• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• AWM

• Cade

• Greedy Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not yet clear how we will see it in the UK. Disney+ still doesn't have a UK release date, but it isn't likely to be this year. If they don't licence the series through something like Sky Atlantic, Netflix or Prime, it might be you'll need a VPN and an overseas subscription to gain access 

Good trailer though :D

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

It's not yet clear how we will see it in the UK. Disney+ still doesn't have a UK release date, but it isn't likely to be this year. If they don't licence the series through something like Sky Atlantic, Netflix or Prime, it might be you'll need a VPN and an overseas subscription to gain access 

Good trailer though :D

In this day and age that may cost them. These things will be up on torrent sites within a couple of hours so not launching in as many territories as possible is just going to hit them in the pocket.

Probably would pay for a subscription to Disney's service but I'll not be waiting until next year to watch shows that will have been available to download for months.

Bizarre that they aren't launching in the UK and instead are headed to Netherlands.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

I'd imagine the "Rey" in the last shot is a Dark Side clone.

TLJ more or less pointed to Rey being a clone when she was in the cave.

But a clone of who?

39 minutes ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

But a clone of who?

Possibly just an in-vitro child conceived using Skywalker DNA and then cloned after that.

37 minutes ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

But a clone of who?

Technically it would have to a clone of a woman, unless they just copied the X chromosome if cloned from a man

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Possibly just an in-vitro child conceived using Skywalker DNA and then cloned after that.

More likely - cloned from Vader making Luke her nephew and Kylo her god know what - a bit of Hibs type family

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, DarthVodka said:

More likely - cloned from Vader making Luke her nephew and Kylo her god know what - a bit of Hibs type family

Is it not more likely to be Luke. He is missing a hand somewhere :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Is it not more likely to be Luke. He is missing a hand somewhere :lol: 

Which was obviously found as the lightsaber that Maz had in her possession was being gripped by that hand when it was chopped off.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

Which was obviously found as the lightsaber that Maz had in her possession was being gripped by that hand when it was chopped off.

That would have to have been some catch!

Samuel Camazzola
15 hours ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

But a clone of who?

Its a bit early in the morning but my first thoughts when I read 'TLJ' were "When did Tommy Lee Jones become involved?" 😄 

• 1 month later...
Jambo, Goodbye

Looks shite. 

The galaxy's greatest ever Mary Sue, the untrained Jedi/Fighter/Millenium Falcon Pilot/Lightsaber duelist/Sister that Leia never had, still tearing everything up I see. 

Every male character made to look weak and pathetic (Luke), be easily defeated (Kylo), made into a comedic villain that scares nobody (General Hux) or denied making sacrifices by pointless extras, which is what Star Wars is all about (Finn) in line with Kathleen Kennedy's "The Force is Female" political agenda.

Incidentally, I recently just finished watching the first two Terminators and Alien films. 

Linda Hamilton and Sigourney Weaver were awesome, proper kick-ass heroines. Love those two! That's how it's done!

Meanwhile Star Wars Mary 'Rey' Sue has no personality, no story arc, still no training, and apparently no change of clothes to even speak of. 

**** off Kathleen, and **** off Disney Star Wars! 

...and breathe...

23 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Looks shite. 

The galaxy's greatest ever Mary Sue, the untrained Jedi/Fighter/Millenium Falcon Pilot/Lightsaber duelist/Sister that Leia never had, still tearing everything up I see. 

Every male character made to look weak and pathetic (Luke), be easily defeated (Kylo), made into a comedic villain that scares nobody (General Hux) or denied making sacrifices by pointless extras, which is what Star Wars is all about (Finn) in line with Kathleen Kennedy's "The Force is Female" political agenda.

Incidentally, I recently just finished watching the first two Terminators and Alien films. 

Linda Hamilton and Sigourney Weaver were awesome, proper kick-ass heroines. Love those two! That's how it's done!

Meanwhile Star Wars Mary 'Rey' Sue has no personality, no story arc, still no training, and apparently no change of clothes to even speak of. 

