Smoke bombs

Thomaso

8 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

The Yoonion flag at a SCOTTISH football match  is a symbol of Orangeness, Hatred of Scotland and all round neo-fascism.  That's just the way it is.

The Bouncey Bouncy is owned by the glasgow scum and refers to their beloved Billy Fullarton and his inheritors stamping on Fenian skulls.  

HTH.

You have it bad mate.

Hatred of Scotland?

Deary me.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Thomaso

• Governor Tarkin

• Deviskan

Alex Kintner
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: Police look at Anfield flare incident https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47937397

Poor lad. Hope he’s ok and it hasn’t put him off going to football matches. *

*That’s if this even a true story. After all we’ve been assured pyro is totally safe...

On 13/04/2019 at 20:42, Back to 2005 said:

They last about 20 seconds and are harmless. 

On 13/04/2019 at 21:35, LewisR5-1 said:

RIP all the Hearts fans who died as a result of the smoke bombs today. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased ?❤️

On 13/04/2019 at 23:01, munro9 said:

Smoke bombs, as long as they don’t damage our pitch, no problem!

On 14/04/2019 at 00:36, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

More smoke bombs the merrier 

On 14/04/2019 at 00:37, Nelly Terraces said:

Hearts in a cup final - but 'aw naw theres a wee bit smoke - it's the end of the world I tell ye!!' :laugh2:

What a bunch of fecking greeting faced melts some folk are. Who gives a fecking shit! 

On 14/04/2019 at 08:10, TheStig said:

As for smoke bomb i don't see the problem, they weren't thrown and it looked controlled. People going on about breathing, well i guess these people also raised issues with the club whenever we've have fire works on the pitch? We've done that a fair few times in my time watching hearts, sparta Prague being one that stands out the most! Seriously was any one concerned then and took it up with the club? 

On 14/04/2019 at 08:29, stan said:

Why would kids be scared stiff of smoke? Bonfire night must traumatise millions nationwide on that logic. I accept they're not allowed, but I've never known anyone to be scared by them.

On 14/04/2019 at 08:39, 1874robbo said:

as for the smoke bombs? I have no issue with them or the lads trying to generate some kind of an atmosphere at our games.

On 14/04/2019 at 09:39, Nookie Bear said:

Whenever I see a smoke bomb at a game where I have my young son, I find it helps just to be relaxed and quietly explain it’s just like he smoke you get at the pantomime. 

On 14/04/2019 at 11:03, StirlingJambo said:

The way folk are going on is like a real bomb went of! Bit of maroon smoke for 10 seconds no big deal. It’s harmless

On 14/04/2019 at 12:59, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Looking forward to more pyros and smoke bombs at the final. 

On 14/04/2019 at 13:54, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

And there isn’t an issue with smoke bombs as long as they aren’t thrown on the pitch. 

On 14/04/2019 at 14:38, stan said:

Serious question though, has anyone suffered harm at Tynecastle from the smoke bombs we've seen there recently? They don't smell that different from vaping smoke and my assumption is that as it disperses very quickly the potential health hazard is possibly overplayed. 

?

24 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Poor lad. Hope he’s ok and it hasn’t put him off going to football matches. *

*That’s if this even a true story. After all we’ve been assured pyro is totally safe...

?

Poor lad, so he got a fright not actually hurt by the flare I see.

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So he’s not been seriously maimed. No harm done then so let’s all carry on then eh? ?

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:cornette:

6 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

So he’s not been seriously maimed. No harm done then so let’s all carry on then eh? ?

:indeed:

If used in a controlled manner I don't mind them. Look at european grounds and the displays they have every game without any incidents.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

If used in a controlled manner I don't mind them. Look at european grounds and the displays they have every game without any incidents.

Such as? Pretty sure they are banned under UEFA rules and Bayern Munich have just been hit with a £50,000 fine for their fans using pyro.

The White Cockade
2 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

the difference is our morons aren't taking them to improve the spectacle/the atmosphere

they are taking them because they know it's not allowed and are "rebelling" against the Budge Regime and trying

to look hard

it's all part of the racist/sectarian guff that they are starting to start up again at Tynecastle

chucking smoke bombs on the pitch that damage the pitch and get "their" club in trouble a good thing

really?

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Exactly.

Wait until someone gets injured then do something about it.

