Time to unite Behind Craig

lou

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

To respond to the title of the thread, we need to see a lot better in the league between now and the end of the season. We will need momentumn before the final to have any chance, over to you Craig and the boys. 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• rick witter

• frankblack

• Jodami

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What is truly remarkable? Beating Livvy, Auchinleck, Partick and Invershneckie? You think that is remarkable do you?. Great that we're in the final but remarkable? No.

This a million times we have reached  the final and before that a semi BUT, and others are totally free to have their own opinion, even if I lived in Edinburgh I would not leave my house to watch the drivel being dished up week in week out by this present team. I have said it before that to some the ends justify the means... not for me I am afraid football is about your heart rate rising during a game  the present fare at Tynecastle is not going to raise a smile never mind anything else. In summary I really hope we win the final but regardless of that I want him out of the managers seat next season.

37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His methods...style of player, tactics, signing policy, man management etc. Best for him , but not for the club imo.

Well i was talking to a couple of ICT fans right after the game and they thought CL had got his tactics etc spot on against them as they tried to harass us during the game , tried to make things hard then when that never worked felt they were steamrolled by us. If opposition fans see that then maybe some of our own fans might be missing something.I dont think we are too far away from where we should be but that would require a bit patience - something a few of our fans don't have. My opinion fwiw sees an above average manager at Hearts 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, cubanjambo said:

Well i was talking to a couple of ICT fans right after the game and they thought CL had got his tactics etc spot on against them as they tried to harass us during the game , tried to make things hard then when that never worked felt they were steamrolled by us. If opposition fans see that then maybe some of our own fans might be missing something.I dont think we are too far away from where we should be but that would require a bit patience - something a few of our fans don't have. My opinion fwiw sees an above average manager at Hearts 

Of  course,  you are perfectly entitled to your opinion Cuban. We just disagree on this one. 

Football is obviously not for some folk apparently. In some people’s world there is no place for two sided games. Playing poorly is always unacceptable unless we win. However, playing very well and losing is also a bad thing. Having a manager who is experienced and loves the club is a bad thing sometimes, but a manager who has no affiliation to the club is also a bad thing, especially when we lose. Management should never be a long term appointment and obviously the club should spend our way out of mediocrity and still be able to afford to pay off the manager after a poor season where we only confirm our  top six status and reach two cup finals. It’s a bad thing to change the players every season but we don’t want the ones we have. We have to develop our own players while buying any player who looks good in other ‘Diddy teams’. However when we do either of these things we reserve the right to complain about said players before and after we sign them. I think this about covers it. So now it’s clear what we want, can just support the team until our demands are met.

Edited by Tatlock

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

I think we are three (excluding Naismith) from being a very good SPL team and a above average squad. 

Lb

Winger

Goal scoring striker (need another option over Wighton and McLean) 

Gk if being greedy. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Cruyff Turn

Bit disappointed about how things have gone this season in the league but we’ve done well in the cups. 

I’m in two minds with Levein. I was foaming last week after Ibrox and Hibs but i’m through the red mist now so I can see things in a better light.

I love CL and I do believe or, certainly want to believe that with a few new players, the team gelling together and becoming more settled , that we will be pretty good next season. The other side of it of course is that in the last 3 seasons we have finished below 4th.

We’ll see what happens but i’m on the fence at the moment but certainly willing to get behind CL for the rest of the season. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

To respond to the title of the thread, we need to see a lot better in the league between now and the end of the season. We will need momentumn before the final to have any chance, over to you Craig and the boys. 

Tbh, I call bull shite on that. 

The league form will have no baring on the cup final at all. 

More so, now that it is celtic we are playing. 

We could win all 5 games and celtic could take 4 of us, it would Suprise nobody. 

It's a one of game in all sense of the phrase. 

We've beaten celtic twice in 7 years, thankfully both have been in recent seasons and we have proven we can compete, although they have also proven they can still take us apart. 

League form will have zero effect on the game. 

League wins are alway good, any win is good but they will have no baring on the cup final. 

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Enzo doesn't like him. Fair enough. He'd rather have a go at him, despite us winning yesterday, and he'll be wanting him gone even if we win it. As he knows it winds up folk on here.

Rick, on the other hand, is just a very poor troll. Enzo at least tries to hide it under the guise of an opinion. 

Yeah, I get that. Personal dislike can often cloud judgement. Over the past few months we have had individuals who wanted us beaten by the vermin to further their anti Levein crusade. I really don't get the hatred when it seems to be a case if "I hate Craig Levein more than I love Hearts".