...and breathe...

:D

I just don't think it was very revealing, although it looks like the rumours are going to be true.

Looked like Rey is training at the start. The clothes thing is funny though. 👍

Sadly Rose is out the coma. As you say, pointless.

Spoiler

Hux is rumoured to be a Resistance spy...which I'm not sure I like as it was already done in Star Wars Rebels)

I'll still be hyped for it and it can't be worse than TLJ.

Will be raging if Threepio dies though or Chewie. 🤬

On the plus side, Wedge Antilles is supposed to be back (probably to kill off). 

The Mandalorian tv show has received good early screening feedback which at least is a positive.

4 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Looks shite. 

...and breathe...

Did she not get training off Luke Skywalker in the last one?

Almost a Brexit feeling about Episode 9 for some people - lets just get it over with!

Still looks good to me though. 

Edited by Mysterion

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Did she not get training off Luke Skywalker in the last one?

She followed him around,  meditated a little,  and then actually beat him in a fight. 

Not really the protagonist overcoming obstacles to emerge as our hero tbh. 

Also at this point, she'd already beaten Kylo, blocked his force mind reading powers,  flew the Falcon through a star destroyer and even learned to swim (she's from a planet of sand) 😂

Anyway,  I don't wanna keep ranting. I could start a new thread full of this stuff 👍

People do realise this is a film and not a documentary yeah??

Really don't get why people get so upset about things like this - similar to the last series of GoT.

If you don't like it - stop watching or make your own.

been here before
12 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Looks shite. 

...and breathe...

6 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

She followed him around,  meditated a little,  and then actually beat him in a fight. 

Not really the protagonist overcoming obstacles to emerge as our hero tbh. 

Also at this point, she'd already beaten Kylo, blocked his force mind reading powers,  flew the Falcon through a star destroyer and even learned to swim (she's from a planet of sand) 😂

Anyway,  I don't wanna keep ranting. I could start a new thread full of this stuff 👍

Jeeesus Christ.

How serious can you take a Star Wars film? Its light sabers, robots and goodies against badies.

Switch off a wee bit and enjoy it for what it is- A Star Wars film.

Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Jeeesus Christ.

How serious can you take a Star Wars film? Its light sabers, robots and goodies against badies.

Switch off a wee bit and enjoy it for what it is- A Star Wars film.

The underlying problems in today's Hollywood goes far deeper than star wars. It depends how much passion and interest you actually hold in the performing arts. 

I also get the impression you've really misunderstood the tone in which I wrote my first post, although sounding angry and upset, wasn't actually written in some mad rage. 

There's more to it if you care to take a big enough interest in it. 

I'll let those who actually like the new trilogy carry this thread onwards ina more positive fashion though. Unless someone provokes another reply. 

Dean Winchester

Pretty meh about it after VIII.

More excited about the Mandalorian  as that is sounding like it may be quite good from the initial reviews.

34 minutes ago, Boris said:

Looks like Lando's back.  

:spoton:

And Lando's back by the looks of it...

My thoughts on it were the C3PO bit is cringe but at least Lando's back.

I can't say I'd considered there was a man-hating angle to it.

48 minutes ago, Darren said:

My thoughts on it were the C3PO bit is cringe but at least Lando's back.

Agreed

48 minutes ago, Darren said:

I can't say I'd considered there was a man-hating angle to it.

Because their isn't?  But I guess it all depends on how you look at it, from a certain point of view...

Brighton Jambo
On 22/10/2019 at 20:57, Jambo, Goodbye said:

The underlying problems in today's Hollywood goes far deeper than star wars. It depends how much passion and interest you actually hold in the performing arts. 

I also get the impression you've really misunderstood the tone in which I wrote my first post, although sounding angry and upset, wasn't actually written in some mad rage. 

There's more to it if you care to take a big enough interest in it. 

I'll let those who actually like the new trilogy carry this thread onwards ina more positive fashion though. Unless someone provokes another reply. 

