• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Thomaso

• Governor Tarkin

• Deviskan

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ah, didn't mean to imply that you specifically were outraged. ?

I'm with you on the damaging the pitch bit, but this particular manifestation of youthful rebellion is just another stick to lash out at the young lot with.

It's fair enough to say that the club attempted to engage with the young team and give them their own section and they made an arse of it for themselves, but you have to ask on whose terms this engagement took place? Everybody knows that a body of young men are going to push the rules as far as they can, so effective rules have to be designed in order to accomodate this.

This issue is not exclusive to Hearts, and If clubs feel that they have relaxed things as far as they can within the confines set by the governing bodies and Police Scotland, then clubs need to collectively negotiate with these parties in order to outline potential solutions and move things forward constructively.

I don't think it's enough to just point the finger and shout "Nut, these are the rules, you're no daein that", and hand out bans all over the shop. Young men on civvy street don't repond well to top-down blanket authority, but the grown-ups don't fancy relinquishing any authority, do they?

If this can be managed effectively abroad then the only barrier to managing it effectively here is the willingness to do so.

I could be wrong but I’m not sure that these massive pyro displays in South America etc are actually approved by the clubs. 

I read stories about them being given to kids to get them into the grounds and I’m fairly sure that was Argentina.  They do make ones that don’t give off any heat or at least minimal but I don’t think that would solve the other issue of folk breathing them in. 

Its a shame as I like them and think it lifts the atmosphere when you score and they go off but don’t think there will ever really be a place for them in an enclosed stadium.   If it was only the smoke bombs that were the issue I’d be encouraging hearts to work with that section to find other things they can do along those lines to create atmosphere (accommodating them to hold displays or whatever and maybe helping them out with financing it a bit) but unfortunately for them they’ve got the whole songbook thing too and don’t think there will ever be a time where hearts work with these fans to help them out because of that. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Its a shame as I like them and think it lifts the atmosphere when you score and they go off but don’t think there will ever really be a place for them in an enclosed stadium.   If it was only the smoke bombs that were the issue I’d be encouraging hearts to work with that section to find other things they can do along those lines to create atmosphere (accommodating them to hold displays or whatever and maybe helping them out with financing it a bit) but unfortunately for them they’ve got the whole songbook thing too and don’t think there will ever be a time where hearts work with these fans to help them out because of that. 

I agree with your point about the songbook. It's sort of what I was getting at about them pushing the boundaries, and it would take some clever maneuvering to get past this part. As a society we're reaping what we have sown here.

PeterintheRain
15 hours ago, Spleedoink said:

Blah blah 

What is a matter with "BOUNCING" or the UNION flag?

1st and last paragraph's are exempt.

The Yoonion flag at a SCOTTISH football match  is a symbol of Orangeness, Hatred of Scotland and all round neo-fascism.  That's just the way it is.

The Bouncey Bouncy is owned by the glasgow scum and refers to their beloved Billy Fullarton and his inheritors stamping on Fenian skulls.  

HTH.

4 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

The Yoonion flag at a SCOTTISH football match  is a symbol of Orangeness, Hatred of Scotland and all round neo-fascism.  That's just the way it is.

The Bouncey Bouncy is owned by the glasgow scum and refers to their beloved Billy Fullarton and his inheritors stamping on Fenian skulls.  

HTH.

All your opinion of course, which you are entitled to ?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

They created a bit of atmosphere yesterday but as usual ruin it by letting off smoke bombs, singing about FTP and waving about non Hearts flags. The club won’t accomodate them now by finding a section for them next season and will target them, few of them will get banned/lifted etc then they’ll disperse. It’s sad really because having young lads willing to have a singing group is great but they just cannae behave. There is a whole catalogue of great hearts songs many of which got an airing yesterday, why on earth do they need to come out with the FTP stuff etc

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My son is six months and under careful instruction he's already adept at launching his teething ring at his mum.

The boy has a bright future as a Tynecastle ne'er-do-well.

:pleasing:

Wilhuff Jr....the antithesis to Donald Jr...

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's not illegal but What's the point of a union flag at a hearts game ? 

Flags and nationalism is for morons. 

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Flags and nationalism is for morons. 

