Time to unite Behind Craig

lou

We had a great start to the the season and are now finishing it with a day at Hampden.  The football in the middle and latter part has been tedious and there has been a lack of passion and drive.

We need to forget this in the hope that we can be part of one of the our greatest ever leading us to glory, watching Levein lift a trophy as Hearts manager would be right up there with 1998 and 2012.

I genuinely think no right minded Hearts fan is a hater, just frustrated.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• rick witter

• frankblack

• Jodami

Jambos_1874

Agree with the last sentence in particular and no-one will be more frustrated than Levein when it comes to recent results.

From now until the end of the season it serves no purpose to constantly criticse Levein. We need to be 100% behind the team and give them our full support. It doesn't mean we accept shite results but we should do what we do best and that is to rally behind the club and team. Of all the people at this club I think Levein deserves a cup win more than anyone given his long service as a player and manager.

Edited by Jambos_1874

It would be great to see this happen. All to play for now. Get behind the team and the management and let's get this cup home to Gorgie.

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Everybody playing for a cup final spot should be incentive enough between now and then

Yep 100%. 

Utter nonsense. I was delighted yesterday, really enjoyed my day and I am looking forward to the cup final. However, it doesn't change the fact we were dreadful first half, have no cohesive style of play and score predominately from set pieces as our outfield play is disjointed at best. 

We need to plan for next season now and if we continue to be poor in the last 5 league games there should obviously be a change in the close season. Some people's desire for everything to be rosy in the garden is completely unrealistic and frankly misguided. 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Utter nonsense. I was delighted yesterday, really enjoyed my day and I am looking forward to the cup final. However, it doesn't change the fact we were dreadful first half, have no cohesive style of play and score predominately from set pieces as our outfield play is disjointed at best. 

We need to plan for next season now and if we continue to be poor in the last 5 league games there should obviously be a change in the close season. Some people's desire for everything to be rosy in the garden is completely unrealistic and frankly misguided. 

I thought we were OK in the first half.

Are you saying it's utter nonsense that the fans should actually support the team in the matches prior to the cup final ?

Stop moaning and support the team ffs.

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Utter nonsense, getting behind the manager in the lead up to a final????

The players seem to think the world of Craig and Uche is already making noises about the stick he is receiving, for us to go there and win, we all need to be as one.

The first half yesterday was poor, but booing at half time was beyond ridiculous

Edited by lou

How do we plan for next season now, with the same players available/unavailable? I have no doubt that moves are afoot to address our lack of creativity and pace,  but those players identified can’t come until the season ends. We have a disjointed squad at the moment and there is nothing we can do until we get better more creative players in. I’m as frustrated and apathetic as most at the way the season has unfolded, but shouting and abusing players management and others does nothing but increase the negativity around the club. Constantly being criticised and verbally abused doesn’t appear in any motivational techniques that I am aware of,and yet, some think that our team should take this as a form of encouragement. We have what we have and need to accept this for the rest of the season. P.s I have been going to tynecastle for nearly 60 years and this team is miles away from being the worst I have seen. I want better obviously but that doesn’t come cheap or quickly if we continuously change players and managers. It takes time to build a jig saw but seconds to destroy it. I believe Hearts are finding the key pieces season by season and will be in a good place soon with retention of current strong players and promotion gradually of youngsters from our academy. 

Absolutely. Whether or not you think he's the right man for the job is trivial. End of the day he's a PHM, a great servant of our club, and sadly he hasn't had anything show for it.

I hope and pray that the great Mrs Budge and Mr Levein are enjoying a bottle of wine or 2 on the 25th May with the trophy between them. 

Petty bickering isn't going to make things easier for the players. Get behind the team and play our part in pushing them on. 

Every player will be absolutely buzzing and desperate to make this final, so lethargic performances shouldn't be an issue.

56 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Everybody playing for a cup final spot should be incentive enough between now and then

Spot on.

We could still fight for a league placing for Europe, which I think is still possible, and hopefully see us step up our form for the final.

Sevco next weekend with the vermin soon after.  Lets do some damage to their seasons.

