Adjusting Citizens Red Arrows watch

NANOJAMBO

Has anyone got one of these who knows how to adjust the time setting.  I just  started using it after leaving it in a drawer for 3 years. It was fine until the clocks went forward a couple of weeks ago  and now I have no clue how to adjust it for the one hour difference. The user manual is a total nightmare and I can't find anything relevant on YT . 

It seems to have a screw down crown. Have you unscrewed it so you can pull it out 2 stops to the setting for moving the hands? Turn the crown anti clockwise then when it’s fully undone pull it out 1 stop to set the date, 2 stops to set the time. Then push it back in and turn it clockwise while you’re applying a bit of pressure and you’ll feel it screw back in. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It seems to have a screw down crown. Have you unscrewed it so you can pull it out 2 stops to the setting for moving the hands? Turn the crown anti clockwise then when it’s fully undone pull it out 1 stop to set the date, 2 stops to set the time. Then push it back in and turn it clockwise while you’re applying a bit of pressure and you’ll feel it screw back in. 

Not sure if it screws down - I might have bust it - but I get the pull it out 1 stop thingy . No matter what I do with this watch i cannot get it to pick up London. It shows "MAD" - I'm assuming Madrid - which it isn't supposed to do and constantly shows Spanish time ie GMT +1 I've looked at the manual (pointless) and YT vids assume you are in America.  

Ah. It’s the atomic time one and not the standard chronograph then. In which case I can give no useful advice at all I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Ah. It’s the atomic time one and not the standard chronograph then. In which case I can give no useful advice at all I’m afraid. 

????????.

Cheers anyway.

Somehow I've managed to get the digital display onto UK time and the chrono is in Euro time. I'll try to blag it by pretending I need to know the time in Madrid. ?

1 minute ago, Statts1976uk said:

I’ve got the Skyhawks A-T Titanium and ended up going onto YouTube to change it automatically. 

If you've got  a link which doesn't do the bog standard "setting the time"lease send it. I can't find anything that does UK.  The "UK " clock is in Germany BTW. Hence the 1 hour difference AFAI can seen. 

Statts1976uk
13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If you've got  a link which doesn't do the bog standard "setting the time"lease send it. I can't find anything that does UK.  The "UK " clock is in Germany BTW. Hence the 1 hour difference AFAI can seen. 

I cant find the one I used but there is an official Citizen one.

20 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

Cheers. I've cracked it. 

Some of these over complicated ana-digital / electro-mechanical GMT/UTC calibres are a total dog's dinner.     Gadgety pain in the arse.

On 09/04/2019 at 14:05, Victorian said:

Some of these over complicated ana-digital / electro-mechanical GMT/UTC calibres are a total dog's dinner.     Gadgety pain in the arse.

Indeed. Which is why I wear this.

710x528_16943875_8396409_1481852419.jpg

7 hours ago, redjambo said:

Well you have to know where the sun and magnetic north pole are.

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

That looks cool. I'm going to look for one with luminous markings,  so I can use it at night.

The Real Maroonblood
On 09/04/2019 at 13:25, Statts1976uk said:

What is special about that watch?

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

That looks cool. I'm going to look for one with luminous markings,  so I can use it at night.

?? Nice one

Statts1976uk
19 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s not hugely special but it’s powered by light and linked to the radio atomic clock. Probably more gimmicky with some of its functions but I’ve had mine nearly 10 years and it’s always been really reliable especially as it’s a daily wearer.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

It’s not hugely special but it’s powered by light and linked to the radio atomic clock. Probably more gimmicky with some of its functions but I’ve had mine nearly 10 years and it’s always been really reliable especially as it’s a daily wearer.

Thanks for that. 

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Trying to get it to work.?

I'd never buy a thing like that - I got a long service award and out of the catalogue of choices this was the "best".  

Edited by NANOJAMBO

On 09/04/2019 at 14:05, Victorian said:

It's bad enough trying to set the date on a citizen calibre 3100 without adding electronics to it.

4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thats my exact watch Citizen, my wife bought it for me seven years ago The best watch I have ever owned I set it to London time  (for Hearts games)and Vancouver time and have done nothing since. It advances or retards for the two saving times changes, in the winter I have to make sure I leave it in the sun to keep it charged, otherwise I do nothing but wear it and check the time. Solar powered, radio controlled. We bought it in the States, it was on sale, but was still over the amount of duty free I was allowed on return to Canada so I said no I couldn't buy it. As we walked away a Chinese sales girl came and asked how much duty free I was allowed, I told her and she lowee the price to exactly that amount and gave me the approprite sales bills.

I found it particularly handy when driving distances in the States or when we flew to Vegas it automatically set to the proper time zone.