Smoke bombs

Thomaso

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Sectarianism and flares don’t bother you because you have more important things to worry about. 

Yet you’ve got all the time in the world to get annoyed about and argue with people who do get bothered by them. ??‍♂️

Doesn't come across as annoyed in the slightest to me.

On the contrary, his posts seem incredibly calm and measured - which is admirable when he is surely aware that the point he is making a dignified effort at labouring will be drowned out in the general hysteria.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Thomaso

• Governor Tarkin

• Deviskan

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

People going on about breathing, well i guess these people also raised issues with the club whenever we've have fire works on the pitch? We've done that a fair few times in my time watching hearts, sparta Prague being one that stands out the most! Seriously was any one concerned then and took it up with the club? 

I doubt very much they did. It's not the smokebombs they have a problem with, it's the people that set them off they hate.

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Thought you weren’t going to any more games ( again ) so don’t imagine you care much? 

Ha! Ha! Nailed him Dave! ?

Bindy Badgy

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

As for smoke bomb i don't see the problem, they weren't thrown and it looked controlled.

In principle, I agree. If it's done in a controlled manner and doesn't negatively affect other people I'm all for any attempt to create a bit more atmosphere. I'd love it if we could have displays like you see in Italy.

Unfortunately, the authorities don't agree. There's been a lot of negative publicity attached to crowd issues in both Scotland and England this season so it's a bad idea to keep setting them off at present.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ha! Ha! Nailed him Dave! ?

Yeh, like totally nailed him Dave. ?

Terracing always.
23 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Sectarianism and flares don’t bother you because you have more important things to worry about. 

Yet you’ve got all the time in the world to get annoyed about and argue with people who do get bothered by them. ??‍♂️

Seen two people getting lifted before the game, one after. Suspects the number of arrests will be heading towards double figures.

Who's arguing??? Jus putting my opinion on here, I am allowed to am I not? 

Oh that's right, anyone with a different opinion to certain posters must be a scummy bigoted racist homophobic trouble maker. I accept different opinions, a lot of belters on here don't. 

11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They’re not harmless. Wee ones at the game were scared stiff.

Why would kids be scared stiff of smoke? Bonfire night must traumatise millions nationwide on that logic. I accept they're not allowed, but I've never known anyone to be scared by them.

I’m with a lot of posters on here.

lets stamp out the sectarian shit!!

as for the smoke bombs? I have no issue with them or the lads trying to generate some kind of an atmosphere at our games.

Tynecastle used to be known for its intimidating atmosphere for teams to come to, unless it’s the big games we are quiet as and you can hear the players shouts ffs!!

too many people in our support are happy just to go to the games and sit on their hands for the 90 mins!

we have about 3 songs that all the fans sing which usually die out after about 10 seconds!!

unfortunately a lot of these boring fans reside on this board going by some of the posts.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

Oh that's right, anyone with a different opinion to certain posters must be a scummy bigoted racist homophobic trouble maker. I accept different opinions, a lot of belters on here don't. 

Don't let it ruffle your feathers and draw you into a bun fight, mate. If they can't get their heads around your point that's the tactic they'll use to discredit you. 

Before you know it you've lost your cool and are enjoying an hiatus in the JKB clink.

Leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth to others.

gashauskis9
14 minutes ago, stan said:

Why would kids be scared stiff of smoke? Bonfire night must traumatise millions nationwide on that logic. I accept they're not allowed, but I've never known anyone to be scared by them.

Maybe, just maybe, context is important here...

Bonfire = fire and smoke in a controlled environment 

Smokebombs at football = unplanned/uncontrolled fire and smoke in a condensed space

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

as for the smoke bombs? I have no issue with them or the lads trying to generate some kind of an atmosphere at our games.

Tynecastle used to be known for its intimidating atmosphere for teams to come to, unless it’s the big games we are quiet as and you can hear the players shouts ffs!!

too many people in our support are happy just to go to the games and sit on their hands for the 90 mins!

we have about 3 songs that all the fans sing which usually die out after about 10 seconds!!

unfortunately a lot of these boring fans reside on this board going by some of the posts.

I didn’t need to wait for the smoke to celebrate.  The three goals and associated celebrations was my trigger, as it should be.

If folk can’t enjoy football and it’s atmosphere without wee pricks with pyrotechnics then you need a new hobby.

