Smoke bombs

Thomaso

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What makes you think I’m not? 

Are you?

Yes, I’m a Hearts supporter...and I find anyone that throws smoke bombs/flares etc onto the pitch a complete and utter moron.

The club has asked for it to stop, its in the stadium rules for being permitted to attend games...therefore anyone doing it is in direct opposition to the views of the club the proclaim to support/love.

That says to me...they don’t actually have the clubs best interests at heart, and are more interested in trying to follow a perceived lifestyle (after watching Green Street, I.D. And The Football Factory one too many times.)

Edited by Deviskan

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Thomaso

• Governor Tarkin

• Deviskan

Terracing always.
8 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Nookie Bear, Governor Tarkin...Terracing always, are you Heart of Midlothian FC Supporters?

if so, I’ll assume you will ‘support’ the official standpoint of the club you claim to support?

Or are you saying you would rather do something that’s the polar opposite to the clubs official view, and indeed...causes harm to the club (you know, the club you claim to support)?

Oh I'm a proper hearts fan mate, jus have a different viewpoint to you. 

Is that so difficult to understand?? 

4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh I think you are...no question...read my other post though.

If you’re Hearts supporters, why would you support something that is in direct opposition to the clubs view?

We don't need to always follow the party line. We're allowed to have our own ideas even when the club disagrees 

Just now, stan said:

We don't need to always follow the party line. We're allowed to have our own ideas even when the club disagrees 

Then don’t get access to the Clubs Stadium do you...simple.

Have fun chucking smoke bombs around the local park.

3 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

Oh I'm a proper hearts fan mate, jus have a different viewpoint to you. 

Is that so difficult to understand?? 

Nope, completely understandable...

However, the club owns the stadium...the club have it within their rules to be allowed to enter their stadium...and the club have asked for it to stop.

Therefore, anyone that continues to do it cannot have the clubs best interests at heart...and will be banned from attending games.

That’s also not exactly hard to understand as well.

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Then don’t get access to the Clubs Stadium do you...simple.

Have fun chucking smoke bombs around the local park.

What about all the fans that go round the back of the stand to smoke and vape at half time and are constantly chased by the stewards?

they are going against the clubs stance and viewpoint. 

Do they all get banned also or told not to come back by you?

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

What about all the fans that go round the back of the stand to smoke and vape at half time and are constantly chased by the stewards?

they are going against the clubs stance and viewpoint. 

Do they all get banned also or told not to come back by you?

When have I told anyone not to come back?

The club have made their feelings absolutely crystal clear...smoke bombs are not allowed within the stadium.

And just to confirm, you’re comparing someone smoking or vaping behind the stand, to a complete and utter halfwit launching a smoke bomb onto the pitch?

That...is laughable!

Governor Tarkin

Nookie Bear, Governor Tarkin...Terracing always, are you Heart of Midlothian FC Supporters?

if so, I’ll assume you will ‘support’ the official standpoint of the club you claim to support?

Or are you saying you would rather do something that’s the polar opposite to the clubs official view, and indeed...causes harm to the club (you know, the club you claim to support)?

Oh, this is an easy one.

The whole 'club this' and 'club that' stuff washes by me.

For whatever reason some folk hated Mercer. Did they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Mercer's tenure, or did they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

For whatever reason some folk hated Robinson. Did they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Robinson's tenure, or did they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

For whatever reason some folk hated Vlad. Did they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Vlad's tenure, or did they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

For whatever reason some folk hate Budge. Do they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Budge's tenure, or do they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

My point is, Anne Budge and Craig Levein are not 'the club'. They are transient, their 'official view' is transient, and when they go they will take their particular iteration of what 'the club' is with them - like all of the rest before them and all the rest to come.

Through the tireless work and generosity of a multitude of ordinary fans the team will still be here, I'll still be here, you'll still be here, and the majority of those young miscreants will still be here.

So who really is Heart of Midlothian?

