Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Won’t sign until well into July to get his payment? Another 6 weeks of this!

Believe it’s end of June. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

That's when his deal is up.  To get the 13th month payment he has to be a free agent until the end of July.

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

That's when his deal is up.  To get the 13th month payment he has to be a free agent until the end of July.

In that case even if fit he'll not be able play in the LC ties unless we can list him as a trialist?

Benny Factor
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Quite sure that's not the case. He just has to be unattached for a period of time. He'll be unattached on 1st July and we'll announce the permanent signing on 2nd July.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

In that case even if fit he'll not be able play in the LC ties unless we can list him as a trialist?

Correct.  We cannot play trialist's in Cup or League games.

Heartsofgold
Just now, EarnockJambo said:

Quite sure that's not the case. He just has to be unattached for a period of time. He'll be unattached on 1st July and we'll announce the permanent signing on 2nd July.

Not my understanding.  The 13th payment is designed as a 1 month holdover when a player has no club to join.  If he signs a contract within the '13th month' then this will not be paid.

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not my understanding.  The 13th payment is designed as a 1 month holdover when a player has no club to join.  If he signs a contract within the '13th month' then this will not be paid.

The 13th month takes it up until June 30th.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No it doesn't.  His contract with Norwich ends on the 30th, therefore month 13 is until 31st July.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

No it doesn't.  His contract with Norwich ends on the 30th, therefore month 13 is until 31st July.

I'm not so sure but we will find out soon enough.

We'll know when he signs. It still isn't entirely clear from that article though can see how it looks it could be August.

We'll also know from team selection in July. 

19 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

What about the people that insisted a contract was already signed & pre-dated for the 2nd July? Not long to wait now I suppose. 

On 16/06/2019 at 17:45, dazajmbo said:

I'm told the contract is on the desk dated the 2nd July and has already got the signatures required. 

So, if you guys below are correct, what does the above quoted post mean?

5 hours ago, kila said:

Won’t sign until well into July to get his payment? Another 6 weeks of this!

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

3 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll know when he signs. It still isn't entirely clear from that article though can see how it looks it could be August.

We'll also know from team selection in July. 

The main thing he is going to sign, still many people having breakdowns about it.

He is starting pre season training with us ffs.

What more do people need. :cornette_dog:

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The main thing he is going to sign, still many people having breakdowns about it.

He is starting pre season training with us ffs.

What more do people need. :cornette_dog:

Blood?

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

Blood?

:tt1: That's probably all that's left mate.

So tedious now.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Flappers all over the shop..

:oohmatron:

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:tt1: That's probably all that's left mate.

So tedious now.

:thumbsup:

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:oohmatron:

:thumbsup:

Maybe the fact that Levein has stated he is after 3 new attackers will change the subject Morgan.

Or then again maybe not. :jj_facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe the fact that Levein has stated he is after 3 new attackers will change the subject Morgan.

Or then again maybe not. :jj_facepalm:

:lol: 

Probably not RJ, probably not!

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm obviously missing something!

I think the inference is Naismith is dodging the dunes. 

FarmerTweedy
31 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Ahh, I see.

On a side note, coastal erosion has obviously hit Gullane hard!

Pasquale for King

His loan deal runs out on 30th of June, so he can train with us just now. His Norwich contract runs out on 30th of June, to get the 13th month payment of £150k he has to be unattached to any club. Does that mean he can’t train with us from the 30th of June until August? I don’t think you can blame Naismith and I’m sure he will sign, he’s pretty much said he will so does that affect the payment? I don’t expect anyone to know btw, im sure Naismith and his agent/lawyer will.

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His loan deal runs out on 30th of June, so he can train with us just now. His Norwich contract runs out on 30th of June, to get the 13th month payment of £150k he has to be unattached to any club. Does that mean he can’t train with us from the 30th of June until August? I don’t think you can blame Naismith and I’m sure he will sign, he’s pretty much said he will so does that affect the payment? I don’t expect anyone to know btw, im sure Naismith and his agent/lawyer will.

I wouldn’t think that it mattered who he trained with so long as he hasn’t signed a contract with any club in that period from July to August, he’s officially unattached to Norwich and not in contract with any other club so, imo only, he would still be entitled to the 13th month payment ??‍♂️

This make no sense to me.  Imagine if we could sign him for £150k.  Just pat it ourselves if it's a sticking point.  Absolute bargain.

jamtartan74
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This make no sense to me.  Imagine if we could sign him for £150k.  Just pat it ourselves if it's a sticking point.  Absolute bargain.

Or just see it out knowing that he is going to sign and save £150k? Do agree though that if it was a sticking point then it would be worth paying him the fee ourselves. 

