Shelley Kerr - Future Hearts Manager?

sum31uk

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We'd be cursing tho about a missed opportunity. 

Saints or Falkirk ain't winning the sc within the next 50 years either. 

I agree, but as a number two or part of the coaching team, no issue at all. 

Saints won the cup in 2014.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Jodami

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/amp/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

Best woman’s team in the world hammered 5-2 by an u15’s American boys team. ?

Its about levels, not about her gender though. 

The boy's face in the second picture, top right.... he is definitely saying to himself "I think I'm in there"!!

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If she is our next manager it would be for no other reason than the fact she is female and for some reason that is ok with people.

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest she has no professional credentials. 

19 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest she has no professional credentials. 

Did I suggest that?

If a man applied to be our manager with her CV he would not get the job.

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/amp/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

Best woman’s team in the world hammered 5-2 by an u15’s American boys team. ?

Its about levels, not about her gender though. 

That's a great comparison, just like Scottish football on the international scene... Scottish football is sh***, it's all about levels... Not about nationality... 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

That's a great comparison, just like Scottish football on the international scene... Scottish football is sh***, it's all about levels... Not about nationality... 

I don’t get your point.

I’s rather she was tested in the men’s game elsewhere first.  If she succeeds, then why not?

Not sure what her contacts will be like, when it comes to signing players, though.  

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

She was also much more incisive in her analysis than the Waldorf Brothers.

The obvious difference being she has at least put herself on the line by coaching/managing while those two teens have bottled doing that. 

12 hours ago, sum31uk said:

I would say that this sort of humour belongs in the 1970s, but then again I doubt it was even funny then. 

Michael Stewart has no managerial experience. Shelley Kerr does.

Yes but it is not her management experience which is exciting the OP, it is that she is PHW...it is pathetic how anyone who has ever played for or supported Hearts is regarded as being at the top of the list.

14 hours ago, sum31uk said:

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

Why not?. Hearts have shown the way with lots of initiatives since AB took over so I don't see why there would be any problem. She certainly knows her stuff and it would get the football world taking note of Hearts if it were to happen.

14 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Women's pro football is public park level.

No thanks. 

Thought this thread was about about her suitability for management not women’s football itself.

She pinpointed things in the 1st half E.g Lee finding space between the lines and not being used.Where'as Thompson slated incorrectly Mulraney's final ball.Thompson is a F****** balloon.Always looks to me like he's just fell out of river island's shop windea.

Ecce Romanov

I think we should be leaving no stone unturned to get the best for the club. If Shelley is good enough, by all means sign her up. Gender shouldn’t come into it. 

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Sharky999 said:

I never knew that, nice to hear. 

Chris robertson the PE teacher would have loved having somebody of that calibre in the school.

Starsky?

1 hour ago, Hesh said:

Thought this thread was about about her suitability for management not women’s football itself.

You've answered your own question there. 

It should have been ten

The Kickback mafia would love that, can just imagine the abuse aimed at her after a couple of disappointing results ??‍♂️

Edited by It should have been ten

If she is a good manager then don’t really care if she’s a man or a woman. 

Womens football might be a lower level to men’s but not sure that really makes much difference on how you manage a team.  Ian Cathro had never managed a team in his life or played football, yet we were applauding levein for taking a ambitious risk :laugh:

Playing is different because of the physicality but are we saying all women in football are too thick to manage a men’s squad?  I don’t know about her specifically but it’s hardly out of the realms of possibility that a woman would be better at managing a football team than a man.  

4 minutes ago, Morph said:

If she is a good manager then don’t really care if she’s a man or a woman.

Just for info, she's a woman.

Bridge of Djoum

Not for me.

Women are too busy running countries and massive corporate entities. Managing a football team would be too much for them.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

She needs to go and manage at a higher level than the female national team, maybe somewhere like bonnyrigg rose and then work her way up. 

You can't just give her the hearts job because she's a woman.

16 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Today I watched a professional footballer in a Hearts top run with the ball then stop to look at his feet to check whether he still had the ball.

The women’s game will catch up fast enough, believe me.

It won’t. The standard at the moment while slowly improving of SWPL is well below junior level.

16 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think women are ready for the abuse and pressure of managing in the male football world though.

