Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

18 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Tbf the ‘Levein must go’ thread had a fair amount of pish posted on it   :compute:

Yaay ! Just noticed aye ? Good lad. ! I might point out that on a Sunday night I'm quite pished so the only sense I can make is Mon The Heeeeeaaaaarrrrtttsssss !. See you lads up in Arbroath on Saturday 29th.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

It should have been ten
25 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Yaay ! Just noticed aye ? Good lad. ! I might point out that on a Sunday night I'm quite pished so the only sense I can make is Mon The Heeeeeaaaaarrrrtttsssss !. See you lads up in Arbroath on Saturday 29th.

See you there mate :lol:

9 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

For all his faults, one thing you can’t say about him is he’s stupid. He’s actually a very intelligent man.

He also has no agenda against the club although, admittedly, his agenda against Levein sometimes across like that. 

11 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

He’s no agenda about the club and speaks highly of hearts as he supports the club. 

Is Levein more intelligent and what are you basing this on? 

He tries to come over as having more upstairs than your average pundit (not difficult) but fails miserably, repeatedly using words in the wrong context.

I haven't heard Levein using could of, would of, or should of, on national television:rofl:

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Losing track. Has Naismith signed?

He's refusing to sign until David Moyes is confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Ha.

Geniune answers though please.

gorgieheart

Have we really got another two weeks of this to go...?

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

He's also wanting to play in a midfield with Adam, Milinkovic, and Walker with Lafferty up top. 

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Still contracted to Norwich until 30/6.

Does anyone know if he will be able to join pre-season training before this date ?

Robbo-Jambo

Why don't folk get he will be signing at the start of July for reasons stated about his final payment from Norwich.

It has been said about a million times and people still are asking the same *******question. :jj_facepalm:

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why don't folk get he will be signing at the start of July for reasons stated about his final payment from Norwich.

It has been said about a million times and people still are asking the same *******question. :jj_facepalm:

Ken, its getting boring now

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Does anyone know if he will be able to join pre-season training before this date ?

I’d assume that is technically still going to be up to Norwich. Think it would be ridiculous for them to stand his way though. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Nope, in a canary cage until the 30th. He cant do anything until his contract is up. 

Can't even fart. 

27 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I’d assume that is technically still going to be up to Norwich. Think it would be ridiculous for them to stand his way though. 

I think you'll be right in both respects.

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why's he not signing till July?

;)

4 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Seriously though, they cant stop him running round a park and in and out of some traffic cones with some of his mates who play for Hearts if he wants to. He will be at pre-season. (I’m not ITK BTW). 

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Seriously though, they cant stop him running round a park and in and out of some traffic cones with some of his mates who play for Hearts if he wants to. He will be at pre-season. (I’m not ITK BTW). 

I’m sure he’ll be at preseason but your reasoning is ridiculous. Even if we wanted it to be that simple, it most certainly isn’t. Norwich definitely could stop him training with another club until his contract officially expires, but I don’t see any reason why they would. 

3 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I’m sure he’ll be at preseason but your reasoning is ridiculous. Even if we wanted it to be that simple, it most certainly isn’t. Norwich definitely could stop him training with another club until his contract officially expires, but I don’t see any reason why they would. 

Ridiculous as it may be. We both came to the same conclusion ?

IveSeenTheLight
27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ridiculous as it may be. We both came to the same conclusion ?

Just an interesting thought.

who would cover / be liable for his insurance?

Robbo-Jambo
31 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Has he fully recovered from his injury? 

Good point. All talk about the signing but nothing about his injury progression. 

FarmerTweedy
On 16/06/2019 at 15:08, campbell said:

Just a gentle reminder to the posters above who seem to have become confused, this thread is about Steven Naismith signing! It would be great if people who want to read about that dont have to scroll through 3 pages of complete and utter drivel to find out information!! Start a new bloody thread with your ridiculous conversation 

To be fair, the thread is 40-odd pages long and I think there's probably about a dozen posts with actual information!

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He'd have to get permission from Norwich to train with Hearts (or back to them) until his contract expires for that very reason (insurance). 

7 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Same folk that would cover him if he decided to take a jog in the local park I suppose. 

Big Slim Stylee
On 17/06/2019 at 10:32, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He's also wanting to play in a midfield with Adam, Milinkovic, and Walker with Lafferty up top. 

In all fairness getting rid of Lafferty undoubtedly upped the chances of him signing considerably?

Unknown user
On 17/06/2019 at 22:56, clouston1992 said:

Could they?

Wouldn't it be reasonable for an out of contract player to expect trials, even if waiting for a 13th month payment? Players have unpaid, uncontracted training sessions all the time, I don't think Norwich could stop him.

As I understand it, Naismith trains in the house most of the time anyway before meeting up with the squad towards the end of the week etc. Don’t think he’s at training every session. At this point of his career am sure he’ll know his body and will be keeping himself ticking over before signing for us and joining our pre season. 

Heartsofgold
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

As I understand it, Naismith trains in the house most of the time anyway before meeting up with the squad towards the end of the week etc. Don’t think he’s at training every session. At this point of his career am sure he’ll know his body and will be keeping himself ticking over before signing for us and joining our pre season. 

Still looked like one of our fittest players (when he was not injured that is?). 

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

He does train in the house mostly, he said so himself in an interview but I would imagine that might not be the case for pre-season. 

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Could they?

Wouldn't it be reasonable for an out of contract player to expect trials, even if waiting for a 13th month payment? Players have unpaid, uncontracted training sessions all the time, I don't think Norwich could stop him.

I would be very surprised if a parent club couldn’t stop a contracted player from training elsewhere, no matter how long is left. He’s not out of contract until 30/6. 

Edited by clouston1992

Heartsofgold
11 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I would be very surprised if a parent club couldn’t stop a contracted player from training elsewhere, no matter how long is left. He’s not out of contract until 30/6. 

It would be very petty of Norwich as they have already said he’s being freed as soon as his contract is up. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

In mid contract I'd agree, but when he's only contracted to the end  of the month and trying to get a new gig I'd be amazed if there wasn't a "free to train with other clubs once the season's ended" clause

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It would be very petty of Norwich as they have already said he’s being freed as soon as his contract is up. 

Most definitely and I can’t see him not being at the start of pre-season. They have no reason to stand in his way. 

sandylejambo

If a guy I was paying said "I won't sign with someone because I'm milking you for every penny, I wouldn't let him have his own way on other things

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Could they?

Key words in bold there! Naismith isn't one of those yet!

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Would it though? Assuming all the '13th month payment' chat is correct (and it's on the Internet, so it must be!), he's only due a £150k from them if he doesn't (officially, at least) have a club to go to when his contract with them ends. If he says to them now that he wants to start preseason training with us now, because he's already agreed to join us as soon as he's left them, it would hardly be pettiness on their part to say that's fine, good luck, and thanks for saving us £150k!

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

You sure it wasn't when he was doing his recovery from injury that he was at home training? Pretty sure there was an article in the paper from levein stating this? 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Most definitely and I can’t see him not being at the start of pre-season. They have no reason to stand in his way.

150,000 of them, it would seem!

To be clear, Norwich won't be telling him he's not allowed to start preseason training with us before his contract with them officially ends. In fact, I'm sure they'll be delighted if he does just that!

5 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

You sure it wasn't when he was doing his recovery from injury that he was at home training? Pretty sure there was an article in the paper from levein stating this? 

I think he has a gym etc in his home, he stays nearer killie than Edinburgh, so he does fitness stuff etc in the house before meeting up with the squad for shape and that. Is my understanding of how it all works. 

Assuming Naismith does sign (I cannae allow myself to imagine he doesn’t after all this time) does anyone know if he is fit, ie free from injury, to start the season?

Appreciate he’ll need to undertake a good pre season like all the rest but just wondered whether he was free yet from the problems that kept him out the cup final?

On 17/06/2019 at 16:17, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why can't we just use his wage to fill in the corners?

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Why can't we just use his wage to fill in the corners?

??????

GorgieFifeLife

Looks like it will be August before he signs as his Norwich contract runs out on June 30th so if he remains a free agent for a month after that he will be due £150k. He may just play as trialist through pre season.

So his loan deal is up until 30th June, the same day as he officially leaves Norwich. Spooky eh!! Almost like it might have been planned.