Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

3 hours ago, willie wallace said:

How is he is getting on fitness wise.Wjll he be ready for  the start of the season.

Looking forward to Naismith and Walker partnership banging in the goals?

Hopefully they will have one pair of fully fit knees between them.:lol:

CL sounding very positive that Naismith will sign. Likely doesn’t need saying again but I will anyway, a tremendous bit of business by Hearts if we can get him. Spotting the opportunity for a loan spell last year and even more so now that he has proven himself such an asset, admittedly when fit. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

So Naismith and Walker and that's all folks.

Happy with that because we've got to leave pathway for the likes of Irving, Cochrane, hickey , McDonald etc etc 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

CL sounding very positive that Naismith will sign. Likely doesn’t need saying again but I will anyway, a tremendous bit of business by Hearts if we can get him. Spotting the opportunity for a loan spell last year and even more so now that he has proven himself such an asset, admittedly when fit. 

We were actually trying to sign him outright from day 1. The deal couldn't go through in time as Norwich changed something or other so we quickly arranged a loan instead before the window closed .

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

That would be a great window!

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Happy with that because we've got to leave pathway for the likes of Irving, Cochrane, hickey , McDonald etc etc 

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That would be a great window!

Absolutely.

pettigrewsstylist
30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Presumably replace Djoum if he doesnt sign tho......

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Presumably replace Djoum if he doesnt sign tho......

Maybe the academy has come of age?

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

agree. (FWIW)

Just read on the BBC site that Levein is confident that Naismith will be signing in the next few days.  Terrific.

As previously posted, I was pretty gloomy  a few weeks ago when I read on .net that he was going to Hibs, we hadn't sold any season tickets and the new stand was a wreck.

Suddenly, it all seems so much brighter.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe the academy has come of age?

That would be extremley welcome but still dont see a natural leader in centre of pitch. 

We have two at the back and one up front. I’m sure they will spend a bit of time in the middle, so we should be fine.

9 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Would rather have Roy Walker than Jamie

7E93360F-6AE0-40C3-8BF1-BEFE6B13A1B0.thumb.jpeg.da7a92c111895597140442a986869c7e.jpeg

Another Northern Irishman no-one would be allowed to support.

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

When do we go to Ireland?

Him and Walker will be signed before then.

Sunday I think 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Sunday I think 

Didnt realises we had a game on the Monday.

My ITK contact confirmed that they both would be playing a part in the game agisnt Glenavon a week tomorrow.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

Didnt realises we had a game on the Monday.

My ITK contact confirmed that they both would be playing a part in the game agisnt Glenavon a week tomorrow.

Trailists perhaps 

I wish we could get a rating to go update from Hearts on Naismith.  I remember the Andy Driver injury went on for years.

portobellojambo1
22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I read a report which said he was training with us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48794407

He has been training with us, while still employed by Norwich, so they must have given their go ahead. I had posted that I'd heard that he would be signing on for us on Monday coming, effectively a month after his loan spell with us finished. But someone else said on here it wasn't true and that to get his extra 4 months payment (I think it is termed along the lines of  a 13th month payment or such like) he would have to stay unattached until 1 month after his contract with Norwich ended on 30 June. I guessed I'd been told wrong, and assumed the other poster was correct. However, if he does sign on Monday it would suggest he is content to give up the additional 4 weeks payment, which will mean he can also play for us in the League Cup ties from 12 July.

Edited by portobellojambo1

14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He has been training with us, while still employed by Norwich, so they must have given their go ahead. I had posted that I'd heard that he would be signing on for us on Monday coming, effectively a month after his loan spell with us finished. But someone else said on here it wasn't true and that to get his extra 4 months payment (I think it is termed along the lines of  a 13th month payment or such like) he would have to stay unattached until 1 month after his contract with Norwich ended on 30 June. I guessed I'd been told wrong, and assumed the other poster was correct. However, if he does sign on Monday it would suggest he is content to give up the additional 4 weeks payment, which will mean he can also play for us in the League Cup ties from 12 July.

Believe he missed out on the dunes last year also? So we may have an even fitter SN in a few days.

Can't wait for the announcement.

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Believe he missed out on the dunes last year also? So we may have an even fitter SN in a few days.

Can't wait for the announcement.

I think you have to assume that is down to his and our medical people neonjambo. I don't think he likes artificial surfaces either by all accounts, possibly too hard/unyielding. And it could be the case that running either up or down relatively soft sand isn't a good idea either. As long as he can get us functioning again and get a few goals on grass that is more than acceptable. Just seen a picture pop up on my Facebook showing Jamie Walker at Tynecastle holding up his top for the coming season, shirt number 10.

Edited by portobellojambo1

17 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

7E93360F-6AE0-40C3-8BF1-BEFE6B13A1B0.thumb.jpeg.da7a92c111895597140442a986869c7e.jpeg

Aye you've said!

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Aye you've said!

Aye once, what’s your point caller?!

Seen a rumour on Facebook must be true. Hes a brave man if he goes back to rangers they absolutely despise him 

a safe pair of sells
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 02:12, It should have been ten said:

oh, it's good, but it's not right!

Say what you seel

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, a safe pair of sells said:

oh, it's good, but it's not right!

Say what you seel

And see what you say :lol:

Kilmarnock still interested even under new management

Let's get this deal over the line asp (subject of course to the finances)

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Kilmarnock still interested even under new management

Let's get this deal over the line asp (subject of course to the finances)

Interested in putting down a grass pitch?

Where have you seen that? Pictures? 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interested in putting down a grass pitch?

Where have you seen that? Pictures? 

Maybe the new pitch has made a difference

NINTCHDBPICT000495455240.jpg.37614a88f243b2f0ae1620c2faddb59a.jpg

IMG-20190621-WA0006.jpg.5affceef24ba45f3086019d4dd9a7bf2.jpg

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Higher quality artificial pitch.

See how it is soon. 

Maybe Naismith told them what he could play on. 

Saying they are the first in the country to use this. Couldn't be any worse than their old one.

Heartsofgold
14 minutes ago, jambo1998 said:

This is what I said in my posts several pages back.  His contract was up on 30/6/19, the 13th month payment is dependent on him being 'legally' unattached through the '13th' month ie July, which means he cannot sign a contract until 1/8/19 if he wants to receive this pay off.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

This is what I said in my posts several pages back.  His contract was up on 30/6/19, the 13th month payment is dependent on him being 'legally' unattached through the '13th' month ie July, which means he cannot sign a contract until 1/8/19 if he wants to receive this pay off.

Does that rule him out the betfred cup games?

Heartsofgold
Just now, SectionN said:

Yes it will.  Certainly any ones in July.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Gives him plenty of time to recover if so, to be honest he wouldn't be ready for the first one anyway, if he is in prime condition for our first league game, it will do me, he shouldn't be needed for the other 3 section matches in truth

7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Makes sense then, I hadn't read your post. 

Blackshades
9 minutes ago, ericb said:

If he is in Scotland and CL is in Ireland, then no chance of an announcement this week,

If needed he can be back n Edinburgh from Ireland quicker than he could from most parts of Scotland so don't see a problem if he needs to come over

Alex Kintner
30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, surely there is nothing stopping Naismith playing as a trialist?

Apart from the risk of a serious injury

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Apart from the risk of a serious injury

and getting the players actually able to play in the League cup games match sharp