Jullian Assange arrested by Met Police

Rab87

Brighton Jambo
On 18/04/2019 at 23:29, Mikey1874 said:

It is strange there has been nothing about say Russia in Ukraine. 

Would have thought with their great reach Wikileaks could have got some intelligence there. 

Wonder why? 

Spot on.  Those people who think wiki leaks is a good thing are seriously misguided.  They are an organisation that releases information only if it suits their own political ideals.   That’s not serving the good of the population, that’s manipulating them.  

Julian Assange is clearly a very troubled man who needs the right medical help then needs to face due process for his crimes.   

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake

• Mikey1874

• felix

• Malinga the Swinga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Spot on.  Those people who think wiki leaks is a good thing are seriously misguided.  They are an organisation that releases information only if it suits their own political ideals.   That’s not serving the good of the population, that’s manipulating them.  

Julian Assange is clearly a very troubled man who needs the right medical help then needs to face due process for his crimes.   

They've uploaded  sensitive info on  American, Chinese, Kenyan , British and  Russian orginizations , plus docs from the church of Scientology. There's loads of conflicts and political coups they've missed.

What do you think is their political ideology and manipulative goal ?

3 minutes ago, felix said:

They've uploaded  sensitive info on  American, Chinese, Kenyan , British and  Russian orginizations , plus docs from the church of Scientology. There's loads of conflicts and political coups they've missed.

What do you think is their political ideology and manipulative goal ?

What information on Russia? 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

What information on Russia? 

It's easy to look at the info they store - google Wikileaks Russia or Ukraine .

If Wikileaks don't have enough Russian bad stuff -  try  DDoSecrets.

You think Wikileaks is funded by Russia ?

9 hours ago, felix said:

It's easy to look at the info they store - google Wikileaks Russia or Ukraine .

If Wikileaks don't have enough Russian bad stuff -  try  DDoSecrets.

You think Wikileaks is funded by Russia ?

Why would  I do any of that. 

You obviously don't know. The accusation is Wikileaks has links to Russia. Edward Snowdon is protected by Russia so maybe part of it. And that fundamentally Wikileaks is concerned at truth but not all truths. 

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Why would  I do any of that. 

Because you've asked what WikiLeaks have uploaded on Russia.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You obviously don't know. The accusation is Wikileaks has links to Russia. Edward Snowdon is protected by Russia so maybe part of it. And that fundamentally Wikileaks is concerned at truth but not all truths. 

I'm sure Wikileaks has some Russian links although denied by Assange.

Don't think they're purpose is to out all truths . There'll always be accusations of bias in relation to what gets uploaded , what doesn't. Surely of more concern is whether it's true or not, and no innocent lives should be put at risk.

• 1 month later...
Bindy Badgy
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

New charges brought by US

If the stuff about printing the names of Afghan and Iraqi informants is accurate his actions have probably cost people their lives.

Was any of the war crimes exposed not truthful.

And going by some arguments on here the truth is only relevant if you expose the truth on everyone.

Is there not others locked away in American prisons for exposing criminality?

3 hours ago, Stokesy said:

If the stuff about printing the names of Afghan and Iraqi informants is accurate his actions have probably cost people their lives.

You'd think....but I don't think his expose has cost any lives.

I'd also think any death attributed to Wikileaks, would be trumpeted loud and clear, by those out for Assange's head ?

7 hours ago, jake said:

Was any of the war crimes exposed not truthful.

And going by some arguments on here the truth is only relevant if you expose the truth on everyone.

Is there not others locked away in American prisons for exposing criminality?

Thanks to the Trump administration we're going down a dark path of injustice even with a twat like Assange.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/assange-wikileaks-free-speech-journalism-espionage.html

Assange is not a journalist by most people’s understanding of the word. But what he’s indicted for here is legally indistinguishable from what lots of journalists do. In the indictment’s words, he “repeatedly sought, obtained, and disseminated information that the United States classified” as secret. The authors of many front-page news stories and best-selling books are guilty of the same.

The Obama administration stopped short of indicting Assange precisely because it couldn’t be done without, in effect, criminalizing standard journalistic practices. Trump’s Justice Department is now doing just that, openly, blatantly, without blush or euphemism.

For this reason, the charges are unlikely to stick—but there’s a chance they will.