I agree, if football is still having problems with sectarianism and antisemitism etc then how can anyone expect there wont be misogynistic  slurs. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

It won’t. The standard at the moment while slowly improving of SWPL is well below junior level.

The question isn't whether she should play for Hearts. The standard of women's football is irrelevant. Relevant points are ''is she qualified''. That's about it.

If she's good enough then why not.

Is she good enough? Almost impossible to tell either way to be honest.

For her to take on a club the size of Hearts, with the added pressure of being the first female manager etc, I would think she would need to either have a job prior to that or come in as part of the coaching team before moving up. 

I thought she spoke well and seemed to be highly knowledgeable so couldn't write it off. 

Our next manager shouldn't be a project though!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 hours ago, sum31uk said:

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

If she’s good enough, absolutely.

but given the way some of our support struggle with decorum, I’d fear for her

54 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The question isn't whether she should play for Hearts. The standard of women's football is irrelevant. Relevant points are ''is she qualified''. That's about it.

Exactly.

Lots of women/ladies teams have male managers and/or coaches. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’m responding to the poster I quoted about the standard of women’s play not Shelley Kerr.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I’m responding to the poster I quoted about the standard of women’s play not Shelley Kerr.

No, I understand that. It's still irrelevant, though. 

I'm sure she'd do an excellent job for the Hearts Ladies team since Budge is giving it a decent bit of cash to get up and running.

Being a Hearts fan I'm sure there would be appeal in that. That said, national team in womens football seems more consistent than league, like i'm sure ive seen players than have barely any club appearances but tons of national caps. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Starsky?

Aye.

He passed away last year. I really liked him as a PE teacher.

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

The OP was about Shelley Kerr being considered for Hearts not about the quality of Women's football in general.

I have known Shelley from her time as manager of  Stirling University FC's football squad that have teams in both the Lowland League and EOS League.  She came to Stirling Uni after a stint as manager of Arsenal Ladies. I was impressed by the set-up at Striling but my son decided on a soccer scholarship to a US Uni instead.

The SWFL is poor, a look at the teams that play in Div 1 does suggest the level of the ladies game.  However, this is no reflection on Shelley's ability.  After the World Cup she (and her lucky maroon knickers) could join Levein's backroom staff.  I would have no objection to that.

andsoitbegins

Would rather see her managing the men's national team - it's not like there's a high bar for performance there set by Big Eck.

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The OP was about Shelley Kerr being considered for Hearts not about the quality of Women's football in general.

I have known Shelley from her time as manager of  Stirling University FC's football squad that have teams in both the Lowland League and EOS League.  She came to Stirling Uni after a stint as manager of Arsenal Ladies. I was impressed by the set-up at Striling but my son decided on a soccer scholarship to a US Uni instead.

The SWFL is poor, a look at the teams that play in Div 1 does suggest the level of the ladies game.  However, this is no reflection on Shelley's ability.  After the World Cup she (and her lucky maroon knickers) could join Levein's backroom staff.  I would have no objection to that.

I think you might have diverted attention from the topic there!

Tommy Brown
50 minutes ago, Sharky999 said:

Aye.

He passed away last year. I really liked him as a PE teacher.

He started when I was in 1st or 2nd year 75 or 76. Liked wee Jack. Miss Mearns was my reg teacher. Wow

Bumped into Jim Murray a lot after school. Really good guy.

Edited by Tommy Brown

See when she was at Hampden, I hope she did the hoosework and made her man's grub before she left the hoose.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Four faces said:

She pinpointed things in the 1st half E.g Lee finding space between the lines and not being used.Where'as Thompson slated incorrectly Mulraney's final ball.Thompson is a F****** balloon.Always looks to me like he's just fell out of river island's shop windea.

Aye, some on here should take note. 

Talked more sense in about 5 sentences than some have done on here for 5 years. ?

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Did I suggest that?

If a man applied to be our manager with her CV he would not get the job.

Fair point. 

She shouldn't get it now because she wouldn't e the best candidate that applied. 

I wouldn't want Hearts to be first to do this either. 

I would have no objection to her being a coach or reserve manager tho, I'd she was the best candidate. 

If it fails it would women chances of getting a male football managers gig back centuries. 

Wouldn't rush it and make sure if and when a club do it that she has all the chances to do a good job

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Also not too sure how it would work in the dressing room. Are men not entitled to privacy now?

Video link with her next door.:lol: