Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Jodami

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

I'd be open to it. Still think Austin MacPhee is the man after Craig though, keeps with our policy of promoting from within.

Tommy Brown
30 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I'd be open to it. Still think Austin MacPhee is the man after Craig though, keeps with our policy of promoting from within.

Just because he is no2 now will make him "next".

Some are good coaches and some are leaders. I don't see AM as a leader. I may be wrong.

jamboinglasgow
On 14/04/2019 at 01:11, dazajmbo said:

I could see it happening. Ann Budge is clearly trying to get us at a level where both male & females are equal at the club. Kerr is very well thought of by everyone at Hearts and has a great relationship with CL & AM. It's the kind of thing i could see Hearts doing to bring positive publicity to us for getting women involved more in mens football. 

Didn't realise she has a good relationship with CL & AM and the club. I think its madness to not think that 51% of the population has anyone in it who has the nessecary attributes to be a great manager, so its worth keeping an open mind with that or look to train them up. Reading about what we are aiming to do with the girls academy and bringing it in line with the boys academy, it means that you can bring in female coaches who can learn and get oppourtunities. They could easily swap and take time coaching the boys for periods. It opens up our chances of getting talented coaches early.

I dont have any issue if our manager/head coach is male or female, as long as they allow us to be the best we can be. She has shown how she has got the best out of Scotland and got them to a world cup. I do wonder if she would take on an assistant role first like Macphee is at the moment or would she only want to go straight in as manager (this based on us actually wanting her which is purely speculation.)

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Also not too sure how it would work in the dressing room. Are men not entitled to privacy now?

Probably not do team talks in the nude or in the shower. 

Be weird with men only as well tbh. 

Not averse to the idea.You just need to look around you.We have Teresa may,Angela merkel,Nicole Sturgeon and,and.Awe,haud oan a minute.

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Didn't realise she has a good relationship with CL & AM and the club. I think its madness to not think that 51% of the population has anyone in it who has the nessecary attributes to be a great manager, so its worth keeping an open mind with that or look to train them up. Reading about what we are aiming to do with the girls academy and bringing it in line with the boys academy, it means that you can bring in female coaches who can learn and get oppourtunities. They could easily swap and take time coaching the boys for periods. It opens up our chances of getting talented coaches early.

I dont have any issue if our manager/head coach is male or female, as long as they allow us to be the best we can be. She has shown how she has got the best out of Scotland and got them to a world cup. I do wonder if she would take on an assistant role first like Macphee is at the moment or would she only want to go straight in as manager (this based on us actually wanting her which is purely speculation.)

Excellent and sensible post JIG

On 13/04/2019 at 20:00, sum31uk said:

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

With Cathro as her no. 2........?

Boydy would have a fit...........!

The Old Tolbooth

I would normally be open to such an idea, however I'm getting a bit fed up of us being used as a fekkin experiment. 

kirkierobroy

Would have her replace Eck McEBT as men's national coach in a heartbeat. She could still run the women's team.

As for the dressing room thing, surely no particular difference between the likes of Scott Booth and Bentface Neville managing women's teams. And Kerr has managed Sturling Uni in the LL has she know?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As much as Shelley could probably do the job, Scottish culture would not let her. Which is of course wrong, not sure it would be fair on anyone, she would not be treated with equality.

On 13/04/2019 at 21:40, copa-mundial said:

Was there not a female coach that got a job in one of the French top divisions? 

Corrinne Diacre at Clermont.

Get her into the organisation and give her the project of getting Hearts women to the top of Scottish Football whilst being part of the men's-set-up day to day.

Ann Budge/Club has invested in the women's team, so it might appeal to her 

I am thinking she has a bit more about her than Daly

Portable Badger
On 14/04/2019 at 13:06, E6 Inc said:

If she's good enough then why not.

Is she good enough? Almost impossible to tell either way to be honest.

For her to take on a club the size of Hearts, with the added pressure of being the first female manager etc, I would think she would need to either have a job prior to that or come in as part of the coaching team before moving up. 

I thought she spoke well and seemed to be highly knowledgeable so couldn't write it off. 

Our next manager shouldn't be a project though!

This

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Get her into the organisation and give her the project of getting Hearts women to the top of Scottish Football whilst being part of the men's-set-up day to day.

Ann Budge/Club has invested in the women's team, so it might appeal to her 

I am thinking she has a bit more about her than Daly

You're last sentence.... 

:ruiner:

Pasquale for King
On 13/04/2019 at 20:00, sum31uk said:

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

If she’s good enough why not, she does sound a bit like Pressley to me though ??‍♂️

Nookie Bear

I think we are being blinded by the fact she is managing a national side here.

Removing the fact she is a woman, she is simply successful at a level that is way below where even our reserves are and no more deserves an opportunity with us as someone like Jim McInally at Peterhead or the guys taking Cove Rangers practically undefeated this season.