5 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Or just see it out knowing that he is going to sign and save £150k? Do agree though that if it was a sticking point then it would be worth paying him the fee ourselves. 

No need to pay anything if we can be sure he will sign for us

£150,000 could pay for another player or contribute to a decent transfer fee for a bit of quality in the side

jamtartan74
29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No need to pay anything if we can be sure he will sign for us

£150,000 could pay for another player or contribute to a decent transfer fee for a bit of quality in the side

Exactly my point, he will sign for us of that I’m sure, however if it was down to that payment as Doug alluded to then I would pay it, wouldn’t u?

3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Exactly my point, he will sign for us of that I’m sure, however if it was down to that payment as Doug alluded to then I would pay it, wouldn’t u?

Why would it be down to that payment whether he signed or not...makes no sense

jamtartan74
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why would it be down to that payment whether he signed or not...makes no sense

Hmm, I believe he will sign regardless, why don’t we ask Doug? I was saying if he was waiting on the £150k payment to sign, is he not worth the payment? Anyway it’s a pointless discussion as he will sign after he gets that payment so no idea why you are trying to find something in my post ?

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Why on earth would we pay £150k for a player who has already agreed to sign for free? According to the Evening News he can train with us currently so he will be doing pre-season anyway. I think given the injuries last season it would be prudent to give Berra and Naismith an extended rest during the League Cup group stages. Maybe play Berra against Dundee United and then give Halkett game time for the other three matches.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Getting Naismith for £0 instead of paying £150k makes no sense? 

5 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

I wouldn’t think that it mattered who he trained with so long as he hasn’t signed a contract with any club in that period from July to August, he’s officially unattached to Norwich and not in contract with any other club so, imo only, he would still be entitled to the 13th month payment ??‍♂️

Would also think he could play in friendlies as a trialist during the 13th month. 

Suggestions we pay for free transfers, clamours to resign Lafferty, people still believing McCann is coming and some of the most spurious links to players in living memory. All against a backdrop of ITKers being feted one minute and pilloried the next. How can you not adore kickback in the summer! Enjoy your Saturday everyone, looking like a fantastic day out there today. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Getting Naismith for £0 instead of paying £150k makes no sense? 

To be fair to Kiwi he enjoys a drink 

9 hours ago, Jodami said:

I think it's the fact you can see Naismith in the background

portobellojambo1
23 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Correct, his contract with Norwich City ended at end of May, one additional month takes him to the end of June.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

This makes no sense to me. We're not a rich club, but we should pay £150k out to someone, rather than Norwich City of the English Premier League (the richest league in the world) paying out that money, just to bring to an end a thread on jkb?

Absolute madness.

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, Jodami said:

If you mean not going to down to Gullane with the rest of the team I doubt he would have done that anyway even if he was already signed. He returned late at the start of the season ended for the same reason and came back after the team had been down to Gullane. I'm guessing there is a perfectly valid reason why both he and the coaches don't believe there would be any benefit for him in running up and down sand dunes, possibly similar to players being left of teams when games are played on artificial surfaces, for example. It may be a situation which could do more damage than good.

16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Correct, his contract with Norwich City ended at end of May, one additional month takes him to the end of June.

I'm sure i was right. Thought i was going daft for a minute.

8 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If you mean not going to down to Gullane with the rest of the team I doubt he would have done that anyway even if he was already signed. He returned late at the start of the season ended for the same reason and came back after the team had been down to Gullane. I'm guessing there is a perfectly valid reason why both he and the coaches don't believe there would be any benefit for him in running up and down sand dunes, possibly similar to players being left of teams when games are played on artificial surfaces, for example. It may be a situation which could do more damage than good.

That makes 100% good sense, he is too important to take any risks with. In fact if we are going to spend money on him let's buy a hyperbaric chamber he can use during the week. 

31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I think it's the fact you can see Naismith in the background

Sorry mate, I was thinking about the words and not looking at the picture! 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Hopefully, it still means he won’t have played a game by the time we go up to Aberdeen.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Have you got any proof of this, all I can find is transfer market saying it ends on 30th of June and the EN says his loan deal runs until then too? I hope you’re right though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why on earth would we pay £150k for a player who has already agreed to sign for free? According to the Evening News he can train with us currently so he will be doing pre-season anyway. I think given the injuries last season it would be prudent to give Berra and Naismith an extended rest during the League Cup group stages. Maybe play Berra against Dundee United and then give Halkett game time for the other three matches.

He can train with us currently as his loan deal runs until June 30th.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He can train with us currently as his loan deal runs until June 30th.

I know, I read the article! Trying to get to the bottom of why we have folk advocating paying a fee for a player we can get for free?