Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Never Let Them Forget
14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Some interesting things happening soon. Naismith staying is one of those. 

Things getting intressting! What other things happening Daza?

Edited by Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

How soon Darren? 

heartsfc_fan
30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

:pleasing:

copa-mundial
29 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Between yourself and Notts. I love reading what you both have to say. Theres no doubting you both have inside info. 

Naismith staying and being announced will be a huge lift giving current circumstance. 

Anything else you can shed some light on daza or Notts, that may put a bit more life back into the fans? 

Cheers

CloustonHMFC
8 hours ago, Jodami said:

The obsession surrounding Naismith is a wee bit embarrassing. There are more significant issues that really need to be addressed at the club. 

Arguably our best player in about 10 years and we have a chance of signing him permanently. Obviously people are going to be excited and I think signing him up on a longer term contract is on the biggest significant issues at our club at the moment, his influence is second to none. If you’re embarrassed by that, I’ve no idea how you get by in this world. 

6 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Arguably our best player in about 10 years and we have a chance of signing him permanently. Obviously people are going to be excited and I think signing him up on a longer term contract is on the biggest significant issues at our club at the moment, his influence is second to none. If you’re embarrassed by that, I’ve no idea how you get by in this world. 

He will be 33 in September, has missed a large part of the season due to a knee injury which worryingly has reoccurred in non impact incidents twice and will in his own words last night most probably miss the remainder of the season. When he hasn't played this season we have been very poor, I dread to think what the average points won in games he has played vs when he's been injured. I can understand trying to sign him because he is a fine player but pinning our future hopes and strategy on a player his age with the injury question mark is for me embarrassing. I would be very concerned about offering him any more than 2 years and there must be a Scotland retiral clause in there as well. If we were signing him as the icing on the cake of an already solid team then that would be great but if we keep the current management team it will most probably be Naismith or bust again next season. 

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He will be 33 in September, has missed a large part of the season due to a knee injury which worryingly has reoccurred in non impact incidents twice and will in his own words last night most probably miss the remainder of the season. When he hasn't played this season we have been very poor, I dread to think what the average points won in games he has played vs when he's been injured. I can understand trying to sign him because he is a fine player but pinning our future hopes and strategy on a player his age with the injury question mark is for me embarrassing. I would be very concerned about offering him any more than 2 years and there must be a Scotland retiral clause in there as well. If we were signing him as the icing on the cake of an already solid team then that would be great but if we keep the current management team it will most probably be Naismith or bust again next season. 

Here's the thing. If we weren't offering a deal you would have a go at the club as well.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Jodami said:

The obsession surrounding Naismith is a wee bit embarrassing. There are more significant issues that really need to be addressed at the club. 

It's a Naismith thread. 

What do you propose we discuss? 

Plenty other threads to address your significant issues. ??

Or start your own gibbering thread. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Talk of us trying to lure Craig Bryson to us in the summer he also is currently out with an injury and will be 33 in November.

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Talk of us trying to lure Craig Bryson to us in the summer he also is currently out with an injury and will be 33 in November.

We,were talking to him long before he got injured on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Here's the thing. If we weren't offering a deal you would have a go at the club as well.

Here's the thing. If we had a cohesive strategy then I wouldn't be concerned either way. It's interesting that we are happy to criticise chairmen of other clubs for trying every trick to convince fans to buy season tickets but say nothing when we hold back announcing contracts for Naismith and Haring until the first week of the public sale window. 

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Here's the thing. If we had a cohesive strategy then I wouldn't be concerned either way. It's interesting that we are happy to criticise chairmen of other clubs for trying every trick to convince fans to buy season tickets but say nothing when we hold back announcing contracts for Naismith and Haring until the first week of the public sale window. 

Aye whatever.

Any opportunity to have a pop at the club. Weird behaviour.

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's been discussed on JKB before this thread.I've made comments along those lines myself.

Like I said last night, plenty of other threads to air your obvious(real or otherwise)grievances over Levein & Budge. 