It's right to be thankful for the part that Budge has played in our continued existence, but sycophancy is for sycophants. We are part of something much bigger than those that hold the title of 'the club' at any given time.

I'll let you draw your own conclusion as to whom I support.

Has there ever been a thread on JKB that hasn’t erupted into fans arguing with each other after 5 or 6 replies? Asking for a friend.......

Oh, and we did win yesterday right?

Be happy troops ??❤️??

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

When have I told anyone not to come back?

The club have made their feelings absolutely crystal clear...smoke bombs are not allowed within the stadium.

And just to confirm, you’re comparing someone smoking or vaping behind the stand, to a complete and utter halfwit launching a smoke bomb onto the pitch?

That...is laughable!

No what’s laughable is you saying if you go against the clubs stance and viewpoint then you should be banned but on the other hand if you go against the clubs stand and virewpoint about something else they are against happening within the stadium it’s ok.

what a load of shite you have posted 

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh I think you are...no question...read my other post though.

If you’re Hearts supporters, why would you support something that is in direct opposition to the clubs view?

I don’t condone it. I’m just not freaking out when it happens:thumb:

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Oh, this is an easy one.

For whatever reason some folk hated Mercer. Did they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Mercer's tenure, or did they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

For whatever reason some folk hated Robinson. Did they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Robinson's tenure, or did they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

For whatever reason some folk hated Vlad. Did they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Vlad's tenure, or did they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

For whatever reason some folk hate Budge. Do they continue to go along week in week out to support 'the Club' as defined by Budge's tenure, or do they go along to have a jolly with their mates and support the team?

My point is, Anne Budge and Craig Levein are not 'the club'. They are transient, their 'official view' is transient, and when they go they will take their particular iteration of what 'the club' is with them - like all of the rest before them and all the rest to come.

Through the tireless work and generosity of a multitude of ordinary fans the team will still be here, I'll still be here, you'll still be here, and the majority of those young miscreants will still be here.

It's right to be thankful for the part that Budge has played in our continued existence, but sycophancy is for sycophants. We are part of something much bigger than those that hold the title of 'the club' at any given time.

When did I mention Budge, Levein, Vlad, Robinson etc...those are individuals and are not the club.

It’s within the club rules, that smoke bombs are not permissible within the confines of the stadium...so anyone ‘supporting’ their use does not have the best interests of HMFC at heart, it really is that simple.

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No what’s laughable is you saying if you go against the clubs stance and viewpoint then you should be banned but on the other hand if you go against the clubs stand and virewpoint about something else they are against happening within the stadium it’s ok.

what a load of shite you have posted 

Can you please show me where I’ve said smoking or vaping in the stadium is ok/allowed?

Otherwise, hop onto your tricycle and get backpedaling...

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t condone it. I’m just not freaking out when it happens:thumb:

You previously mentioned your young son on the thread, I have a young son myself...would you be happy once your lad has grown up, if he was throwing smoke bombs onto the pitch whilst attending games?

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Can you please show me where I’ve said smoking or vaping in the stadium is ok/allowed?

Otherwise, hop onto your tricycle and get backpedaling...

You haven’t and please show me where I posted you did and use a quote please.

you did however state that people who go against the clubs viewpoint and stance clearly don’t have the best interests of the club at heart and should be banned or not come back.

now is smoking within the stadium and vaping against the clubs viewpoint and stance or not?

sinple question really 

a yes or no will suffice 

Governor Tarkin

When did I mention Budge, Levein, Vlad, Robinson etc...those are individuals and are not the club.

It’s within the club rules, that smoke bombs are not permissible within the confines of the stadium...so anyone ‘supporting’ their use does not have the best interests of HMFC at heart, it really is that simple.

Well, there's missing the point and there's missing the point.

*sigh*

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Oh, this is an easy one.

Yip, Gov.

Nailed it.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You previously mentioned your young son on the thread, I have a young son myself...would you be happy once your lad has grown up, if he was throwing smoke bombs onto the pitch whilst attending games?

