Time to unite Behind Craig

lou

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No clearly not. Is Demetri Mitchell going to be the best player in this LEAGUE? Is Vanacek going to bang the goals in? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  The irony is that Lafferty would have stood out in our team at present. 

This post is proof that you spout guff.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• rick witter

• frankblack

• Jodami

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How's that, John?

Seems reasonable enough to me.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

We were sitting second or third when Robbie Neilson was manager and that wasn't enough , he was getting it tight from a section of our support.What did the new managers win when they came in following the the managers that had won something? I'm not scared of change I'm more scared of losing a good manager. I don't give a **** about hobos or killie managers

Let's see how well Heckingarse does next year. Clarke has had a pretty settled team this year yet taken two drubbings off of the OF and got very lucky at Tynie whilst being out played twice on his own patch by our 'shite' manager.

Finlay James
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

History from last season suggests we are no better or no worse we are exactly the same. We are not improving. A change in manager would see us improve in my opinion. 

Be careful what you wish for, there is no guarantee that a change in manager automatically brings improvement.  Scott Parker has just led Fulham to relegation and Paul Lambert, who was given much longer, has just led Ipswich to the same fate to league one.

By the way, there is no point in continually haranguing our manager, he's going nowhere.  Either support him or **** off.

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Levein might just be vital to us now.

He's got massive balls when it comes to dealing the above powers in Scottish football.

I want to see 2 weeks worth of referee pressure in the lead up to the final. Have them properly squirming. Because whoever gets the nod to ref this game will be going into it with the purpose of giving those ***** a treble treble. 

Exactly what i was thinking love him or loathe him he despises the old firm and will do any thing he can to piss them off

Governor Tarkin
Just now, John Findlay said:

Seriously?

Yeh seriously.

You disagree with him over Levein so tried to discredit him by casting up a prediction he'd got wrong. He defended himself with examples of predictions that plenty of posters on here have gotten wrong. Hindsight IS a wonderful thing, John, nobody can see the future, and folk using it to put down others do themselves a discredit.

If that post you replied to was any kind of proof that Enzo spouts guff then you're left with no option but to level the same complaint at every poster on the board.

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Let's see how well Heckingarse does next year. Clarke has had a pretty settled team this year yet taken two drubbings off of the OF and got very lucky at Tynie whilst being out played twice on his own patch by our 'shite' manager.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Be careful what you wish for, there is no guarantee that a change in manager automatically brings improvement.  Scott Parker has just led Fulham to relegation and Paul Lambert, who was given much longer, has just led Ipswich to the same fate to league one.

By the way, there is no point in continually haranguing our manager, he's going nowhere.  Either support him or **** off.

??  All true , but some cannot see

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Either support him or **** off.

Yes Sir, Mister boss man Sir.

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How's that then John? Just highlighting other predictions made on this board that haven't come to fruition.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Under JJ on the way to finals the team stepped up a pace, I’ll be surprised if that’s the case with this team! 

Ill take a SC win under any manager.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yeh seriously.

You disagree with him over Levein so tried to discredit him by casting up a prediction he'd got wrong. He defended himself with examples of predictions that plenty of posters on here have gotten wrong. Hindsight IS a wonderful thing, John, nobody can see the future, and folk using it to put down others do themselves a discredit.

If that post you replied to was any kind of proof that Enzo spouts guff then you're left with no option but to level the same complaint at every poster on the board.

Spot on Guvnor. One rule for one and all that....

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

The last thing we need at this time is negativity and disunity amongst us. Let’s get behind the team and the management and win the cup. All the other stuff can wait until after that game. Craig Levein is going nowhere just now. That’s a fact.

Jambof3tornado

Winning some of our remaining league fixtures just became more important. Not because of getting higher up the league but to build a bit of confidence going into the final.

How we set up in these games is down to Craig.

He gets my support in the matches but I will be disappointed if he doesnt stand down after the cup final, be nice to do that on a high note.

6 hours ago, lou said:

We had a great start to the the season and are now finishing it with a day at Hampden.  The football in the middle and latter part has been tedious and there has been a lack of passion and drive.

We need to forget this in the hope that we can be part of one of the our greatest ever leading us to glory, watching Levein lift a trophy as Hearts manager would be right up there with 1998 and 2012.

I genuinely think no right minded Hearts fan is a hater, just frustrated.

I'm in. Come on Craig and the Lads.

Win!!!

