Jump to content
132goals1958

Hampdump

Recommended Posts

132goals1958

Delighted to be in the final but sitting in P4 row W the view in the furthest away part of the ground seems a ten penny bus run away . Where the SFA hope to raise finance to redevelop this white elephant is beyond me. Maybe sitting in the amphitheater that is Tynecastle brings home what a soulless place our National Stadium is. At least we saw all three goals at the end we were sitting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambos_1874

I understand why people have issues with Hampden given the shallow angle of the stands and the distance from the pitch. In an ideal world we would play at a better stadium but I will say that I actually like the day trip to Glasgow. The journey through makes it feel like a proper away day and the journey back (assuming we win) is brilliant, especially with the anticipation of watching the team bus come back to Gorgie. Good to try a few new bars as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
communist

Utter shambles trying to navigate round the 4ft wide "concourse" at the top of the North stand at half time. Horrible stadium but the result makes up for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j1964m

Hamdump has always been bad perfered the old place even low you needed a wash after the dust cloud after jumping up a d down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan

Was surprised how run down the toilets were. No working hand driers. Tired decor. The old main stand at Tynecastle was better.

The place needs a lot of work done to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookieboy

honestly  never had  a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
auldy19
9 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I understand why people have issues with Hampden given the shallow angle of the stands and the distance from the pitch. In an ideal world we would play at a better stadium but I will say that I actually like the day trip to Glasgow. The journey through makes it feel like a proper away day and the journey back (assuming we win) is brilliant, especially with the anticipation of watching the team bus come back to Gorgie. Good to try a few new bars as well.

 

Youve pretty much nailed it as to the experience of going to Hampden. 

 

When looking just at the stadium itself it’s a dump . I had my little girl sat on my knee the whole game because she couldn’t see anything when sat down . The seats and surrounding area of my section were covered in bird crap . But we won and none of it matters now . Good day out all round . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger

Thought Nanny Budge had built a Shit new stand at Tynecastle?

 

Or maybe some where mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TurboT
12 minutes ago, communist said:

Utter shambles trying to navigate round the 4ft wide "concourse" at the top of the North stand at half time. Horrible stadium but the result makes up for it. 

This for me

I waited until 10 mins into the half time break and it was still gridlocked with people trying to get up to the concourse and once I eventually got there you could barely move.

 

Fans expect better these days as we go to other grounds and see much better facilities than the sh!thole that is Hampden but the SFA will continue to stick their head in the stand as attendances at internationals expecially continue to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1953

From near the back of B5 I found it difficult to make out what was going on at the other end in the first half. I also thought that from a distance the strips clashed a bit, would have been better if one team had worn a light colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
Just now, cookieboy said:

honestly  never had  a problem

Obviously didn't need a piss at half time then.

The queues at half time were awful.

Didn't even get in to the toilet until the second half started and that was after going straight after the whistle for half time.

Still managed to catch our first goal though.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Was surprised how run down the toilets were. No working hand driers. Tired decor. The old main stand at Tynecastle was better.

The place needs a lot of work done to it.

 

Flattening the place would be a start. An utter shit hole of a place. 

 

A flea pit run by a tin pot organisation is not a good mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauld

I was in P1 and had a perfect view of the goals and generally speaking the whole game.

 

That said it really is a poor stadium for atmosphere and you're a mile from the pitch. 

 

Also the hot water broke at half time so they couldnt serve coffee. I was there after a full night shift. This was not a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Weathers

The view near the front of B5 was terrible (in the corner) and the toilets were rank. I moved further up for the 2nd half and it was better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

I love the place...always have, always will...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Of The Cat Cafe
Just now, JamboGraham said:

I love the place...always have, always will...

 

I think we could all learn to love it on May 25th...

 

If...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

Having to go downstairs to the bogs and then find them full of smokers because there is nowhere for them to go is a pain. With the area the stadium takes up something better could occupy the space! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamborich
42 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Was surprised how run down the toilets were. No working hand driers. Tired decor. The old main stand at Tynecastle was better.

The place needs a lot of work done to it.

Behave the old main stand was a shithole and it has been quite rightly replaced, ffs hampden is not perfect but how good is it to go there and win

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Behave the old main stand was a shithole and it has been quite rightly replaced, ffs hampden is not perfect but how good is it to go there and win

 

Yes it was a brilliant day out. But for a national stadium the place is an embarrassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PsychocAndy

Hate the place. Couldn't go for a smoke at half time, got my car moved and a parking ticket, and a agonizing walk to get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
40 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Having to go downstairs to the bogs and then find them full of smokers because there is nowhere for them to go is a pain. With the area the stadium takes up something better could occupy the space! 

Can’t adults go through 90 mins without the need to smoke too - disgusting behaviour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff the Mince
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Can’t adults go through 90 mins without the need to smoke too - disgusting behaviour 

Did you take some photos ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamborich
45 minutes ago, PsychocAndy said:

Hate the place. Couldn't go for a smoke at half time, got my car moved and a parking ticket, and a agonizing walk to get it. 

I don't smoke but interested to know where you go for a puff at tynecastle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

I was in C2, never had a problem. It’s not the best but certainly not as bad as folk make out either.

 

Needs redeveloping none the less. 

 

Obviously none one of us had to sit in the lower areas behind the goals as that’s where the main problems lie. I’ve been fortunate in my visits there that I’ve always had a good seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones

Just demo the place and be done with it.