Craig Herbertson
12 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

How do we plan for next season now, with the same players available/unavailable? I have no doubt that moves are afoot to address our lack of creativity and pace,  but those players identified can’t come until the season ends. We have a disjointed squad at the moment and there is nothing we can do until we get better more creative players in. I’m as frustrated and apathetic as most at the way the season has unfolded, but shouting and abusing players management and others does nothing but increase the negativity around the club. Constantly being criticised and verbally abused doesn’t appear in any motivational techniques that I am aware of,and yet, some think that our team should take this as a form of encouragement. We have what we have and need to accept this for the rest of the season. P.s I have been going to tynecastle for nearly 60 years and this team is miles away from being the worst I have seen. I want better obviously but that doesn’t come cheap or quickly if we continuously change players and managers. It takes time to build a jig saw but seconds to destroy it. I believe Hearts are finding the key pieces season by season and will be in a good place soon with retention of current strong players and promotion gradually of youngsters from our academy. 

Excellent post. As fans, patience isn't the strong suit.  Next year many more pieces will be there to complete the jigsaw. We will go from strength to strength. Despite the fantastic start to the season this is still just part of the transition.

letsalllaughathobos

No matter how much folk dislike Craig, 

He would be king of gorgie if he manages to win the Scottish, 

Just like we are nowhere near as good as people thought at the start of the campaign. We are nowhere near as bad as people think right now. We are not a million miles from a good side! Our best , or most dangerous player is still out. I agree it’s time to build towards next season and the cup final. Get right behind the whole club now

Maroon Sailor

Most of the time you don't care who the manager is as long Hearts win a trophy.

I care this time. Levein has served HMFC well and deserves a bit of glory

The Future's Maroon
56 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Pretty sure the manager has recently came out and admitted me need more creative players and that is his focus now, this season was about getting a strong backbone of the team, certainly looks that way with certain players signing new deals, with hopefully a couple more to come (Naisy/Haring and possibly Djoum).

Independence
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Would love it if Hearts win the Scottish Cup with Levein in charge.

This. No one has worked harder for Hearts and is one of the best players ever to wear a Hearts strip!!!

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Agree with the last sentence in particular and no-one will be more frustrated than Levein when it comes to recent results.

From now until the end of the season it serves no purpose to constantly criticse Levein. We need to be 100% behind the team and give them our full support. It doesn't mean we accept shite results but we should do what we do best and that is to rally behind the club and team. Of all the people at this club I think Levein deserves a cup win more than anyone given his long service as a player and manager.

36 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

29 minutes ago, Locky said:

Absolutely. Whether or not you think he's the right man for the job is trivial. End of the day he's a PHM, a great servant of our club, and sadly he hasn't had anything show for it.

I hope and pray that the great Mrs Budge and Mr Levein are enjoying a bottle of wine or 2 on the 25th May with the trophy between them. 

7 minutes ago, Independence said:

This. No one has worked harder for Hearts and is one of the best players ever to wear a Hearts strip!!!

Exellent posts and a breath of fresh air around here. Lets get behind our team, including management and get the cup back to Gorgie! 

:rudiyas:     :scenes: 

OmiyaHearts

I love Levein and I'd love him to lift the cup. My anger and/or frustrations are all based on what happens on the pitch. No issues with Craig and I'd love him to be a success, despite some reservations.

A bit of unity in the stands for the remaining home games could make all the difference. But again, it all depends on how the players perform during each game.

They're all playing for a place in the final now. Has to be a huge factor in their motivation.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I thought we were OK in the first half.

Are you saying it's utter nonsense that the fans should actually support the team in the matches prior to the cup final ?

Stop moaning and support the team ffs.

I do support the team, I was there yesterday and I have renewed season tickets for my son and I when they went on sale. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't be concerned and want to see changes though. In fact being a fan should mean that's a given. 

And the last time I booed was when we had to endure the imbecile Cathro! 

45 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Players get criticised when they're poor, that will never change. Younger players need given time though, look at how Mulraney has improved in the last couple of months. 

