3 Week Old Baby Mauled by Dog

Салатные палочки

indianajones
15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

According to my Missus who is itk on all things in that shitehole Hawick, it was patterdale terriers and a lurcher that attacked the child. Those dugs are used in those parts for deer hunting and badger baiting. Which might explain. 

Badger baiting is illegal so that will have nothing to do with it. 

Dogs used for hunting (deer stalking) are some of the most highly trained and obiedent dogs I've seen/worked with so again I don't think thats a relevant comment. 

That said, dugs are dugs and no matter how friendly and well trained your family pet/working dog is, it still has the ability to do something horrific as this. 

Cruyff Turn
16 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

They are also pretty much the most popular dogs. 

Have you any stats on serious attacks? If you think labs in general are more aggressive than staffies or pitbulls you're a bit deluded. 

Deluded, aye ok then, believe what you want, I don’t give a shit but yet I’ve backed it up. 

doctor jambo
41 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Deluded, aye ok then, believe what you want, I don’t give a shit but yet I’ve backed it up. 

Difference between a nip, and a fatality.

10 year old killed today again. Staffies. Bull terriers, Akita’s all need banned under the dangerous dogs act.

Its all well about training and owners- but how can you tell if the dog on the beach is ok or mental?

Its either that or they are muzzled in public, break that rule and the dog is put down and you are banned from keeping one again

Cruyff Turn
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Difference between a nip, and a fatality.

10 year old killed today again. Staffies. Bull terriers, Akita’s all need banned under the dangerous dogs act.

Its all well about training and owners- but how can you tell if the dog on the beach is ok or mental?

Its either that or they are muzzled in public, break that rule and the dog is put down and you are banned from keeping one again

Utter nonsense. 

Theres like millions of Staffies that don’t go around biting folk but let’s just ban them all.

Bit like me saying, let’s neuter all men because there’s a few kiddy fiddlers kicking about. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You never really backed anything up, staffies and pitbulls are more dangerous than labradors. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

You never really backed anything up, staffies and pitbulls are more dangerous than labradors. 

Pit bulls are banned in the U.K. I’ve never seen one in my life in this Country but if you did, you’d spot it a mile away, they are enormous beasts and shouldn’t be mistaken for Staffies, which are a completely different breed. I don’t think there has been any pitbull attacks in the U.K. since they were banned years ago.

In your opinion, even though the stats show that Labs are responsible for the most attacks. Clearly if the stats show that Labs are responsible for the most attacks, they therefore must be the most aggressive. As I said, believe what you want. 

fabienleclerq
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Pit bulls are banned in the U.K. I’ve never seen one in my life in this Country but if you did, you’d spot it a mile away, they are enormous beasts and shouldn’t be mistaken for Staffies, which are a completely different breed. I don’t think there has been any pitbull attacks in the U.K. since they were banned years ago.

In your opinion, even though the stats show that Labs are responsible for the most attacks. Clearly if the stats show that Labs are responsible for the most attacks, they therefore must be the most aggressive. As I said, believe what you want. 

I said staffies are more dangerous than labs, I struggle to see how anyone can argue. 

It's like saying an AK is less dangerous than a water pistol. 

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Utter nonsense. 

Theres like millions of Staffies that don’t go around biting folk but let’s just ban them all.

Bit like me saying, let’s neuter all men because there’s a few kiddy fiddlers kicking about. 

There are millions of guns in the USA that don’t kill kids.

Its the few that do that cause the issue.

I like knives, but I wouldn’t walk around a park with one

22 hours ago, Cygnet said:

Can someone post me a link to an article covering a situation where a Labrador, poodle or Collie etc has mauled a child? I await with baited breath. Thanks. 

Labs are responsible for the most reported attacks of any dog breed.

Just read someone else said that aswell.

Edited by Herbert

Cruyff Turn
46 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I said staffies are more dangerous than labs, I struggle to see how anyone can argue. 

It's like saying an AK is less dangerous than a water pistol. 

That’s your opinion. Not really what the stats say though. 

fabienleclerq
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s your opinion. Not really what the stats say though. 

Your stats didn't cover the severity of attacks so in regards to proving anything are weak. Labradors are more popular by 20% as well so obviously this will impact the stats too. 

Cruyff Turn
46 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There are millions of guns in the USA that don’t kill kids.

Its the few that do that cause the issue.

I like knives, but I wouldn’t walk around a park with one

A dog isn’t comparable to a gun or a knife. For a dog to be used in that fashion, they have to be taught or made to be like that. The overwhelming majority of all dogs from every breed are absolutely fine.

Problematic dogs are either in-bred, mistreated or taught to be aggressive. 

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Your stats didn't cover the severity of attacks so in regards to proving anything are weak. Labradors are more popular by 20% as well so obviously this will impact the stats too. 

I’d imagine any reported attack by a dog would have to be pretty bad to be reported and recorded in the first place. 

I think puppy farming has a lot to answer for when it comes to dog attacks on humans. Especially your ‘pure breed’ and popular types, like Labs. They are in-bred or/and mistreated as commodities and seem to have a few loose wires.

I cannot find any statistics of what type of dogs are responsible for the most severe attacks or fatal attacks on humans but it seems from various articles that Rottweilers, illegal Pit Bulls and Jack Russells are responsible for most human fatalities in the U.K. 

fabienleclerq
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d imagine any reported attack by a dog would have to be pretty bad to be reported and recorded in the first place. 

I think puppy farming has a lot to answer for when it comes to dog attacks on humans. Especially your ‘pure breed’ and popular types, like Labs. They are in-bred or/and mistreated as commodities and seem to have a few loose wires.

I cannot find any statistics of what type of dogs are responsible for the most severe attacks or fatal attacks on humans but it seems from various articles that Rottweilers, illegal Pit Bulls and Jack Russells are responsible for most human fatalities in the U.K. 

Jack Russell's! Jesus! Do they attack when you are lying down?

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Jack Russell's! Jesus! Do they attack when you are lying down?

? I know, who’d have thunk it but they go for the jugular, literally.