If you look on the Ann Budge thread you'll find my comments are positive. I think the club is being run well and in many ways this is what exacerbates frustrations on the football side. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hope so.   Hope he signs soon.   The embarrassment is killing ays.     Aw the embarrassment.

I'm scared to leave the house such is my embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I couldn't make eye contact with the bus driver this morning.    Pretty sure all the passengers were sniggering as well.     

We,were talking to him long before he got injured on Saturday.

What difference does that make? When players get into their thrities most take longer to recover from injury no matter how well they have looked after thier bodies.

It's just a fact of life. I am not saying he wouldn't be a decent signing. My reply was relating to Jodami's post.

Just now, wavydavy said:

What difference does that make? When players get into their thrities most take longer to recover from injury no matter how well they have looked after thier bodies.

It's just a fact of life. I am not saying he wouldn't be a decent signing. My reply was relating to Jodami's post.

He wasn't injured when we were talking to him. Fairly big difference to be fair.

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He wasn't injured when we were talking to him. Fairly big difference to be fair.

Unless it was a career ending injury I am sure we would still talk to him with or without an injury.

As I said I don't see the significance of when we were or are talking to him. My point is that older players are often more prone to injuries and can take longer to recover. Naismith and Berra both struggled to get back to the form they were in pre injuries and look at their ages.

Edited by wavydavy

1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Naismith to sign and a couple of former players on the radar .

Whatever you do don't mention the name of one of the former players. The place will meltdown quicker than Ticketmaster ???

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Whatever you do don't mention the name of one of the former players. The place will meltdown quicker than Ticketmaster ???

Cheeky

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Some people will start posting Rudi-ly!

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Mmm.

Couple of former players who are creative...

Walker?

Nicholson?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can Naisy sort out my cup final ticket? If he can, he's in, if he cant he can go and share a training ball with Malaury Martin

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Fun Boaby said:

Wallace and Walker

We need another keeper but surely not Nicky Walker

It should have been ten
12 hours ago, Jodami said:

FE98DB61-79D8-47C8-9C76-08F34E78EF21.thumb.jpeg.31390eadf3295dde660d28c4957d7174.jpeg

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

FE98DB61-79D8-47C8-9C76-08F34E78EF21.thumb.jpeg.31390eadf3295dde660d28c4957d7174.jpeg

Indeed. Some people have totally lost the plot it seems. A good signing is a good signing regardless...

:sadrobbo:

Absolute Scenes

that's so embarrassing

11 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Wallace and Walker

I'd feel humiliated if we signed anyone while there are more significant issues at the club that are so significant I wont bother to mention what they are.

In fact, I'm embarrassed and ashamed that I'm writing this while people are starving in the world.  #FeedTheWorld #LeveinOut #JeSuisHogg 

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Got a seat on  the sleeper back up fromLondon on Sunday. Paid for a seat but the carriage had broken down so was upgraded to a sleeper cabin shared with another refugee. He happened to be a ST holder at Derby and we had a wee chat which got round to Bryson who he was raving about as their best player. I mentioned he’d been talked about for us. His response was that he had heard this, that he hoped he would stay with Derby but understood he wanted to come back to Scotland and basically wished him the best, great servant etc.

nothing in the know or revelatory, but he is a fans favourite and gives his all, so I am in, even if he is old and crocked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do we risk Naismith for the final then?  Having been confident we would see him, a long term deal, probably means we will be cautious and pray for miracles instead

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Funny was thinking similar Robbo

I’ve heard there’s a very good chance of this happening 

47 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Does Cummings count as a former player??

48 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Walkers one of them

1 minute ago, Barack said:

More seethe-worthy than that, if one of the names is true.

I include myself in that.

Lafferty

GorgieRules22
Just now, Barack said:

More seethe-worthy than that, if one of the names is true.

I include myself in that.

No for me.

Craig Gordon was paid to do a job at Celtic, still a massive Jambo.

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Does Cummings count as a former player??

Wonder if Luton might want to sign him after decent period on loan.