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

I keep going on about it but I would like to see improvements on the coaching side. Much more work on transition so we actually move the ball better in open play. A stated ambition of Levein after admin was to play in a similar formation so players making the transition from youth to reserve to first team football would find it easier. This also means that if you do have injuries you can bring players in to play in a position and formation they re comfortable in. All our age groups play the same way apart from the first team. 

I am delighted we are in a cup final, I am 48 so believe me I know how rare they are. It doesn't change the general situation on the footballing side though. The only way to compete in a league where 2 teams will always have better players is coaching and organisation. 

Idealistic claptrap!  You are effectively saying that if Berra is injured we could bring in some CD from our U15 team and he would do a similar job.

Also even if you are referring to coaching, how do you know we're not planning for next season?

John Findlay
52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yeh seriously.

Enzo Chiefo is predicting the future all the time whilst spouting shite 

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm in. Come on Craig and the Lads.

Win!!!

Yay! :)

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The best outcome for the club, not to be conflated with the best outcome for CL, is to have a new manager.  A non "PHM" would be best

The best outcome for CL is the best outcome for the club. PHM who wants the best for the club he put his heart and soul into. 

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

So are half the board. Most don't even bother with the difficult job of predicting the future and head straight for the guff.

Enzo can talk some pish but the salient points he does make tend to be disregarded in a purely ad hominem manner. 

Not cool.

Time to give your cynicism a run ashore, John. It could do with some R&R. :D

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

The best outcome for CL is the best outcome for the club. PHM who wants the best for the club he put his heart and soul into. 

Correct.

He could kill two birds with one stone and pick up his p45 at the same time as he picks up the Scottish cup.

pettigrewsstylist
51 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Winning some of our remaining league fixtures just became more important. Not because of getting higher up the league but to build a bit of confidence going into the final.

How we set up in these games is down to Craig.

He gets my support in the matches but I will be disappointed if he doesnt stand down after the cup final, be nice to do that on a high note.

I would like him to settle the formation and team for final in  his head now and consider playing  it for last 5 games wherever poss with injuries etc. LB concerns me. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

Doh , were we at Hampden 3 times last season ?would suggest we have improved

It’s all about the luck of the draw in the cup. We have been very lucky whilst we have also of course done very well to get to the final. 

The league over 38 games will show if improvements have been made. I suspect we will be mid table yet again. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct.

He could kill two birds with one stone and pick up his p45 at the same time as he picks up the Scottish cup.

Sack a winner ???

And you can't even see the lunacy behind that crock of Shit.

Mind blowing ****wittery.

rick witter
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

We deserve to be better than a mid table side. Of course there is no guarantee that we would improve but we are most certainly not getting any better after 2 full seasons under the current manager. So should we just accept mediocrity??? Are you happy to accept that? 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Sack a winner ???

And you can't even see the lunacy behind that crock of Shit.

Mind blowing ****wittery.

Don't be jealous that someone else is taking a perverse pleasure from this shitshow too twisty .

No need to lash out.

:(

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Wrong. CL is not the club. What he wants for the club is not necessarily the best thing for the club. Nobody wants him thrown out Julian Assange style so, in that respect, lifting the Scottish Cup will allow him to exit in a dignified manner and pass on the reins to someone who is better placed to move us forward.

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s all about the luck of the draw in the cup. We have been very lucky whilst we have also of course done very well to get to the final. 

The league over 38 games will show if improvements have been made. I suspect we will be mid table yet again. 

i don't care too much about the draw , you beat what's put in front of you to progress . I'm only stating to you that there is an improvement on last year as i do not remember visiting Hampden 3 times last season. Do you agree that is an improvement on last season ?

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wrong. CL is not the club. What he wants for the club is not necessarily the best thing for the club. Nobody wants him thrown out Julian Assange style so, in that respect, lifting the Scottish Cup will allow him to exit in a dignified manner and pass on the reins to someone who is better placed to move us forward.

Maybe i'm just being too curious , but what would CL be wanting to do for the club that wouldn't be for the good of the club but good for him ?

i wish jj was my dad
17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You don't think CL wants the best for the club? How so?  

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did someone piss in your cornflakes the day. :D

:D

I know.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You don't think CL wants the best for the club? How so?  

Read it again JJ. What he wants for the club is not necessarily the best thing for the club. Style of play, signing policy,  making use of the budget. It's no different to any other manager. Ian Cathro wanted the best for the club. What was best for Ian Cathro was of course, keeping his job. CL also wanted to give him more time. That, clearly,  wasn't the best thing for the club. 

