• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Jodami

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If any club was going to do this, it'd be us. 

Huge respect for Shelley Kerr but not yet. Would love to see her (and other female coaches) ply their trade in the men's game though. 

We reach the Scottish cup final today and we’re now embracing diversity on the back of it.

womens football is shite. ??

11 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Not to me you haven't.

Shove yer drum annaw.

Only here mate! Enjoyed your day? 

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Only here mate! Enjoyed your day? 

Cracking day out!

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Cracking day out!

Certainly was, stress filled first half stress free second. Just get Naismith fit now please. 

1 hour ago, sum31uk said:

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

Seriously?

...a bit disco
Just now, Jodami said:

Certainly was, stress filled first half stress free second. Just get Naismith fit now please. 

Definitely!

Absolutely no problem if Shelley was deemed good enough to be part of the coaching team.

Then take it from there. 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

I thought she came across very well as a pundit. She knows her stuff and has previously managed men’s teams, It was pleasing to hear she’s a big Jambo but she was still very objective in her analysis.

That said, I think it will be a while before we see a woman managing professional men’s teams, if ever.

She was also much more incisive in her analysis than the Waldorf Brothers.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Yes, excellent track record in her field. Knows the game and a PHW. What's not to like? 

This.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

:lol:

Didn't see Sportscene but I know who they'll be. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

She came across very well. 

SpruceBringsteen

Wouldn't bother me, watched Scotland beat Brazil and it was decent football. Male players wouldn't listen to/learn from her however, so absolutely pointless.

If she is qualified enough to do the job and take us to another level then 

why not why in this day and age should this even be an issue 

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Shelley has already managed a men's team (Stirling Uni) If she's good enough her gender is immaterial.

I know a couple of people who rate her very highly...I would be open to it.

??

Nookie Bear

She is managing at a level way beneath where we are so, if gender is not an issue, why are we not employing coaches from Stirling Uni to take over our u-18s?

C’mon, we've has a cracking day so why spoil it with this nonsense?

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

She came across very well and a good shout for a coach or assistant manger. Ann is trail blazer so it would not surprise me.

This is where I would start. She’s also clearly got a good working relationship with AM. She also doesn’t have the lack of personality IC suffered from. Would have no issue if we brought her into our team

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

She is managing at a level way beneath where we are so, if gender is not an issue, why are we not employing coaches from Stirling Uni to take over our u-18s?

C’mon, we've has a cracking day so why spoil it with this nonsense?

Are the qualifications the same ones the men do. Id assume they are but not something I know

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Are the qualifications the same ones the men do. Id assume they are but not something I know

I assume she has the same coaching qualifications as the men. 

She's had a UEFA Pro licence for over 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume she has the same coaching qualifications as the men. 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

She's had a UEFA Pro licence for over 5 years. 

Then if she has the personality to come in n work her way up. Why not? She’d need to earn the respect so part of the coaching set up would be the most sensible step as some of the guys would no doubt struggle with it. However i reckon it would be a tiny percentage now compared to even 5years ago.

1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

That would be a World first in top flight men’s football I believe? As I said before hearts are not an experiment,we’re a serious football club, if we were to appoint Kerr she would have to prove herself at another men’s professional team first and that’s that. Let’s say she does do that and wins a Scottish cup for example with another men’s team then yes I’d be all for it, but we can’t risk another “cathro” moment again.

Nope, Chan Yuen-ting took Eastern to the asian champions league qualifying rounds having won the hong kong premier league!

I visited hong kong a few times and due to FM games keep a vague eye on football there. Eastern I think are a pro club. They hadn't won the league for 20-odd years, no small feat

Then if she has the personality to come in n work her way up. Why not? She’d need to earn the respect so part of the coaching set up would be the most sensible step as some of the guys would no doubt struggle with it. However i reckon it would be a tiny percentage now compared to even 5years ago.

Apart from Levein, no one has a Pro Licence in our coaching team. The quality of the coaching is one of the main reasons we are so poor to watch. I think as long as her ideas were good enough and the coaching sessions and overall strategy were well defined then players would now be much more willing to listen. The world has moved on from the macho attitude of players in the past. If its good they will respect it. 

Just now, Jodami said:

Apart from Levein, no one has a Pro Licence in our coaching team. The quality of the coaching is one of the main reasons we are so poor to watch. I think as long as her ideas were good enough and the coaching sessions and overall strategy were well defined then players would now be much more willing to listen. The world has moved on from the macho attitude of players in the past. If its good they will respect it. 

Indeed , Always wonder why GL is not involved in the coaching set up aswell. 

I thought her analysis was way ahead of Stewart and Thomson, both in terms of where the teams were coming up short and how to address the problems. 

The improvement in the Scottish national team he’s been striking since she took over.

scott herbertson

Worth it just to read the seethe on here

Seriously, she came across very well in the pre- match and half time analysis. Couldn't be worse than half the neandethals who get mentione dfor the big jobs in Scottish football

Finlay James

I'm not against it in principle but I'd worry about the ability to handle pressure with the men's game.  I've no doubt she is a good coach but the pressure in the women's game does not compare.

Id be more than happy to see her coach our reserves to see how she fared and take it from there.

3 hours ago, steven_mck said:

Would attract even more women to the game. And has international level experience. Why not be bold and give it a go? 

Why not, worth trying - would be better than Rixxy  ?

Bazzas right boot

Tbh, I wouldn't want her as a manager. 

Too much of a circus would accompany it. 

However, as a coach or number 2 I'd have no issue with it. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ethan14 said:

I'm a big jambo aswell could do a job

I've seen your posts, naw ya couldnae. ?

3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think women are ready for the abuse and pressure of managing in the male football world though.

Why not? We've got a woman running the country, plus a female First Minister. Both are fouling it up alarmingly, but look at Thatcher...

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

That would be a World first in top flight men’s football I believe? As I said before hearts are not an experiment,we’re a serious football club, if we were to appoint Kerr she would have to prove herself at another men’s professional team first and that’s that. Let’s say she does do that and wins a Scottish cup for example with another men’s team then yes I’d be all for it, but we can’t risk another “cathro” moment again.

If she won a sc with another man's team ( unless celtic) it means we've missed out and she'd be on to bigger things. 

Ffs, think about it. ??

If she is our next manager it would be for no other reason than the fact she is female and for some reason that is ok with people.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
27 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If she won a sc with another man's team ( unless celtic) it means we've missed out and she'd be on to bigger things. 

Ffs, think about it. ??

Nah,if she won with a st Johnstone or a Falkirk then she wouldn’t exactly be headed straight to the English premiership. Anyway it’s all conjecture at this point. Our next manager should be proven and low risk.

This is not the place for another experimental manager. The Cathro debacle should have taught us that any manager must have a proven record of results in professional, top level football, a proven record of making signings and building a team and a proven record of achieving on a budget.

If she has done those things successfully at a smaller Scottish club and she's the best person for the job then I'd give her a go.

Until she's gotten Ayr promoted or something similar, her and any other novice or amateur is not worth considering.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I thought she came across very well as a pundit. She knows her stuff and has previously managed men’s teams, It was pleasing to hear she’s a big Jambo but she was still very objective in her analysis.

That said, I think it will be a while before we see a woman managing professional men’s teams, if ever.

She did an excellent job.

Very good comments all day and she had a presence as a pundit too

See no reason to change the management at Hearts, but if she does get a job in the men's game it would very interesting to see what she did and how she got on

Edited by rudi must stay

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Nah,if she won with a st Johnstone or a Falkirk then she wouldn’t exactly be headed straight to the English premiership. Anyway it’s all conjecture at this point. Our next manager should be proven and low risk.

We'd be cursing tho about a missed opportunity. 

Saints or Falkirk ain't winning the sc within the next 50 years either. 

I agree, but as a number two or part of the coaching team, no issue at all. 

I could see it happening. Ann Budge is clearly trying to get us at a level where both male & females are equal at the club. Kerr is very well thought of by everyone at Hearts and has a great relationship with CL & AM. It's the kind of thing i could see Hearts doing to bring positive publicity to us for getting women involved more in mens football. 

4 hours ago, Hercules said:

We reach the Scottish cup final today and we’re now embracing diversity on the back of it.

womens football is shite. ??

It's not even that good. 

5 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

She’s got good jambo roots,Brought up in Polbeth & went to West Calder High. 

She even played football with the boys at PE,it was like Gregory’s Girl ?

true story,I was there - ps,dinnae call her Michelle ?

I never knew that, nice to hear. 

Chris robertson the PE teacher would have loved having somebody of that calibre in the school.