The issue is the poor quality of the coaching. Lack of a cohesive style of play, constant changes and no fluency in attacking transition. That will not change by bringing in more creative players, that can only change by bringing in coaches who know what they're doing and critically allow them to implement their ideas without interference. 

Reservations are for after the final.

If we'd lost yesterday CL would be getting absolutely slaughtered. We didn't and, for that, he deserves praise and backed to the hilt all the way to May 25. 

We all want Hearts to win the Cup and vociferous, unconditional support can only help.

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Do you seriously think we are not planning now for next season or do you just want a bloody good moan?  We have already signed Halkett and are trying to tie up.the contracts of current players like Naisy.

The football has not been great at times but did you recollect we had one or two lengthy injuries to key players, some of whom are now back but still not up to maximum fitness?  Or maybe you think losing key players should make little difference.

What precisely should we be doing now that we're not doing?

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, martoon said:

If we'd lost yesterday CL would be getting absolutely slaughtered. We didn't and, for that, he deserves praise and backed to the hilt all the way to May 25. 

We all want Hearts to win the Cup and vociferous, unconditional support can only help.

Correct. I’m sure every Hearts supporter wants us to win the cup regardless of their thoughts on individual players, directors or the coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Players get criticised when they're poor, that will never change. Younger players need given time though, look at how Mulraney has improved in the last couple of months. 

The issue is the poor quality of the coaching. Lack of a cohesive style of play, constant changes and no fluency in attacking transition. That will not change by bringing in more creative players, that can only change by bringing in coaches who know what they're doing and critically allow them to implement their ideas without interference. 

So how consistent and unchanged can team be when week after week another serious injury affects a player. We’ve spent the last close season building a style of play which suits our best players and the evidence is there to show in the first 9 games it worked. Trying to fit a different player into a system just about every couple of games, stops the consistency and forces the style to change to accommodate arguably inferior players who are not as capable or as well drilled to play that system. We still don’t have any like for like replacements for our missing players and in particular, when your system is designed to utilised fast, creative overlapping full backs(in theory). To lose all our full back one after the other results in playing players out of position to cover the injuries. This is usual in most teams but few if any have lost their top two central defenders and all their left full backs then both their best strikers in quick succession. Even now we still don’t have a full complement of first choice players available. It’s time for a bit of reality for some, to cope with the above how can you possibly coach and drill a team into consistent performances using less experienced players. Coaching isn’t a magic wand that turns any player into something he’s not. It doesn’t happen overnight and what coach can cope with a team losing more than 75% of their spine at once. It sounds like people are attacking the coaches using simplistic agenda driven points which are ignoring important facts.

Edited by Tatlock

I would love to see CL turn over a Celtic team with Lennon in charge it would be everything he deserves.

And then he chooses to step down and we get someone else in.

Levein might just be vital to us now.

He's got massive balls when it comes to dealing the above powers in Scottish football.

I want to see 2 weeks worth of referee pressure in the lead up to the final. Have them properly squirming. Because whoever gets the nod to ref this game will be going into it with the purpose of giving those ***** a treble treble. 

18 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

So how consistent and unchanged can team be when week after week another serious injury affects a player. We’ve spent the last close season building a style of play which suits our best players and the evidence is there to show in the first 9 games it worked. Trying to fit a different player into a system just about every couple of games, stops the consistency and forces the style to change to accommodate arguably inferior players who are not as capable or as well drilled to play that system. We still don’t have any like for like replacements for our missing players and in particular, when your system is designed to utilised fast, creative overlapping full backs(in theory). To lose all our full back one after the other results in playing players out of position to cover the injuries. This is usual in most teams but few if any have lost their top two central defenders and all their left full backs then both their best strikers in quick succession. Even now we still don’t have a full complement of first choice players available. It’s time for a bit of reality for some, to cope with the above how can you possibly coach and drill a team into consistent performances using less experienced players. Coaching isn’t a magic wand that turns any player into something he’s not. It doesn’t happen overnight and what coach can cope with a team losing more than 75% of their spine at once. It sounds like people are attacking the coaches using simplistic agenda driven points which are ignoring important facts.

Spot on.

Sexton Hardcastle
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

The best teams in the world can struggle for 45 minutes. Certainly in a semi final one off game it is always expected for the lesser team to make things hard and break up play. Not saying this is exactly what happened yesterday but quite sure it was part of Craig’s game plan.

A smashing victory but the Haters will never be satisfied. Would likely still bitch if we beat Celtic and played bad.

3 hours ago, lou said:

We had a great start to the the season and are now finishing it with a day at Hampden.  The football in the middle and latter part has been tedious and there has been a lack of passion and drive.

We need to forget this in the hope that we can be part of one of the our greatest ever leading us to glory, watching Levein lift a trophy as Hearts manager would be right up there with 1998 and 2012.

I genuinely think no right minded Hearts fan is a hater, just frustrated.

Totally.  Your last sentence is spot on for me.

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I would love to see CL turn over a Celtic team with Lennon in charge it would be everything he deserves.

And then he chooses to step down and we get someone else in.

This is without doubt the best outcome.  Levein wins the trophy and then announces his departure. He can go out on a high and we can start again with fresh ideas.  Basing our team around Uche who, despite giving his utmost in every game, still struggles to control the ball is no way to set up our team. CL deserves credit for taking advantage of one of the kindest Cup draws of all time but I'm sure that AB realises that finishing 5th or 6th behind Killie, 2 seasons running, is not acceptable for a club of our size.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Most of the time you don't care who the manager is as long Hearts win a trophy.

I care this time. Levein has served HMFC well and deserves a bit of glory

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Seeing levein lift the cup would mean as much as when we seen robbo lift it in 1998.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

all of the above

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I say for the last game of season Levein assigns special agents Malaury Martin & David Vanecek to absolutely kick **** out of every Celtic player in that entire lineup. 

Levein and the team have given us a cup final to look forward to, and this is Levein's chance to finally clinch silverware after all he's been through.

It has at times all clicked during the season and the players have looked brilliant, the problem is all those poor games particularly against the lower table sides. OK injuries were a big factor in that, and hopefully now, with things settling down, the wind will pick up in the sails again and we'll finish as we started.

I cannot wait for the final. This season has been bonkers really, who would've thunk it.

Edited by kila

CloustonHMFC

The Levein out chat, talk about changes and the bickering between our own needs left at the door until after the 25th May. Here on in, we need 100% unity if we’re to stand any chance of lifting the trophy over Celtic. 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

This is without doubt the best outcome.  Levein wins the trophy and then announces his departure. He can go out on a high and we can start again with fresh ideas.  Basing our team around Uche who, despite giving his utmost in every game, still struggles to control the ball is no way to set up our team. CL deserves credit for taking advantage of one of the kindest Cup draws of all time but I'm sure that AB realises that finishing 5th or 6th behind Killie, 2 seasons running, is not acceptable for a club of our size.

Not the best outcome . Best outcome is to win the cup , Craig Levein PHM stays on and wins more trophies.Pretty simple really

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Not the best outcome . Best outcome is to win the cup , Craig Levein PHM stays on and wins more trophies.Pretty simple really

The best outcome for the club, not to be conflated with the best outcome for CL, is to have a new manager.  A non "PHM" would be best

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am sure the way we started the second half yesterday with all guns blazing would win back a lot of doubters. I want Craig to win this cup for his commitment to the club and winning it would give the us the finances to up the quality in the side even more. If he wins it he should be given another season to see if he can get us more consistency in the league. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

rick witter
55 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you seriously think we are not planning now for next season or do you just want a bloody good moan?  We have already signed Halkett and are trying to tie up.the contracts of current players like Naisy.

The football has not been great at times but did you recollect we had one or two lengthy injuries to key players, some of whom are now back but still not up to maximum fitness?  Or maybe you think losing key players should make little difference.

What precisely should we be doing now that we're not doing?

Ah so the poor performances were down to injuries. But then the players we all available so it was down to them not being fit. But then they were fit but Naismith was injured. When does the time come when someone says that being in 6th place in this league is completely unacceptable!! That is down to both the players and more so the management team.