 

Hate the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveyhmfc

It is a dump. End of. So many things wrong with it. Bette to build a purpose built stadium in somewhere like Stirling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

If it is to be a Hearts v Celtic final, wouldn't it be much more sensible to play it at Murrayfield.  Roughly 17,000 more spectators and a vastly superior stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Hearts_Runner

Quite the contrast to Murrayfield for the last semi, Hampden really is poor and we won as well!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If it is to be a Hearts v Celtic final, wouldn't it be much more sensible to play it at Murrayfield.  Roughly 17,000 more spectators and a vastly superior stadium.

It’s not really vastly superior in viewing terms. It’s better but still not as good as what our national stadium should be. It’s still a fair bit away from the pitch.

 

 It’s certainly got better facilities, transport, pubs, the area around the ground is spacious and there’s better food. 

 

I’d happily play the final at Ibrox or Murrayfield tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudeskaboyuk

Couldn't care less. if we  were Dens park or Easter road or wherever the atmosphere  would have been the same. 

job done we move on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambos_1874
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s not really vastly superior in viewing terms. It’s better but still not as good as what our national stadium should be. It’s still a fair bit away from the pitch.

 

 It’s certainly got better facilities, transport, pubs, the area around the ground is spacious and there’s better food. 

 

I’d happily play the final at Ibrox or Murrayfield tbh. 

 

Ibrox is in a shite area - far worse than Hampden. Although I haven't ever been to a pub round there I am reliably informed by Huns that I know that they are crap and few in number. Getting to/from Ibrox isn't easy using public transport and although I generally find a parking spot near the stadium, it takes absolutely ages to get away from there. Still, playing at Ibrox would let the UJ waving, flare throwing clowns in our support return to their spiritual home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bainy

It's an absolute hole of a stadium. Was on the corner in f2 a d could hardly see any of our goals. I loved the trip west bus was jumping there and back but the stadium is not fit for purpose.  Embarrassment that's it's our national stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psychedelicropcircle

Makes you realise just how great our place is atmospheric/ view wise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PsychocAndy
7 hours ago, jamborich said:

I don't smoke but interested to know where you go for a puff at tynecastle 

Out the back, in the spaces between the stands in the open. Or down the stairs at the Wheatfield by the gates.

It is a pain, literally, but you do it because your, I'm, an addict.  I can go months, even years., without a bevvy, but struggle without nicotine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, PsychocAndy said:

Out the back, in the spaces between the stands in the open. Or down the stairs at the Wheatfield by the gates.

It is a pain, literally, but you do it because your, I'm, an addict.  I can go months, even years., without a bevvy, but struggle without nicotine.

 

This genuinely pisses me off as i have pass through a thick wave of smoke to go see my old man at half time at the Weatfield. 

 

Not a major issue and i suppose people have the right to smoke just wish people would completely outside the stadium to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stotty

It's a rubbish stadium but love the day out. Can't wait for the final now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, jamborich said:

I don't smoke but interested to know where you go for a puff at tynecastle 

I don't smoke, but in the Main Stand & Gorgie stand people smoke, down stairs, next to the 1874 bar, at half time. Assume the Wheatfield has similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser

It'll probably take a meteorite strike before its rebuilt. 

It's an embarrassing football stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot

It's not so much the stadium but getting to it. Took me over 2hrs to get home yesterday and I stay through the west!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheStig

The rusty roof is an eye sore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Murrayfield is superior in every way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
red
Posted (edited)

It epitomises Scottish football chiefs that they chose  thIs absolute dump over Murrayfield.

Edited by red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboj

Agree it's a terrible stadium. What I really don't understand though, is what game it was built to host. 

 

It's too small for any final involving the old firm, Edinburgh clubs and probably Aberdeen. It's too big for games like yesterday (big club Vs medium/small club), or any game between mid ranking premiership clubs (say Killie Vs St Johnstone).

 

Similarly it's too big for most Scotland games, but when England come to play you could sell it out twice. With the other available grounds in Scotland, just what is the point of Hampden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nelly Terraces

Let's face it - every other aspect of Scottish football is chronically shite - so why should the 'National Stadium' be any different? 

 

It's the perfect physical totem to the game here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

Echo all the crap statements.

 

Bogs not helped by folk who must have a fag at half time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poseidon

The plans for redevelopment are quite good if you've heard them.

 

Lowering the pitch a fair bit and putting in steep stands in the gaps behind the goals. Also a massive saltire over the stadium (think Wembley arch)

 

Not sure how doable it is but sounds decent. We had no problems at all with queues yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

I was in the back row of the North, good view and quick exit. Due to past experience was happy to pay the tenner extra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambos_1874
7 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The plans for redevelopment are quite good if you've heard them.

 

Lowering the pitch a fair bit and putting in steep stands in the gaps behind the goals. Also a massive saltire over the stadium (think Wembley arch)

 

Not sure how doable it is but sounds decent. We had no problems at all with queues yesterday 

 

But will it have a Rangers end and a Celtic end? That's all that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, TheStig said:

The rusty roof is an eye sore

 

That was just Mcleish's head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Flattening the place would be a start. An utter shit hole of a place. 

 

A flea pit run by a tin pot organisation is not a good mix.

This. Totally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

    • Pans Jambo
      718
×
×
  • Create New...