Time to unite Behind Craig

lou

The idiot's guide to football.

See when you pay players a fraction of what you see the biggy players earning on the tellybox then the football is not going to be the same. You're going to witness misses, misplaced passes, a slower tempo and not much technical ability. 

It's simple economics.

So, stop ****ing moaning about the games and just enjoy the ****ing occasion you tedious mind numbing bores.

Edited by Artful Dodger

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• rick witter

• frankblack

• Jodami

53 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you seriously think we are not planning now for next season or do you just want a bloody good moan?  We have already signed Halkett and are trying to tie up.the contracts of current players like Naisy.

The football has not been great at times but did you recollect we had one or two lengthy injuries to key players, some of whom are now back but still not up to maximum fitness?  Or maybe you think losing key players should make little difference.

What precisely should we be doing now that we're not doing?

I keep going on about it but I would like to see improvements on the coaching side. Much more work on transition so we actually move the ball better in open play. A stated ambition of Levein after admin was to play in a similar formation so players making the transition from youth to reserve to first team football would find it easier. This also means that if you do have injuries you can bring players in to play in a position and formation they re comfortable in. All our age groups play the same way apart from the first team. 

I am delighted we are in a cup final, I am 48 so believe me I know how rare they are. It doesn't change the general situation on the footballing side though. The only way to compete in a league where 2 teams will always have better players is coaching and organisation. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The best outcome for the club, not to be conflated with the best outcome for CL, is to have a new manager.  A non "PHM" would be best

So if we were to win the cup it would be a good idea to change or " get rid" of the manager that wins it - no matter who the manager is ? Or is it just that it is Craig Levein ? Btw i disagree with you . I think you should always watch what you wish for , we could have done a lot worse this season

9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Ah so the poor performances were down to injuries. But then the players we all available so it was down to them not being fit. But then they were fit but Naismith was injured. When does the time come when someone says that being in 6th place in this league is completely unacceptable!! That is down to both the players and more so the management team. 

we are 6th at the moment , can't that change? semi - final and final same season . who was last manager to do that ?

Celtic are so far a head of us in pace, skill level, awareness and finishing ability. All we can do is enjoy the occasion. Sad fact is, no-one in the league except for Rangers actually believes they can challenge for silverware and the title. Any single moment we have a promising squad, it will be torn apart for profit. 

I will give Levein credit for steadying a sinking ship under Cathro but lets be honest. He is 1 dimensional in his style and setup. It's boring to watch and frustrating as a fan watching very average players make basic mistakes when apparently playing at the top level of Scottish football. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, cubanjambo said:

So if we were to win the cup it would be a good idea to change or " get rid" of the manager that wins it - no matter who the manager is ? Or is it just that it is Craig Levein ? Btw i disagree with you . I think you should always watch what you wish for , we could have done a lot worse this season

We changed the manager after our last 2 cup wins so no big deal really. No, it's the lack of progress, the style of play, the bizarre signings and the ongoing problems in, apparently, trying to even get them fit. The lack of width, pace and creativity. The clear improvement in Hibs and Killie since sourcing new managers shows there is nothing to fear about making changes.  Since Neilson left, we have finished 5th, 6th and 5th/6th. Not good enough and reaching a Cup Final shouldn't cloud our or more importantly ABs judgement. 

rick witter

we are 6th at the moment , can't that change? semi - final and final same season . who was last manager to do that ?

It can change but only to 5th place at best. To get to third of 4th we would have to win all our remaining matches which I’m afraid we are just not good enough to do. 

Hopefully we can win the cup and Craig Levein can be remembered as a legend before handing over the reigns to someone who can take us to the next level. 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

It can change but only to 5th place at best. To get to third of 4th we would have to win all our remaining matches which I’m afraid we are just not good enough to do. 

Hopefully we can win the cup and Craig Levein can be remembered as a legend before handing over the reigns to someone who can take us to the next level. 

The next level is the odd cup win per decade, and finishing at best third each year.