7 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Football is obviously not for some folk apparently. In some people’s world there is no place for two sided games. Playing poorly is always unacceptable unless we win. However, playing very well and losing is also a bad thing. Having a manager who is experienced and loves the club is a bad thing sometimes, but a manager who has no affiliation to the club is also a bad thing, especially when we lose. Management should never be a long term appointment and obviously the club should spend our way out of mediocrity and still be able to afford to pay off the manager after a poor season where we only confirm our  top six status and reach two cup finals. It’s a bad thing to change the players every season but we don’t want the ones we have. We have to develop our own players while buying any player who looks good in other ‘Diddy teams’. However when we do either of these things we reserve the right to complain about said players before and after we sign them. I think this about covers it. So now it’s clear what we want, can just support the team until our demands are met.

Don't forget backing the only stick that the Vermin have to beat us with, a manager who has won nothing and hoping that if he wins something we sack him. 

Just think about that, noisily backing Hibs at every given opportunity on here ???

merseyjambo

The first half yesterday was typical of how we have played for the majority of the season.

The ball was passed square across the back allowing Inverness to get their defensive shape and make them difficult to break down. The only time we looked dangerous was when we played a bit quicker and got the ball to Mulraney. Keena I thought had a pretty good first half with some incisive passes but a lot of the time we were slow and ponderous lacking ideas to break them down.

We looked better in the second half when we played with a bit more tempo. 

We are better when we play a high tempo pressing game but you can only do that against certain teams in the league. 

CL was one of my favourite players while I was growing up and I know he’s passionate about the club but there comes a time in a managers career when they need to recognise that styles of play, training methods and formations have moved on. Arsenal Wenger has seen that, even Jose Mourinho has seen that and I’m sorry, CL’s style of play has had its day. 

I’d love him to go out on a high by winning the cup and crapping on their treble treble. 

As as for all this PHM in charge, what a crock of crap. We need to find the best candidate we can get for the job, not someone who has a connection to the club.

i support the club, it doesn’t matter who is in charge as long as they are winning and playing decent football. It doesn’t mean that I have to like CL or want him in charge

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bit disappointed about how things have gone this season in the league but we’ve done well in the cups. 

I’m in two minds with Levein. I was foaming last week after Ibrox and Hibs but i’m through the red mist now so I can see things in a better light.

I love CL and I do believe or, certainly want to believe that with a few new players, the team gelling together and becoming more settled , that we will be pretty good next season. The other side of it of course is that in the last 3 seasons we have finished below 4th.

We’ll see what happens but i’m on the fence at the moment but certainly willing to get behind CL for the rest of the season. 

You'll probably find that out there in the real world this is more or less the way that most folk see it.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Last time we won the Scottish Cup we finished 5th and got scudded 5-0 in the last game of the season so don't see the league form and Scottish Cup final having any correlation.

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, Jodami said:

Utter nonsense. I was delighted yesterday, really enjoyed my day and I am looking forward to the cup final. However, it doesn't change the fact we were dreadful first half, have no cohesive style of play and score predominately from set pieces as our outfield play is disjointed at best. 

We need to plan for next season now and if we continue to be poor in the last 5 league games there should obviously be a change in the close season. Some people's desire for everything to be rosy in the garden is completely unrealistic and frankly misguided. 

Goops!

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Enzo doesn't like him. Fair enough. He'd rather have a go at him, despite us winning yesterday, and he'll be wanting him gone even if we win it. As he knows it winds up folk on here.

Rick, on the other hand, is just a very poor troll. Enzo at least tries to hide it under the guise of an opinion. 

And fails!

The Future's Maroon

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

So, thats my tuppenceworth.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

CL has overseen one of the best victories over Celtic to end their unbeaten run. Hopefully this will be the teaser to end their dreams of a treble treble. HHGH

I wasn’t there yesterday but was told by a mate who was that CL was booed by some supporters at the end when the players were taking applause. Anyone who WAS there shed any light? F’n ridiculous if true 

Edited by Jamhammer

22games nro
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I am Craig Levein. 

We are all Craig Levein. 

No, Im craig Levein

Related image

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

The first half yesterday was typical of how we have played for the majority of the season.

The ball was passed square across the back allowing Inverness to get their defensive shape and make them difficult to break down. The only time we looked dangerous was when we played a bit quicker and got the ball to Mulraney. Keena I thought had a pretty good first half with some incisive passes but a lot of the time we were slow and ponderous lacking ideas to break them down.

We looked better in the second half when we played with a bit more tempo. 

We are better when we play a high tempo pressing game but you can only do that against certain teams in the league. 

CL was one of my favourite players while I was growing up and I know he’s passionate about the club but there comes a time in a managers career when they need to recognise that styles of play, training methods and formations have moved on. Arsenal Wenger has seen that, even Jose Mourinho has seen that and I’m sorry, CL’s style of play has had its day. 

I’d love him to go out on a high by winning the cup and crapping on their treble treble. 