Alex Kintner

UEFA warned it is 'impossible' to use pyrotechnics safely in a stadium with independent study urging crackdown

An independent report has stressed it is impossible to use pyrotechnics safely within spectator areas at football grounds and only properly equipped and trained staff should ever try to deal with them.

Commissioned by Football Supporters Europe and UEFA, the 72-page report has been prepared by Cambridgeshire-based 'explosives consultant' Dr Tom Smith and several leading experts from around the continent.

The report lists the various pyrotechnics brought into grounds by fans - everything from bangers to Roman candles - and identifies the serious risks they pose, which include severe burns, acute toxic effects, impact injuries and causing panic.

As Dr Smith concludes: 'There are significant health and safety risks arising from their use in close proximity to other people and in contravention of the safety distances which are specified on the pyrotechnic articles themselves.

'All pyrotechnic devices have a "safety" distance for good reason and which will exceed the available space within a crowded stand or stadium. It is not safe, therefore, for any pyrotechnic device to be used in spectator areas within football stadia.'

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

UEFA warned it is 'impossible' to use pyrotechnics safely in a stadium with independent study urging crackdown

An independent report has stressed it is impossible to use pyrotechnics safely within spectator areas at football grounds and only properly equipped and trained staff should ever try to deal with them.

Commissioned by Football Supporters Europe and UEFA, the 72-page report has been prepared by Cambridgeshire-based 'explosives consultant' Dr Tom Smith and several leading experts from around the continent.

The report lists the various pyrotechnics brought into grounds by fans - everything from bangers to Roman candles - and identifies the serious risks they pose, which include severe burns, acute toxic effects, impact injuries and causing panic.

As Dr Smith concludes: 'There are significant health and safety risks arising from their use in close proximity to other people and in contravention of the safety distances which are specified on the pyrotechnic articles themselves.

'All pyrotechnic devices have a "safety" distance for good reason and which will exceed the available space within a crowded stand or stadium. It is not safe, therefore, for any pyrotechnic device to be used in spectator areas within football stadia.'

Close thread, spot on Frank.

On 13/04/2019 at 20:41, The Natural Order said:

Prison Wallet?

? 

DEFINITION (noun)

The anus and/or rectum, particularly when contraband is hidden there in the context of a jail or a prison.

‘I stowed a smoke bomb & flare in my aufie LARGE Prison Wallet before going to the Hearts game’ - the wee numpty said! ??

37 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Close thread, spot on Frank.

Absolutely correct..............until Saturday when the Orange mob come to town and start it all over again.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Such as? Pretty sure they are banned under UEFA rules and Bayern Munich have just been hit with a £50,000 fine for their fans using pyro.

If you go to just about any game in Poland, Holland, Greece etc you will see dozens used every game almost weekly without any harm. Hence why I said a controlled manner to make a good display. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, UcheGang said:

If you go to just about any game in Poland, Holland, Greece etc you will see dozens used every game almost weekly without any harm. Hence why I said a controlled manner to make a good display. 

How do you know what harm there is or isn’t due to them?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Ach what does an explosive consultant know compared to folk on here. He's probably a friend of Budge. 

Bazzas right boot

Are folk serious saying that pyrotechnics are safe to be flung about in a football stadium and that they do no harm? 

I think maybe some folk have had a smoke bomb or flare dropped on their head tbh. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

davemclaren
1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Ach what does an explosive consultant know compared to folk on here. He's probably a friend of Budge. 

Indeed, just out to ruin the atmosphere. 

The rat catcher
On 14/04/2019 at 12:36, PeterintheRain said:

The Yoonion flag at a SCOTTISH football match  is a symbol of Orangeness, Hatred of Scotland and all round neo-fascism.  That's just the way it is.

The Bouncey Bouncy is owned by the glasgow scum and refers to their beloved Billy Fullarton and his inheritors stamping on Fenian skulls.  

HTH.

Yoonian Flag -  Points and laughs.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How do you know what harm there is or isn’t due to them?

From personal experience and the fact they are accepted in the stadium and never prevented from using them.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

From personal experience and the fact they are accepted in the stadium and never prevented from using them.

Best take your evidence to your MP/MSP then as their use is illegal here in the UK so nothing the clubs can do to allow it. 

I’m not saying they will ever be legalised to use over here, merely stated I don’t mind them in a controlled manner. 

Alex Kintner
35 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

“Without any harm” ?

There’s been people killed at matches and pitches set on fire. Hence the fact why it is illegal across Europe.

24 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Clubs are geting hammered across Europe with huge fines (HSV just fined £100,000 by German FA)  and fans are getting bans. One supporter recently banned in Germany for three years.

Really not sure what you’re getting your info on ??‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“Without any harm” ?

There’s been people killed at matches and pitches set on fire. Hence the fact why it is illegal across Europe.

Clubs are geting hammered across Europe with huge fines (HSV just fined £100,000 by German FA)  and fans are getting bans. One supporter recently banned in Germany for three years.

Same news channel Farrage uses I reckon. 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

“Without any harm” ?

Who was killed by a smokebomb????? Where you getting your info from!? 

Thousands if smokebombs/flares let off every month in europe and all you can get is one guy in germany getting a ban.

If you care to READ my initial comment....

CONTROLLED MANNER. 

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Who was killed by a smokebomb????? Where you getting your info from!? 

Thousands if smokebombs/flares let off every month in europe and all you can get is one guy in germany getting a ban.

If you care to READ my initial comment....

CONTROLLED MANNER. 

14 year old in 2013. Also been a 13 year old and 67 year old killed at matches.

There’s loads of fans getting banned by their clubs. There’s loads of clubs getting hammered by their FAs or forced to play matches behind closed doors.

All of this is the context of the “controlled” displays you say are happening across the continent every week. The experts say they’re dangerous. UEFA have banned them. Football associations are punishing their clubs. Clubs are punishing their fans. What are you not understanding here?

Alex Kintner

Two teenagers have been arrested after a woman and a boy suffered burns as flares were ignited at an A-League match in Melbourne on Friday.”

Yesterday’s Greek cup semi-final between PAOK and Olympiakos was held up for over an hour on Wednesday after supporters set off flares and smoke bombs and even set light to the Olympiakos bench.”

“A football fire marshal narrowly escaped serious injury after a flare thrown onto the pitch exploded inches from his face

English referee Mark Clattenburg was forced to stop the match between Croatia and Czech Republic after fans threw red-hot missiles.”

Several Sunderland fans were either injured by the projectiles or had property damaged by smoke bombs thrown from above.”

A FOOTBALL fan was killed by a flare after last night's World Cup qualifying match between Wales and Romania in Cardiff.”

“Falkirk's artificial surface was damaged after a flare was thrown during their Scottish Cup defeat by Rangers.

Wolves have warned supporters they will be prosecuted if they bring flares or other pyrotechnics into Molineux after a fan was injured during the match with Aston Villa.”

At 4.10pm at the King Power Stadium at the Leicester City versus Burnley game, a flare was thrown into the away fans end, striking a young child.”

Russia goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev has thanks fans for their support after he was struck by a flare thrown during a Euro 2016 qualifier in Montenegro.”

No pyro, no party ??

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

That's fine Frank I accept it's not allowed in amongst supporters.  But if it's safe for the club to use pyrotechnics, then variations of controlled smoke displays (by the club) with or instead of fireworks is surely just as safe. Much better than daytime fireworks I've always thought.

As for panic attacks at the football?Surely that's part of the 'match day experience' every week.

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, stan said:

That's fine Frank I accept it's not allowed in amongst supporters.  But if it's safe for the club to use pyrotechnics, then variations of controlled smoke displays (by the club) with or instead of fireworks is surely just as safe. Much better than daytime fireworks I've always thought.

As for panic attacks at the football?Surely that's part of the 'match day experience' every week.

The pyrotechnics displays we had during the Firework Phil era had to be a certain distance away from the fans. There would be no way to do that while a match was being played. These were also visual pyrotechnics with minimal smoke. Smoke bombs are purposely designed to create lots of smoke.

I’m sure the 9 year old disabled Chelsea fan will be desperate to get back next week for another panic attack.

Edited by To Be Frank

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The pyrotechnics displays we had during the Firewprk Phil era had to be a certain distance away from the fans. There would be no way to do that while a match was being played. These were also visual pyrotechnics with minimal smoke. Smoke bombs are purposely designed go create lots of smoke.

I’m sure the 9 year old disabled Chelsea fan will be desperate to get back next week for another panic attack.