So really we are already at the next level

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

We changed the manager after our last 2 cup wins so no big deal really. No, it's the lack of progress, the style of play, the bizarre signings and the ongoing problems in, apparently, trying to even get them fit. The lack of width, pace and creativity. The clear improvement in Hibs and Killie since sourcing new managers shows there is nothing to fear about making changes.  Since Neilson left, we have finished 5th, 6th and 5th/6th. Not good enough and reaching a Cup Final shouldn't cloud our or more importantly ABs judgement. 

We were sitting second or third when Robbie Neilson was manager and that wasn't enough , he was getting it tight from a section of our support.What did the new managers win when they came in following the the managers that had won something? I'm not scared of change I'm more scared of losing a good manager. I don't give a **** about hobos or killie managers

sandylejambo

i would love Levein to win us the cup and I would be pleased if he finished on that high, I read somewhere that he had signed 19 players, I don't know if that's true but he has signed quite a few, and we need flare players? what did we need when he was signing the team he's put together? I don't think he can change his football style and the style we play is breaking my heart, we are not good to watch and too many times I have come home very angry at the way we play, I don't need to pay to get angry, I could watch the shit my wife watches on TV. it really is time for him to retire.

11 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What - new manager to win us the league , is that what you're suggesting?

Edited by cubanjambo

rick witter
11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The next level is the odd cup win per decade, and finishing at best third each year.

So really we are already at the next level

How can we be if we are finishing in 5th and 6th every season?? 

rick witter
5 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

What - new manager to win us the league , is that what you're suggesting?

No I’m suggesting we need someone to turn us into a top 4 team consistently every year. Levein clearly isn’t capable of doing that. 

7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

No I’m suggesting we need someone to turn us into a top 4 team consistently every year. Levein clearly isn’t capable of doing that. 

So who do you suggest that we bring in that is going to consistently get us top 4 and Hampden 3 times a season ? if you can suggest a manager i'm sure even Craig Levein would stand aside and give him a collie-buckie into Tynecastle

1 minute ago, cubanjambo said:

So who do you suggest that we bring in that is going to consistently get us top 4 and Hampden 3 times a season ? if you can suggest a manager i'm sure even Craig Levein would stand aside and give him a collie-buckie into Tynecastle

I don't think any manager can achieve this if we look to sell any up and coming star player for profit. 

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

We were sitting second or third when Robbie Neilson was manager and that wasn't enough , he was getting it tight from a section of our support.What did the new managers win when they came in following the the managers that had won something? I'm not scared of change I'm more scared of losing a good manager. I don't give a **** about hobos or killie managers

I'm not  interested in why Neilson left. He's gone. He jumped at the first offer that came in. You said it, we were 2nd and now we're 6th. Why you or anyone is scared of losing a bang average manager like Levein is beyond me. 

The Future's Maroon
14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Jeez, becoming as boring as I8’s trolling.

Just now, CAI said:

I don't think any manager can achieve this if we look to sell any up and coming star player for profit. 

I don't think so neither , but im sure everyone at Hearts would be open to someone that could - If someone would name that manager, that's all i'm asking

The seethe on this thread makes for wonderful veiwing.

Now, as I couldn't give a shiny Shite about the league campaign this season snymore and I know 100% that Mr Levein will be in charge next season I hope we use the remaining fixtures as practice matches.

This place is rubbish when we win.

I don't think so neither , but im sure everyone at Hearts would be open to someone that could - If someone would name that manager, that's all i'm asking

Only way I could see it happen is if we got a back bone of 5 or 6 super stars from the Academy, all start to hit peak at the same time. Get 1 full season with them with a Grade A manager to guide them. Throw in some injuries to Celtic/Rangers. We might have a chance. I honestly don't think i'll see Hearts lift the league cup in my lifetime unfortunately ;( 

1 minute ago, cubanjambo said:

It was Wee Robbo yesterday.

Think that mindset changed though.

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

The seethe on this thread makes for wonderful veiwing.

Now, as I couldn't give a shiny Shite about the league campaign this season snymore and I know 100% that Mr Levein will be in charge next season I hope we use the remaining fixtures as practice matches.

This place is rubbish when we win.