My son is six months and under careful instruction he's already adept at launching his teething ring at his mum.

The boy has a bright future as a Tynecastle ne'er-do-well.

:pleasing:

You haven’t and please show me where I posted you did and use a quote please.

you did however state that people who go against the clubs viewpoint and stance clearly don’t have the best interests of the club at heart and should be banned or not come back.

now is smoking within the stadium and vaping against the clubs viewpoint and stance or not?

sinple question really 

a yes or no will suffice 

You said I noted that if you go against the clubs view or standpoint on another thing it’s

ok...can you show me a direct quote where I’ve said that please?

I never brought up smoking/vaping...you did.

I never said smoking/vaping was ok/permissible.

What I did say, was that comparing smoking and vaping to chucking smoke bombs onto the pitch was laughable.

Like I said...get backpedaling.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Well, there's missing the point and there's missing the point.

*sigh*

Oh I completely understood you’re point...although I cannot understand why you have aligned the current chairman to rules of ‘the club’?

The club is not a single person...the club rules are not the rules of a single person/single viewpoint.

Can you please tell everyone of a time when the club allowed the use of smoke bombs?

davemclaren

Isn’t the crux of the matter that it’s illegal to let them off in a crowded place so the club couldn’t allow them, even if they wanted to? ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Isn’t the crux of the matter that it’s illegal to let them off in a crowded place so the club couldn’t allow them, even if they wanted to? ??‍♂️

Indeed..it’s not a single persons view, it’s the law.

Edited by Deviskan

You said I noted that if you go against the clubs view or standpoint on another thing it’s

ok...can you show me a direct quote where I’ve said that please?

I never brought up smoking/vaping...you did.

I never said smoking/vaping was ok/permissible.

What I did say, was that comparing smoking and vaping to chucking smoke bombs onto the pitch was laughable.

Like I said...get backpedaling.

Where have I said they’re comparable?

the point I’m making that you’re failing to grasp is that both are against the stance and viewpoint of the club which you feel going against should result in bans.

do you smoke btw?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You could be right Dave, but fireworks are regularly used in stadia around the world so will be ways around it.

The other crux of the matter is that if the young team were allowed smokebombs in some sort of controlled fashion then they'd soon lose interest and move on to something more naughty.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Where have I said they’re comparable?

the point I’m making that you’re failing to grasp is that both are against the stance and viewpoint of the club which you feel going against should result in bans.

do you smoke btw?

Nope, never have.

Your posting reeks of whataboutery...and as such, I can’t be arsed responding again.

‘’People that chuck smoke bombs should be banned...but, but, but what about the vapers and smokers behind the stand too!!!’’ Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Nope, never have.

Your posting reeks of whataboutery...and as such, I can’t be arsed responding again.

‘’People that chuck smoke bombs should be banned...but, but, but what about the vapers and smokers behind the stand too!!!’’ Jesus.

Yeh when you’ve lost any argument it’s best to walk away.

see ya wee man 

Edited by 1874robbo

Smoke bombs - these are banned (not Ann Budge’s rule for all we know she might like them but it’s illegal to let them off in a public place so the club need to take a stand) - it seems to be the clubs fault, trying to ruin the atmosphere 

Same with the drum and singing - it does create an atmosphere and gets people joining in but as soon as they start with the pish then everyone stops and yesterday there was booing and the  majority are then annoyed and you lose it and people stop joining in. C’mon, just sing the songs we can all join in - seen some brilliant songs along the concourse at Wheatfield etc - all this ‘turning into a library’ ‘not allowed to make a noise’ is crap - a lot of the silence is brought on by the song choices - cut it out and you will get everyone behind you - at the moment it’s causing a divide 

we can make Tynecastle a fortress again - then the club can start turning it onto the away supporters - at the moment we don’t have that upper hand 

HHGH ??

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Can you please tell everyone of a time when the club allowed the use of smoke bombs?

Ah, I get it.

You asked me who I supported and I gave you a black and white answer couched in a wider context.