Unless your Catalonian, Des. Or Scotch.*

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wilhuff Jr....the antithesis to Donald Jr...

Well, he fair suits those Imperial jodhpurs. :)

Edited by Governor Tarkin
* Although I'm inclined to agree.

Governor Tarkin
56 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

:yas:

All of the good stuff rolled in to one butchers apron.

:jjyay:

Union flags at Hearts? tends to encourage sectarianism, we don't need this.

Hearts are a Family Club and that must always be our aim do everyone can ENJOY   not hate. 

And NO ROOM for smoke bombers -  a year's ban, would help. 

1874Gorgie1874

Does it really matter what flags people take to the football? And there isn’t an issue with smoke bombs as long as they aren’t thrown on the pitch. 

3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Then don’t get access to the Clubs Stadium do you...simple.

Have fun chucking smoke bombs around the local park.

I've no desire to chuck them anywhere. I still think they add something and could be potentially used safely in the same way the club uses pyrotechnics at some games.

8 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Does it really matter what flags people take to the football? And there isn’t an issue with smoke bombs as long as they aren’t thrown on the pitch. 

Is there not a rule in the stadium behaviour issued by the SFA or from the police against them? 

Union flags i don't mind, fair few of them around the stadium not just the singing section guys. What i can't get my head round was the hearts/millwall no one likes us we don't care flag thats was in the south stand. When the feck have millwall ever been associated with us!

15 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Its illegal to throw a smoke bomb  in a public place  

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not if you’ve got asthma or other respiratory issues - bloody killjoys. 

Serious question though, has anyone suffered harm at Tynecastle from the smoke bombs we've seen there recently? They don't smell that different from vaping smoke and my assumption is that as it disperses very quickly the potential health hazard is possibly overplayed. 

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ah, didn't mean to imply that you specifically were outraged. ?

I'm with you on the damaging the pitch bit, but this particular manifestation of youthful rebellion is just another stick to lash out at the young lot with.

It's fair enough to say that the club attempted to engage with the young team and give them their own section and they made an arse of it for themselves, but you have to ask on whose terms this engagement took place? Everybody knows that a body of young men are going to push the rules as far as they can, so effective rules have to be designed in order to accomodate this.

This issue is not exclusive to Hearts, and If clubs feel that they have relaxed things as far as they can within the confines set by the governing bodies and Police Scotland, then clubs need to collectively negotiate with these parties in order to outline potential solutions and move things forward constructively.

I don't think it's enough to just point the finger and shout "Nut, these are the rules, you're no daein that", and hand out bans all over the shop. Young men on civvy street don't repond well to top-down blanket authority, but the grown-ups don't fancy relinquishing any authority, do they?

If this can be managed effectively abroad then the only barrier to managing it effectively here is the willingness to do so.

100% this 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, stan said:

Serious question though, has anyone suffered harm at Tynecastle from the smoke bombs we've seen there recently? They don't smell that different from vaping smoke and my assumption is that as it disperses very quickly the potential health hazard is possibly overplayed. 

I've caught a lungful a couple of times now and it's really no joke.

35 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

its illegal to SET OFF a smoke bomb in a public place.

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

All your opinion of course, which you are entitled to ?

Exactly but I’d add he’s also talking a load of sh*te. 

Calebs Grandad
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

its illegal to SET OFF a smoke bomb in a public place.

CAPITAL LETTERS ? could easily make your point without them 

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I've caught a lungful a couple of times now and it's really no joke.

I've been beside them a couple of times and it's not been an issue for me despite a longstanding chronic cough. Without meaning to pry, did you experience actual  harm and was it relevant to a respiratory condition? Not looking to be intrusive just wondered how they do affect other folk 

4 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

CAPITAL LETTERS ? could easily make your point without them 

YES I COULD - what’s your point?? 

1874Gorgie1874
55 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

Don’t throw it then

2 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

HTH.

I am not in favour of any OTT nationalist flag waving of any variety... we are a Hearts and that’s that for me. If we’ve got national flags for say an Irish / n. Irish or any other country, supporting a player then well and good.

But, your “orangeness” “hatred of Scotland” comments are ludicrous and would be offensive to many (I don’t really care, but these comments are a bit off !!)