? 100% , it's the old firm type entitlement  and anti-Hearts management that gets on my goat in here 

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Completely agree.

works both ways tho, the get it up you haters chat has to stop too.  

So you admit there are haters ?

18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not  interested in why Neilson left. He's gone. He jumped at the first offer that came in. You said it, we were 2nd and now we're 6th. Why you or anyone is scared of losing a bang average manager like Levein is beyond me. 

And i don't know why some guys like yourself would have an unknown run the footballing side instead of Craig Levein. A matter of opinions

rick witter
22 minutes ago, CAI said:

Aberdeen have been consistently doing it for the last 3 or four seasons. So if they can do it why can’t we? 

49 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Whats  the next level ?

10 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

? 100% , it's the old firm type entitlement  and anti-Hearts management that gets on my goat in here 

Used to annoy me slightly as well.

Think it's ****ing hilarious now though.

The tipping point was when you had the Screwballs wanting us to win the Cup but dispense with the manager.

That kind of logic takes an awful lot of beating to a rational mind ????

rick witter
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Whats  the next level ?

Read the thread. 

Consistently being a top 4 team every season. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

The idiot's guide to football.

See when you pay players a fraction of what you see the biggy players earning on the tellybox then the football is not going to be the same. You're going to witness misses, misplaced passes, a slower tempo and not much technical ability. 

It's simple economics.

So, stop ****ing moaning about the games and just enjoy the ****ing occasion you tedious mind numbing bores.

There is absolutely no relation between tempo, basic control, misplaced passes and economics. So by all means just pitch up and "enjoy the atmosphere" if that's your thing, but don't block the more analytical brains amongst us from looking for improvement. 

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Aberdeen have been consistently doing it for the last 3 or four seasons. So if they can do it why can’t we? 

I'm sure we would if hobos, rangers and aberdeen were in lower leagues for a few years

I can understand the critics and the frustrations but I really believe we are building a strong foundation and will be challenging for cups year on year.

We have had the luck of the draw this year in the league cup and Scottish but we have achieved a Semi-final and a Final along with an appalling season of injuries, this is not an excuse it is fact.

I cannot recall a season where so many influential players were out.

We will not always agree but we should be in no doubt Craig wants success as much as any Hearts fan, I think he is entitled to at least another season.

Support and decide at the end of the season or throw down tools and let the team down.

Your choice.

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Read the thread. 

Consistently being a top 4 team every season. 

You mean like the last time CL was manager ?

There is absolutely no relation between tempo, basic control, misplaced passes and economics. So by all means just pitch up and "enjoy the atmosphere" if that's your thing, but don't block the more analytical brains amongst us from looking for improvement. 

I keep it simple and you don't understand.

Hardly an unexpected phenomenon with certain individuals.

You being one of them.

???

7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Lets be honest with ourselves. Finishing 6th every season or 3rd every season makes zero difference. Except we get to be knocked out of Europe in round 2 or whatever. 

I want a Hearts team that actually wants to win the league and has the talent to see it through. We will never see it though. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

And i don't know why some guys like yourself would have an unknown run the footballing side instead of Craig Levein. A matter of opinions

An unknown??? A minority of fans seem to need Craig Levein as some kind of comfort blanket. It's actually beyond bizarre.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Ah so the poor performances were down to injuries. But then the players we all available so it was down to them not being fit. But then they were fit but Naismith was injured. When does the time come when someone says that being in 6th place in this league is completely unacceptable!! That is down to both the players and more so the management team. 

Only an idiot would think that if you lose several of your best players at the same time, the standard of  performance should not decrease when you put their understudies in.  They are understudies because they are not as good as the best ones.  We are not rich enough to have like-for-like replacements in some cupboard at Riccarton.

To help you through this in simpliistic fashion

1. Who do we have that could replicate Berra and Souttar who were both injured at the same time?  Even now Berra is not back to full fitness IMO.  We even brought in Jimmy Dunne and he got injured too as did Dikamona.

2. Who has the same quality as Naismith and Uche?  Naisy still out and Uche regaining match fitness by the game.

3. How many FBs have we lost at different times and, as I type, we are still missing Mitchell and Garruccio?   Brandon, Smith and Godinho have also spent a good number of games out.