You can't get your head around that answer so now you're asking me a different question and pretending it's the same as the first.

A solid tactic mate. A career at the bar surely awaits.

StirlingJambo

The way folk are going on is like a real bomb went of! Bit of maroon smoke for 10 seconds no big deal. It’s harmless

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ah, I get it.

You asked me who I supported and I gave you a black and white answer couched in a wider context.

You can't get your head around that answer so now you're asking me a different question and pretending it's the same as the first.

He lost his argument a while ago and is just regurgitating the same bs all the time.

hence the reason he’s scuttled off back in his box 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ah, I get it.

Thats not exactly what you did though is it...you posted a lengthy diatribe about people still supporting the club irrespective of who the chairperson at the time was.

Did I ask if you supported Ann Budge...or did I ask if you supported the club?

You linked the rules of the club to whoever the chairperson was at the time...not me.

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He lost his argument a while ago and is just regurgitating the same bs all the time.

hence the reason he’s scuttled off back in his box 

You’re laughable...’wee man’!

Literally laughable, with the arguement of a pre-pubescent child...probably why you’re condoning the use of smoke bombs.

Vaping and Smoking the same as chucking smoke bombs onto the pitch during a game...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Aye, maybe if the vaper was running around the pitch vaping in the players faces...what a complete and utter halfwit.

Edited by Deviskan

8 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

The way folk are going on is like a real bomb went of! Bit of maroon smoke for 10 seconds no big deal. It’s harmless

Pink smoke...

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Deviskan said:

Thats not exactly what you did though is it...you posted a lengthy diatribe about people still supporting the club irrespective of who the chairperson at the time was.

Did I ask if you supported Ann Budge...or did I ask if you supported the club?

You linked the rules of the club to whoever the chairperson was at the time...not me.

A. You don't know what a diatribe is.

B. & C. You clearly didn't get to grips with the points in my post depite your protestation otherwise.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Not if you’ve got asthma or other respiratory issues - bloody killjoys. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A. You don't know what a diatribe is.

B. & C. You clearly didn't get to grips with the points in my post depite your protestation otherwise.

I particularly like the fact you have bodyswerved answering anything a few times now...congratulations, a career in politics awaits (probably fairly to the right if previous posts are anything to go by huh?).

6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You’re laughable...’wee man’!

Literally laughable, with the arguement of a pre-pubescent child...probably why you’re condoning the use of smoke bombs.

Vaping and Smoking the same as chucking smoke bombs onto the pitch during a game...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Aye, maybe if the vaper was running around the pitch vaping in the players faces...what a complete and utter halfwit.

Thought you were away?

see ya 

Thought you were away?

see ya 

Yup, you’re clearly a teenager...or perhaps one of the intellectually challenged groomers than hang around with them.

Toodleooo!

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not if you’ve got asthma or other respiratory issues - bloody killjoys. 

This is the thing, Dave. Bigotry and racism excepted, I like a pyrotechnic or two and I like a bit of naughtiness at the football. I also understand the concerns of those with health issues and young children.

All of the above appear to be accomodated on the continent without too much difficulty so why can't we have a go at coming to an arrangement here?

I guess it's just easier and en vogue to be outraged.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin

I particularly like the fact you have bodyswerved answering anything a few times now...congratulations, a career in politics awaits (probably fairly to the right if previous posts are anything to go by huh?).

A. I'm not going to spell it out for you.

B. Correct mate. Goose-stepping Nazi.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Yup, you’re clearly a teenager...or perhaps one of the intellectually challenged groomers than hang around with them.

Toodleooo!

Hahahahahahaha

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This is the thing, Dave. Bigotry and racism excepted, I like a pyrotechnic or two and I like a bit of naughtiness at the football. I also understand the concerns of those with health issues and young children.

All of the above appear to be accomodated on the continent without too much difficulty so why can't we have a go at coming to an arrangement here?

I guess it's just easier and en vogue to be outraged.

Personally I’m not outraged but I think it’s pretty selfish. I also think damaging the pitch and/or holding up the play for a bit of ‘fun’ is pretty stupid as well. I have no idea what rules and stuff around these things are in other countries where they seem much more common. 

Sectarian songs- I just can’t get my head around it, however just banning these people for me doesn’t work, it’s about education, ban them at first and if they want to return to support the club send them on educational programs, we talk about wanting to stamp it out but it’s a social thing so let’s try and get to the root and solve that rather than cutting off the dead leafs every now and again 

smoke bombs- against the law so regardless if you like them or not, they shouldn’t be allowed.  I don’t get the hole it creates atmosphere nonsense, never have a seen a smoke bomb go off and think ohh I need to start singing! Maybe the club could do more to set something off when we score but again there’s probably some law not allowing it, mind you we had fireworks Phil under Vlad 

12 hours ago, Terracing always. said:

Fair enough, I like thousands of others aren't offended or bothered by the lads. Just flabbergasted by the venomous hatred driven towards them by our own fans. 

I don't condone the sectarianism but it honestly doesn't bother me, the flares I think bring something different to our unfortunately bland support, the racism for me is undefendable and anyone doing that should be banned, fined, jailed and given a slap by anyone near them. 

Just my personal opinion and I know we all have varied opinions. If we get celtic in the final then maybe some of our easily offended should stay away. 

Agree with this.  Since the SFA/authorities have spent decades not doing anything to challenge sectarianism or bigotry I don’t think I’m going to start getting myself all worked up every time I hear it in a football ground, it’s completely expected.  

Its frustrating as **** when fans let themselves down but it was no more than an after thought for me yesterday.   These fans are here until Scottish football or the government do something to tackle it society wide so not sure why people are acting furious at this happening as if the same behaviour hasn’t been happening at pretty much every game.  I think it’s fairly clear by now that hearts have a problem that’s not reflective of the support as a whole but until we start looking to tackle this in a different way to the last however many years nothing is ever going to change and these guys will continue to go to the game singing whatever they want without any fear of being punished for it.  

As for talks of hearts being hit with fines, they might be but would like to see if the fines are consistent with other clubs as id put my house on there being pyro and a full republican song book special on show today.  

Smoke bombs: They look shit and hold up the very thing I have paid good money to see. 

They are not "doing something different" they are a load of arseholes trying to do the SAME as every other clubs arseholes. The twirly was something different, something original that only Hearts fans seemed to do. 

Come up with "something different" rather than following on like sheep I could maybe get behind it.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, davemclaren said:

Personally I’m not outraged but I think it’s pretty selfish. I also think damaging the pitch and/or holding up the play for a bit of ‘fun’ is pretty stupid as well. I have no idea what rules and stuff around these things are in other countries where they seem much more common. 

Ah, didn't mean to imply that you specifically were outraged. ?

I'm with you on the damaging the pitch bit, but this particular manifestation of youthful rebellion is just another stick to lash out at the young lot with.

It's fair enough to say that the club attempted to engage with the young team and give them their own section and they made an arse of it for themselves, but you have to ask on whose terms this engagement took place? Everybody knows that a body of young men are going to push the rules as far as they can, so effective rules have to be designed in order to accomodate this.

This issue is not exclusive to Hearts, and If clubs feel that they have relaxed things as far as they can within the confines set by the governing bodies and Police Scotland, then clubs need to collectively negotiate with these parties in order to outline potential solutions and move things forward constructively.

I don't think it's enough to just point the finger and shout "Nut, these are the rules, you're no daein that", and hand out bans all over the shop. Young men on civvy street don't repond well to top-down blanket authority, but the grown-ups don't fancy relinquishing any authority, do they?

If this can be managed effectively abroad then the only barrier to managing it effectively here is the willingness to do so.

Bazzas right boot

Should have a a section for

Racist / sectererian singing. 

Union Jack / ni flags. 

Flares 

Smoke bombs

Start it for next season. 

Problem solved.