Terracing always.
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't let it ruffle your feathers and draw you into a bun fight, mate. If they can't get their heads around your point that's the tactic they'll use to discredit you. 

Before you know it you've lost your cool and are enjoying an hiatus in the JKB clink.

Leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth to others.

?

Alex Kintner
39 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Was at the other end from them and actually couldn't here a thing from them, did they even have their drum? So can't comment on whatever sectarian stuff was sung but it wasn't loud enough to reach the east stand that's for sure. As for smoke bomb i don't see the problem, they weren't thrown and it looked controlled. People going on about breathing, well i guess these people also raised issues with the club whenever we've have fire works on the pitch? We've done that a fair few times in my time watching hearts, sparta Prague being one that stands out the most! Seriously was any one concerned then and took it up with the club? 

Was sitting next to my mate and his 4 year old daughter yesterday who he was taking along to her first game. Luckily we were three or four sections away from the smoke bomb but had we been right in the middle of it she would have been terrified.

28 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

You’re the one who said you were “flabbergasted” ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I didn’t need to wait for the smoke to celebrate.  The three goals and associated celebrations was my trigger, as it should be.

If folk can’t enjoy football and it’s atmosphere without wee pricks with pyrotechnics then you need a new hobby.

I think if you are offended or scared of people with smoke bombs bud I suggest you are the one that needs a new hobby.

ive been going to football long enough to have grown a thick skin with things I’ve heard and seen.

Terracing always.
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Was sitting next to my mate and his 4 year old daughter yesterday who he was taking along to her first game. Luckily we were three or four sections away from the smoke bomb but had we been right in the middle of it she would have been terrified.

You’re the one who said you were “flabbergasted” ??‍♂️

And that means I'm arguing??? 

Oh dear. 

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

How does smoke solve any problem with people not singing? ??‍♂️

Unfortunately there are a group of wee neds who are currently giving our club a bad name with the way they are choosing to behave. The flares are only part of it. Their behaviour in the Horseshoe bar yesterday was ridiculous. Belting out songs about Scott Brown’s dead sister, the pope and IRA and harrassing the barmaids till they were eventually kicked out. The barmaid I spoke to said she’d had more abuse in one hour yesterday morning than she usually gets in a week. She looked pretty shaken by it. 

This kind of stuff isn’t harmless or just young lads being young lads. It’s damaging our reputation and also forcing the club’s hand into closing section G lower which has affected many innocent supporters. 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

And that means I'm arguing??? 

Oh dear. 

Being flabbergasted that posters aren’t happy with the flares and trying to defend the use of flares against those posters is pretty much exactly what arguing is. 

You’re trying to take some sort of higher ground saying “I’ve much more important things in my life than to get offended about flares” yet you’re getting really offended about others having a problem with them. In fact, you’re flabbergasted about it. Doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by To Be Frank

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

Outwith the pope song I thought the young team were great today. Got the place going

That's the sad thing. They got a few songs going round the ground at first but, after they started their anti-catholic shite and got booed they became just noise as most fans didn't join in with them. When are they going to learn that their mini-hun stuff, as well as being brain dead, actually ruins the atmosphere

28 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

This has been the case for as long as I can remember, going back over 20 years. 

I suggest a lot of people stay away from the final if we get Celtic, if they can't handle a half empty stadium against ICT then who knows how they will react to a full house and a crazy poisonous atmosphere. 

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think if you are offended or scared of people with smoke bombs bud I suggest you are the one that needs a new hobby.

ive been going to football long enough to have grown a thick skin with things I’ve heard and seen.

Not offended by them or scared of them.  I have thick skin mate, if I didn’t I wouldnt be going every week.

I’m offended by the wee dicks that, despite constant warning, carry on with this knowing that it’s costing the club financially and in terms of reputation.  The same wee dicks who want the woman out who saved our club and gave them a stadium to have their firework displays in the first place.  The same wee dicks who who would have shuffled along to Ibrox to sing their sectarian bile if we had gone bust while the rest of us stood round Saughton Park watching the reincarnation.

Rant isn’t intended for you chief, I’m just at the end of my tether with these ******s constantly getting the benefit of the doubt on here.  

