of a lift for the semis/final.  I was slightly confident we’d maybe pull an upset after the ICT game but was obviously just caught up in the euphoria of getting to a final.  We’ve no chance with levein in the final and I’d be surprised if we get off with a narrow defeat.  

Whether he wins the cup or not he must go in my opinion.  We’re only going backwards and we aren’t hitting our minimum target which was 4th I believe.  Crazy to think that a lot of fans including me thought aiming for 4th at the start of the season after a flying start wasn’t ambitious enough :laugh: 

Time (I mean next  week ) will tell. I don't think AB would have the stomach to sack someone she clearly has a high regard for 4 weeks before what could be his finest moment in football. But I agree that the Livingston game was a bit of a watershed. We've see the capitulation now against other sides too, particularly The Huns. 

Ann and co read kickback. This is a fact.

Why oh why have they not listened to the now unanimous voice that we are going no where?  We've left it too late to shake things up before the final (Levein should have been booted weeks ago) but it simply must happen as soon as the final is finished. Levein needs removed if we are going to progress. 

The easiest cup run in living memory, we could have had a chance against Celtic.  I fear we have no chance with Levein at the helm.

Ho hum.

He's going nowhere before the final, and I expect the occasion will lift the players to their absolute limits anyway. If it doesn't, the ones who don't get stuck in should **** off too.

But the cup final has to be his last game, his master setup clearly isn't working. I'm sure he has helped restore things behind the scenes in a quick and expert manner (academy etc) but the first team needs a proper manager.

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sounds like there isn't any point you going to the final with that attitude.  There are plenty of others that will take your ticket.

No idea what you're slavering about. Nothing new there right enough. 

rick witter

If we lose every match from now until the end of the season do you think he will be sacked? That is a very real possibility of that happening. 

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If we lose every match from now until the end of the season do you think he will be sacked? That is a very real possibility of that happening. 

Nope. You could tell when you heard his interview after the Hibs defeat. Smiling and joking around and saying he wasn't going anywhere. Compare that interview with when Brian Rice's Hamilton got smacked 5-0 a couple of weeks ago then you'll see the difference. Rice was livid, Levein wasn't.

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Well I didn’t want to say but now you mention it, aye you are 

I get kicked off the match thread for retaliation to you and you go about and aggressively attack posters all over the shop.

Nice one kickback. 

John mcCartney

Craig Levein cut a tragic looking figure to me earlier
looking for advice when going behind and failing to whip up the players on the pitch when times demanded it.

not what I want to see as manager of HMFC

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No idea what you're slavering about. Nothing new there right enough. 

So, you're quite content abusing the club and its staff, and said we will lose 7-0 yet would still take a ticket to the cup final?

And yet you don't see the hypocrisy? ?

Hampden Demolition
25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Should announce he’s leaving after cup final, Irrespective of result, in a hope that he gets players, fans and media behind him behind for his swan song and something changed in our favour.

His achievement in the cup, so far, amounts to beating Livingston a team he’s failed to to beat this season in the league. 

I guess it a spectacular achievement if you consider Livingston thumped us 5-0. 

We’re hearts fans, we’re used to getting beat but unorganised, unmotivated, uncreative foootball teams have never been acceptable.

We will not improve until he moves on imho.

Agree with this. Arsenal fans got a massive lift last season when it was announced Wenger was going and I think it would do the same for us. The fans need something to look forward to.

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s fine ffs.

He will come out this week in the press and say something about hibs and some fans will lap it up saying how he’s a proper hearts man!!!! Whilst ignoring how shit we are on the park!!!

He already said it. Its all fine coz he's got a week to get things sorted.

****in clown.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

****in clown.

I missed what he said?

Jambof3tornado
Just now, 1874robbo said:

I missed what he said?

Aye something like its all ok coz we've a week to get everything sorted!!

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

****in clown.

3 days innit? He does nowt wi the team till Thursday, apparently.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Jamhammer said:

3 days innit? He does nowt wi the team till Thursday, apparently.

Not sure if any other head coach/managers do the same but its not fekkin working.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

very surprised that it was another heavy humping from rangers that was the final straw for some

very surprised

pretty much only one question left to be answered : does he get the final?

