Curtis Main

Jeff

He's useless and his goal scoring record is abysmal. He sounds like exactly the kind of player that would interest Craig Levein. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Jodami

• RudiHMFC

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

This is from over a week ago...

...any other scoops?

Aye apparently Halkett is signing a pre contract any day now. Hope it's true 

been here before
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Welcome to the good ship dud Curtis, leave your career at the front door.

Class of 75

He is rank. Just the typical useless player that Levein would sign. Echoes of Sammon. Next season will see more hoof ball . If he does sign, is that the end of Vanececk? 

William H. Bonney
22 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Aye apparently Halkett is signing a pre contract any day now. Hope it's true 

He has already. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

If this is true then it’s an absoute joke Levein, is an absoute dinosaur Hoofball t the physical striker so obvious. 100% won’t be back until Levein, Is gone shocking manager.

This is exactly the type of reason that Levein should be told just now he is leaving in the summer and we are bringing another manager in. And that recruitment should be happening right now. Don't bring anyone in until we have that person in place.

Main would fit the profile of the type of player he would want to the tee. Utter shite. 

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

This is exactly the type of reason that Levein should be told just now he is leaving in the summer and we are bringing another manager in. And that recruitment should be happening right now. Don't bring anyone in until we have that person in place.

Main would fit the profile of the type of player he would want to the tee. Utter shite. 

Christ on a bike. Criticise him for yesterday because we were shite but to have a go about an unsubstantiated rumour makes I8 look sane. 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Motherwell supporter in work said he'd drive him to Tynecastle. Says been very poor this season and wont be missed.

Three year deal incoming. 

16 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Christ on a bike. Criticise him for yesterday because we were shite but to have a go about an unsubstantiated rumour makes I8 look sane. 

There’s enough terrible signings to criticise him for without the need to go on players we’re rumoured to be signing. 

A woeful signing if we do end up after him however.  Can’t see it though, but we did sign Ryan Edwards. 

merseyjambo

Hardly likely to increase season ticket sales if true

Similar type of signing to Sammon. Living of one half decent season for a mediocre club.

No thanks. He signs and I won’t bother with the 400 mile round trip, I’d rather go to Altrincham or Stockport  to watch my football. That’s his level

fabienleclerq

Tin hat on, the season before Main was good and we really struggled with him. He absolutely fits the way Levein wants to play (I know) and when Uche was out no one we have filled in adequately. 

So if I'm Levein I see him as a good signing as he doesn't have to change things if Uche is out. 

Whether he is good enough as a manager now or Main will be shite is a different argument, but for being a backup to Uche he fits. 

Given the way he plays the game, and the way refs enjoy sending our players off, he'd be a red card every time he plays. 

Also, he's utterly horse and nowhere near the level. Please don't let this happen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ruined Aberdeen more than once last season doesn't seem to have followed up this season 

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Uche has a good first touch, his lay offs and intelligence needs work though.

He (Uche) needs to have someone up beside him. The man that is missing and whose absence is impacting on almost every player on the park is Naismith. The one thing we don't want is someone else coming in who can play up front on their own in place of Uche. Surely there is someone either on the management/coaching side, or behind the scenes at Tynecastle who is aware that the last time we had any success when only one person was played up the park on their own was when Kevin Kyle played that role. And that was at a time when we had the sort of back up players coming from midfield who could contribute goals.

I hear this story about Main on Saturday as well, and that he was back at Tynecastle again just last week

Edited by portobellojambo1

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He (Uche) needs to have someone up beside him. The man that is missing and whose absence is impacting on almost every player on the park is Naismith. The one thing we don't want is someone else coming in who can play up front on their own in place of Uche. Surely there is someone either on the management/coaching side, or behind the scenes at Tynecastle who is aware that the last time we had any success when only one person was played up the park on their own was when Kevin Kyle played that role. And that was at a time when we had the sort of back up players coming from midfield who could contribute goals.