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

How does smoke solve any problem with people not singing? ??‍♂️

Unfortunately there are a group of wee neds who are currently giving our club a bad name with the way they are choosing to behave. The flares are only part of it. Their behaviour in the Horseshoe bar yesterday was ridiculous. Belting out songs about Scott Brown’s dead sister, the pope and IRA and harrassing the barmaids till they were eventually kicked out. The barmaid I spoke to said she’d had more abuse in one hour yesterday morning than she usually gets in a week. She looked pretty shaken by it. 

This kind of stuff isn’t harmless or just young lads being young lads. It’s damaging our reputation and also forcing the club’s hand into closing section G lower which has affected many innocent supporters. 

Who said smoke solved Any singing problems? Weird comment 

wasn’t in the horseshoe bar so can’t comment on anything that was sung there but if what you say is true those songs are disgusting.

my comments were about tynie though and not how some young guys behave in a pub 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Who said smoke solved Any singing problems? Weird comment 

wasn’t in the horseshoe bar so can’t comment on anything that was sung there but if what you say is true those songs are disgusting.

my comments were about tynie though and not how some young guys behave in a pub 

You were moaning about the lack of atmosphere and how our songbook is limited and nobody joins in. I’m not sure how letting off a smokebomb is going to encourage people to sing more? You were also inferring that posters against smoke bombs are the same posters who don’t sing.

Edited by To Be Frank

Terracing always.
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Being flabbergasted that posters aren’t happy with the flares and trying to defend the use of flares against those posters is pretty much exactly what arguing is. 

You’re trying to take some sort of higher ground saying “I’ve much more important things in my life than to get offended about flares” yet you’re getting really offended about others having a problem with them. In fact, you’re flabbergasted about it. Doesn’t make any sense.

Right mate, as per this could go on all day. I'm jus back on here and don't want to risk getting emptied because I don't tow the party line. 

I don't mind the young lads or anyone wanting to create an atmosphere, you and a lot of others do. That's fine, I can live with that. But from time to time I will come on and stand up for them when the tough guys on here start their venomous crusade behind their keyboards. And for what it's worth if they or anyone else cross certain lines I'll be first to condemn them. 

Enjoy your day 

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not offended by them or scared of them.  I have thick skin mate, if I didn’t I wouldnt be going every week.

I’m offended by the wee dicks that, despite constant warning, carry on with this knowing that it’s costing the club financially and in terms of reputation.  The same wee dicks who want the woman out who saved our club and gave them a stadium to have their firework displays in the first place.  The same wee dicks who who would have shuffled along to Ibrox to sing their sectarian bile if we had gone bust while the rest of us stood round Saughton Park watching the reincarnation.

Rant isn’t intended for you chief, I’m just at the end of my tether with these ******s constantly getting the benefit of the doubt on here.  

I wouldn’t say they’re getting the benefit of the doubt on here bud 

I’d say most posters aren’t condoning their singing of the sectarian shit but debating more the use of the smoke bomb which tbf Inverness fans released also.

the whole thread has been derailed 

myself included in doing so.

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You were moaning about the lack of atmosphere and how our songbook is limited and nobody joins in. I’m not sure how letting off a smokebomb is going to encourage people to sing more? You were also inferring that posters against smoke bombs are the same posters who don’t sing.

I was inferring our atmosphere at tynie is shit most weeks and I stand by that also you say I’m inferring that posters against smoke bombs are the same  posters who don’t sing?

i don’t see how you’ve come to that conclusion but keep on trying to put words in my mouth.

do you sing at the games? If so what songs?

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

Right mate, as per this could go on all day. I'm jus back on here and don't want to risk getting emptied because I don't tow the party line. 

I don't mind the young lads or anyone wanting to create an atmosphere, you and a lot of others do. That's fine, I can live with that. But from time to time I will come on and stand up for them when the tough guys on here start their venomous crusade behind their keyboards. And for what it's worth if they or anyone else cross certain lines I'll be first to condemn them. 

Enjoy your day 

The only “venomous” thing in all this is the song about Scott Brown’s dead sister which was sung several times by the young lads you’re defending. 

Enjoy your day ??

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I was inferring our atmosphere at tynie is shit most weeks and I stand by that also you say I’m inferring that posters against smoke bombs are the same  posters who don’t sing?

i don’t see how you’ve come to that conclusion but keep on trying to put words in my mouth.

Tbf, I've been with Frank when he was the one to start songs in the supporters bar pre match at Tynie.

All good Hearts songs too.

