Curtis Main

Jeff

No issues with Main. Watching him battle with Berra was very enjoyable. Old school centre forward versus old school centre half. No malice just two players giving everything. Glad to day Berra won the battle!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Jodami

• RudiHMFC

• Thommo414

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

My only worry is how he'll handle a proper 50/50 challenge, like the one with Carson that resulted in his injury.

I really think he will be okay. He might be a little hesitant with 50/50 challenges initially, but I don’t wont him making those sort of challenges anyway - i want him bullying defenders and scoring goals.

8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I really think he will be okay. He might be a little hesitant with 50/50 challenges initially, but I don’t wont him making those sort of challenges anyway - i want him bullying defenders and scoring goals.

I hope you’re right. 

We're going to have to be patient with him, though. It might take a while for his match sharpness to make a return. 

34 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I hope you’re right. 

We're going to have to be patient with him, though. It might take a while for his match sharpness to make a return. 

True.

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I do actually rate him to be honest I think he’s a decent player 

I agree. Quick, good feet, can finish, and doesn’t get bullied. Basically everything we lack up front at the moment.

Broxburn Jambo
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'd have him any day of the week.

Exactly what we're missing.

For now.

You are joking, He only jumped for one ball all day, We may as well recall the fish, the man is an absolute pig of a player

Thought it was funny that he was purposely targeting Berra (due to CB coming back from injury) when he probably would have had more luck from Smith or Dikamona.

3 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Thought it was funny that he was purposely targeting Berra (due to CB coming back from injury) when he probably would have had more luck from Smith or Dikamona.

Maybe watched the Rangers game 

5 hours ago, kila said:

Somehow survived the game without a booking

How many fouls does one player have to commit in a game before it is regarded as persistent ?

I reckon he had six today, including a handball, almost 50% of the fouls given against Motherwell throughout the match.

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually mind the guy. Likes the physical challenge and just gets on with the game.

But there's not a snowball's chance that someone like Uche, who plays a similar role, would get away with 6 fouls in a game and not get booked.

8 hours ago, Busby8 said:

How many fouls does one player have to commit in a game before it is regarded as persistent ?

I reckon he had six today, including a handball, almost 50% of the fouls given against Motherwell throughout the match.

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually mind the guy. Likes the physical challenge and just gets on with the game.

But there's not a snowball's chance that someone like Uche, who plays a similar role, would get away with 6 fouls in a game and not get booked.

Absolutely and that included the two worst fouls of the games, neither were awful but either could have been a booking on their own so in amongst the other fouls really should have added up to a booking.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Good feet and can finish? The guy's scored two league goals all season, one of them a penalty. He's yad.

He is a guy who has limited ability therefore plays to his strength, which is...his strength. I reckon any old fashioned centre half will love the battle with him.

10 hours ago, Busby8 said:

Said the same at the game! Counted 6 as well and at least 3 of those were bookings by themselves!

• 4 months later...
August Landmesser

Assuming Conor Sammon is Mr September in the 2019 calendar he would be a good replacement

The Internet

A scoring record many hearts strikers would be proud of. 

Always thought he was shite tbh. 3 goals in 30 games doesn't convince me otherwise. Worrying if true. 

Bazzas right boot

He wouldn't improve us or give us anything different from what we have. 

I really hope not. 

Seymour M Hersh
58 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Can't stand the prick but he always seems to do well against us.

So did John Sutton.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Suppose Id take him tbh. But don't we have enough strikers? Our problem is we have almost zero creativity and we cant support or supply our strikers most of the time. I don't see how this would solve our problems. 

4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Suppose Id take him tbh. But don't we have enough strikers? Our problem is we have almost zero creativity and we cant support or supply our strikers most of the time. I don't see how this would solve our problems. 

Exactly! If we were looking at anyone from Motherwell it should be a Hastie, Turnbull, Cadden etc not a huddy who acts the hard man until someone breathes in his general direction. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Forgot to quote you Thommo414

Yep! Hastie has a lot of options but I'd still like us to try and tempt him here with a pre contract. Couldn't hurt!  

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

15 hours ago, Chaps said:

Hearing that he was shown around the training ground this week with Craig and Austin 

Thoughts?

Heard this too.

Curtis Main of last season I’d have taken, but he’s been utter mince this year. So we’ll probably end up signing him. 

Allowayjambo1874

It will be a very poor signing if true, Sammon mk2, on loan to some shite like St Mirren  6 months after he makes his debut whilst we pay his wages. 

Wheatfield bouncer?

Nah to be fair if there's one thing we miss it's a goal shy Phil Mitchell lookalike up top, hope he sings.

Edited by RudiHMFC