Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Was speaking someone at Hearts last night and they were 99% sure Naismith would make the final. He is back running now apparantly and they are hoping to have him back for the last couple of games of the season to give him some game time before the final.

Similar to what I posted previously. He was back running on Monday and has had no issues thus far.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

ford donald
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s been done for weeks. The lots of wee bits and bobs in a contract that both parties go back and forth on but he agreed weeks and weeks ago to stay.

Correct! crossing the tees and dotting the I's !

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Was speaking someone at Hearts last night and they were 99% sure Naismith would make the final. He is back running now apparantly and they are hoping to have him back for the last couple of games of the season to give him some game time before the final.

Whatever his level of fitness I would NOT play him in the last league away to that mob.

Same goes for the likes of Uche, Souttar, Haring etc.

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I would agree with that 

Considering SNs thoughts it’ll be an interesting deal if/when its finally signed on the dotted line

Edited by sadj

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Whatever his level of fitness I would NOT play him in the last league away to that mob.

Are you suggesting there might be unsporting acts committed? ?

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Funnily enough, thats what the guy from Hearts said last night.

Hopefully he can play a part (second half sub) in the Kilmarnock game then try and get a full 90 minutes under his belt at Pittodrie so he doesnt have to play any part of the match at Parkhead.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Are you suggesting there might be unsporting acts committed? ?

Or maybe something a bit more spooky.   Twice he's hobbled off this season, twice against Celtic.  

48 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Stevie being fit is the only glimmer of hope we have of having any chance in the final.

Yes, takes our chances from ‘virtually no chance’ to ‘you never know’.

On 24/04/2019 at 08:53, ford donald said:

Naismith will have a influence on team selection next season,If he stays, which I believe he will!

No he won’t.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Aberdeen are brutal too but some will need to play that game including SN. Reserve team for Parkhead though.

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Can we no just play him Sunday also!!!

:interehjrling:

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Is that a hint? ?

Hope so.

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Tbh I wouldn't play any of the starting 11 for the cup final in that match.

Its a nothing game to us, its there party and we will get well beat anyway, so why risk anyone.

Plus it seems its always us they get on the title party day. Bloody joke.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Tbh I wouldn't play any of the starting 11 for the cup final in that match.

Its a nothing game to us, its there party and we will get well beat anyway, so why risk anyone.

Plus it seems its always us they get on the title party day. Bloody joke.

Yep, play the reserves please. 

GorgieRules22
3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Can we no just play him Sunday also!!!

If only we could but the fact he’s not started kicking a ball yet would be suicide.

4 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Is that a hint? ?

No unfortunately not mate, I was just saying that I wish we had him for Sunday 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Considering SNs thoughts it’ll be an interesting deal if/when its finally signed on the dotted line

CL back upstairs as DOF with McPhee and Naismith as first team coaches perhaps ? 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
44 minutes ago, luckydug said:

CL back upstairs as DOF with McPhee and Naismith as first team coaches perhaps ? 

Eh no.

59 minutes ago, luckydug said:

15 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Eh no.

^^^^^^^^^^^ (imo) @Agentjambo ?

Edited by sadj

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Let's cut out the small talk and other pish.  

He is signing for Hearts and that is it.

Or you won’t let him come round for a cuppa to watch your tv with no visble speakers ?

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Season after next in all probability 

Bazzas right boot

Naismith will probably sign but is maybe  after certain guarantees about the footballing side. 

His main one, I bet being that Levein is still top dog. ?

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith will probably sign but is maybe  after certain guarantees about the footballing side. 

Think it’s more about coaching progression. 

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Indeed ?

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Let's just forget about Naismith in that case. No player is bigger than the club. When a new experienced manager comes in next season, Naismith will have to follow instructions like every other player.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Let's just forget about Naismith in that case. No player is bigger than the club. When a new experienced manager comes in next season, Naismith will have to follow instructions like every other player.

Ehh. 

Not if he's not with us he won't ?

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ehh. 

Not if he's not with us he won't ?

