Top Posters In This Topic

• jake

• Mikey1874

• felix

• Malinga the Swinga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good.

The guy's a prick but this entire saga has painted the US and UK authorities in a very dim light and highlighted that the rule of law only just about still applies.

37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Is that a dig at the Epstein 'suicide'? 

Hadn't really thought of that. Quite sly if so.

Up front looks like a face saving way of releasing someone who shouldn't have been in Belmarsh in the first place..

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

Good.

The guy's a prick but this entire saga has painted the US and UK authorities in a very dim light and highlighted that the rule of law only just about still applies.

Well the judge today dismissed all the defence arguments. Basically saying it is correct he should face trial in the US.

The cruelty of the US penal system in place particularly since 9/11 has let them down. Ball in their court now to arrange a better prison arrangement. Doubt they will be capable of doing that though.

14 minutes ago, Candy said:

His bidey in has just claimed on BBC that the US tried to kill him on British soil

That's OK, only Russians are baddies. 

Unfortunately, he’s not quite free yet. The USA will appeal the ruling and there’s no guarantee that it won’t be successful.

The ruling was based on the risk of his suicide rather than whether the US has a legitimate case against him, which strengthens the chances of a successful appeal in my opinion.

It’s not only an injustice what has happened to him - but it’s legitimately frightening that the UK has been apart of this.

Every human rights organisation has condemned his treatment, as has almost all sensible political voice who has spoken. It really is a disgrace and quite frankly disgusting what has been allowed to happen to him.

7 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Unfortunately, he’s not quite free yet. The USA will appeal the ruling and there’s no guarantee that it won’t be successful.

The ruling was based on the risk of his suicide rather than whether the US has a legitimate case against him, which strengthens the chances of a successful appeal in my opinion.

It’s not only an injustice what has happened to him - but it’s legitimately frightening that the UK has been apart of this.

Every human rights organisation has condemned his treatment, as has almost all sensible political voice who has spoken. It really is a disgrace and quite frankly disgusting what has been allowed to happen to him.

Agreed.

Our courts have a tendency to bend over to the U.S. for extradition whereas the reverse never happens, with that diplomat's wife who fled the country being a recent example.

Fxxx the SPFL
56 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

did he not actually hack into official US and Uk government internal websites which is illegal. i have signed as a civil servant the official secrets act if i leaked official secret info i would be jailed

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Agreed.

Our courts have a tendency to bend over to the U.S. for extradition whereas the reverse never happens, with that diplomat's wife who fled the country being a recent example.

They could offer an exchange deal.

That would piss off the Yanks.

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

did he not actually hack into official US and Uk government internal websites which is illegal. i have signed as a civil servant the official secrets act if i leaked official secret info i would be jailed

No, not really.

All the information published by wiki leaks was available on dozens on websites beforehand.

Also, he published illegal acts, made it known to the public domain, which ultimately is not only morally correct, but also what journalism and freedom of the press is for.

Amnesty International has called his treatment inhumane. 

His only crime was to call out corruption (as well as murderous acts) by both governments.

What they called hacking would be better defined as whistleblowing.

Edited by Tynieman

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

No, not really.

All the information published by wiki leaks was available on dozens on websites beforehand.

Also, he published illegal acts, made it known to the public domain, which ultimately is not only morally correct, but also what journalism and freedom of the press is for.

Amnesty International has called his treatment inhumane. 

His only crime was to call out corruption (as well as murderous acts) by both governments.

What they called hacking would be better defined as whistleblowing.

okay if it was all available beforehand seems crazy that he was pulled up

coconut doug
26 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

No.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

Absolutely, the court appointees and procedures have again demonstrated just what a corrupt country we live in.

17 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Absolutely, the court appointees and procedures have again demonstrated just what a corrupt country we live in.

Totally agree.

Unfortunately most of the population are blind to it all

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Totally agree.

Unfortunately most of the population are blind to it all

Including most of his fellow journalists. It's little wonder the public know so little. I expect he will now be legally silenced if he wants to be released from prison. 

Pity he was not extradited but if there are medical reasons that can stand up then that's how it has to be

Never seemed to have that problem living in the embassy though

coconut doug
4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Pity he was not extradited but if there are medical reasons that can stand up then that's how it has to be

Never seemed to have that problem living in the embassy though

Why would you want Assange to be extradited?

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Why would you want Assange to be extradited?

he has cost taxpayers a fortune already having police outside  the embassy for eight years. maybe he will  head back to Australia when he's released.

WoolfordsHearts
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

he has cost taxpayers a fortune already having police outside  the embassy for eight years. maybe he will  head back to Australia when he's released.