As as for all this PHM in charge, what a crock of crap. We need to find the best candidate we can get for the job, not someone who has a connection to the club.

i support the club, it doesn’t matter who is in charge as long as they are winning and playing decent football. It doesn’t mean that I have to like CL or want him in charge

Historically we have always had a higher chance of success with someone who got to know and love the club inside out over many years, like JJ, Doddie, Neilson and Levein and in the older days as well. Of course there are other managers out there but it does seem to work to have a club legend or stalwart in charge more often than not. I’d love to see Robbo get another shot personally.

Out if interest what is about Levein you don’t like? I’ve not met him but he comes across as one of the more engaging and interesting characters in our game. As a player I don’t recall him being especially unlikable either.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, jock _turd said:

This a million times we have reached  the final and before that a semi BUT, and others are totally free to have their own opinion, even if I lived in Edinburgh I would not leave my house to watch the drivel being dished up week in week out by this present team. I have said it before that to some the ends justify the means... not for me I am afraid football is about your heart rate rising during a game  the present fare at Tynecastle is not going to raise a smile never mind anything else. In summary I really hope we win the final but regardless of that I want him out of the managers seat next season.

I dont mean this to be insulting but if you have dictionary or smart phone, check out the meaning of the word supporter.

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbh, I call bull shite on that. 

The league form will have no baring on the cup final at all. 

More so, now that it is celtic we are playing. 

We could win all 5 games and celtic could take 4 of us, it would Suprise nobody. 

It's a one of game in all sense of the phrase. 

We've beaten celtic twice in 7 years, thankfully both have been in recent seasons and we have proven we can compete, although they have also proven they can still take us apart. 

League form will have zero effect on the game. 

League wins are alway good, any win is good but they will have no baring on the cup final. 

Sorry Olly, I could not disagree more, any football team needs form leading into a game they want to win.  If we have a disaster post split it's not going to end well in the final, team needs to have confidence, know who is playing well etc, that's just football mate.

TyphoonJambo
19 hours ago, been here before said:

But the boycott?

Im boycotting the boycot

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Last time we won the Scottish Cup we finished 5th and got scudded 5-0 in the last game of the season so don't see the league form and Scottish Cup final having any correlation.

I find the whole notion of this, it's a one off, we can turn up on the day etc to be a bit pie in the sky.  I am not saying I expect us to blitz the top 6 fixtures, I am just saying we need to see a team building some confidence and finding a better way to play than what we have seen.  We have been awful in the league recently bar the Aberdeen game imo, just think the whole place needs a lift and a buzz before we go into this Final. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I find the whole notion of this, it's a one off, we can turn up on the day etc to be a bit pie in the sky.  I am not saying I expect us to blitz the top 6 fixtures, I am just saying we need to see a team building some confidence and finding a better way to play than what we have seen.  We have been awful in the league recently bar the Aberdeen game imo, just think the whole place needs a lift and a buzz before we go into this Final. 

We played very well against Hibs in the first half and should have been 2 or 3 up before they equalised. We were very good in the 2nd half against Aberdeen. We were excellent in the 2nd half against ICT. It's almost as if we have had loads of players coming back from serious injury and they are starting to regain match fitness and gel as a unit again. Uche now has three goals in his last six matches and looks to be improving all the time. Mulraney is looking like a very shrewd signing indeed. We've also introduced Burns over the last few matches. We have a lot of players in the 18-24 year age bracket in the squad who are only going to get better over the next season or two.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We played very well against Hibs in the first half and should have been 2 or 3 up before they equalised. We were very good in the 2nd half against Aberdeen. We were excellent in the 2nd half against ICT. It's almost as if we have had loads of players coming back from serious injury and they are starting to regain match fitness and gel as a unit again. Uche now has three goals in his last six matches and looks to be improving all the time. Mulraney is looking like a very shrewd signing indeed. We've also introduced Burns over the last few matches. We have a lot of players in the 18-24 year age bracket in the squad who are only going to get better over the next season or two.

Yes, don't disagree with any of this, just want to see some performances before the big day at Hampden.  We are due some luck on the injury front so hopefully no more of them!

Finlay James
8 hours ago, dave1964 said:

CL has overseen one of the best victories over Celtic to end their unbeaten run. Hopefully this will be the teaser to end their dreams of a treble treble. HHGH

He'll be loving the prospect

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I wasn’t there yesterday but was told by a mate who was that CL was booed by some supporters at the end when the players were taking applause. Anyone who WAS there shed any light? F’n ridiculous if true 

No-one in our section.   Everyone was buzzing clapping singing etc at full time.   Some booing at half time but that's just a typical gorgie response to a poor first half.  

pettigrewsstylist

To base an opinion, on such an important decision, pending the result of a single game against Celtic, would be wrong IMO. We all know we have "smiled upon" with regards to the draw.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I dont mean this to be insulting but if you have dictionary or smart phone, check out the meaning of the word supporter.

