Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

A 3 year deal is hardly a risk given what he would give the club in a non playing capacity.

A waste of money - look at Sammon, Oshinawa, and the  famous Malory Martin who have collectively given zero (though hardly their fault - and at least Sammon went on loan)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

40 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I'd doubt that as it would be the best news the club could've gave us lately and it ain't been announced. 

Not saying it won't happen but hes not signed, and we thought we had macgregor  signed couple year back and everything  verbally  agreed.

So best waiting for confirmation  from hearts before thinking it's a done deal

Wonr be signed and announced if either party has any sense until Naismith gets his payment for being away from Norwich and unattached

2 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

It’s with his lawyers. All we know.

Makes sense , fits with Stevens own words at the POTY awards

39 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if that medical form is a bam up made by a Celtic fan 

Looks more like someone seeing a form on a screen, noticing the person has the same name and age as Naismith, and the ‘RFC’ part which refers to something totally different, and thinks ‘ah this could be a giggle’. 

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ive heard his announcement for staying with us is imminent. 

Absolutely zero chance of him going there. Zero.

Hope he signs soon then ,seems to have went on a while,let the fans know for sure, certainly be good news, a fit Naismith,

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Looks more like someone seeing a form on a screen, noticing the person has the same name and age as Naismith, and the ‘RFC’ part which refers to something totally different, and thinks ‘ah this could be a giggle’. 

Naaa , has to be a mock up or real not someone else as the date of birth is correct.Though you would assume they would include his middle name or initial. So unprofessional

Edited by sadj

Just now, sadj said:

Naaa , has to be a mock up or real not someone else as the date of birth is correct.

Ooh... stalker! ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ooh... stalker! ?

Just ESP , reckon i can guess your date of birth too if ya want.....

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just ESP , reckon i can guess your date of birth too if ya want.....

?

A sort of feeling in your water?

18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

?

A sort of feeling in your water?

Ssssh don’t let all my secrets out...but yes...water can guide us to the answers to many things

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Wonr be signed and announced if either party has any sense until Naismith gets his payment for being away from Norwich and unattached

No sure your point ?

What payment is he due?

And why would it stop him signing  for us.

Anyway hopefully we get this deal done as it would give the whole club a much needed lift 

He’s going to spend more and more time on the sidelines each year, four year deal on big wages is madness. These plastic diddy pitches are going to take a huge toll on him.

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Ssssh don’t let all my secrets out...but yes...water can guide us to the answers to many things

Prefer tarot cards myself. ??

50 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

He’s going to spend more and more time on the sidelines each year, four year deal on big wages is madness. These plastic diddy pitches are going to take a huge toll on him.

Naismith played on plastic pitches 3 times this season. Hamilton once and Killie twice. He scored 2 goals in those 3 matches and was his influential best in all of them. He’s been injured twice this season, both against Celtic on grass pitches. It’s nothing to do with plastic pitches and everything to do with his knee injury. 

Heartsofgold
5 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Naismith played on plastic pitches 3 times this season. Hamilton once and Killie twice. He scored 2 goals in those 3 matches and was his influential best in all of them. He’s been injured twice this season, both against Celtic on grass pitches. It’s nothing to do with plastic pitches and everything to do with his knee injury. 

Being pedantic, he was injured originally on Dundee's pitch in our 0-3 win up there midweek before the League Cup semi.

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No way we should be committing to a 4 year contract in my opinion 

I agree but if the contract includes coaching that changes things a bit.

Apparently, if he signs for us before a certain date he loses out on a "13 month payment" as he is at the end of his contract.  Speculation suggests that is around £40k - not to be sniffed at.

14 hours ago, sadj said:

12 hours ago, jambocub said:

No sure your point ?

What payment is he due?

And why would it stop him signing  for us.

Anyway hopefully we get this deal done as it would give the whole club a much needed lift 

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That'll be it.

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I agree but if the contract includes coaching that changes things a bit.