It's a disgrace,hopefully we've not been picking up this wrong un's legal bills aswell.

coconut doug
27 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

That's not a reason. He didn't ask them to waste their time.

coconut doug
21 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

It's a disgrace,hopefully we've not been picking up this wrong un's legal bills aswell.

How is he a wrong un?

Fxxx the SPFL
27 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

That's not a reason. He didn't ask them to waste their time.

well if he hadn't went into the embassy in the first place it could all have been resolved through the courts if he was innocent then fine set free guilty then jailed. was the initial charge not the one the Swedish courts wanted him extradited for an alleged sex crime so he could have ended up in Sweden then it wouldn't have ended up on our doorstep.

coconut doug
12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

well if he hadn't went into the embassy in the first place it could all have been resolved through the courts if he was innocent then fine set free guilty then jailed. was the initial charge not the one the Swedish courts wanted him extradited for an alleged sex crime so he could have ended up in Sweden then it wouldn't have ended up on our doorstep.

I don't think it could. Assange was going to be extradited to the USA and never see the light of day again. He has done humanity a great service, damaged the usa/west and was never getting a fair trial.

39 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I don't think it could. Assange was going to be extradited to the USA and never see the light of day again. He has done humanity a great service, damaged the usa/west and was never getting a fair trial.

Well said Doug. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If the allegations in Sweden were true then I feel very sorry for the women involved.

He’s a weird, creepy guy and probably a total prick but it’s the right decision not to extradite him and it’s always important to shine a light on what governments are actually doing. They can’t use national security to hush up things they shouldn’t be doing.

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If the allegations in Sweden were true then I feel very sorry for the women involved.

He’s a weird, creepy guy and probably a total prick but it’s the right decision not to extradite him and it’s always important to shine a light on what governments are actually doing. They can’t use national security to hush up things they shouldn’t be doing.

You and @WoolfordsHearts are right. He's a weird,  creepy wrongun

Reminds me of Christopher Jefferies :

image.jpeg.aa962d23957066e50df98f20a8f6b026.jpeg

• 11 months later...
Malinga the Swinga

Will be a great day for justice if he's sent to US for trial. 

Will be even better day if he's found guilty.

If he is innocent, he has nothing to fear. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If he is innocent, he has nothing to fear. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

For balanced justice an exchange with Anne Sacoolas (killed Harry Dunn)would be more appropriate.

Has the USA ever extradited anyone.

Answers on a postage stamp.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Guilty of what ?

30 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

For balanced justice an exchange with Anne Sacoolas (killed Harry Dunn)would be more appropriate.

I think they've extradited 7 - but details hazy.

Anne Sacoolas obvs not one of them 😔

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, felix said:

Guilty of what ?

I think they've extradited 7 - but details hazy.

Anne Sacoolas obvs not one of them 😔

👍

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Posted in all seriousness too. 

Sums you up 100%. 😁

Malinga the Swinga
57 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don't see them as tied. Yes, I believe she should stand trial in UK but just because she won't be, doesn't mean Assange shouldn't stand trial in US.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Posted in all seriousness too. 

Sums you up 100%. 😁

Wouldn't shed 1 tear if he is extradited. Not one. He knew the risk of what he was doing and now wants to run away from consequences.

Not a hero, a coward.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't see them as tied. Yes, I believe she should stand trial in UK but just because she won't be, doesn't mean Assange shouldn't stand trial in US.

Do you not slaver at the mouth thinking it would be a good day for justice if she stood trial, particularly if she was found guilty? 😁

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Do you not slaver at the mouth thinking it would be a good day for justice if she stood trial, particularly if she was found guilty? 😁

Of course it would be a good thing if she stood trial. If she's guilty (and by God, I think she is 100% guilty), then she should pay penalty. Where have I said she shouldn't. This thread not about her though.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unfortunately it always seems to be one way when the Yanks are involved. 

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Computer Hacking

Despite the fact that the " biggest military computer hack of all time" by a UK citizen  (Gary McKinnon) resulted in a blocked extradition by Theresa May ...Assange is really wanted for hacking !?

Nah.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tempting though it is, I don't believe we should act the same way as US. We would be no better than them should we do so.

It's tough, and I get why people think opposite.

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Indeed. 

It's acceptable to morons though. 

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Indeed. 

It's acceptable to morons though. 

It's surely more moronic to act the same as US than apply case by case logic. Do you just refuse to extradite anyone to US, or just the high profile ones?

Where do you draw line?

25 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's surely more moronic to act the same as US than apply case by case logic. Do you just refuse to extradite anyone to US, or just the high profile ones?

Where do you draw line?

I'm happy to give them Nonce Andrew. 😊

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

But but but. The special relationship!!