I am where you are, the last Jedi in particular was not just an incoherent mess but a deliberate and calculated **** you to real fans.  

It openly talked about letting the past die to a group of people who had waited 30 years for something.  

Rian johnson just didn’t ‘get it’.  There was zero fan service, little nods for the die hard, something marvel cinematic universe does so well.  Rogue One did it well so they can do it but the director was a huge fan.  

Allegedly they were still filming as of a couple of weeks ago. Not editing. Actual filming.

They've filmed at least 6 different endings and seem to be struggling to come up with a cohesive storyline.

Disney seem to be trying very hard to kill their $4billion golden goose by constantly interfering in the production process and making film by committee.

:sob:

Oh, and the two guys that rushed and ruined the end of Game of Thrones to go create the next Star Wars trilogy have left Disney and will no longer be involved in Star Wars.

:gok:

Dean Winchester
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The UK not getting Disney + until end of March 2020 so looks like a good wait for the Mandalorian. 😡

Anybody that wants to watch this isn't going to be waiting until March.

As I said earlier, it's a big shot in the foot by Disney to not be launching in as many territories as possible.

9 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Anybody that wants to watch this isn't going to be waiting until March.

As I said earlier, it's a big shot in the foot by Disney to not be launching in as many territories as possible.

Think I read it was something to do with their contract with Sky running to February?

But you are right...will be trying to get some sort of download.

😎

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Think I read it was something to do with their contract with Sky running to February?

😎

Aware that BT TV are going to have the Disney+ services integrated onto the BTTV service at launch.

Dean Winchester
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

😎

Maybe but doesn't really explain the likes of Spain/France etc where Sky don't operate. Would the likes of The Mandalorian even be covered under a movie deal with Sky? Unless it was a pretty vague all new Disney content they get first access to... So why not launch with a limited offering and then move the likes of the Marvel/Disney movies that are on Sky just now over in March?

I suspect there is maybe some infrastructure issues that they haven't been able to put into place in time... And were relying on acquiring Sky to be able to piggy back of the Sky Go infrastructure.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really about Episode 9 but watched the first 3 episodes of The Mandalorian..... Holy shit that is what’s been missing with the latest films! They’ve nailed the feel of the originals and I’m loving every minute so far! 

Gives us Star Wars fans hope that Disney can do things right with the Star Wars universe! 

3 hours ago, AWM said:

What's the betting the Knights of Ren get about 15secs of screen time whilst fecking Rose Tico gets at least 15mins! 😡🤣

Dean Winchester
50 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

Not really about Episode 9 but watched the first 3 episodes of The Mandalorian..... Holy shit that is what’s been missing with the latest films! They’ve nailed the feel of the originals and I’m loving every minute so far! 

Gives us Star Wars fans hope that Disney can do things right with the Star Wars universe! 

It has been the best thing Star Wars related since the original trilogy ended. Jon Favreau is a superb writer.

Don't want to get my hopes up with only being 3 episodes in... Just hoping they have something smart planned with you know who and it doesn't become predictable.

1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

It has been the best thing Star Wars related since the original trilogy ended. Jon Favreau is a superb writer.

Don't want to get my hopes up with only being 3 episodes in... Just hoping they have something smart planned with you know who and it doesn't become predictable.

Completely agree! Although I must say that they’ve made such a strong start that I have faith in Favreau to deliver now after 3 very solid episodes! Very refreshing to see after the huge divide and hate the recent trilogy has caused so far! 

11 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

They can pretty much do whatever they want as it's obviously not actually the main man.

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

They can pretty much do whatever they want as it's obviously not actually the main man.

Spoiler

I assume we are both talking about the baby? In which case, of course not. It's set 5 years after Yoda's death.

My point is I'd rather he was just a brand new character that just happens to be the same species. I felt like they were going down the cloning route and then you seen the Kamino symbol on the doctor in the latest episode.

I just hope that they are trying to clone this new character rather than him being a clone. It may have implications on Episode IX with speculation that the Emperor/Dark Rey are clones.