Hampdump

132goals1958

It really is a disgrace of a national stadium and is one of the (many) reasons why our national team have struggled in recent teams IMO. The pies are very poor as well.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Darren

• Libertarian

• 132goals1958

Embarrassment of a national stadium. Lots of closed turnstiles, unhelpful and incompetent stewards took an age to get in. Toilets in awful nick. Hardly any pubs near the ground. Also awful local licensing laws so unsuitable for early kick offs. 

Still looking forward to the Final though!

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only good thing about my seat is that I am developing a nice tan. 

Likewise, a nice red Scottish tan. Glorious. :lol: 

chester copperpot
13 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Likewise, a nice red Scottish tan. Glorious. :lol: 

I am burnt to a crisp today. 

husref musemic

a bizarre place which brings out bizarre behaviours too. lots of unmanned turnstiles queues quickly forming. 

on the other side of the turnstiles my daughter tapped me on the shoulder to point out the utter tramp p issng on the back of the turnstile door in full view of all. right next to the toilets ffs! 

wee cramped space at the back of the stands and if you unfortunate to be behind the goals you need binoculars.

lots of songs at the back of B4 about 50p flutes - that place attracts them all. bizarre.

a fekin hopeless place run by morons.

Brilliant foresight to design the stadium in redevelopment all these years ago for an athletics event, the Commonwealth Games. 

Seeing games on TV I was quite surprised to be so far away from the pitch in the North Stand. Old North Enclosure which was my choice for Scotland games was a brilliant view.

But anyway it is what it is. Aside from general maintenance they shouldn't spend any money redeveloping it. Would cost too much to redesign stands close to pitch. 

upgotheheads

Hampden is probably the worst place in Scotland to watch a game of football unless your sitting high up in the south stand. It's a monument to the half-wits who have been running our game for the last 50 years.

Jambos_1874
53 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Hampden is probably the worst place in Scotland to watch a game of football unless your sitting high up in the south stand. It's a monument to the half-wits who have been running our game for the last 50 years.

Wrong, it's Rugby Park. Unless you're a child you'll have even less leg room than on a Ryanair flight and even higher chance of developing DVT. It's also in Kilmarnock.

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Wrong, it's Rugby Park. Unless you're a child you'll have even less leg room than on a Ryanair flight and even higher chance of developing DVT. It's also in Kilmarnock.

I know Rugby Park well having been there dozens of time since it was redeveloped. I agree about  the legroom  but at least you can see all of the pitch. 

The stadium pretty well has to be in Kilmarnock.

Usual mix of normal and lunatics stoatin around Hampden yesterday. Had a good screecher howling at moon blaming Levein for everything behind us. Shouting about Uche having big tits was a particular highlight.

The nut job that slapped the Police Horse on the arse also needs a mention. What a moron.

All in all these big days out are like watching a live Jeremy Kyle show.

I love it.

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Usual mix of normal and lunatics stoatin around Hampden yesterday. Had a good screecher howling at moon blaming Levein for everything behind us. Shouting about Uche having big tits was a particular highlight.

The nut job that slapped the Police Horse on the arse also needs a mention. What a moron.

I love it.

The final will be Jeremy Kyle greatest hits !

Wouldn’t change any of it !

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I love it.

Those 'unhappy' about everyone back at corners and free kicks was a highlight. 

Very run down the place looks as if it needs a good sweep

and the seats a good clean an embarrassment to Scottish football 

who signed this monstrosity of when at the planning stage for redevelopment 

50 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I love it.

Mouth breathers were out in force yesterday. Weren't hard to spot

Libertarian
12 hours ago, jamborich said:

I don't smoke but interested to know where you go for a puff at tynecastle 

I don't smoke either. At Tynecastle there's at least one designated place (there may be more) between the new main stand and the Gorgie stand. Smokers aren't criminals and deserve to be treated with respect and not forced to hide away, hunted by stewards who I believe were threatening to eject smokers from the stadium for simply having a fag. As for Hampden I would rather they just pulled the place down as it's not fit for purpose.

Libertarian
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Absolutely agree. The reason that Hampden was chosen over Murrayfield was because it is located in Glasgow, a city in terminal decline. A dump stadium in a dump city.

Libertarian
6 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Ibrox is in a shite area - far worse than Hampden. Although I haven't ever been to a pub round there I am reliably informed by Huns that I know that they are crap and few in number. Getting to/from Ibrox isn't easy using public transport and although I generally find a parking spot near the stadium, it takes absolutely ages to get away from there. Still, playing at Ibrox would let the UJ waving, flare throwing clowns in our support return to their spiritual home.

