Uche V Zeefuik

bigis semiauskas

If he's wanting to get back into football surely we have room for Zeefuik as a project?  His finishing ability was incredible.  When you think about the non-scoring supposed strikers we've signed like Sammon and Maclean it makes me pine for someone like Zeefuik who just wanted to score goals.

Uche is a Levein type of forward. Hulking, battling, barging but unable to make a decent pass and a 50:50 chance that his shots will end up in the Gorgie stand. On the positive side I think CL also brought in another CF called Vanecek but he seems to have been given a highly paid six month holiday,

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Bednar and Jankauskis were quality players. Janny was a Champions League winner ffs. To compare either of them to Uche & Zeefuik beggars belief. Both big battering rams , but watching Uche trying to control the ball at times is laughable.  No comparison whatsoever

All four are big guys, so why does it beggar belief? You added nothing that I did not state myself. Besides, that wasn't even my point!

Edited by Spellczech

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

All four are big guys, so why does it beggar belief? You added nothing that I did not state myself. Besides, that wasn't even my point!

I've not added anything you stated..and that waan't your point??? Eh?  Are you disagreeing with yourself? Anyway, the comparison between Janny/Bednar and Zeefuik/Uche, as footballers, does indeed beggar belief. They may all be big guys but Zeefuik and Uche are also built like tanks. Zeefuik played at a lower level so whether or not he could do it at SPL level is moot. James Keatings or Gavin Reilly are proof of that pudding. Uche is there solely because of his sheer size, which imo, is far more suited to a rugby pitch than a football one. He gains us yards through sheer strength but he lacks the finesse to do any real damage. Defenders are beginning to sus him out now.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Coco said:

If he's wanting to get back into football surely we have room for Zeefuik as a project?  His finishing ability was incredible.  When you think about the non-scoring supposed strikers we've signed like Sammon and Maclean it makes me pine for someone like Zeefuik who just wanted to score goals.

Agreed

We should sign him up til end of season atleast 

maroonnicky63
On 13/04/2019 at 19:34, Bauld said:

I think this team would smash our championship team.

I wish we could put Zeefuiks ability to finish into Uche. What a player that would be.

Not a chance in hell, the championship team were class when they turned it on

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I've not added anything you stated..and that waan't your point??? Eh?  Are you disagreeing with yourself? Anyway, the comparison between Janny/Bednar and Zeefuik/Uche, as footballers, does indeed beggar belief. They may all be big guys but Zeefuik and Uche are also built like tanks. Zeefuik played at a lower level so whether or not he could do it at SPL level is moot. James Keatings or Gavin Reilly are proof of that pudding. Uche is there solely because of his sheer size, which imo, is far more suited to a rugby pitch than a football one. He gains us yards through sheer strength but he lacks the finesse to do any real damage. Defenders are beginning to sus him out now.

Jeez do you need it explained to you how to get out of bed in the morning too?

My point was simply that 2 big guys up front together worked for Burley and I find it suprising that nobody has tried it again since.  That's all. You then started going off at a tangent comparing the merits of Jankauskas and Bednar v Ikpeazu and Zeefuik in a disparaging manner, as if the second one even is a partnership that has ever existed let alone ones not separated by 13 years - and you are still doing it...ie You've missed the point entirely.

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Jeez do you need it explained to you how to get out of bed in the morning too?

My point was simply that 2 big guys up front together worked for Burley and I find it suprising that nobody has tried it again since.  That's all. You then started going off at a tangent comparing the merits of Jankauskas and Bednar v Ikpeazu and Zeefuik in a disparaging manner, as if the second one even is a partnership that has ever existed let alone ones not separated by 13 years - and you are still doing it...ie You've missed the point entirely.

Jeez, this is hard work. You are using "big guys" as a generic term . Zeefuik was overweight and Ikpeazu is built like a tank, unlike Janny and Bednar. They were football players who were signed for their football ability. Uche was signed for his size alone. Levein plays a long ball game and likes the ball to "stick". He probably also wanted to utilise his size while defending corners. In short, although they are all "tall", they are completely different players. I hope that explains things for you.

