Three JKB official announcements.

davemclaren

davemclaren

Three things happened this morning...

1. Was in at the stadium today ( renewing my own season tickets ) and renewed the adult and child season tickets that the members of JKB provide to the Sick Kids hospital. These are much appreciated and well used. 

2. Our certificate arrived confirming that JKB is now a Corporate Member of McCrae’s Battalion Trust. See picture below. 

3. I got my hair cut at a wee barbers on Gorgie Road...and only a fiver as I’m retired. No picture below. 

AECEF8DE-2086-4CA6-B571-C36C31716B67.jpeg

the jambo poet

a nice wee morning for mr McLaren and well done kickback... Proof whether it was a bargain haircut or not will only be proven when said head is posted on here...or in the shed? ;-)

1 minute ago, the jambo poet said:

a nice wee morning for mr McLaren and well done kickback... Proof whether it was a bargain haircut or not will only be proven when said head is posted on here...or in the shed? ?

There’s one somewhere on the forum already.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, kila said:

Excellent, the Sick Kids season tickets are a great thing

Do you actually have any hair left to cut Dave?

:muggy:

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Where's the scarf above the freshly cut hair on the heid picture?

EDITED

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

:muggy:

Judinging by your picture you obviously do have enough hair.  Why so grumpy, though?

The Future's Maroon

Great stuff on the Sick Kids and McCrae’s Battalion Trust.

Also, congratulations on having a head of hair to cut after retirement and being Admin on here ?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great stuff, Dave. 

I would have used the clippers on you for under a fiver mind......

?

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Come on mods do the right thing! 

:lol: 

At last a positive thread! Thank you Dave. 

Agreed.

Get rid of that horrid picture.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Well done Dave, aye cheap pensioner haircuts every Thursday lol

I get mine done on other days

Prefer to avoid the Cheap Pensioners in favour of the general public

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Rich Pensioner day I assume. ??

What is a "corprorate" membership of the trust about please ?

Congrats on having enough hair to get it professionally cut. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Excellent, the Sick Kids season tickets are a great thing

Do you actually have any hair left to cut Dave?

Was away to say superb stuff then ask the same before looking in the mirror and remembering my lack of hair was worse than @davemclaren ?

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

3. I got my hair cut at a wee barbers on Gorgie Road...and only a fiver as I’m retired. No picture below. 

Eyebrows, nasal & ears included?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

1. Was in at the stadium today ( renewing my own season tickets ) and renewed the adult and child season tickets that the members of JKB provide to the Sick Kids hospital. These are much appreciated and well used. 

2. Our certificate arrived confirming that JKB is now a Corporate Member of McCrae’s Battalion Trust. See picture below. 

Superb news 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was away to say superb stuff then ask the same before looking in the mirror and remembering my lack of hair was worse than @davemclaren ?

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I include myself in that :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Been kyboshed by Ann Dave. 

Great news 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

:verysmug:

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Well done Dave. I’m proud that JKB generously support this and other worthy causes. Thanks for the sterling work

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Only problem is, Dave is in Lower G !?

He isn’t really.....!!

Good work, Mr Mod !

?

Upper C ( sweetyrustlers ). ?

Great stuff.  Not wishing to steal JKB's thunder but I have two official announcements of my own.

1  Hearts are going to thrash ICT.

2  Rory is going to win the Masters.

4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Topical for me this as I'm getting one today if it ever stops raining.  A few months ago the hairdresser guy asked me what number I wanted.  Responding to my perplexed look he said - you know, a number or a number 2 etc.  I was tempted to say I haven't come for a piss, I've come for a haircut.

It takes them longer to do my nose these days than it does my hair.

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Topical for me this as I'm getting one today if it ever stops raining.  A few months ago the hairdresser guy asked me what number I wanted.  Responding to my perplexed look he said - you know, a number or a number 2 etc.  I was tempted to say I haven't come for a piss, I've come for a haircut.

It takes them longer to do my nose these days than it does my hair.

My Kosovan barber (who you wouldn't mess with, I'm telling you) in London used to greet me with "Braveheart!" when he saw me come through the door

One day when he was doing my hair he said "Nose hair?" to me and I realised he was asking me about a hair which sprouts from the middle of my nose annoyingly every now and then. "yes" I said assuming it was the same question as when he says "Eyebrows" and gives them a wee once over with the razor.

Next thing I know I'm yelping as he yanks it off my nose with his bare hands and I'm half way off the chair with my nose bleeding. He seemed surprised at this display of cowardice and stopped calling me Braveheart after that.....

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

3 important points but the most important lacks a picture

Hair Hair  ?

PS the other 2 are not bad though

Ok, Ice Blonde these days and cut quite short.  ?

8956F205-2571-4281-8F42-1F7F78C26219.jpeg

Footballfirst

One of my neighbours works in Bitz 'n Bobz in Gorgie Road if that's the hairdressers you used. A good Jambo too.