Ibrox is really easy to get to from Glasgow City Centre as there are a number of subway stations nearby. 

chester copperpot
12 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Absolutely agree. The reason that Hampden was chosen over Murrayfield was because it is located in Glasgow, a city in terminal decline. A dump stadium in a dump city.

Glasgow is not a dump. Hampden is however.

Jambos_1874
19 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

How is it in terminal decline?

Matthew Le Tissier

3 wheelchair accessible toilets for an entire section is a farce plus the stewards at the end wouldn’t kneel forcing the people in said section to miss the action.

PeterintheRain
17 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Was surprised how run down the toilets were. No working hand driers. Tired decor. The old main stand at Tynecastle was better.

The place needs a tactical nuclear strike.

FTFY.

It’s a dump and in the wrong place it’s awkward to get to no matter where your traveling from ,there’s people dying in hospital because of bird shit yet it seem it’s acceptable to force football fans to sit in it disgrace 

vintage1874

My major complaint with Hampden  is that Hearts don't get there often enough. I like going to Hampden,  enjoyed it yesterday no issues easy to park and drive back home

Edited by vintage1874

Libertarian
3 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

How is it in terminal decline?

I think that when look at the population of Glasgow you'll find that it's continuing to decline, while the population of Edinburgh, and of Scotland, is increasing. Population decline in Glasgow and the areas west of the city are a sign of economic poor health. Edinburgh is predicted to overtake Glasgow as the countries largest city in 2037, only 18 years from now.

Arthur Morgan

I was sitting right down at the front in the corner, row C. What a horrible view it was. I moved right up to the back for the 2nd half and it was much better, still a shit stadium for football though imo. Murrayfield is easily better. 

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, Dr Lager said:

Embarrassment of a national stadium. Lots of closed turnstiles, unhelpful and incompetent stewards took an age to get in. Toilets in awful nick. Hardly any pubs near the ground. Also awful local licensing laws so unsuitable for early kick offs. 

Still looking forward to the Final though!

West coast personnel, media, stewards, polis, cab drivers, catering vans etc... hate anything non weegie/non OF.  They don’t get why we don’t have creases in our jeans, nor can they comprehend why we don’t call fizzy juice ginger.  

10 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Ibrox is in a shite area - far worse than Hampden. Although I haven't ever been to a pub round there I am reliably informed by Huns that I know that they are crap and few in number. Getting to/from Ibrox isn't easy using public transport and although I generally find a parking spot near the stadium, it takes absolutely ages to get away from there. Still, playing at Ibrox would let the UJ waving, flare throwing clowns in our support return to their spiritual home.

The only way to respond to a comment like that is with an image...

FB_IMG_1495870969196.jpg

Was sitting in P1 South yesterday, reasonable view in comparison to the blocks behind the goal, nightmare for any kids that go if they're sitting behind an average sized supporter.

After half time I went down the wrong staircase and ended up sitting in block O beside Brian Rice, Gus McPherson and Lee McCulloch.

If only they refurbished Hampden and used Ibrox as their blueprint, enough land and air space to do so but unfortunately the SFA did not allow common sense to prevail. Said for years Ibrox is by far the best stadium in Scotland and definitely in the top 10 in Great Britain.

8 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Compared to Edinburgh, Glasgow is a dump. A handsome Victorian city torn apart by an inner city motorway. Surrounded by cleared areas which were never rebuilt. The new buildings facing the river on the approach to Central station are uniformly abysmal. Football is the only reason I've been to Glasgow since mid 90's, place is definitely a dump.

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, stan said:

Compared to Edinburgh, Glasgow is a dump. A handsome Victorian city torn apart by an inner city motorway. Surrounded by cleared areas which were never rebuilt. The new buildings facing the river on the approach to Central station are uniformly abysmal. Football is the only reason I've been to Glasgow since mid 90's, place is definitely a dump.

In your opinion

Just now, chester copperpot said:

In your opinion

Sure. But it was a city torn apart post war and what replaced it was woeful. 

Having said that, I quite like Hampden, especially now we've got some decent memories of winning big games there.

Got to be at least half way up the stand before you get a decent view though. I was in F and thought the first two might have been headers! 

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, stan said:

Sure. But it was a city torn apart post war and what replaced it was woeful. 

Having said that, I quite like Hampden, especially now we've got some decent memories of winning big games there.

Got to be at least half way up the stand before you get a decent view though. I was in F and thought the first two might have been headers! 

Was in the 2nd row in F and the view was shite, plus I got sunburnt ???

