Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Genuinely not having a go just asking a general question. Can anyone recall an occasion when the mind games of Levein have had a positive outcome. 

If it has it’s not been in the last year anyway, his tactics rarely change no matter who plays and teams sussed that out ages ago.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

I think Naismith is not coming back before Levein gets his jotters. That hamstring isn’t going to fix until he goes. Pasting this weekend and he may 

MarkDevriesScores4

Hamstring taking 3 months to recover?

He’s at it. Said it before, we need to forget Naismith. He’ll play 10 matches at best all season.

The Future's Maroon
58 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Good mate, didn't want to sound like I was having a personal go, I just wonder if the mind games thing actually works for any manager. It's an angle journalists like to work all the time but I don't think other managers pay much attention. Doesn't stop the arse cheeks from regularly planting stories about signing our players though! 

Maybe terming it as mind games wasn’t accurate, but I am sure there was an instance in last year or two where we and the press were told someone wouldn’t be playing, only for them to be in the starting line up the next day...I want to say it was Naismith, but Walker or Haring is popping into mind also....idk 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by The Future's Maroon
Can’t spell!

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Good mate, didn't want to sound like I was having a personal go, I just wonder if the mind games thing actually works for any manager. It's an angle journalists like to work all the time but I don't think other managers pay much attention. Doesn't stop the arse cheeks from regularly planting stories about signing our players though! 

Mind games work if you know what you’re doing. Alex Ferguson was famous for it and had opposition managers and players in an absolute lather. Difference is, he could back it up. CL is good at winding up Hibs because of his record, I applaud every troll of them by CL, but better teams ?

Best not save it bite you on the ass !!

We_are_the_Hearts

Mind games lol.....Naismith playing or not playing won't make one bit of difference to Gerrard as he will have Rangers set up to impose their game on us. 

29 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Mind games lol.....Naismith playing or not playing won't make one bit of difference to Gerrard as he will have Rangers set up to impose their game on us. 

Exactly.

We can hardly rely on one player making such a huge influence  on the pitch especially with virtually no match fitness in the year 2019.

The Future's Maroon
28 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

As already stated mind games was probably wrong term, and I didn’t say it would make any difference.

However, if an opposition team expect us to set up one way they will plan for that, throwing a spanner in the works can maybe upset things (yes can be altered in game).

I was meaning it more to like a surprising inclusion in the first eleven (Kevin McKenna/Paterson up front type surprise).

For the record, I don’t expect us to get anything against Steven Gerrard’s Rangers this weekend, but like always I have hope we will. 

There is a lot of negative energy being wasted on here by some, did anyone expect us to hump Celtic 4-0 a couple of years ago (Sarah O apart 😂).

(last paragraph wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular) 👍

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Will say it again. Naismith said he would be ready for the rangers game so I presume he was lying as well as Levein??

Its maybe catching on.:cornette_dog:

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Hard not to feel for him. however, great opportunity for the club to enhance its inclusiveness credentials by leading the way in wheelchair football. 

In line with the clubs structure SN can be dof, manager, captain and star player. Albeit I feel his game time might be limited due to tight biceps. 

Probably our best chance of success in sporting terms.

His arm has just fallen off.

maroonlegions

I wonder what tactical  master plan Levin and co conjure up this Sunday against NEWCO.

Tinkering 12 with no game plan , no midfield, sitting back and shitting it no doubt.. 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

His arm has just fallen off.

You're sometimes itk when it comes to what's happening at the club.  Is it true that he got hit in the baws with a ball at training and he now has to piss out his nose for six months?  Poor man's not having any luck since he signed for us.

GorgieRules22

We can all laugh but it’s seriously a fairly depressing situation that we cant get our best player on the park although he’s just about ready every week.

Edited by GorgieRules22

The headline is aims / 'hopes' not guarantees he will return

Steven Naismith says he is on course to return after the international break to help Hearts "push on" from a shaky start to the season.

The Scotland forward, 33, made three appearances in August following a long-term knee injury but was then sidelined by a hamstring problem.

He hopes to feature against Rangers at Tynecastle on 20 October.

"We set up a plan, followed it well and every box has been ticked," he said of his recovery process.

Edited by CJGJ

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, rick witter said:

Well I must say I’m absolutely shocked that Naismith yet again won’t be playing this weekend!!! 

NOT!!!! 

And I'm not surprised you've come on here to tell everyone that you're not surprised in a sarcastic manner.

Rick Witter = the definition of a broken record.

There does seem to be an element going from topic to topic even unrelated topics wallowing in the adversity.

As for Naismith I don't see that it's practical to pitch in a guy who hasn't played in months against an in form top of the table side. Though given his quality he might be worth a risk for at least a part of it.

16 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I wonder what tactical  master plan Levin and co conjure up this Sunday against NEWCO.

Tinkering 12 with no game plan , no midfield, sitting back and shitting it no doubt.. 

💩💩💩💩👍🙈

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

There does seem to be an element going from topic to topic even unrelated topics wallowing in the adversity.

As for Naismith I don't see that it's practical to pitch in a guy who hasn't played in months against an in form top of the table side. Though given his quality he might be worth a risk for at least a part of it.

Yep

10 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

💩💩💩💩👍🙈

you'd hope he'd play his strongest team - and if Naismith can give us 45 minutes - then play him from the start and not bring him on after half time. Try at least use his influence to get us ahead in the game and then rest him.