I hear this story about Main on Saturday as well, and that he was back at Tynecastle again just last week

We absolutely miss Naismith, we also miss any shape as a a team right now! I'm finding defending the manager pretty hard just now. Having a backup to your main striker is a good thing still. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Gnjambo16 said:

I’m hearing this from 2 or 3 areas yesterday. Does anyone hear similar? It’s sound the sort silky player CL would go for ☹️

Sounds plausible, we'll need someone to replace Sammon.

pettigrewsstylist

Another cart horse to compliment our eye bleeding  one dimensional stlye

Believable!

Wont be able to handle size of club and bottle will crash like others before him.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Sounds plausible, we'll need someone to replace Sammon.

Can I ask why we need a replacement for Sammon, or am I missing some sort of humour within your post.

25 minutes ago, GYL said:

If you call a first touch a brick wall......doesn't lift his head and is clueless, genuinely think Main would be an upgrade

Curtis Main, this season 36 appearances 6 goals in all comps

Uche 22 apps  7 goals so Main would not be an upgrade. Bearing in mind the time out injured I don't think Uche's had a bad season. He's raw and needs to learn to involve others but he's only going to get better. Curtis Main signing isn't gonna shift ST's

Cruyff Turn

Surely the board recognise the mood amongst the support at the moment and should stop CL signing anymore shite before his position has been reviewed. 

Personally, I can’t see us signing him. That would be like signing your own death warrant. 

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Can I ask why we need a replacement for Sammon, or am I missing some sort of humour within your post.

:facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Curtis Main, this season 36 appearances 6 goals in all comps

Uche 22 apps  7 goals so Main would not be an upgrade. Bearing in mind the time out injured I don't think Uche's had a bad season. He's raw and needs to learn to involve others but he's only going to get better. Curtis Main signing isn't gonna shift ST's

There is Lies..damn Lies and then there is the biggest lie....Statistics....

Listen just my opinion but having watched Uche in the last 3 games...spends too much time on his arse....first touch is 2 yards away from him and doesn't lift his head.....last week and yesterday he had the opportunity to play a simple ball to Lee? for a clear shot on goal but had a wild swipe at the ball instead, i'm sorry but IMO clueless and not good enough for Hearts going forward....not saying Main is the answer either but .....

N

19 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Would be better signing zeefuik 

I’d be happy with this ?. Direct physical and banged them in. Keep him fit and he’s great 

7 minutes ago, GYL said:

Listen just my opinion but having watched Uche in the last 3 games...spends too much time on his arse....first touch is 2 yards away from him and doesn't lift his head.....last week and yesterday he had the opportunity to play a simple ball to Lee? for a clear shot on goal but had a wild swipe at the ball instead, i'm sorry but IMO clueless and not good enough for Hearts going forward....not saying Main is the answer either but .....

I really find it hard to believe he was an academy player at Reading and that Watford paid  money for him. A total donkey.  But Curtis Main is not the answer , doubt there's any truth in the rumour. 

9 minutes ago, GYL said:

He's nowhere near the finished article but he's scored more goals than Main in a team that doesn't score many and despite the fact that he's been out injured for a fair old spell. I don't know if Main is the answer either but, TBH given the choice I'd pick Uche

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I really find it hard to believe he was an academy player at Reading and that Watford paid  money for him. A total donkey.  But Curtis Main is not the answer , doubt there's any truth in the rumour. 

Was told last week it was a done deal...not ITK though, just a random guy at the semi..

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He's nowhere near the finished article but he's scored more goals than Main in a team that doesn't score many and despite the fact that he's been out injured for a fair old spell. I don't know if Main is the answer either but, TBH given the choice I'd pick Uche

i look at Uche at the way he is used and can't see him getting any better, what age is he now 24 ?

Curtis main is exactly and I mean exactly the type of signing Craig Levein will make, he's built like the side of a house and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, likes an injury too.

1 minute ago, GYL said:

Was told last week it was a done deal...not ITK though, just a random guy at the semi..

i look at Uche at the way he is used and can't see him getting any better, what age is he now 24 ?

Fair enough. I'm off to the boozer  and will spend the evening   salivating at the thought of an Uche/Curtis front pairing.  It doesn't bear thinking about - if true. WTF happens to Vanadud then ?