Airline ''padding''.

Bridge of Djoum

Jambo-Jimbo

There can be quite a time difference from the time an aircraft leave the gate and when it actually takes off, and equally from when it lands to when it parks at the gate, all depends upon how far the gates are from the runway and how busy they are.

Was on a recent flight to Berlin where we landed about 15 minutes early, then had to wait until a ground marshal guided the plane into it's parking slot, then another wait until the buses arrived and all because we were early, so arriving early didn't save any time in the end.

CavySlaveJambo

Arrival times are normally touchdown. So the padding may be taxi-ing time, especially in an airport like Amsterdam where there is one runaway that is a good 30 minute taxi. 

Also flight time are effected by wind conditions etc. 

4 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Arrival times are normally touchdown. So the padding may be taxi-ing time, especially in an airport like Amsterdam where there is one runaway that is a good 30 minute taxi. 

I think arrival time is on stand is it not? 

CavySlaveJambo
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think arrival time is on stand is it not? 

No, wheels down. Or at least it was. 

It's is doors open for claims for delays. 

Which may be another reason to pad arrival times. 

18 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I thought I was imagining things the first time I landed at Schiphol , it seemed to take 20 mins taxiing to get to the terminal. Even then,  from the Ryanair/Easyjet gate seemed to be another 15 min walk to baggage reclaim. 

Unknown user
23 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Schiphol has 6 runways mate.

- just re- read what you actually said

:facepalm:

Edited by Smithee