9 hours ago, Stokesy said:

It's accurate. After initially releasing key indirmariom like US forces killing Iraqi civilians, Wikileaks chose to release everything tgey got from Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning. Including names and locations of informants. 

6 hours ago, felix said:

You'd think....but I don't think his expose has cost any lives.

I'd also think any death attributed to Wikileaks, would be trumpeted loud and clear, by those out for Assange's head ?

The US policy is not to comment.  But wonder if they might at any trial. They have gone for this angle, one that isn't much discussed. But it's one that doesn't put Wikileaks in a good light. 

He'll serve his sentance here then should go to Sweden if they have any charges for him to face for any past offences

Only after that should any extradition to the USA be considered...and Sweden may have to make that decision not the UK

It took time but at last he's having to face the events he should have undergone some time ago

On 24/05/2019 at 18:57, Justin Z said:

Thanks to the Trump administration we're going down a dark path of injustice even with a twat like Assange.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/assange-wikileaks-free-speech-journalism-espionage.html

Assange is not a journalist by most people’s understanding of the word. But what he’s indicted for here is legally indistinguishable from what lots of journalists do. In the indictment’s words, he “repeatedly sought, obtained, and disseminated information that the United States classified” as secret. The authors of many front-page news stories and best-selling books are guilty of the same.

The Obama administration stopped short of indicting Assange precisely because it couldn’t be done without, in effect, criminalizing standard journalistic practices. Trump’s Justice Department is now doing just that, openly, blatantly, without blush or euphemism.

For this reason, the charges are unlikely to stick—but there’s a chance they will.

Shoot the messenger .

UN expert on torture who said Assange was the victim of psychological torture by US and UK was smeared.

His interview with RT denounced as it being the state TV of Russia.

Trouble is he gave interviews to both Sky and BBC stating the same thing.

Try finding those interviews.

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, jake said:

UN expert on torture who said Assange was the victim of psychological torture by US and UK was smeared.

His interview with RT denounced as it being the state TV of Russia.

Trouble is he gave interviews to both Sky and BBC stating the same thing.

Try finding those interviews.

BBC Article on it from 31 May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-48473898

Sky News (Australia) article on it from 1 June

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6043379894001

The reports are there for all to see, if folks can be bothered to look.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

BBC Article on it from 31 May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-48473898

Sky News (Australia) article on it from 1 June

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6043379894001

The reports are there for all to see, if folks can be bothered to look.

Sorry my post was a bit ambiguous.

The UN expert was vilified for giving a TV interview to Rt .

His retort was that he had given TV interviews to both Sky and BBC.

These were not aired .

Edited by jake

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Well that took long.

Did you find these TV interviews?

My point is that often viewpoints given that go against the grain result in the person giving them are slowly discredited.

Examples of journalists in Syria calling out the MSM version were met with an but didnt you work for RT once upon a time.

Jambo-Jimbo
49 minutes ago, jake said:

Sorry my post was a bit ambiguous.

The UN expert was vilified for giving a TV interview to Rt .

His retort was that he had given TV interviews to both Sky and BBC.

These were not aired .

No worries ?

On 02/06/2019 at 22:17, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No worries ?

Are you concerned about being persecuted for exposing truth ?

And that an UN expert on torture is being vilified for giving his expert opinion on torture because he dared to give that opinion to a TV station not approved by a state sponsored TV station which is sponsored by the country that he as a UN expert 9n torture accuses of this? 

Same question to Justin who mocks me and others ?

Oh by the way welcome tti Scotland.

Hope you like a good sceptical view of the world.

Edited by jake

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, jake said:

And that an UN expert on torture is being vilified for giving his expert opinion on torture because he dared to give that opinion to a TV station not approved by a state sponsored TV station which is sponsored by the country that he as a UN expert 9n torture accuses of this? 

Why would I be concerned about being persecuted for exposing the truth?

Or do you mean this UN guy?

If it's the latter, then this guy has expressed an opinion concerning Assange, it's his opinion it's what he thinks, as far as I see it, it doesn't make it fact or the truth, it's only his opinion, and unless he has hard physical evidence that Assange has or is being tortured then all it is, is his opinion.

Why Sky & the BBC have not shown the actual interview I have no idea, but if it bothers you so much, then why don't you contact them and ask their reasons why they didn't air the interview, the BBC has a show called Newswatch which deals with these sort of complaints from the public.

coconut doug
9 hours ago, jake said:

I agree with you. This is a huge story that has been sidelined and marginalised. At one time it would have been unthinkable that a journalist would be subjected to this treatment in the U.K. It's even more worrying that we are choosing to remove ourselves from international institutions, refusing to accept the validity of the UN and their experts. Very few of our politicians are speaking up for Assange and even fewer of his Journalistic colleagues. It's come to something when you have to look to Russian state funded media for a more balanced view.

This admittedly poor article backs up your point i think.   http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51710.htm

9 hours ago, jake said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the response I gave a short time ago.

And yet Trump is "the same as all the other presidents".

9 hours ago, jake said:

clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee0image.png.179f7f4e7e019fc078615a8612d87291.png

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Why would I be concerned about being persecuted for exposing the truth?

Or do you mean this UN guy?

If it's the latter, then this guy has expressed an opinion concerning Assange, it's his opinion it's what he thinks, as far as I see it, it doesn't make it fact or the truth, it's only his opinion, and unless he has hard physical evidence that Assange has or is being tortured then all it is, is his opinion.

Why Sky & the BBC have not shown the actual interview I have no idea, but if it bothers you so much, then why don't you contact them and ask their reasons why they didn't air the interview, the BBC has a show called Newswatch which deals with these sort of complaints from the public.

He is the UN expert on torture.

3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

I agree with you. This is a huge story that has been sidelined and marginalised. At one time it would have been unthinkable that a journalist would be subjected to this treatment in the U.K. It's even more worrying that we are choosing to remove ourselves from international institutions, refusing to accept the validity of the UN and their experts. Very few of our politicians are speaking up for Assange and even fewer of his Journalistic colleagues. It's come to something when you have to look to Russian state funded media for a more balanced view.

This admittedly poor article backs up your point i think.   http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51710.htm

I remember journalists calling out the BBC and Guardian on their Syrian coverage.

Surprise surprise the smears on them began a short while after.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, jake said:

He is the UN expert on torture.

Indeed he is, that is why he needs to gather hard physical evidence to support his claim, present it to the UN and then it would be very hard for it to then be buried by any of the media.

Assange has pissed off some really powerful people, and of course those people were going to throw & pull every dirty trick they could at Assange.

None of this should come as any surprise to anybody.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed he is, that is why he needs to gather hard physical evidence to support his claim, present it to the UN and then it would be very hard for it to then be buried by any of the media.

Assange has pissed off some really powerful people, and of course those people were going to throw & pull every dirty trick they could at Assange.

None of this should come as any surprise to anybody.

He gave his opinion as an expert on torture.

The evidence is there for all to see.

The guy was holed up in an embassy because he feared for his liberty.

One need only look at the treatment given out to other whistleblowers.

An experts opinion on any particular subject is regarded as evidence in court.

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, jake said:

He gave his opinion as an expert on torture.

The evidence is there for all to see.

The guy was holed up in an embassy because he feared for his liberty.

One need only look at the treatment given out to other whistleblowers.

An experts opinion on any particular subject is regarded as evidence in court.

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if it is regarded as evidence or not.

Jake, I'm not disagreeing with you, read my last post again and lighten up, please.

The world & his dog knew they would throw the kitchen sink at Assange when they finally got him, and just for good measure they have thrown in the taps & fittings as well, you and I both know that the authorities probably wouldn't have been sitting on their hands all the time Assange was in the Ecuadorian embassy, if they couldn't get him out then they'd try and make life as difficult as possible for him inside the embassy.

As I said who knows what sort of dirty tricks have been used here.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Jake, I'm not disagreeing with you, read my last post again and lighten up, please.

The world & his dog knew they would throw the kitchen sink at Assange when they finally got him, and just for good measure they have thrown in the taps & fittings as well, you and I both know that the authorities probably wouldn't have been sitting on their hands all the time Assange was in the Ecuadorian embassy, if they couldn't get him out then they'd try and make life as difficult as possible for him inside the embassy.

I'm getting a lot of rows on here just now so you cant all be wrong.

? 

15 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And as pointed out in the article I linked, this includes direct attacks on the constitutional protections every single human being ever subject to US law is supposed to receive. It's ****ing scary, what they're trying to do.

16 hours ago, jake said:

Yes sorry .

Can I ask why the comment on Trump though?

What I just said above is why. In your rush to condemn "liberal hypocrisy" and equate Trump to his predecessors, you have missed very obvious signs of his fascism that no other previous president came close to touching. Your analysis is so minimal that calling it merely superficial is probably overstating it. Do you understand this? Dig deeper. Really look. There is nothing skeptical or investigative about your approach, or your conclusions, at all.

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

And as pointed out in the article I linked, this includes direct attacks on the constitutional protections every single human being ever subject to US law is supposed to receive. It's ****ing scary, what they're trying to do.

What I just said above is why. In your rush to condemn "liberal hypocrisy" and equate Trump to his predecessors, you have missed very obvious signs of his fascism that no other previous president came close to touching. Your analysis is so minimal that calling it merely superficial is probably overstating it. Do you understand this? Dig deeper. Really look. There is nothing skeptical or investigative about your approach, or your conclusions, at all.

I must have imagined the unusual draconian sentences for other whistle blowers.

For all your cleverness you show naivety .

As I've said before he Trump is just the mask off what's always been there.

I'm not even mentioning worse atrocities if we are talking about fascist policies.

Carried out by previous presidents.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Anybody been able to find these TV interviews btw?

According to what Nils Melzer tweeted, Sky News aired his interview but have not made it available online, the BBC it would seem haven't aired the interview.

Nils Melzer‏ @NilsMelzer

Update: I have just been told by a viewer that my interview with @skynews was in fact aired, but it seems it has not been made available online. Any further info, also about @BBCWorld, more than welcome!

10:16 am - 2 Jun 2019

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

According to what Nils Melzer tweeted, Sky News aired his interview but have not made it available online, the BBC it would seem haven't aired the interview.

Nils Melzer‏ @NilsMelzer

Update: I have just been told by a viewer that my interview with @skynews was in fact aired, but it seems it has not been made available online. Any further info, also about @BBCWorld, more than welcome!

10:16 am - 2 Jun 2019

Thanks for the update .

54 minutes ago, jake said:

For all your cleverness you show naivety .

As I've said before he Trump is just the mask off what's always been there.

:rofl: At least read the article you knob; I've posted the link twice ffs and you've ignored it both times. As you've said before, wrongly--say it all you want. This is significantly different (and just one example of far too many).

Edit: Oh, and on this topic

54 minutes ago, jake said:

Chelsea Manning had hers commuted by President Obama. Why are you working so hard to maintain this high a level of delusion?

Edited by Justin Z

24 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:rofl: At least read the article you knob; I've posted the link twice ffs and you've ignored it both times. As you've said before, wrongly--say it all you want. This is significantly different (and just one example of far too many).

Edit: Oh, and on this topic

Chelsea Manning had hers commuted by President Obama. Why are you working so hard to maintain this high a level of delusion?

I'm under no illusions.

Unlike you I am not governed by dogma.

Or blinded by it.

You should check Obama's record on whistleblowers Justin.

It amounts to more than the single example you gave 

But if you believe I hold Obama responsible then you have frankly failed to grasp the point I've been making.

By  the way your insults in your posts towards me and others who hold opposite views amazes me.

I've been warned and banned for less.

55 minutes ago, jake said:

I'm under no illusions.

Unlike you I am not governed by dogma.

Or blinded by it.

Mate I've read some doozies on here in four years . . . ? :rofl:

Have a pleasant evening

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Mate I've read some doozies on here in four years . . . ? :rofl:

Have a pleasant evening

Always nice when someone runs away after name calling.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Sweden drops the gobshite rape case that kicked all this nonsense off.

The seriously biased judge has now been emptied too. https://consortiumnews.com/2019/11/16/arbuthnot-out-as-assanges-judge-says-wikileaks-lawyer-jen-robinson/

Maybe we won't extradite him after all, we wouldn't want to set a precedent for any royals. 

How can written and or verbal evidence have gotten considerably weaker with the passage of time, when it's the exact same evidence as it was on the day it was first written down.  If that same evidence is weak now, then it has to have been weak from day one.

Assange pissed off Uncle Sam by exposing the Yanks war crimes in Iraq, that's what is behind all of this.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How can written and or verbal evidence have gotten considerably weaker with the passage of time, when it's the exact same evidence as it was on the day it was first written down.  If that same evidence is weak now, then it has to have been weak from day one.

Assange pissed off Uncle Sam by exposing the Yanks war crimes in Iraq, that's what is behind all of this.

But but.....Exactly

• 1 year later...