Be good to line up 4-4-2. play 2 centre backs - Berra, Dikamona. Play two full backs - Smith and Hickey and ask them to play as defenders. Whelan and Haring / Damour in centre mid tasked with bossing their area. Play two wide men - Mulraney and Morrison / Clare and tell them to focus on going past their men and passing / crossing into Uche and a.n.other forward (Naismith, Keena, McLean)

keep it simple. 

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

you'd hope he'd play his strongest team - and if Naismith can give us 45 minutes - then play him from the start and not bring him on after half time. Try at least use his influence to get us ahead in the game and then rest him.

Be good to line up 4-4-2. play 2 centre backs - Berra, Dikamona. Play two full backs - Smith and Hickey and ask them to play as defenders. Whelan and Haring / Damour in centre mid tasked with bossing their area. Play two wide men - Mulraney and Morrison / Clare and tell them to focus on going past their men and passing / crossing into Uche and a.n.other forward (Naismith, Keena, McLean)

keep it simple. 

Exactly.  My fear is that we land up with a side picked specifically to "park the bus".

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly.  My fear is that we land up with a side picked specifically to "park the bus".

I'm not sure about that Deevers. it wouldn't surprise me to see just uche up top with the expectation of being supported by at least four others. It's the "four others" bit which worries me. Naismith and perhaps Walker are savvy enough to play in such a fluid way. Mulraney for example....for me has decent pace - he is one I'd definitely just give him one remit to dribble / speed past defenders and hit the byline.

20 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

What Rangers game though? The new year?

At this rate it'll be next season, if we don't get relegated, that is🤔

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

keep it simple. 

No Meshino?

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No Meshino?

bah! good spot.

I guess at the moment, Meshino is filling Naismith's spot. Be interesting to  see how both are accommodated into the line up - perhaps Meshino allows Naismith to play further up the pitch with Uche?

Ex member of the SaS

As good as Naismith is he won't be match fit this side of Christmas. Levein said we would not be after any fill in players as they would take months to get match fit. Does he seriously think all the injured players will be back fighting fit?

The whole team seem to revolve around one player and no matter how good, he is injury prone due to his age.

I would prefer he didn't play Sunday, but get him playing bounce games and keep any possible impact for the cup game.

The problem with playing them so close to the cup game means they will know what Levein will do. I think he will sit in trying to defend and then hopefully go all guns blazing in the semi.

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As good as Naismith is he won't be match fit this side of Christmas. Levein said we would not be after any fill in players as they would take months to get match fit. Does he seriously think all the injured players will be back fighting fit?

The whole team seem to revolve around one player and no matter how good, he is injury prone due to his age.

I would prefer he didn't play Sunday, but get him playing bounce games and keep any possible impact for the cup game.

The problem with playing them so close to the cup game means they will know what Levein will do. I think he will sit in trying to defend and then hopefully go all guns blazing in the semi.

He wont be playing on Sunday mate.

Levein has said he is making good progress in his interview today. :jj_facepalm:

That feeling of Deja Vu is sweeping over me once again.

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2019 at 22:25, Famous 1874 said:

His body is finished btw.

On 02/10/2019 at 10:52, Famous 1874 said:

Sport scientist who gets drafted in to look at injuries said he could not believe we gave him a 4 year deal and he will continue to get injured. 

Looks like my source was on the money. 

been here before

Aiming for a return against Rangers" eh?

Called it the day before a ball was even kicked...

On 20/12/2019 at 12:50, been here beforesaid:

Presumably if Naismith plays on Saturday he'll miss the games against Hibs on boxing day, Aberdeen on the 29th and probably the cup game against Airdrie.

How depressingly tragic the whole Naismith farce has become.

Just now, been here before said:

Aiming for a return against Rangers" eh?

Called it the day before a ball was even kicked...

On 20/12/2019 at 12:50, been here beforesaid:

Presumably if Naismith plays on Saturday he'll miss the games against Hibs on boxing day, Aberdeen on the 29th and probably the cup game against Airdrie.

How depressingly tragic the whole Naismith farce has become.

How long is he out for?

been here before
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How long is he out for?

The edited thread title would suggest he's aiming for the game against Rangers. So that would be toward the tail end of January.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

The edited thread title would suggest he's aiming for the game against Rangers. So that would be toward the tail end of January.

That’s an old edit though, isn’t it? 

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Looks like my source was on the money. 

How do you know what the sport scientist said about Naismith’s physical health? Would that not be confidential?

been here before
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s an old edit though, isn’t it? 

No idea. Does the edit need edited? Is there an editor to edit the edit?

Just now, been here before said:

No idea. Does the edit need edited? Is there an editor to edit the edit?

Well, it was @Famous 1874 who bumped this thread, and the last posts before then were October. 

Last I’d heard on Naismith was he got clattered in the back and was taken off as a precaution and because he was just back from injury.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Well, it was @Famous 1874 who bumped this thread, and the last posts before then were October. 

Last I’d heard on Naismith was he got clattered in the back and was taken off as a precaution and because he was just back from injury.

Well that would be good news.

Cant see he looked injured at the game but you never know.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Well that would be good news.

Cant see he looked injured at the game but you never know.

Biggest concern for me was that the Hearts TV commentator said we were “forced in to a change”. Hopefully nothing in it.