1874Gorgie1874
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Is there not a rule in the stadium behaviour issued by the SFA or from the police against them? 

Probably but other clubs work with the club and stewards at the match so they can set off smoke bombs and won’t be banned 

2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Don’t throw it then

Been corrected it is illegal to SET OFF a smoke bomb  - throw all you want 

davemclaren
Just now, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Probably but other clubs work with the club and stewards at the match so they can set off smoke bombs and won’t be banned 

Who does that?

23 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

What clubs?

25 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

Been corrected it is illegal to SET OFF a smoke bomb  - throw all you want 

DO NOT BE SILLY...

1874Gorgie1874
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who does that?

Livi. They don’t throw the smoke bomb and when it’s finished they hand it to a steward. 

...a bit disco
33 minutes ago, stan said:

I've been beside them a couple of times and it's not been an issue for me despite a longstanding chronic cough. Without meaning to pry, did you experience actual  harm and was it relevant to a respiratory condition? Not looking to be intrusive just wondered how they do affect other folk 

Yep, I do suffer from a respiratory issue, (borderline COPD) and it took a wee while to recover from the smoke inhalation.

I was a bit away from ground zero( :lol: ) yesterday and the time before as well!

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, stan said:

No.

But I have not suffered from a bullet wound. Knife wound, or acid burns.

It's illegal to chuck a smoke bomb.

How hard is that to get into anyone's head?

indianajones
36 minutes ago, stan said:

Try being in the back of a land rover defender with two of them going at the same time. 

Indoor conditions they effect your breathing quite quickly. Outdoor it's really not that bad other than the smell. It's obviously advised not to breathe the stuff in. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Livi. They don’t throw the smoke bomb and when it’s finished they hand it to a steward. 

I find it hard to believe that Livi allow them to be set off given its illegal. 

32 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

PISH!

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-policies/ground-regulations/

1. The following articles MUST NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUND prohibited weapons, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. It is an offence punishable by law and Unacceptable Conduct for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Ground whilst in possession of any article which is a firework or any article or substance whose purpose or any part of its purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling or the emission of smoke and/or gas and any person in possession of such articles will be refused entry to the Ground and if having entered, to expulsion from the ground and such other sanction as may be determined by the Club/Event Organiser and reported to the Police.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/football-ban-for-smoke-bomb-teenager-1-3740735/amp

Edited by Deviskan

39 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

No.

But I have not suffered from a bullet wound. Knife wound, or acid burns.

It's illegal to chuck a smoke bomb.

How hard is that to get into anyone's head?

It's illegal to do plenty of stuff, but if it's not actually harmful, it's reasonable to discuss whether it can be done in a controlled way. I'm not into throwing fireworks about either but the club seems happy to set them off at times.  Not sure about bullets, acid and knives though. 

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Maybe we should ban arseholes, but we'd need an arsehole detector.

It's called Kickback, mate. ;)

45 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Try being in the back of a land rover defender with two of them going at the same time. 

Indoor conditions they effect your breathing quite quickly. Outdoor it's really not that bad other than the smell. It's obviously advised not to breathe the stuff in. 

I wouldn't fancy indoor pyrotechnics right enough! I don't envy you that experience.

Fire training we used to enter a smoke filled room, with no injuries except the odd stubbed finger groping about to find 'casualties'. Had the same sweet smell but may be different ingredients.

2 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Do they? Thats something Iv not seen pushed anywhere my understanding is its classed as a public place so the SFA / Police have zero tolerance

Edit: already answered ??

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's called Kickback, mate. ;)

Good point. Need to ban all posters :D

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Shite.

1874Gorgie1874
2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

PISH!

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club/club-policies/ground-regulations/

1. The following articles MUST NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUND prohibited weapons, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. It is an offence punishable by law and Unacceptable Conduct for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Ground whilst in possession of any article which is a firework or any article or substance whose purpose or any part of its purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling or the emission of smoke and/or gas and any person in possession of such articles will be refused entry to the Ground and if having entered, to expulsion from the ground and such other sanction as may be determined by the Club/Event Organiser and reported to the Police.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/football-ban-for-smoke-bomb-teenager-1-3740735/amp

They did it against hearts in December but believe what ever you want