Shelley Kerr - Future Hearts Manager?

sum31uk

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Jodami

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tynecastlesmychurch

Don't think it will happen at any top flight or championship clubs around Europe for a good while yet. But personally I'd be fine with it. If your good enough etc etc.

fabienleclerq

If she's good enough then absolutely. 

I wonder if there is as big a gap in coaching standards as there is in playing ones though? I doubt we would take a punt on someone who hasn't coached in the men's game. 

SwindonJambo

I thought she came across very well as a pundit. She knows her stuff and has previously managed men’s teams, It was pleasing to hear she’s a big Jambo but she was still very objective in her analysis.

That said, I think it will be a while before we see a woman managing professional men’s teams, if ever.

Edited by SwindonJambo

jimmy the jambo

She’s got good jambo roots,Brought up in Polbeth & went to West Calder High. 

She even played football with the boys at PE,it was like Gregory’s Girl ?

true story,I was there - ps,dinnae call her Michelle ?

2 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Women's pro football is public park level.

No thanks. 

Watched the England V Spain match last week I wish Hearts players could control and pass a ball as good as the Spanish women could.

Perth to Paisley

Shelley has already managed a men's team (Stirling Uni) If she's good enough her gender is immaterial.

I know a couple of people who rate her very highly...I would be open to it.

5 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

No thanks. 

The USA side got beaten off an under 15 boys team in a warm up

game a while back in prep for a major tournament. 

jimmy the jambo
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I think she'd need to do an apprenticeship as an assistant.

She done that already at Stoneyburn Juniors ?

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Watched the England V Spain match last week I wish Hearts players could control and pass a ball as good as the Spanish women could.

That game was played at Swindon, half a mile from my work. It attracted a crowd of 11,000, twice what Swindon Town get at a run of the mill home game. The town centre and magic roundabout were gridlocked. 

Standards in women’s football are definitely improving with several professional national  leagues.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

That game was played at Swindon, half a mile from my work. It attracted a crowd of 11,000, twice what Swindon Town get at a run of the mill home game. The town centre and magic roundabout were gridlocked. 

Standards in women’s football are definitely improving with several professional national  leagues.

Aye was a cracking crowd.

It's only a question of time before someone takes a chance on a leading woman manager. No chance we could ever recruit a male manager who got a team to a World Cup. Well regarded by many people as a coach. 

Her desire to succeed would be intensified as she would be a pioneer as a top flight manager in the UK. More inspiring than most of the shouts I have heard for next manager and infinitely preferable to the coaching staff we have in place. 

August Landmesser

Yes, excellent track record in her field. Knows the game and a PHW. What's not to like? 

Unknown user

If she proves herself in lower leagues I don't see why not, but she'd need that kind of credibility in the men's game before she'd command the necessary respect in the changing room IMO.

adambraejambo

When she stops with Scotland maybe bring her in as a u18 manager. Give her a few years with the youngsters and let them get to know her. If she a success then let her progress with the team to u21/reserve manager. So if she ever appointed 1st team manager the backbone of our squad will know and respect her and fight for her. No way straight in as no 1. 

SwindonJambo
10 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

All for it if she was the person for the job until I saw she played for and managed Hibs. No thanks.

She’s a born and bred Jambo.

jimmy the jambo
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If she proves herself in lower leagues I don't see why not, but she'd need that kind of credibility in the men's game before she'd command the necessary respect in the changing room IMO.

The board took a massive risk with the Cathro appointment & it wouldn’t surprise me if Ann Budge took a shine to this idea too bringing in a female coach.

The Cathro experiment didn’t work out to good obviously and I just think the poor PR we had from then would stop this type of thinking until an English team tried it first.

Would attract even more women to the game. And has international level experience. Why not be bold and give it a go? 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

That would be a World first in top flight men’s football I believe? As I said before hearts are not an experiment,we’re a serious football club, if we were to appoint Kerr she would have to prove herself at another men’s professional team first and that’s that. Let’s say she does do that and wins a Scottish cup for example with another men’s team then yes I’d be all for it, but we can’t risk another “cathro” moment again.

Would be the same circus as Cathro, media would go mental. Kris Boyd would have a field day. I wouldn't mind if she was a top manager but it would be drama.

She came across very well and a good shout for a coach or assistant manger. Ann is trail blazer so it would not surprise me.

Edited by tcjambo

Dallas Green

Would see if she could coach the reserves or unders first.

If she is good enough, her gender shouldn't matter.

gashauskis9
30 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

No thanks. 

Today I watched a professional footballer in a Hearts top run with the ball then stop to look at his feet to check whether he still had the ball.

The women’s game will catch up fast enough, believe me.

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes.  For the seethe.   Then immediately shown where the hoover is kept.

I would say that this sort of humour belongs in the 1970s, but then again I doubt it was even funny then. 

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Michael Stewart? ticks all the same boxes (& no I'm not being serious)

Michael Stewart has no managerial experience. Shelley Kerr does.

39 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

No thanks. 

Diversity training course? 

...a bit disco
43 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Been banging this drum for a few weeks... 

Not to me you haven't.

Shove yer drum annaw.

Cruyff Turn

I think she’d have to coach in men’s football first.

The problem for me isn’t her gender but the level of woman’s football compared to men’s. 

It’s not only that but say we did appoint her and she failed miserably, what would that say about woman coaches? No one would ever give another woman a chance ever again.

If she can prove herself as a coach in league 1 or the Championship here in Scotland as a good coach then it would be a yes from me. Like others have said, it would be Ian Cathro territory and an enormous gamble which I don’t believe is something we should be looking at ever again. 

47 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

Revealed on the BBC today that she is a big jambo. She has a great managerial CV and is currently doing a fantastic job for Scotland. 

Would Hearts fans welcome her as manager once Levein hangs up his umbro baseball cap?

Clearly a wind up ?????

40 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Would be quite a nice change. People would be on her back immediately though, for all the wrong reasons.

Just like Hillary Clinton. 

Just now, Hercules said:

Clearly a wind up ?????

Women excel in all other sections of society. Why not in football? 

Cruyff Turn
44 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

No thanks. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/amp/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

Best woman’s team in the world hammered 5-2 by an u15’s American boys team. ?

Its about levels, not about her gender though.