I had a season ticket for many years when I stayed in Edinburgh and there were many occasions when I did not go to games because of the poor standard of play... on the other hand there were times I went along just to keep the place open, think just prior to the Mercer take over, even though the play was terrible. I am just giving an opinion of the standard of play just now and the fact that in my opinion it is not that we have really poor players, rather the way they are being asked to play. The football is totally rank just now and something has to change... for the last X seasons we have had a huge player turn over... nothing at all has changed on the field really, I blame that purely on mix of poor recruitment and  bad coaching and management.

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, Deevers said:

You get the distinct impression that there are one or two about who would rather see Craig Levein fail than Hearts succeed. 

Indeed. The sort of people who don't buy season tickets and constantly posted about it during the sales campaign. You get the distinct impression that they don't want us to sell season tickets either. 

indianajones

Obviously everyone will be behind the manager and the team as they are every week. 

Still doesn't change the fact that Levein should be leaving for th le good of the club. 

i wish jj was my dad
14 hours ago, Deevers said:

The last thing we need at this time is negativity and disunity amongst us. Let’s get behind the team and the management and win the cup. All the other stuff can wait until after that game. Craig Levein is going nowhere just now. That’s a fact.

Agree.  Beggars belief that 'Hearts fans' want to sow discontent prior to a cup final. 

CL knows our league form since October and finishing 5th or 6th and behind Hibs is unacceptable but there are mitigating circumstances. Personally, I will be surprised if CL sticks around next season but I don't see a better prospect on the horizon.

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

One thing I don’t think anyone can deny is that Craig Levein deserves this silverware!

After what we as fans have done over the last five years, we all deserve this silverware :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Elshin said:

No-one in our section.   Everyone was buzzing clapping singing etc at full time.   Some booing at half time but that's just a typical gorgie response to a poor first half.  

Aye I heard it at half time on telly but none at the end

sandylejambo
47 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

One thing I don’t think anyone can deny is that Craig Levein deserves this silverware!

It's  not him that deserves silverware it's me, I'm the one that pays to see us, I'm the one putting up with eye bleeding football in a lot of games, without taking anything for myself, if anyone deserves anything it's me, and those like me.

Edited by sandylejambo
Spelling

Just to re-cap on the allegations against Levein : - 

All his signings are crap - Barra, Souttar, Naismith unquestionable. Uche, Clare, Mulraney all progressing and show potential 

can’t get crosses in -improving 

corners/free kicks crap - improving

too slow build-up - Aberdeen second half, Hibs, ICT second half. Improving. 

While eye-bleeding has been appropriate far too often this season, I do think there are grounds for optimism. 

We have had had a lot of injuries but the loss of Lafferty without an immediate replacement, the double loss of Naismith and the failure of vanaczek to hit the ground - running or not - have meant we haven’t had the manpower to overrun teams. Levein’s solution was to build from the back - don’t concede if you can’t score and you have s fighting chance. I don’t agree with it but can see why he’s done it. 

Problem is is we have also had our problems at the back with loss of all left backs and loss of Berra, Souttar and Smith  meshing we do concede at the back. 

That combinaton has floored us. Hopefully, we can get some more attacking options, in and defence will settle down and we can remove the eye bleeding stuff and kick on with Levein at the helm or not. 

8 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

To base an opinion, on such an important decision, pending the result of a single game against Celtic, would be wrong IMO. We all know we have "smiled upon" with regards to the draw.

We were smiled on in 98 too. Hopefully the same end outcome. The thing about the lucky cup draw stuff is that if luck is so important you also have to take into account our bad luck this season when assessing league performances - injuries, crazy ref decisions and even Craig’s heart attack!

It amazes me that his health issues seem to have been forgotten when assessing the season as a whole.

Edited by Guest

dkmmgcycbwc
18 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

i  think our mate misled you.

As much as I can't stand his way of his style of play and negative tactica and I don't want him in the dugout after may anybody who boos their own manager during their time in charge really need to have a look at themselves. He has the clubs best interests at heart but we all know modern football has bypassed him and he needs to adapt. 

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He’ll win the cup, step back upstairs and Jon Daly will fill the managers chair!

JKB will be a riot that day!

I'd be quite happy with that tbh. 

Nucleus of a half decent SPL squad. Give Daly a season to see what he can do. 

16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If he wins the cup and installs Daly the following day, most of us won’t notice I’d imagine?

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Couldn’t think of anything worse. 

A man Levein has moulded into a younger manager version of him, no thanks.

On 14/04/2019 at 11:08, Enzo Chiefo said:

The best outcome for the club, not to be conflated with the best outcome for CL, is to have a new manager.  A non "PHM" would be best

Non "PHM" is the way to go, an unheard of eastern european would be perfect ?

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

On what grounds? He has limited coaching experience and only has a B licence. We need a more experienced coach who is going to change the way we play.