I really don't understand why we couldn't invite him across with the possibility of a contract. He's fat and unfit, we all know that. But he is effective, whether he would continue to be effective at this level is a different question which could be discovered in the summer via a trial. 

Zeefuik should be given a chance. People need to understand that a club like ours never, ever gets the full package in a modern player. We either have players that are decent but play with their head down and lack technical ability (Uche), are capable of moments of genius but disappear in run of the mill games (Djoum/ Lafferty/ Lee).

Zeefuik is a natural goalscorer with a natural knack of finishing much like Boyd. Invest the time and resources in him and we could reap the rewards big time. 

If we're 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go Genero Zeefuik is exactly who i'd want to be able to throw on. 

18 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Jeez, this is hard work. You are using "big guys" as a generic term . Zeefuik was overweight and Ikpeazu is built like a tank, unlike Janny and Bednar. They were football players who were signed for their football ability. Uche was signed for his size alone. Levein plays a long ball game and likes the ball to "stick". He probably also wanted to utilise his size while defending corners. In short, although they are all "tall", they are completely different players. I hope that explains things for you.

FFS you're like a broken record. You seem to understand that I am using big guys as a generic term but then you again disappear into the specifics of the named players once more, totally ignoring that I am using big guys as a generic term. I know fine well that Jani and Bednar were far better footballers than either Zeefuik or Uche. But that still is not my point. 

If you respond to someone's post, especially in a rude and disparaging manner, at least have the courtesy to address their point and not your misconception of their point, especially when your misinterpretation has been pointed out to you...

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

FFS you're like a broken record. You seem to understand that I am using big guys as a generic term but then you again disappear into the specifics of the named players once more, totally ignoring that I am using big guys as a generic term. I know fine well that Jani and Bednar were far better footballers than either Zeefuik or Uche. But that still is not my point. 

If you respond to someone's post, especially in a rude and disparaging manner, at least have the courtesy to address their point and not your misconception of their point, especially when your misinterpretation has been pointed out to you...

What is your point Spellczech? And please point out where I have been "rude and disparaging,"?

It was very simple. It wasn't about Jani & Bednar v Zeefuik & Uche; It wasn't about Levein; It wasn't even about Hearts...

It was simply that in Scottish football, Burley discovered that 2 big front men can cause havoc. This havoc made space for Hartley and Skacel as attacking midfielders. I merely questioned why no manager since 2005 has tried playing with 2 big strikers?

Think Uche is part of our problem and is an endorsement of Leveins only tactic. Would be interesting to see if a progressive coach played a guy who can’t header, control or pass the ball.

Juries out on Vanacek but from what I have seen, would prefer that type of striker every time 

Cathro’s Da

Never really understood the hype for Uche. The guys big and strong but in no way at all is he a good footballer. He gives 100% and that is why a lot of the support love him. 2 league goals this season in 13 apps is well below average. 

• 7 months later...
On 14/04/2019 at 02:17, Gorgieshed said:

It's a simple answer Uche by a mile. Zeeifuk would have been lost in this team, Uche stands out. 

Still sure about that?

On 14/04/2019 at 18:26, OTT said:

I'd love us to get big zee in over the summer. Assess his fitness and see if he could make an impact.

Firmly believe he's one of the best natural finishers we've seen. A little bit of work on our side with minimal risk could net us huge returns.

Is that you Craig?! Another experiment 👎🏻

Our team are the equivalent of a part time team, or worse. In my opinion. Our Championship team would smash this team imo, this team can't pass, can't score and can't defend. The current team would struggle to survive in the championship.

48 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Our team are the equivalent of a part time team, or worse. In my opinion. Our Championship team would smash this team imo, this team can't pass, can't score and can't defend. The current team would struggle to survive in the championship.

People should resist the urge to slate the team until they have seen them with a decent manager in charge. 