Hampden should be destroyed and rebuilt as Tynecastle for Scotland. Everyone loves our ground. Everyone loves being able to watch the game from a great angle no matter where they sit. Players love it. We’d have. Brilliant stadium if they did that. They will not.

2nd row for the 2005 semi in south stand... players on the far side can only be seen from the knees up! I upgraded myself to something padded and higher up for the highlight that was Chesney's goal that day ?

adethejambo
15 hours ago, Bainy said:

It's an absolute hole of a stadium. Was on the corner in f2 a d could hardly see any of our goals. I loved the trip west bus was jumping there and back but the stadium is not fit for purpose.  Embarrassment that's it's our national stadium 

Biggest problem for some was that in F2, uniquely amongst all the blocks, supporters from about row M insisted on standing for the entire game. Not a problem for me but it was for the very many children (or others below average height) in that area. I understand the appeal to some of a standing section but it was disappointing that fans decided to create their own with no thought or consideration for the families sitting behind them. That was not the fault of Hampden.

Blackford Hearts
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Those 'unhappy' about everyone back at corners and free kicks was a highlight. 

Were you in D1 by any chance? 

August Landmesser

If money was no object, demolish it, rebuild as a 60k stadium with two tiers, 30k in each tier. Then you can close the upper tier for smaller crowds, making it look and sound better than Saturday.

23 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

It's not so much the stadium but getting to it. Took me over 2hrs to get home yesterday and I stay through the west!

I enjoyed it. Early enough to walk there in sunshine from Queen Street, stayed at the end until the team headed for the tunnel, and still back at Waverley by 4.

I also had the unbelievable experience of going to the gents at the North Stand, which had a dry floor and even hot water. The way into the old North Enclosure used to involve wading through a foot bath of ex-beer to make sure that the terracing cinder dust would stick to your shoes (and worse, if you wore flairs).

But the sightlines are abysmal and unfixable.

Diadora Van Basten

They need to redevelop it to make it steeper and not as far away from the pitch. 

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

upgotheheads

If we don't redevelop Hampden, then maybe we could use Murrayfield for games that would attract 70K  fans, and mollify the arsecheeks  by letting them have the games which would  attract 50K or less. That would mean any game involving one or both arsecheeks having to be staged at Murrayfield of course, but so what, it's probably no bad thing that they should be introduced to civilisation every so often. 

That's not to say that Murrayfield is an ideal stadium, it's not, but it is bigger and better than Hampden.

Radio Ga Ga
5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

They need to redevelop it to make it steeper and not as far away from the pitch. Bayern Munich did it when they rebuilt the olympic stadium into the Allianz arena.

I don't think the Olympic Stadium has been rebuilt, the Allianz was a completely new development

Diadora Van Basten
9 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I don't think the Olympic Stadium has been rebuilt, the Allianz was a completely new development

You got in there fast before I got a chance to check my facts and edit my post :thumb:

Libertarian
21 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I was brought up in Glasgow and probably know the city much better than I know Edinburgh. And you are correct Glasgow is not a dump, there are nice areas like there are in other cities. However the city itself is in decline and it's a shame to see this. However why the SFA didn't just let Hampden go shows how incompetent they are, as it will take millions of £ to rebuild money that is not there. They could easily have utilised Ibrox, Parkhead and Murrayfield for big games.

Went straight down to get some food at half time, having not yet eaten. Was in the queue for 20 minutes (missing the first goal). The girl took my money, disappeared for 5 minutes, then realised they'd run out of burgers. Got the last two pies instead, then had to prompt her to give me a partial refund for the burgers, which she did not know how to do. The stadium was less than half full and yet somehow they were still completely unprepared; it's unbelievable. 

4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

If money was no object, demolish it, rebuild as a 60k stadium with two tiers, 30k in each tier. Then you can close the upper tier for smaller crowds, making it look and sound better than Saturday.

This. In an ideal world... 

• 1 month later...
132goals1958

Ian Maxwell has today confirmed they have the money to buy Hampden ( aided by Haughey and Hunter). Asked about redevelopment he was less than forthcoming other than to say we will need support. Now there is a surprise so it looks as if we are stuck with this white elephant.

7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Ian Maxwell has today confirmed they have the money to buy Hampden ( aided by Haughey and Hunter). Asked about redevelopment he was less than forthcoming other than to say we will need support. Now there is a surprise so it looks as if we are stuck with this white elephant.

So does that mean Queens Park have agreed a price? Amazing how long this has gone on for.

132goals1958
1 minute ago, kila said:

So does that mean Queens Park have agreed a price? Amazing how long this has gone on for.

£5 million pounds

stranraer-jambo
53 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

£5 million pounds

With £19m liabilities.