John Findlay

After the final whistle yesterday I had a good chuckle to myself. Craig Levein went over to some supporters close to the tunnel as they were applauding both the team and Craig and had motioned for him to come over. Guy two seats to the right of me(I was section P3) started hurling abuse towards Levein saying **** off Levein that's not for you. **** off out our club that's not for you. That was right after winning a semi final 3-0

Which we never looked like losing between the first and last whistle.

Some people just have no idea how to use the brain in their head.

As long as Crain Levein is Hearts manager. Like the team he will get my full backing. Simple as that.

An unknown??? A minority of fans seem to need Craig Levein as some kind of comfort blanket. It's actually beyond bizarre.

Well name the manager you want that will be better then , that is all i ask and if it's feasible i'll agree we should get the said new manager

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Should we bring back Jim Jefferies then? Alex McLeish did a good job with Scotland about 12 years ago. Doesn't mean he's the right fit for the job now. Finishing 6th (or 5th) in successive seasons should result in a "thanks for your efforts and goodbye"

Finlay James
42 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We were top 2 with Neilson before he was hounded out.  Levein has us 6th but into the semi final/final of the two cups.  Both of these scenarios are not enough for a minority of our support.

He's already strengthened us for next season and has stated that wants to add more creativitity and flair to the spine that he has built.  History and common sense suggests that craig Levein teams get stronger each season and I see no sense in binning him.  He's building something very special.

Hearts need consistency, not continued change when the going gets tough.

Enzo Chiefo

Well name the manager you want that will be better then , that is all i ask and if it's feasible i'll agree we should get the said new manager

Not my job. But Michael Appleton for a start. There are other managers in England too you know. Steve Clarke? Probably wouldn't come but you have to ask the question.

rick witter
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes I do mean exactly that. He is not capable to do what he did before though. 

Not my job. But Michael Appleton for a start. There are other managers in England too you know. Steve Clarke? Probably wouldn't come but you have to ask the question.

Not your job but you seem to do a lot of barking about it - better than CL ? aye righteeeeee Steve Clarke already said he wouldnt manage any other team in Scotland . Other one a hobo reject , hasn't managed i believe bit of a shot in the dark . no for me

John Findlay
42 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is Kyle Lafferty still going to be top scorer in the SPL this season?

rick witter
8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

We were top 2 with Neilson before he was hounded out.  Levein has us 6th but into the semi final/final of the two cups.  Both of these scenarios are not enough for a minority of our support.

He's already strengthened us for next season and has stated that wants to add more creativitity and flair to the spine that he has built.  History and common sense suggests that craig Levein teams get stronger each season and I see no sense in binning him.  He's building something very special.

Hearts need consistency, not continued change when the going gets tough.

History from last season suggests we are no better or no worse we are exactly the same. We are not improving. A change in manager would see us improve in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

After the final whistle yesterday I had a good chuckle to myself. Craig Levein went over to some supporters close to the tunnel as they were applauding both the team and Craig and had motioned for him to come over. Guy two seats to the right of me(I was section P3) started hurling abuse towards Levein saying **** off Levein that's not for you. **** off out our club that's not for you. That was right after winning a semi final 3-0

Which we never looked like losing between the first and last whistle.

Some people just have no idea how to use the brain in their head.

As long as Crain Levein is Hearts manager. Like the team he will get my full backing. Simple as that.

Your last sentence is bang on the money.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, John Findlay said:

Is Kyle Lafferty still going to be top scorer in the SPL this season?

No clearly not. Is Demetri Mitchell going to be the best player in this LEAGUE? Is Vanacek going to bang the goals in? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  The irony is that Lafferty would have stood out in our team at present. 

1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I say for the last game of season Levein assigns special agents Malaury Martin & David Vanecek to absolutely kick **** out of every Celtic player in that entire lineup. 

That's a good idea. 

Brutal. 

But a good idea. :lol:

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

History from last season suggests we are no better or no worse we are exactly the same. We are not improving. A change in manager would see us improve in my opinion. 

Doh , were we at Hampden 3 times last season ?would suggest we have improved