I agree. If he leaves, I wouldn't expect him to follow orders.?

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

See if someone said. The top dog should remain Levein , however the coaching got a boot up the ass as it is clearly ineffective. Stripping out the waaaah i dont like Levein , waaaah he brought these people in etc responses. Say the structure of the coaching team got changed or some of them were swapped out for different coaches. I wonder just how much change we would see. I reckon it would be more than people would imagine. Bottom line is buck stops with Levein but its a big role to have and one that means relying on several others more than you should. 

Its an interesting if non Steven Naismith point

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

See if someone said. The top dog should remain Levein , however the coaching got a boot up the ass as it is clearly ineffective. Stripping out the waaaah i dont like Levein , waaaah he brought these people in etc responses. Say the structure of the coaching team got changed or some of them were swapped out for different coaches. I wonder just how much change we would see. I reckon it would be more than people would imagine. Bottom line is buck stops with Levein but its a big role to have and one that means relying on several others more than you should. 

Its an interesting if non Steven Naismith point

But Sadj, it's not just the coaching that's ineffective,  it's the tactics on match day, the set-up, the lack of any clear cut attacking plan other than our set piece routine. That is all, solely, down to Levein. I have to admit, I just don't get the clamour to ensure that Levein holds on to power.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But Sadj, it's not just the coaching that's ineffective,  it's the tactics on match day, the set-up, the lack of any clear cut attacking plan other than our set piece routine. That is all, solely, down to Levein. I have to admit, I just don't get the clamour to ensure that Levein holds on to power.

I get that but as I said there has to be an over reliance on others. Maybe that has something to do with the tactical approach etc. Without being in the inner sanctum we dont know what is asked what is passed on and how much that info is utilised to form tactics etc. What if there is not exactly a ? belief in the coaching team from some parts? Yet due to the structure changing that now is nigh on difficult its a summer thing? Again structure is something for a different thread. 

For instance , performances have been progressively getting worse bar the odd one/half here and there. If i was getting info and unsure of the confidence i would put in that info i would become less and less invested in the info being accurate to where I was almost dismissive of it and certainly become more introverted in my approach. 

That aside...Convo for a different thread but one that is to me interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Don't rock the boat, don't rock the boat, baby..."

:jjyay:

Funnily he mentioned how much longer he sees himself playing for....Guess how long he said........go on guess!!!

He was a late stand in for Sean Clare who was pissed again.

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That would be a good long term investment you would imagine. Looking at relative success of Gerrard and Lampard. Naismith is at a Scottish equivalent level of them and as such you would imagine learning the coaching side added to his professionalism , drive etc would be a great thing to have on board

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

As an aside. Seemingly spoke very well at the Shareholders Dinner tonight along with Smith and McLean.

What was he speaking about? Any stupid questions asked again ?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

That would be a good long term investment you would imagine. Looking at relative success of Gerrard and Lampard. Naismith is at a Scottish equivalent level of them and as such you would imagine learning the coaching side added to his professionalism , drive etc would be a great thing to have on board

What was he speaking about? Any stupid questions asked again ?

Fitba and stuff.

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not if he is to be top dog sometime soon. He might well be next head coach. 

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Funnily he mentioned how much longer he sees himself playing for....Guess how long he said........go on guess!!!

Four years? :whistling:

The obsession surrounding Naismith is a wee bit embarrassing. There are more significant issues that really need to be addressed at the club. 

14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The obsession surrounding Naismith is a wee bit embarrassing. There are more significant issues that really need to be addressed at the club. 

Strange take on discussing a player currently on loan on a permanent deal. You must be easily embarrassed.

Just now, Barack said:

Signing up easily our best player, on a long-term deal, regardless of who may be in charge next season...seems quite significant to me.

**** it, Craig. Drive him to Kilmarnock.??

No you've got it all wrong. Its embarrassing. I thought better of you.

Ronald Villiers
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Some interesting things happening soon. Naismith staying is one of those. 

Any decent signings or pre contracts coming in Daz?