Enzo Chiefo
22 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Maybe i'm just being too curious , but what would CL be wanting to do for the club that wouldn't be for the good of the club but good for him ?

His methods...style of player, tactics, signing policy, man management etc. Best for him , but not for the club imo.

The stick Levein’s got has been disgraceful. Has he failed to come up with a plan b when key players were injured, especially naismith and uche? Yes. Is he stuck in his ways and inflexible when it comes to setting the team up? Probably.

Facts are though even if we finish 6th, a semi, a cup final and leading the league for however long we did counts as a well above average season.

Pretty sure the 5 year plan also aimed to have us challenging for honours by the 5th year. Job done. Great comeback story for us and definitely to be celebrated instead of booed.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Idealistic claptrap!  You are effectively saying that if Berra is injured we could bring in some CD from our U15 team and he would do a similar job.

Also even if you are referring to coaching, how do you know we're not planning for next season?

That was the theory put forward by Levein himself after we were in admin. Your 15 year old example is obviously utterly ridiculous as well. Playing the same way through the age groups obviously makes sense but that set up is usually adopted by clubs with a classic director of football structure. Ours had to give that job up to clean up his own shit.

37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not really the time for this is it. We have a scottish cup final to look forward to. Doesn’t come around very often.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Not really the time for this is it. We have a scottish cup final to look forward to. Doesn’t come around very often.

Yes, I appreciate that. Just answering direct questions that I've been asked. Of course, decisions will only be taken, win or lose, at the end of the season. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Read it again JJ. What he wants for the club is not necessarily the best thing for the club. Style of play, signing policy,  making use of the budget. It's no different to any other manager. Ian Cathro wanted the best for the club. What was best for Ian Cathro was of course, keeping his job. CL also wanted to give him more time. That, clearly,  wasn't the best thing for the club. 

Craig wants success at the club. That's what is best for him and the club.  

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Craig wants success at the club. That's what is best for him and the club.  

He wants success for the club but HIS methods are not necessarily conducive to delivering that success. No different to any other manager in the world.

54 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We deserve to be better than a mid table side. Of course there is no guarantee that we would improve but we are most certainly not getting any better after 2 full seasons under the current manager. So should we just accept mediocrity??? Are you happy to accept that? 

A cup final and who knows even a cup win is well beyond mediocrity. As is a cup semi in the same season. Our league form will pick up whoever the manager is.

Cant help thinking that this achievement will have a major bearing on the future of both CL and Naismith with Hearts.  That's regardless of whether win it or not.

Anyone heard an update on current ST sales?

rick witter
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A cup final and who knows even a cup win is well beyond mediocrity. As is a cup semi in the same season. Our league form will pick up whoever the manager is.

We have been saying the league form will pick up for 2 years. 

Edited by rick witter

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Stephen Robinson led Motherwell, a club with a fraction of our resources, to 2 finals last season. Do you think he would do a good job for us?

Finlay James
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

So you're just completely ignoring our cup runs this season then?

Of course I'm not happy with mid table, we should be finishing 3rd/4th with some to spare.  I still think the squad wasn't utilized properly this season but with the spine we are building, we will improve again next season.  If you'd told me preseason that we'd finish 5th-6th, reach one semi and and a final (which we could well win), I'd have bitten your hand off.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He wants success for the club but HIS methods are not necessarily conducive to delivering that success. No different to any other manager in the world.

His methods have gotten us to the final and a semi final in currently the only possible Silverware available.

Truly remarkable imo.

You get the distinct impression that there are one or two about who would rather see Craig Levein fail than Hearts succeed. 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

His methods have gotten us to the final and a semi final in currently the only possible Silverware available.

Truly remarkable imo.

What is truly remarkable? Beating Livvy, Auchinleck, Partick and Invershneckie? You think that is remarkable do you?. Great that we're in the final but remarkable? No.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

To be fair so has Craig Levein... he has sign some absolute guff who he has thought were going to do something... and they are not by a long long way. Credit where it is due we have reached a semi and a final ... but given the route to both if we had not we would all be up in arms. I fully support CL in his endevour to win this trophy and he is a club footballing standout but as a manager he can do one he is a dinosaur I am afraid his style of football died a long time ago he has been totally unsuccessful in the role of a manager.. at very level too!