Terracing always.
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The only “venomous” thing in all this is the song about Scott Brown’s dead sister which was sung several times by the young lads you’re defending. 

Enjoy your day ??

Cheers, I will 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The quote below is what you said that made me infer you think there is a link between non-singers and those opposed to flares and smoke bombs. Unless I’m misunderstanding you and you can explain what the posts are that you are referring to.

unfortunately a lot of these boring fans reside on this board going by some of the posts.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tbf, I've been with Frank when he was the one to start songs in the supporters bar pre match at Tynie.

All good Hearts songs too.

:cheers: ??

Nookie Bear

Whenever I see a smoke bomb at a game where I have my young son, I find it helps just to be relaxed and quietly explain it’s just like he smoke you get at the pantomime. 

And he gets it. 

If I start getting angry, and saying how dangerous it is, then of course he is going to be scared because he is reacting to my behaviour. 

(Further to that, if I make racist and sectarian comments then he is going to copy me. I don’t, obviously)

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

I'm just back on here and don't want to risk getting emptied because I don't tow the party line. 

What was your previous username before you got banned?

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Whenever I see a smoke bomb at a game where I have my young son, I find it helps just to be relaxed and quietly explain it’s just like he smoke you get at the pantomime. 

And he gets it. 

If I start getting angry, and saying how dangerous it is, then of course he is going to be scared because he is reacting to my behaviour. 

(Further to that, if I make racist and sectarian comments then he is going to copy me. I don’t, obviously)

What if it gets let off a few seats away from you?

Terracing always.

I'm sure you can guess. Why? 

Nookie Bear

What if it gets let off a few seats away from you?

I am not going to freak out about it. If it bothered my son then I would calmly move away. 

Its happened before and it doesn’t bother me, anymore than it bothers tens of thousands of European football fans every week. 

But the Europeans do it in a cultured way, of course ?

Edited by Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear

It was that Glib character, was it not? ^_^

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

I'm sure you can guess. Why? 

Bringbakterracing?

Just curious. If you were banned for a reason then you should still be banned. If you were bringbakterracing then I seem to recall you defending the neds constantly so not a surprise.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Bringbakterracing?

Just curious. If you were banned for a reason then you should still be banned. If you were bringbakterracing then I seem to recall you defending the neds constantly so not a surprise.

kB police on duty I see!! Ffs

you related to a poster from Hamilton?

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am not going to freak out about it. 

Its happened before and it doesn’t bother me, anymore than it bothers tens of thousands of European football fans every week. 

But the Europeans do it in a cultured way, of course ?

How did your young son react? Did he stay cool and not freak out while struggling to breathe and see? Hope he was ok. 

Luckily I’ve never been in that position with my daughter but have seen the videos filmed by those letting them off and it looks pretty claustrophobic and horrible. I would be raging if someone did that near my child.

CloustonHMFC
37 minutes ago, Terracing always. said:

Enjoy your day 

I don’t have any problems with anyone trying to create an atmosphere but singing sectarian songs, being racist and generally wee thugs IS a problem. 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It was that Glib character, was it not? ^_^

:rofl:

Nobody can tell me I can't use pyro. No pyro no party. **** the police, **** authority and **** Ann budge and the club. Totally embarrassing but expected from wee Ned's.

Terracing always.
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Bringbakterracing?

Nicely done Frank, dear oh dear. 

Obviously I was not said BBT but he sounds like a right good lad. 

Nookie Bear, Governor Tarkin...Terracing always, are you Heart of Midlothian FC Supporters?

if so, I’ll assume you will ‘support’ the official standpoint of the club you claim to support?

Or are you saying you would rather do something that’s the polar opposite to the clubs official view, and indeed...causes harm to the club (you know, the club you claim to support)?

Edited by Deviskan

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody can tell me I can't use pyro. No pyro no party. **** the police, **** authority and **** Ann budge and the club.

:pleasing:

I'm with the young lads on this one. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Nookie Bear, Governor Tarkin...Terracing always, are you Heart of Midlothian FC Supporters?

What makes you think I’m not? 

Are you?

Edited by Nookie Bear

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

I can't speak for Messrs. Bear and Terracing, but I certainly am.

What makes you ask mate?

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

What makes you think I’m not? 

Oh I think you are...no question...read my other post though.

If you’re Hearts supporters, why would you support something that is in direct opposition to the clubs view?

Edited by Deviskan