Apparently, if he signs for us before a certain date he loses out on a "13 month payment" as he is at the end of his contract.  Speculation suggests that is around £40k - not to be sniffed at.

Yeah seen that report and can't blame the guy for holding back for his payment ! With injuries this season I'd be reluctant giving long term playing contract 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Norwich can certainly afford the payment now. Attention very much on what we can circle round the balding blonde maestro.

Hackney Hearts
17 hours ago, Whatever said:

It’ll involve coaching down the line.

But who are we getting for coaching through the middle?

18 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:

Heard a rumour

steven Naismith having a medical at Ross Hall medical centre  tonite For RANGERS

As soon as I saw the word ‘tonite’ Iknew it must be true.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

That'll be it.

Had we won on Saturday we would have arranged something to sign him earlier for Europe, however that isn’t needed anymore, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yip posted this on the thread on 21st May and was told it makes no sense by a few posters, but hey looks like it’s true.....

Never claim to be ITK on anything hearts related, as far too distant from the club to ever be, but for the Naismith situation for one (and probably only time) I was right...

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, jamie1874 said:

Yip posted this on the thread on 21st May and was told it makes no sense by a few posters, but hey looks like it’s true.....

Never claim to be ITK on anything hearts related, as far too distant from the club to ever be, but for the Naismith situation for one (and probably only time) I was right...

Alot of good posters like me yourself daza notts etc and a few others that get good information but don't always put it up in the fear of getting shot down mate it's a fecking joke your were bang on ? about the payment. 

It's also perhaps due the fact that he may be due a 'promotion bonus' from Norwich City

Along with that '13 month payment' which is present in a lot of top club contracts especially in England

In reality though when he signs means nothing as long as he signs but a player is entitled to everything in his contract and I doubt many would give up such large sums

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

Apologies for doubting you! It's not something I've ever heard of before, which seems a bit strange in itself! 

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Apologies for doubting you! It's not something I've ever heard of before, which seems a bit strange in itself! 

Cheers, to be honest hadn’t heard of it myself when was told about it. But the way I heard it made it pretty certain it’s true.

I did send you a DM the other day when you asked about it as didn’t want to post too many details on it until it was more public. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

Cheers, to be honest hadn’t heard of it myself when was told about it. But the way I heard it made it pretty certain it’s true.

I did send you a DM the other day when you asked about it as didn’t want to post too many details on it until it was more public. 

Never noticed I had a DM! Cheers for that, and I'll keep what you said in it between us!

6 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

You are not claiming some kind of exclusive which everyone knew about are you ?

It was no secret that he would not sign until after a certain date so I just don't see what exclusive you are claiming..its that same with most players down south and commom sense would have told you that not inside info.

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

It was no secret that he would not sign until after a certain date so I just don't see what exclusive you are claiming..its that same with most players down south and commom sense would have told you that not inside info.

Everyone knew about? Not based on this thread that had claims he was being announced before the final etc, or the day Norwich listed their released players. 

I hadnt heard of it before, got told about it after the last league game, but more than comfortable with where I got my info from as well as other parts of what I have posted on this thread.

Have never claimed to know anything before about the inner workings of the club, just happens I do have some knowledge of what was happening with the SN deal (up to the Celtic league game as mentioned), but understand now why others who genuinely do know a few bits don’t bother posting them on here. 

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Maybe he sent the guy a PM because he couldn’t be bothered with all the shit that gets flung at anyone who dares share a little info on here?

All this talk of bonuses etc......

The signing of a pre contract agreement surely wouldn’t put these payments in danger ?

13 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

He’ll be a hearts player by Monday.

That makes sense.

English league contracts tend to end on 30 June each year, so the 13 month trigger date will start this coming Saturday.

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The point is he knew about these facts before any one else did and posted them.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How reliable is your source?

:facepalm:         :jj_facepalm:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:facepalm:         :jj_facepalm:

There aren't enough are there  :lol: