Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

Ahead of the biggest game we’ve had in years then yes, I don’t think it’s too difficult to ask that folk keep their mouth shut. 

Sorry the real world has interrupted your ideal world scenario

PS I could tell you the subs (from one of the squad) but after your post I'd better keep my mouth shut....sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Would your thoughts apply to the manager as well. As I'm guessing if he is involved in the build up training to the game he is aware of all the squad members and the team doesn't have to be presented/announced until a couple of hours before kick off. So why tell them in advance., i.e. today iro the cup final.

The players know the team.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

The players know the team.

I'd imagine they do now, but someone must have told them. I was guessing that person would have been the manager, and if it was him then they wouldn't have known if he'd kept his mouth shut until a few hours before kick off. I was just trying to find out how far the previous poster felt his thoughts should go regards someone getting wellied for opening their gob.

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd imagine they do now, but someone must have told them. I was guessing that person would have been the manager, and if it was him then they wouldn't have known if he'd kept his mouth shut until a few hours before kick off. I was just trying to find out how far the previous poster felt his thoughts should go regards someone getting wellied for opening their gob.

You’re being ridiculous, quite clearly the team is going to know the squad and it’s obvious my comment did not mean this. 

14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Would your thoughts apply to the manager as well. As I'm guessing if he is involved in the build up training to the game he is aware of all the squad members and the team doesn't have to be presented/announced until a couple of hours before kick off. So why tell them in advance., i.e. today iro the cup final.

The team would know ages ago so they can work on shape id imagine. Your a good football man so id expect you to know that. 

Ibrahim Tall

I heard form a source earlier that Malaury Martin is back from Dunfermline to replace Olly in midfield and run Celtic ragged with his searing pace.

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

I can assure you he isn’t in the squad.

Sorry.

It's okay, I have it on good authority that we're starting with El Hassanoui and Wittenveen up front, with a surprise return for Avlonitis in defence... 

Agentjambo

Naisy not made it,is a slight surprise with one of our players right enough.

Edited by Agentjambo

portobellojambo1
49 minutes ago, sadj said:

The team would know ages ago so they can work on shape id imagine. Your a good football man so id expect you to know that. 

Of couse I know how things work. It was a question to find out how far the poster who raised this would go in terms of getting people to say nothing. He has provided his response to that above. In this case it all started I suppose because someone said Naismith isn't playing because he heard the team from someone. If I'm honest I don't believe he has been told who is and isn't playing tomorrow. I then threw Aidy White's name in as a response to something someone else posted as I'd read something somewhere else that he was to be thrown into the team as left back to try and keep James Forrest out the game. These sort of things come and go on football forums all the time.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Of couse I know how things work. It was a question to find out how far the poster who raised this would go in terms of getting people to say nothing. He has provided his response to that above. In this case it all started I suppose because someone said Naismith isn't playing because he heard the team from someone. If I'm honest I don't believe he has been told who is and isn't playing tomorrow. I then threw Aidy White's name in as a response to something someone else posted as I'd read something somewhere else that he was to be thrown into the team as left back to try and keep James Forrest out the game. These sort of things come and go on football forums all the time.

It's not aidy white.Have a g'day tomorrow mate.

I know who lined up in training on Wednesday PJ, and I know what team was announced to the players today. Will that change? Who knows, as you state only CL does.

Believe what you wish, I care little.

Enjoy your day ??

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

There are going to be a lot of people pleasantly surprised tomorrow 

I'm with you.

Believe.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I know who lined up in training on Wednesday PJ, and I know what team was announced to the players today. Will that change? Who knows, as you state only CL does.

Believe what you wish, I care little.

Enjoy your day ??

And you.

It has probably developed into an out of place discussion the day before a cup final. We'll all find out at some point tomorrow who will and will not be playing and then can only hope that those selected can do the business and bring the cup home with them.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

And you.

It has probably developed into an out of place discussion the day before a cup final. We'll all find out at some point tomorrow who will and will not be playing and then can only hope that those selected can do the business and bring the cup home with them.

??????

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

You’re being ridiculous, quite clearly the team is going to know the squad and it’s obvious my comment did not mean this. 

Agreed

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Wighton Starts = Hearts Nil 

Like the 2-1 win over Aberdeen then? I would assume that anagrams are your bag?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bottom line. Giving anything out about the team is muppetry 

Agreed however I have it on good authority from a coach that Hughes will captain the team tomorrow in his last game before replacing Levein as head coach. Martin will replace Lee and Sammon is on standby to replace Uche if he fails late fitness test. 

As long as these players realise just what a f'cking privilege it is to step out onto the Hampden turf in Maroon, I couldn't care less if we had Andy Thorn and Ricardas Beniusis up top. 

Just a little belief, and they can do anything! 

Mr Elwood P
On 22/05/2019 at 09:11, Inch Hearts said:

Naismith was poor when he came in from Norwich to start with and drastically improved when he was up to speed towards the end of the season, also with his injury record it could backfire spectacularly.  Saying that I’m a gambling man so I would also have him on the bench to utilise if it’s tight with 20 mins to go as it would also give the players around him and support a massive boost.  

His first couple of touches for Hearts he nearly scored an opening goal in an Edinburgh derby. Not like your posts to be removed from logic and fact.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed however I have it on good authority from a coach that Hughes will captain the team tomorrow in his last game before replacing Levein as head coach. Martin will replace Lee and Sammon is on standby to replace Uche if he fails late fitness test. 

Could work....

pettigrewsstylist

Signing announced tomm night/sunday, to ease dissapointment, if final is lost?

19 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Signing announced tomm night/sunday, to ease dissapointment, if final is lost?

My understanding is there is a few things that will be announced. When not sure though. But all being kept back til after the weekend

Edited by sadj

5 hours ago, sadj said:

My understanding is there is a few things that will be announced. When not sure though. But all being kept back til after the weekend

:interehjrling:

Cannot believe PJ you threw aidy white in there, too many sherbets in Stratties, don't think he has even kicked a ball yet.

pettigrewsstylist

Freck it!! Play the van and uche. Not keen on trying and win this 1-0. They have too many guns.

jambodad43

My guess the suprise is 4411

We will smash them of the park with this team no prisioners the height would put the fear of death in them at set pieces thats where i think we could win the game

Bobby

Shug Soutar Berra Clevid

Smith Djoum Haring Mullrany

Clair

Uche 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, jambodad43 said:

My guess the suprise is 4411

We will smash them of the park with this team no prisioners the height would put the fear of death in them at set pieces thats where i think we could win the game

Bobby

Shug Soutar Berra Clevid

Smith Djoum Haring Mullrany

Clair

Uche 

Bobby

Smith berra Souttar clevid

Clair djoum haring Edwards cochrane

mclean

stay in the game till 60 minutes 0-0, throw on Uche and Mulraney up top, imagine being knackered, desperate for the treble treble then having to face Uche strength and Mulraney s pace.   Radical I know but I like it.

Alex Kintner

The key is neutralising Celtic’s wing play. Mulraney and AN Other pushed high up on each wing to occupy Lustig and Tierney 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The key is neutralising Celtic’s wing play. Mulraney and AN Other pushed high up on each wing to occupy Lustig and Tierney 

Close down their midfield and double up in their wingers.

Worked for Rangers.

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Whatever said:

?

On a massive pitch his work rate will be invaluable..  if 100% start him

Lord Beni of Gorgie

11 players will start for Hearts 7 will be on the bench 

ITK

fast_blood
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

11 players will start for Hearts 7 will be on the bench 

ITK