Jamie Walker

girvanjambo

Don't want Walker back. He downed tools as soon as Rangers 2012 wanted him. Was happy to get out of the club, the same as Jason Holt was. In contrast, i'd have taken David Templeton back. He was immense for Hamilton last season and only 29. Templeton was told he was going to Rangers 2012 while he was on the bus back from Liverpool. Dropped off somewhere to head to Ibrox, turns up there only to find Ryan McGowan sitting there who said he wasn't signing for them. Temps never even got to say cheerio to his team-mates. He had unfinished business here at Tynie and would've walked all the way back. And there in lies the difference.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Inch Hearts

• Cruyff Turn

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Libertarian
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Don't want Walker back. He downed tools as soon as Rangers 2012 wanted him. Was happy to get out of the club, the same as Jason Holt was. In contrast, i'd have taken David Templeton back. He was immense for Hamilton last season and only 29. Templeton was told he was going to Rangers 2012 while he was on the bus back from Liverpool. Dropped off somewhere to head to Ibrox, turns up there only to find Ryan McGowan sitting there who said he wasn't signing for them. Temps never even got to say cheerio to his team-mates. He had unfinished business here at Tynie and would've walked all the way back. And there in lies the difference.

According to a friend of mine who is an Accies supporter Hearts made an approach for Temps at the tail end of last season but Templeton knocked us back as he wanted to try his luck in English football. Personally I would have Templeton back in a flash if we could get him.

maroonnicky63
4 hours ago, indianajones said:

Berra is a centre half?

Everything in lambos post is correct. 

Walker should never be allowed near hearts again. 

Ah ok then so you don’t need pace at the back only up front, makes sense , you should go into coaching you will do very well??,but let’s see if Hearts agree because like others on here I think and hope he returns next season ,we need him there is no one that plays in his position at the moment at Hearts that is better than Jamie

20 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Would add a bit intelligence and quality. 

We'd still need pace and drive tho. 

Not sure he'd add to the team, but maybe if Djoum left he could replace him. 

?

12 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Missed by us I can tell you, would love him back and Hearts should be trying to get him back for next season, good player .

If Walker came back with the same attitude and application that Ryan Stevenson came back with he’d be quickly forgiven, and could end up a legend. So much ability in the lad.

23 hours ago, been here before said:

No it shouldnt. He wanted away, he got his wish and its went shit since then.

**** him.

Whats that saying about making your bed?

That saying represents an utterly dismal way to live. Ask any fan who saw Robbo, Skacel or Webster, to name but three.

I’m not especially religious but I do genuinely  believe in forgiveness and redemption. Otherwise we’re all stuffed.

People, especially young footballers, make bad choices. Why not go easy on them? I’m proud to be a soft touch. Life’s hard enough.

Geoff the Mince
6 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Inconsistent?? Show me a hearts player that isn’t , you don’t need pace to be a player Berra never had pace and he done ok. As for never tried a leg is garbage he was never fit due to his knee issue and from what i here he has gone through the op he should have had when he was at Hearts. Get him back to Hearts he is better than most we have now IMO.

:cornette:

13 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Injury prone with dodgy knees

Bad attitude

Lazy

Never tried a leg for us for the last year he was with us

Inconsistant

No pace

Aye lets get him back on a 3 year contract!!

Sad but all true!

Cruyff Turn

Walkers a chocolate kneed, hun loving, two faced wee shite, that shouldn’t even be allowed into Tynecastle ever again, never mind onto the pitch.

Could have been a legend, chose to be a prick. 

rudi must stay
48 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Walkers a chocolate kneed, hun loving, two faced wee shite, that shouldn’t even be allowed into Tynecastle ever again, never mind onto the pitch.

Could have been a legend, chose to be a prick. 

With his talent I agree, this is a cracking post well done.

He is a huge talent but doesn't work hard enough. Peterborough was his last chance in England, Rangers seem to have a love affair with him because he scored v them a few times.

Let them have him IMO

Bunch of bitter losers on this thread 

Take him back in a heartbeat great player and would improve us dramatically that’s all I care about.

Would he improve us is a big yes 

Kirky Jambo

I can understand some negativity towards him but it’s ludicrous to say he’s a rubbish player. Morrison and Mulraney will never be anywhere near his level imo 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’d take him back as long as he agreed to cal himself Jimmy Walker instead of Jamie, that’s a proper hearts name 

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Bunch of bitter losers on this thread 

Take him back in a heartbeat great player and would improve us dramatically that’s all I care about.

Would he improve us is a big yes 

:cornette:

22 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Inconsistent?? Show me a hearts player that isn’t , you don’t need pace to be a player Berra never had pace and he done ok. As for never tried a leg is garbage he was never fit due to his knee issue and from what i here he has gone through the op he should have had when he was at Hearts. Get him back to Hearts he is better than most we have now IMO.

Michael Smith.

doctor jambo

If you found out your missus was a prostitute and was punting her wares to a guy you hated .....

then you finally got rid of her, and she got in touch a few years later and with her body knackered......

would you take her back to see if she was still good?

indianajones
21 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If you found out your missus was a prostitute and was punting her wares to a guy you hated .....

then you finally got rid of her, and she got in touch a few years later and with her body knackered......

This. 

Perfect analogy as that's exactly what Jamie Walker is. 

A wee hoor. 

On 11/04/2019 at 14:28, maroonnicky63 said:

Berra is a centre back mate. Doesnt really need to have pace. Did Carles Puyol have loads of pace??

doctor jambo
20 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Lot of folk on this thread who've clearly been dumped and never recovered from it.

The key to recovery - if you ever have been dumped, NEVER take her back

1- because she is now sloppy seconds

2- it shows a massive lack of self esteem

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Haha this perfectly sums it up.

Tokyo Drifter
On 10/04/2019 at 20:53, Gary Locke said:

Heard he could be on his way to Aberdeen at the end of the season, they enquired in January before they got Stewart

Abedeen? Seriously?

18 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

That saying represents an utterly dismal way to live. Ask any fan who saw Robbo, Skacel or Webster, to name but three.

I’m not especially religious but I do genuinely  believe in forgiveness and redemption. Otherwise we’re all stuffed.

People, especially young footballers, make bad choices. Why not go easy on them? I’m proud to be a soft touch. Life’s hard enough.

Those guys you mention never downed tools towards the end of their first stints at the club and would be bursting a gut to get back to Hearts, more-so Robbo and Skacel. Throw McPherson in there as well.

It's Hearts that would be the soft touch. It would show other players that as soon as another club was interested they don't need to bother anymore and not give a hoot. Coming back with his tail between his legs would make Hearts look a laughing stock. It's almost like....

"is it alright If I leave you in the lurch and crawl back when i'm not seen as good enough for anywhere else please?"

No thanks.

Edited by jambonian

4 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Abedeen? Seriously?

Maybe we should try to get Gary Mackay-Steven on a free in the summer in that case.

maroonnicky63
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Berra is a centre back mate. Doesnt really need to have pace. Did Carles Puyol have loads of pace??

I know he is a centre back with no pace or distribution and look at the level he reached. You are talking as if every forward needs pace to make in football that is not the case. Jamie showed enough for me that he can play in this league with out being pacy.on his game he is better than anything we have at the moment

maroonnicky63
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Michael Smith.

Now you know that’s not true, very good player I grant you but I have seen him being of form but to be fare on you you have picked one of the most consistent Hearts players but there is no one in a maroon jersey who is constantly top notch.

5 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I know he is a centre back with no pace or distribution and look at the level he reached. You are talking as if every forward needs pace to make in football that is not the case. Jamie showed enough for me that he can play in this league with out being pacy.on his game he is better than anything we have at the moment

Doesn't say much for our recruitment policy since he left then.

Edited by jambonian

maroonnicky63
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Doesn't say much for our recruitment policy since he leftthen.

Can’t argue with that but we still need to support them . Walker came through the ranks and will always get my support 

132goals1958
43 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think it is a misconception that Berra doesn,t  have any pace. The following opinion is from Mick McCarthy and I for one are looking forward to him being his old self next season after a well earned break. I doubt if there are many dedicated and consummate. pros around.

"Berra is the best defender in the league, for me, without a doubt," McCarthy told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"He's just outstanding, he's big and powerful and wins it in the air, he's quick, he blocks things and is good at defending corners."

I'd have him back.

Plenty of players leave clubs for greener pastures, then return when it's maybe not worked out for them elsewhere.

Was there a worse way of leaving your club than the way Andy Webster left Hearts ?

Yet he came back and didn't do too badly.

Big Dave McPherson was also away back to the weeg the first time Rangers came sniffing around for him to return.

He also came back, ...........and played in the 98 final. 

Both left to chase the money, which was no more than Jamie Walker did......... and as many more will do in years to come.

Walker is more of a prodigal son though than either of those examples, having come through the ranks at Tynecastle.

I don't think we'd get the daft laddie back. I think we would get a player with a more mature outlook, and one who would be far more committed and responsible.

When we are so sadly lacking in creativity, re-signing Walker would certainly be a chance worth taking.

Edited by Busby8

1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

I'd have him back.

Plenty of players leave clubs for greener pastures, then return when it's maybe not worked out for them elsewhere.

Was there a worse way of leaving your club than the way Andy Webster left Hearts ?

Yet he came back and didn't do too badly.

Big Dave McPherson was also away back to the weeg the first time Rangers came sniffing around for him to return.

He also came back, ...........and played in the 98 final. 

Both left to chase the money, which was no more than Jamie Walker did......... and as many more will do in years to come.

Walker is more of a prodigal son than either of those examples.

I don't think we'd get the daft laddie back. I think we would get a player with a more mature outlook, and one who would be far more committed and responsible.

When we are so sadly lacking in creativity, re-signing Walker would certainly be a chance worth taking.

Don't doubt what you say but the only drawback now would be that he is another player who lacks any real pace and is very injury prone.

We have enough injuries without bringing back someone who spent large chunks of his career out injured. Some players are just unlucky or possibly their mindset is not right and I think he is both.

Nothing against the guy he was a good player for us when fully fit and had his head in the right place but that didn't seem to happen often enough from what I remember of him.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Don't doubt what you say but the only drawback now would be that he is another player who lacks any real pace and is very injury prone.

We have enough injuries without bringing back someone who spent large chunks of his career out injured. Some players are just unlucky or possibly their mindset is not right and I think he is both.

Nothing against the guy he was a good player for us when fully fit and had his head in the right place but that didn't seem to happen often enough from what I remember of him.

Fair doos,..... there's his injuries to consider as well.

I was thinking more of a fully fit Jamie Walker, but with a more mature and responsible attitude......... and having been what he's been through the last few years, perhaps a wee bit more humility and respect for the club that nurtured and developed him.

If we get that version of Walker, then he's surely worth a punt.

41 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I think it is a misconception that Berra doesn,t  have any pace. The following opinion is from Mick McCarthy and I for one are looking forward to him being his old self next season after a well earned break. I doubt if there are many dedicated and consummate. pros around.

"Berra is the best defender in the league, for me, without a doubt," McCarthy told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"He's just outstanding, he's big and powerful and wins it in the air, he's quick, he blocks things and is good at defending corners."

He's 34 now and not that long back from a very bad injury which has undoubtedly restricted him this season.

I don't know when that piece you quoted from McCarthy was but I think he has slowed down a bit since he was at Ipswich.

Undoubtedly a great defender but also a very poor passer of the ball hence the reason why if we play a back three he is best in the middle where he can concentrate on defending and nothing much else.

Edited by wavydavy

i wish jj was my dad
38 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Spot on. This pish about the skipper being slow is nonsense. There are weaknesses in his game but being slow isn't one of them. 

Just now, Busby8 said:

Fair doos,..... there's his injuries to consider as well.

I was thinking more of a fully fit Jamie Walker, but with a more mature and responsible attitude......... and having been what he's been through the last few years, perhaps a wee bit more humility and respect for the club that nurtured and developed him.

If we get that version of Walker, then he's surely worth a punt.

Possibly although a lot would depend on what sort of money he would be looking for I would imagine.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Possibly although a lot would depend on what sort of money he would be looking for I would imagine.

I think we could pay him more than any other interested club in Scotland.

And let's face it, Scotland or League 2 in England are maybe just about his only realistic options right now.

2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

I think we could pay him more than any other interested club in Scotland.

And let's face it, Scotland or League 2 in England are maybe just about his only realistic options right now.

:thumbs_up:

3 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Abedeen? Seriously?

Heard from someone at Falkirk where Jordan McGhee is that they were in talks...

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

??? that’s some analogy DJ

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Surely this should be in the shed??

maroonnicky63
16 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Managers will praise players to give them confidence etc just listen to Craig when he talks about our players. Berra on his game is as good if not better than any defender in Scotland. His distribution is very poor, but he is very good defender Soutar for me is the better player because he seems to have it all. 

1 minute ago, Albert McFly said:

Some humble pie going to eaten from some on this thread

Look at me type post, care to elaborate