Golden age of TV comedy.

hueyview

Seymour M Hersh

No idea why people try so hard to pigeonhole comedies. For me there have been fantastic shows in every decade of my life. 

60's I love Lucy,  Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke Show, I Dream Of Jeannie, Get Smart, Munsters and Addams Family.

70's M*A*S*H , Taxi, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Soap, Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Porridge, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers, The Good Life, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Rising Damp, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

80's Cheers, Night Court, Married... with Children, WKRP in Cincinnati, ALF, Moonlighting, Kenny Everett Show, Yes Minister, Blackadder, The New Statesmen...., Red Dwarf.

90's Friends, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Frasier, Home Improvement, The Simpsons, 3rd Rock from the Sun, South Park, Mad About You, Just Shoot Me! Spin City,  Drop the Dead Donkey, The all new Alexi Sayle Show, Have I got news for you, One Foot in the Grave, Harry Enfield & Chums, Father Ted, I'm Alan Partridge.

2000s Parks & Recreation, Scrubs, Family Guy, Modern Family, Two & a Half Men, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 

I have missed loads but I defy folk not to find something that'll make them laugh from every decade.

Governor Tarkin

I'm with you, Seymour.

Plenty of great comedy across the decades, and plenty of terrible comedy that was so bad it was great.

The thin blue line, Red dwarf, Monkeydust, and the Brittas empire spring to mind.

Jambo-Jimbo

Yip some good ones there Seymour.

Mork & Mindy how did I forget about that.

Has 'Some Mothers do have them' been mentioned, if not it has now.

Benny Hill, Kenny Everett, Russ Abbot, Tommy Cooper.

Loved all that stuff.  

If it offends someone then it is usually good

:fonzie:

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Loved all that stuff.  

:yas: 

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Loved all that stuff.  

(Probably)Yewtreed up tae feck that list. Except Russ.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Loved all that stuff.  

You are the biggest Snowflake on JKB. Offended about everyone's opinions.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hi pot. I'm the kettle

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That’s only your opinion.

:) 

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Dave Allen

I like your posts Boris.  :thumbsup:

Dave Allen was brilliant.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I like your posts Boris.  :thumbsup:

Dave Allen was brilliant.

Always remember that my folks would get tickets to go and see him when he played in Edinburgh.  Usually at the Playhouse, or perhaps the Dominion?

Loved the repeats of Hancock in the 1980's. Years ahead of its time, particularly with the downbeat, morose lead character.

Pity that TH felt threatened by Sid James' popularity and got rid of him. His down to earth, plain speaking Sid was the perfect opposite to the pompous, pretentious Hancock. 

15 minutes ago, Boris said:

Always remember that my folks would get tickets to go and see him when he played in Edinburgh.  Usually at the Playhouse, or perhaps the Dominion?

Playhouse definitely.

The Dominion?  Unless it was a fringe thing, I don’t remember that. I would have thought that if he had played in Morningside, then my mum and dad would have been there.

On 08/04/2019 at 06:01, ri Alban said:

Hancock's half hour. ?

I listen to that every week on Radio 4 Extra. Great stuff.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Playhouse definitely.

The Dominion?  Unless it was a fringe thing, I don’t remember that. I would have thought that if he had played in Morningside, then my mum and dad would have been there.

Yeah, you're probably right.  I know my folks used to go to the Dominion for the occasional show/concert.  Not sure if DA though.

Nookie Bear
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Loved all that stuff.  

I think watching Everett, Hill & Abbott now would be an excruciatingly unfunny experience.

Tommy Cooper would still be top stuff. Speaking of TC, i just googled some of his stuff and there is still that footage of him dying on stage - it is truly horrific to watch, knowing what has happened - and the way the camera just keeps rolling and nobody realises what has happened and tries to help.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think watching Everett, Hill & Abbott now would be an excruciatingly unfunny experience.

Tommy Cooper would still be top stuff. Speaking of TC, i just googled some of his stuff and there is still that footage of him dying on stage - it is truly horrific to watch, knowing what has happened - and the way the camera just keeps rolling and nobody realises what has happened and tries to help.

They all thought it was part of the act, but your right it doesn't make for great viewing, however in saying that it was probably the way he'd have wanted to go.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They all thought it was part of the act, but your right it doesn't make for great viewing, however in saying that it was probably the way he'd have wanted to go.

Yeah i remember everyone thought it was part of it but i thought his assistant or someone off-stage would have realised sooner. His assistant just left him up there ffs

He went down so ...gently ☹️

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah i remember everyone thought it was part of it but i thought his assistant or someone off-stage would have realised sooner. His assistant just left him up there ffs

He went down so ...gently ☹️

And it also showed that it can happen in the blink of an eye, he was ok when his assistant was fastening his buttons then a second later he's on the deck, even then the audience are laughing and think he's snoring little did they realise that that was his death rattle.

haveyouheard 22

Dis someone say they liked on the Busses ?? 

Single guy( with his mess of a pal)) in his 50's sniffing young  females.. coupled with canned laughter all the way through, utter shite if ever