15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we are being blinded by the fact she is managing a national side here.

Removing the fact she is a woman, she is simply successful at a level that is way below where even our reserves are and no more deserves an opportunity with us as someone like Jim McInally at Peterhead or the guys taking Cove Rangers practically undefeated this season.

A big concern for me is when she is sacked, which as a manager today she undoubtedly will. Will it be "sacked because she is a woman" ? I really can't be doing with that nonsense. Will there be a lawsuit and lots of "I was subjected to this and that" stories.

Like it or not she is going into an almost exclusively male environment. She must not expect everyone to jump through hoops for her, she simply is not important enough for that. It would be an unmitigated disaster and one I fear from an 'on the pitch' point of view we would take years to recover from. I also feel Budge would think it would make us all look good but it would be a PR ****ing disaster.

Mr Elwood P
On 14/04/2019 at 16:10, i8hibsh said:

Also not too sure how it would work in the dressing room. Are men not entitled to privacy now?

I’m very surprised to find you in here, stinking the thread out with your usual nonsense! 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A big concern for me is when she is sacked, which as a manager today she undoubtedly will. Will it be "sacked because she is a woman" ? I really can't be doing with that nonsense. Will there be a lawsuit and lots of "I was subjected to this and that" stories.

Like it or not she is going into an almost exclusively male environment. She must not expect everyone to jump through hoops for her, she simply is not important enough for that. It would be an unmitigated disaster and one I fear from an 'on the pitch' point of view we would take years to recover from. I also feel Budge would think it would make us all look good but it would be a PR ****ing disaster.

Put it this way she doesn't have anywhere near the same pedigree or experience that Cathro has nor does she have the same has and look how badly he failed. She would have to serve her apprenticeship in lower league men's football and be a huge success before i would even remotely entertain the idea of her. 

There aren't even any female coaches let alone managers. 

On 14/04/2019 at 16:10, i8hibsh said:

Men coach women's teams fairly sure they don't march around naked whilst he delivers a team speech ?

Or do they? What a thought for Tuesday morning ?

Edited by AlimOzturk

31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m very surprised to find you in here, stinking the thread out with your usual nonsense! 

One of the most honest posters on here. This thread is going as expected really. People barging each other out the way to be the first to show how 'progressive' they are. I will just come out and say it.....not one Hearts fan would actually want this lady to be our next manager.  I know if said in public it earns all desired likes and responses though.

Not one part of her life, career or experience makes her qualified for such a big job. If anyone thinks so they are not for equality. Employing her is not being an equal opportunity employer it makes you the complete opposite. Unless anyone wishes to debate that employing people based on what genitals they have is in anyway fair.

But of course people are not willing to be so candid with their true feeling in fear of the leftists getting the stamp out and stamping your forehead with "insert whatever 'ist' applies"

So managers burst their bollocks week in week out in the pro leagues trying to make it and you think some lady who effectively runs an ice cream stand should next day be CEO of Tescos. Give me a ****ing break.

But oh let me guess now, because I don't embrace this then I in some way am against women in power, hate women and do not supoort equal rights. ****ing do one if you think that because I give not one **** for how someone sees me.

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Men coach women's teams fairly sure they don't march around naked whilst he delivers a team speech ?

Or do they? What a thought for Tuesday morning ?

That is a script for an x rated film. Get it typed up.

:gok:

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

One of the most honest posters on here. This thread is going as expected really. People barging each other out the way to be the first to show how 'progressive' they are. I will just come out and say it.....not one Hearts fan would actually want this lady to be our next manager.  I know if said in public it earns all desired likes and responses though.

Not one part of her life, career or experience makes her qualified for such a big job. If anyone thinks so they are not for equality. Employing her is not being an equal opportunity employer it makes you the complete opposite. Unless anyone wishes to debate that employing people based on what genitals they have is in anyway fair.

But of course people are not willing to be so candid with their true feeling in fear of the leftists getting the stamp out and stamping your forehead with "insert whatever 'ist' applies"

So managers burst their bollocks week in week out in the pro leagues trying to make it and you think some lady who effectively runs an ice cream stand should next day be CEO of Tescos. Give me a ****ing break.

But oh let me guess now, because I don't embrace this then I in some way am against women in power, hate women and do not supoort equal rights. ****ing do one if you think that because I give not one **** for how someone sees me.

You might have some valid points and it is an interesting topic to debate but you completely undermine it with nonsense posts about privacy in the changing room and potential lawsuits. A lot of the backlash against you as a poster isn’t what you say, it’s how you say it. You usually implement the most incendiary or reactionary way of putting across what would, sometimes, be a decent argument.

The Internet

Yeah i8 is actually correct on this one he's just being insufferable about it with loads of added on drivel.