Pre match, as per club pyros could be done safelyimo but I doubt the clubs will want to encourage it while discouraging supporters from misusing them. I don't think we should be recreating the closing scenes from Dad's Army as Uche's bearing down on goal ?

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, stan said:

Pre match, as per club pyros could be done safelyimo but I doubt the clubs will want to encourage it while discouraging supporters from misusing them. I don't think we should be recreating the closing scenes from Dad's Army as Uche's bearing down on goal ?

I remember we did recreate that at Murrayfield one match. Couldn't see a thing. Even professionals get it wrong sometimes. 

Haha yeah was a good 10 minutes before the enemy line came into view! About all I recall from that game other than Gordon's triple save.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

I have never once mentioned flares. Moving goalposts to try and boost your argument. 

What on earth were you talking about then?

”If used in a controlled manner I don't mind them. Look at european grounds and the displays they have every game without any incidents.”

Big Slim Stylee
5 hours ago, UcheGang said:

I have never once mentioned flares. Moving goalposts to try and boost your argument. 

Do you have no concept of the phrase “when you’re in a hole, stop digging”?

You’ve produced a stream of contradictory posts over several pages, and are now playing semantics over the obvious fact that in the hands of morons, never mind professionals, any form of pyrotechnic is potentially lethal. 

They have no fecking place on a crowded terrace. None.

7 hours ago, Sraman said:

The only time I've seen smoke bombs used in a controlled manner is when they're strapped to a parachutists ankles.

Only by riot polis.  It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt, either by said items or another fan punches feck out of them.

There is a big difference between a flare and smoke bomb. Ive yet to see a flare being used by hearts fans in side a stadium. Not that either are right but there is a huge difference between them interms of damage they'd do.

Alex Kintner
48 minutes ago, TheStig said:

There is a big difference between a flare and smoke bomb. Ive yet to see a flare being used by hearts fans in side a stadium. Not that either are right but there is a huge difference between them interms of damage they'd do.

Flares are probably quite expensive in comparison. Imagine how many weeks pocket money you would need to save to buy one of those.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Do you have no concept of the phrase “when you’re in a hole, stop digging”?

You’ve produced a stream of contradictory posts over several pages, and are now playing semantics over the obvious fact that in the hands of morons, never mind professionals, any form of pyrotechnic is potentially lethal. 

They have no fecking place on a crowded terrace. None.

I think the source of his stubbornness on the subject is fairly obvious. 

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

If you watch continental football, flares are usually held and waved about. The neds with the smoke dont have the bottle for flares as they'd get hooked too easy

18 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Flares are probably quite expensive in comparison. Imagine how many weeks pocket money you would need to save to buy one of those.

Honestly I've no idea what either would cost, think if i went for the weekly shop and came back with flares and smoke bombs mrs stig would kick the shit out me.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Ha Ha, 

On 13/04/2019 at 21:12, The Doc said:

Didn’t mind the smoke bomb. Wasn’t thrown on the pitch and looked quite good. I know it is still illegal....

Also thought the young team helped things along with the atmosphere. Of course it would be preferable if the sectarian nonsense wasn’t there.

I guess since I started attending football many moons ago there’s always been an unsavoury element within a section of the Hearts support. It’s wrong and shouldn’t be there but I wouldn’t say it offends me. Part of me also thinks booing it, although well intentioned is exactly what they are after. Young daft laddies acting like ‘rebels’ (?) will often feed off such a reaction, imo.

Although I get for some it’s hard not to react when something’s sung that they don’t like.

I assume you weren't seated directly behind them? We were forced to move due to them packing in like sardines, standing on the seats, copious amounts of union jacks, sectarian singing and the flares of course, Aye lovely right enough!!!  and not one steward took any notice. I'm all for fun but was far from it!  well, maybe for them it is?

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, wild angus said:

I assume you weren't seated directly behind them? We were forced to move due to them packing in like sardines, standing on the seats, copious amounts of union jacks, sectarian singing and the flares of course, Aye lovely right enough!!!  and not one steward took any notice. I'm all for fun but was far from it!  well, maybe for them it is?

❄️

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

?️‍?

Really?

On 14/04/2019 at 12:05, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Should have a a section for

Racist / sectererian singing. 

Union Jack / ni flags. 

Flares 

Smoke bombs

Start it for next season. 

Problem solved. 

I agree - happy to contribute for their bus to Ibroke ....