Hat-trick in a couple of minutes.

I’d give my right nut for something like that now.  (And yes, I know it was against posties but it was great) 

It depends on which Uche turns up. If it’s the Uche v Rangers at Tynecastle then it’s a no brainer. Zeefuik was a natural goal scorer but was never tested in the premier league. 

Zeefuik had a problem with his weight didn't he? If he'd had half of Uche's commitment to training he would have been a great player. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Zeefuik had a problem with his weight didn't he? If he'd had half of Uche's commitment to training he would have been a great player. 

He did at a point to be fair. 12 caps and 10 goals for Holland under 21’s isn’t exactly a fluke, something clearly went ‘wrong’ at Groningen though.

On 20/04/2019 at 10:37, Natural Orders said:

Agreed

We should sign him up til end of season atleast 

It would take him that long to shift the weight. 

He can train with us for free perhaps. 

On 13/04/2019 at 19:51, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Zeefuik done nothing at all outside the box

King, Nicholson, Holt, Walker, Sow, Buaben, Gomis, Pallardo, Paterson all did the leg work. 

Watch some of the highlights too and you'll see Zeefuik linking up. A proper penalty box finisher who stepped up in Sows absence. 

Uche has no close control and isn't a great finisher. Things you need from a target man. 

kingantti1874

Zeefuik was Massively out of shape but had more talent in his small toe

in terms of footballing ability they aren’t even on the same planet

typical hearts - we find a natural goal scorer and get rid of him when we should have doubled down and got the guy fitter.. same with lafferty, find a goal scorer, don’t sign him when he wants to come back 

Edited by kingantti1874

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Zeefuik was Massively out of shape but had more talent in his small toe

in terms of footballing ability they aren’t even on the same planet

typical hearts - we find a natural goal scorer and get rid of him when we should have doubled down and got the guy fitter.. same with lafferty, find a goal scorer, don’t sign him when he wants to come back 

Yup. I said at the time, we should have been on to him straight away after he got turfed out of the Turkish club. 

We cannot afford 11 Steven Naismiths. Zeefuik, unlike Clare had both talent and bottle. It was just fitness(ish) that he lacked. Had we invested the time in getting him fit and sharp we'd have saw a return. Instead we wasted time on misfiring strikers and inept midfielders.

Although he's only 29, we could have grabbed him in 2016 and had a 26 year old. Instead we waste time with Juanma, Vanecek, Uche, Maclean, Wighton. I think now the horse has bolted. But had we moved for him then we'd have had probably the best natural finisher at the club since Robbo. Instead we got the aforementioned charlatans. 

Last 2 strikers we had who liked like they could be 20-a season men for Hearts, we failed to sign permanently...Lee Miller and Zeefuik.

On 14/04/2019 at 17:55, Uncle Buck said:

Our Championship side is nowhere near as good as this team. Player for player miles better off now. I’d only have Paterson and maybe Sow back in this team.

Maybe better players now but that team could play together.

Who did we add first season back up?

Rossi?

Augustin?

Championship team would hammer this lot.

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

Maybe better players now but that team could play together.

Who did we add first season back up?

Rossi?

Augustin?

Championship team would hammer this lot.

I was talking absolute shite.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was talking absolute shite.

Agreed

our championship team would be much better than this pile of 💩 

7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It would take him that long to shift the weight. 

He can train with us for free perhaps. 

He wouldn’t shift weight at Hearts, we can’t be strict about it, for example Demi Mitchell was in the ASDA on Chester Ave. buying sweets several times a week, and there are others. 

On 07/12/2019 at 13:02, Spellczech said:

Last 2 strikers we had who liked like they could be 20-a season men for Hearts, we failed to sign permanently...Lee Miller and Zeefuik.

Loved Lee Miller for us and was disappointed when Bristol City nabbed him.

But the Mad one signed Janny, Bednar, Pospisil and a midfield goal machine called Rudi Skacel :lol: