Uche V Zeefuik

bigis semiauskas

bigis semiauskas

Like big Uche but still think our Championship  team had more about them,

Zeefuik was a natural finisher, whereas Uche is just a bit hit and hope  kind of player.

But that’s where we are at the moment with recent signings. 

I think this team would smash our championship team.

I wish we could put Zeefuiks ability to finish into Uche. What a player that would be.

Fort Vallance

Totally different players. Both of them have their own positives. Zeefuick would score in the top league. But can you imagine the carnage  Uche would have caused in the second tier.

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Zeefuik done nothing at all outside the box

But then again, scoring goals is what wins games.

kingantti1874

As an athlete obviously no contest uche >zee,

as as a footballer and a finisher zee > uche.. he had tremdous balance, absolute and his finishing was superb.. he was utterly unplayable at times.. that last game against rangers ..

2 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

Zeefuik was a natural finisher, whereas Uche is just a bit hit and hope  kind of player.

Great point imo.... Two similar players. Think I'd go for uche for overall but no doubt zeefuick was a great goalscorer. His performance against rangers in the championship was as good as an impact as I've seen 

Not involving any of the two players mentioned, but I did not know that Osman Sow was playing for Dundee United.

He did very little in the televised match against Ayr United a few days ago.

The Internet
38 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I don't dislike Zeefuik, but he was playing against posties. 

also scored 3 in 2 v rangers. 

Finlay James

Uche will have the better career and I'd have him over Zeefuik all day long.  He is unplayable at times.  

Uche is all strength, power and he works incredibly hard, but his touch is poor and he doesn't have a strikers instinct. 

Zeefuik was slow, immobile and a bit fat but he had that rare instinct and ability to hit it well and early 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

Why does this post have just a wee bit of a #obo feel to it. The last sentence is a dead giveaway. Or am I mistaken?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

I wish we could put Zeefuiks ability to finish into Uche. What a player that would be.

Yip

And as a side note, imagine Uche in the championship........ 

Allot of folk still don't understand the championship is a lower level of football. 

We were to the championship what Celtic are to the top league. 

Quite an achievement for us with Rangers and Hibs in it who should have been allot closer to us. 

queensferryjambo
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Zeefuik done nothing at all outside the box

He certainly started lots of the moves in midfield that led to goals. He certainly scored a few from outside the box did he not?

I personally thought he was excellent outside of the area and that was his whole game.

My recollection of him was he stood and took the ball in the midfield either turned and charged into an area where he could shoot OR took the ball in midfield and got it quickly out to the wingers then turned and ran into area hoping for the ball to be returned back into the box.

He was excellent at creating his own space after laying the ball off from midfield.

rudi must stay

Would rather have Uche 

Much more to his game than Zeefuik had. With his pace (or lack of it) I couldn't imagine Zeefuik doing anything in the SPL

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Tough call-Uche is a more dedicated athlete but zeefuik the more gifted player. Uche for me though because he works harder-big zee was just too overweight for a top level athlete. There’s a reason for that and it’s because he doesn’t work hard enough. If you do 3 mile runs every day after training like Steven Pressley did at hearts then you’re not going to be fat as a professional footballer I don’t care how slow your metabolism is.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Still delivered though. :smuggy:

Brighton Jambo

Zeefuik scored plenty but so many were six yard box finishes.  I don’t recall him doing anywhere near as much as Uche outside the box in terms of hassling defenders, running channels etc.  He also scored a high percentage of his goals against bottom half of championship opposition.  

I liked Zeefuik but it's impossible to judge considering he played half a season In the championship rather than the Premiership. Uche would have a field day at that level

In the championship we played with quite often three attacking midfielders (Walker, King & Nicholson) behind a striker. Plenty chances created. 

I think it’s harsh to compare as we don’t have anywhere near the same creativity. It’s the one and only thing we should be focused on in the summer. Wingers please, pacey wingers!

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I thought he was first class. :rolleyes:

Could  put it in the postage stamp corner as well. 

On a side issue, isn’t vanacek wearing Zeefuicks old shorts? 

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Ranggers and hibs were really no worse than 6 or 7 of the premiership teams that season. I think what ze would have done okay in the top league and possibly even very well. 

13 hours ago, Bauld said:

This team on the whole have struggled against bottom 6 teams, i just couldnt see in a million years how they would smash the championship team.

Our Championship side is nowhere near as good as this team. Player for player miles better off now. I’d only have Paterson and maybe Sow back in this team.

I'd love us to get big zee in over the summer. Assess his fitness and see if he could make an impact.

Firmly believe he's one of the best natural finishers we've seen. A little bit of work on our side with minimal risk could net us huge returns.

Would love to see Uche & Zeefuik as a front 2 together. Would be the pumping iron equivalent of the technical battering ram duo of Jani & Bednar...

Burley proved until Bednar's injury that a pair of big guys can be constructively destructive in Scottish football. No idea why nobody has tried it again since.

23 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

This team is playing at a higher level.

A fact conveniently forgotten by some.

Most of the players from the Championship side are now playing at a lower level.

Uche would have ripped the Championship apart imo.

gorgie rd eh11
On 13/04/2019 at 19:33, bigis semiauskas said:

:teehee:  

Do people really take this bollocks seriously.

Enzo Chiefo
On 14/04/2019 at 19:07, Spellczech said:

Would love to see Uche & Zeefuik as a front 2 together. Would be the pumping iron equivalent of the technical battering ram duo of Jani & Bednar...

Burley proved until Bednar's injury that a pair of big guys can be constructively destructive in Scottish football. No idea why nobody has tried it again since.

Bednar and Jankauskis were quality players. Janny was a Champions League winner ffs. To compare either of them to Uche & Zeefuik beggars belief. Both big battering rams , but watching Uche trying to control the ball at times is laughable.  No comparison whatsoever

On 13/04/2019 at 11:33, bigis semiauskas said:

Zeefuik also played for us against mostly part time defenders and terrible goalies in the Championship, so there's that. Uche would have also ripped up that league. I do agree Zeefuik seemed more of a goalscorer whereas Uche brings more to the team. I'd see the 2014/15 Zeefuik as a partner rather than alternative for Uche.

Thought Police

Zeefuik did score quite a few in the championship, but hasn’t Uche scored against every lower league opponent he’s played this season?

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Bednar and Jankauskis were quality players. Janny was a Champions League winner ffs. To compare either of them to Uche & Zeefuik beggars belief. Both big battering rams , but watching Uche trying to control the ball at times is laughable.  No comparison whatsoever

Zeefuik wasn't a battering ram but he was a clever player with a  pedigree even if his physique let him down.

He was miles better than Uche who can't get his head up for a minute to pass the ball. 

I do agree Bednar & Janny were far superior to what we're seeing now but we can't afford those kind of players any more. 

Uche is way behind all of these guys. Miles behind. 

18 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Zeefuik wasn't a battering ram but he was a clever player with a  pedigree even if his physique let him down.

He was miles better than Uche who can't get his head up for a minute to pass the ball. 

I do agree Bednar & Janny were far superior to what we're seeing now but we can't afford those kind of players any more. 

Uche is way behind all of these guys. Miles behind. 

Zeefuik was a revelation and a very important and timely signing. Kudos to whoever scouted and signed him.

However it's impossible to judge players from that season. Players, especially forwards, always seems to have so much time and space on the ball compared to the Premiership. And the goalies were dire. I don't think I've ever seen so many long-range goals from a Hearts team in one season. I did want us to sign him. He had power and an eye for goal but it's noticeable he's done nothing since. At least Sow proved he was a good player by doing well in the Premiership for us.

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Zeefuik also played for us against mostly part time defenders and terrible goalies in the Championship, so there's that. Uche would have also ripped up that league. I do agree Zeefuik seemed more of a goalscorer whereas Uche brings more to the team. I'd see the 2014/15 Zeefuik as a partner rather than alternative for Uche.

Who were the part time teams that season?  Not sure why we have a constant desire to undervalue what we did that season. For the alternative route see Dundee United, Hibs, Partick Thistle and Rangers. It was a brilliant achievement and the standout players, Walker, Sow & Paterson, were all standouts in the Premiership and subsequently got their moves. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

It's not even a contest. Uche all day long. Zeefuik could finish but that was it and let's be honest, he got away with his physical condition against poor opposition.

And they absolutely are not "similar players" btw.