It should have been ten
28 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I get kicked off the match thread for retaliation to you and you go about and aggressively attack posters all over the shop.

Nice one kickback. 

Maybe if you didn’t retaliate in such an aggressive manner ie, calling members vulgar names because you disagree with their views the mods wouldn’t kick you off threads then eh!

If you look closer, my comment which you’ve quoted is a reply to another member who also likes calling people names from behind a keyboard. I did not “attack” said member in an “aggressive” way at all so your attempt to alert Kickback is laughable. Bet you were an absolute joy in the classroom :lol:

Edited by It should have been ten

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Should announce he’s leaving after cup final, Irrespective of result, in a hope that he gets players, fans and media behind him behind for his swan song and something changed in our favour.

His achievement in the cup, so far, amounts to beating Livingston a team he’s failed to to beat this season in the league. 

I guess it a spectacular achievement if you consider Livingston thumped us 5-0. 

We’re hearts fans, we’re used to getting beat but unorganised, unmotivated, uncreative foootball teams have never been acceptable.

We will not improve until he moves on imho.

Losing to Livvy 5 - scud was our Kazakhstan moment and AB should have taken action then. We've also turned in insipid performances against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren away while our atrocious home record includes defeats against Dundee, Killie and Hibs. If only AB had the gumption of the SFA in realising quickly when an old school manager is out of their depth.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

So, you're quite content abusing the club and its staff, and said we will lose 7-0 yet would still take a ticket to the cup final?

And yet you don't see the hypocrisy? ?

Read my post again. We got beat 7-0 by Lennon's Celtic when we were in financial trouble and had to play a team littered with kids.  He showed us no mercy that day and I don't expect any in the Cup Final if they go 2 or 3 goals up early doors. 

pettigrewsstylist

Suspect another derby defeat so soon could spell real disquiet. Hope not!

Wouldnt be surpised if  negative spin stories come out of Riccarton this week ( injuries, sickness etc), idea being that by fester rd we will be so understrength that we will be  relieved to come away with anything, including narrow defeat.

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Maybe if you didn’t retaliate in such an aggressive manner ie, calling members vulgar names because you disagree with their views the mods wouldn’t kick you off threads then eh!

If you look closer, my comment which you’ve quoted is a reply to another member who also likes calling people names from behind a keyboard. I did not “attack” said member in an “aggressive” way at all so your attempt to alert Kickback is laughable. Bet you were an absolute joy in the classroom :lol:

Yet you replied to me and others telling them to **** off?  Yes, that’s a very mellow comment not trying to antagonise others isn’t it?  There’s 5 and counting members you’ve aggressively behaved against yet wee keyboard hard man you is untouchable.

You where as much aggressive to that reply to that member as I was you.  I was just pointing out the hypocrisy as I couldn’t give a **** regardless.  Away back to your one man Levein crusade.  

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wouldnt be surpised if  negative spin stories come out of Riccarton this week ( injuries, sickness etc), idea being that by fester rd we will be so understrength that we will be  relieved to come away with anything, including narrow defeat.

Nah it will be the play the youngsters time so at least if we lose it’s giving a spirited youth a chance.  It’s far far preferable. Getting smashed of understrengh rangers again bring on a young player pretend there is no alternatives and deflect.  

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Losing to Livvy 5 - scud was our Kazakhstan moment and AB should have taken action then. We've also turned in insipid performances against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren away while our atrocious home record includes defeats against Dundee, Killie and Hibs. If only AB had the gumption of the SFA in realising quickly when an old school manager is out of their depth.

I sat there listening to the song before the match today and it hit home just after half time there’s no “fitba team” what we have isn’t a “fitba team” it’s a group of individuals grafting hard to win set pieces.  Christophe must privately hate having to punt up all the time, what’s happened to ball playing defender Soapy? It’s always pass around back to goalie Djoum picks it up back and eventually punt up to Uche, to try win a foul wide to win a throw (ball balls with towels in the ****ing sunshine for **** sake) it’s brutal. 

Even the defence that Craig prides himself on was ripped to ducking bits today as it was second half in the derby.

Teams know how to play us and there’s not even a plan a and a half, since the first quarter when everything is unpredictable it’s been shocking.

Edited by Inch Hearts

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Regardless of the cup final, I think Craig needs to go at the end of this season. 

I'm sure someone on another thread responded to something similar I had posted to say that Craig Levein is contracted until such time as Bidco pass the shareholding over to FoH. It does potentially create a situation where he may know that, irrespective of results on the park and what the fans think,  his job is safe anyway. Alternatively the club may rethink his contract at the end of this season but how much would it cost us to pay off the remainder of his contract if we decide to terminate it early.

I'd love to see us win the cup, in truth I realise that it does seem like a dream at the moment but there is no harm in dreaming, with Craig securing a trophy and doing the decent thing at that stage and walking away from the club completely, without compensation, but I'm not sure if he will or would.

heartandsoul
3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s fine ffs.

He will come out this week in the press and say something about hibs and some fans will lap it up saying how he’s a proper hearts man!!!! Whilst ignoring how shit we are on the park!!!

This

30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm sure someone on another thread responded to something similar I had posted to say that Craig Levein is contracted until such time as Bidco pass the shareholding over to FoH. It does potentially create a situation where he may know that, irrespective of results on the park and what the fans think,  his job is safe anyway. Alternatively the club may rethink his contract at the end of this season but how much would it cost us to pay off the remainder of his contract if we decide to terminate it early.

I'd love to see us win the cup, in truth I realise that it does seem like a dream at the moment but there is no harm in dreaming, with Craig securing a trophy and doing the decent thing at that stage and walking away from the club completely, without compensation, but I'm not sure if he will or would.

No chance someone like Levein will walk away. I can see this getting very messy - just ask the SFA.....

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet you replied to me and others telling them to **** off?  Yes, that’s a very mellow comment not trying to antagonise others isn’t it?  There’s 5 and counting members you’ve aggressively behaved against yet wee keyboard hard man you is untouchable.

You where as much aggressive to that reply to that member as I was you.  I was just pointing out the hypocrisy as I couldn’t give a **** regardless.  Away back to your one man Levein crusade.  

5 and counting, the slavers are fleeing out you today :rofl:

Must say it’s a wee bit creepy you following me around the threads even if you are talking pish. Away you go and gies peace, wasted enough time on you. You’re like a Christmas card on here, always greeting. Popping you on ignore now...

:bolt:

Edited by It should have been ten

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No chance someone like Levein will walk away. I can see this getting very messy - just ask the SFA.....

I'd like to think he has a closer and more personable relationship with Ann Budge and Hearts than he did with the blazers at the SFA. He's been treated very well by Hearts and hips a decent salary every year. 

Cathro’s Da
On 14/04/2019 at 12:04, lou said:

We had a great start to the the season and are now finishing it with a day at Hampden.  The football in the middle and latter part has been tedious and there has been a lack of passion and drive.

We need to forget this in the hope that we can be part of one of the our greatest ever leading us to glory, watching Levein lift a trophy as Hearts manager would be right up there with 1998 and 2012.

I genuinely think no right minded Hearts fan is a hater, just frustrated.

Of course we all are hoping for a win in the final but could easily be 5/6 -0 for Celtic. Therefore I am 100% a hater and in no way just frustrated.

55 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

For me, if Levein cares about hearts he walks away at the end of the season.

Would you walk away from a job without something else lined up and lose your entitlements?  My guess would be no.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Would you walk away from a job without something else lined up and lose your entitlements?  My guess would be no.

If I was an abject failure and had made millions from said job? Yes. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd like to think he has a closer and more personable relationship with Ann Budge and Hearts than he did with the blazers at the SFA. He's been treated very well by Hearts and hips a decent salary every year. 

As would I, but I left my original post open ended because I/we don't know his situation financially, and in all honesty have no entitlement to know.. I've heard a number of stories that he likes gambling on horses, but he isn't very good at it but I have no idea of the impact that has had on his life. I don't even know if he would look to stay in the game of football when he does leave us or if he would look for an alternative means of employment, he still has around 11 years until he reaches retirement age (i.e. 65). Also, how would he react if he was dismissed, the only evidence available is how it panned out when he left the Scotland job. Would he happily accept walking away with no money from HMFC, or would he insist on being paid until the end of any already signed contract.

No club in Scotland relies on one man's opinion from under 12s to first team.  Hearing him slate 13,14 year olds like they're seasoned pros is just wrong.   Offering 2 year contracts to 15 year olds then renaiging 6 weeks later is just awful.  Fans don't know the half of it

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

A PHM should/would.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Some folk on here got the bunting out after a narrow defeat to that lot recently, so it's clearly a tactic that works. 

indianajones

Just bin this dinosaur. 

Don't care what he was in the past. He's literally worse than useless for us now and it'll end up doing us harm the longer he stays. He doesn't even seem to care either. 

Budge needs to grow a pair. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Just bin this dinosaur. 

Don't care what he was in the past. He's literally worse than useless for us now and it'll end up doing us harm the longer he stays. He doesn't even seem to care either. 

She has a pair. Levein and McPhee. 

9 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

If I was an abject failure and had made millions from said job? Yes. 

Whatever you think of Craig, this season can't be classed as an abject failure.

Judging by your attempt to skip around the question, I'll assume you would not walk out a job and forfeit any payoff.

8 hours ago, Hook said:

A PHM should/would.

In your dreams.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Whatever you think of Craig, this season can't be classed as an abject failure.

Judging by your attempt to skip around the question, I'll assume you would not walk out a job and forfeit any payoff.

The football has been dire and we have scraped into a Scottish Cup Final by playing lower league mince. His signings have been awful and we have zero chance of beating Celtic with him in charge. The season has been rotten. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

The football has been dire and we have scraped into a Scottish Cup Final by playing lower league mince. His signings have been awful and we have zero chance of beating Celtic with him in charge. The season has been rotten. 

At the end of the season we will have done well in the cups and finished top six.  Granted we have issues when our best team isn't available.

The way you are flapping you would think we were bottom six, fighting relegation, and were knocked out early in both cups.

Getting back on point - as others are pointing out its going to cost a sizeable sum to pay off a director of football/manager.  There is no guarantee the next manager isn't going to do worse, and their budget will be limited in terms of player recruitment once that compensation us paid.

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Top 6? hawd me back. What an amazing achievement. ?

I think Frank B writes Levein’s post match ramblings. 

As for the big payout how the fek the club allowed itself to get in the position of DoF/Manager and the length of contract dished out beggars belief. It certainly hasn’t been done in the Club’s best interest.

This season has been eye bleeding stuff (first 10 games aside). Relegation type form. 

Scraping into a cup final playing against lower league teams is just fortunate. And scraping through is right.

we should be buzzing. It’s like a library / morgue. 

He, McPhee and daly should all be shown the door right now. Because with that trio at the helm we have zero chance of winning on 25th May. He’s successfully managed to pass on his losing mentality to the first team squad in spades 

Billybuffjaw
17 hours ago, jambonian said:

Nope. You could tell when you heard his interview after the Hibs defeat. Smiling and joking around and saying he wasn't going anywhere. Compare that interview with when Brian Rice's Hamilton got smacked 5-0 a couple of weeks ago then you'll see the difference. Rice was livid, Levein wasn't.

He isn't used to losing against Hibs ?

Jean Louis Valois
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

At the end of the season we will have done well in the cups and finished top six.  Granted we have issues when our best team isn't available.

The way you are flapping you would think we were bottom six, fighting relegation, and were knocked out early in both cups.

Getting back on point - as others are pointing out its going to cost a sizeable sum to pay off a director of football/manager.  There is no guarantee the next manager isn't going to do worse, and their budget will be limited in terms of player recruitment once that compensation us paid.

So we should stick with Levein because whoever we bring in to replace him might not do any better, what a ridiculous thing to say. 

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, indianajones said:

Just bin this dinosaur. 

He cares, perhaps too much i suspect.

Love having him at Hearts. How many clubs are in this position.

His shot at squadbuilding and team mgmt is not working tho.

We offer absolutley nothing positive or creative. It has been this way for long enough.

It cant just go on indefinitley, cloaked by easy cup runs and sparse, scraped derby wins.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Ann budge said 4th is the bare minimum, so what is the consequence of failing to achieve that?

“There is no guarantee the next manager isn’t going to be worse”

:laugh:  Massively clutching at straws there to defend levein.  

13 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He has a good relationship with Budge - but she’s not the one who wants him emptied!  There is a growing number of Hearts fans who want him out - he will not go easily!!