Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He should be announced like a new GTA, 1000’s queueing and a bit of glam at midnight

Dressed up as their favourite Steven Naismith outfits.

WheatfieldWarrior
39 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

If there isn't a "scarf above the head" photo by the time JKBers wake up in the morn then this place will be in meltdown !!!   It'll feel like Santa didn't visit during the night!!

Absolutely This.

BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No doubt you’ll hear it properly sung on Sunday ;)

Oi

giphy.gif

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Terrific night last night in the company of our local MP, the Leader of the Opposition and 100 others. A guy recognised my Hearts tie and asked if Naismith  had signed yet.  Great when that sort of thing happens.

Looking forward to waking tomorrow, hangover free, to learn that England are crushing Australia and and Naismith has signed.

Ibrahim Tall

I’m delighted Naismith ‘is’ signing but I’d agree that it’s ridiculous that we seem to be pinning our entire season on him doing so. 

Naismiths a fantastic player for our level but he isn’t the difference between us being a good team and a title challenging one, he’s the difference between a poor one and a good one. A club the size of Hearts really shouldn’t be in that situation.

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

I’m delighted Naismith ‘is’ signing but I’d agree that it’s ridiculous that we seem to be pinning our entire season on him doing so. 

I must have missed the announcement from the club. Link?

Heartsofgold

Right. 7.05 on ‘Naismith’ Day. No announcements from the club at all. Not good enough. I’m going to sharpen my pitchfork right now and start marching to Tynecastle to demand Levein’s head. 

Okay, seeing as today is the day:

When he signs, I think we need to immediately take him out of the first team squad. We are too reliant on him, as our best player. We need to learn how to win without him, and the only way we are going to do that, is by not playing him. If we put him straight in the team, and we start winning games, then how will we know if it’s only because of Naismith? It’s too dangerous to be so overly reliant on one player.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

When he signs, I think we need to immediately take him out of the first team squad. We are too reliant on him, as our best player. We need to learn how to win without him, and the only way we are going to do that, is by not playing him. If we put him straight in the team, and we start winning games, then how will we know if it’s only because of Naismith? It’s too dangerous to be so overly reliant on one player.

This. Think we should have some sort of giant pinwheel in the changing room which gets spun before every match, three slots for “in” and three slots for “out”. If we’re still too reliant on him then slots can be adjusted accordingly.

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See last year for this particular experiment! 😎 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

See last year for this particular experiment! 😎 

Yes, but we are all a year older and a year wiser now. Plus we have Jamie Walker.

Ibrahim Tall
30 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I must have missed the announcement from the club. Link?

So we’re not? If Naismith was to have changed his mind at any point over the last month or so be going into the season with a team that’ll struggle to finish top 6?

Can be flippant if you wish, but it’s pretty clear we’ve had no real plan B to Naismith changing his mind, Djoum not signing or even Haring still being injured despite missing a large chunk of last season too.

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This. Think we should have some sort of giant pinwheel in the changing room which gets spun before every match, three slots for “in” and three slots for “out”. If we’re still too reliant on him then slots can be adjusted accordingly.

We could use  Dallas's, do i or dont i send a Hearts player off, random but heavily biased towards YES DEFO, dart board thingy 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No doubt you’ll hear it properly sung on Sunday ;)

We absolutely will. Clarke desperate enough to phone the 34 year old,  he is beginning to realise soon enough. 

Kazakhstan 

:wow:

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

So we’re not? If Naismith was to have changed his mind at any point over the last month or so be going into the season with a team that’ll struggle to finish top 6?

Can be flippant if you wish, but it’s pretty clear we’ve had no real plan B to Naismith changing his mind, Djoum not signing or even Haring still being injured despite missing a large chunk of last season too.

Transfer window has another month to go yet. There's no way you can say we have no Djoum & Haring Plan B with any certainty.

Turns out Everton are sending him a cheque and won't get that in the post till Friday, he has to wait till it clears and the buggers have double folded it so that adds another day :(

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Turns out Everton are sending him a cheque and won't get that in the post till Friday, he has to wait till it clears and the buggers have double folded it so that adds another day :(

This.  I’m hearing it may be September now as he’ll lose his universal credit due to means testing if we sign him in August. 

Ibrahim Tall
23 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Transfer window has another month to go yet. There's no way you can say we have no Djoum & Haring Plan B with any certainty.

:laugh:

The season has already started, whether there’s a month left or not we could be out one of 3 cups and have potential to drop up to  12 points during that timeframe that could severely damage us for the rest of the season.

Even if we do signed Paul Pogba on the 31st, that isn’t a ‘plan’ it’s a reaction to making a big mistake and then hoping someone becomes available. 

Alex Kintner
56 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

No idea. Do you have access to our transfer plans or failing that, a tine machine?

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

:laugh:

The season has already started, whether there’s a month left or not we could be out one of 3 cups and have potential to drop up to  12 points during that timeframe that could severely damage us for the rest of the season.

Even if we do signed Paul Pogba on the 31st, that isn’t a ‘plan’ it’s a reaction to making a big mistake and then hoping someone becomes available. 

:facepalm:

Ibrahim Tall
11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:facepalm:

Bravo on being able to use the emoji function. I guess if you don’t have any words worth adding then there’s always that.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It is 1437 here in Melbourne. Getting concerned now.

(Not really).

I knew Australia was many years behind the times, but I didn't realise it was quite that many!

WheatfieldWarrior
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I knew Australia was many years behind the times, but I didn't realise it was quite that many!

:D