Levein  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What now for Levein?

• Go right now
    • Make decision in the summer
    • In charge next season

Austin MacGlee
2 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Yes, every minute of every game I am at.  I see nothing but bloody set plays and throw in's and you want to make this guy part of a new coaching set up?  You happy with things aye?  Like watching our style of play?  

No, our play is boring and predictable and without Naismith Uche is wasted up top on his own. Berra has been a bomb scare for the majority of the games he's played, we can barely keep anyone fit and our one academy player in the first team is not only pish but pish and injured and still getting regular game time.
Without MacPhee's set plays where do you think we'd be? How many goals do we score from open play? Seriously, without MacPhee's inventiveness and craft in the set pieces we'd be absolutely fecked because the manager chooses to play one dimensional hoof ball with players out of position and pigeon holed into roles they can't perform in (Clare at RB ffs).

I get that you're angry. We all are. I've had nothing but smarmy Hibs gits smirking at me and making pathetic comments all morning in work but ffs man get a bit of perspective.

MacPhee isn't the problem.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• soonbe110

• JamboAl

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LeylandJambo

Go at the end of the season is my choice. Wether he goes upstairs or leaves the club altogether he should have no influence on the footballing side of the business. We need a fresh face who has no connection with HMFC whatsoever

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
13 minutes ago, The Doc said:

Not a lot of reason from the season lad.

Are you for real?  We have someone telling us Austin should be promoted up the ranks in the dugout and I am the one talking crap.  OK, here is some reason for you, where and when did it become known that Austin is behind our set plays?  Utter horse sh*t.

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Given that his reputation has been built with Northern Ireland, who are a backs to the wall anti-football side, i will not exactly be filled with optimism if Austin takes the reigns. 

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Given that his reputation has been built with Northern Ireland, who are a backs to the wall anti-football side, i will not exactly be filled with optimism if Austin takes the reigns. 

The fact we are even talking about it like it might happen is what worries me.

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’ve always thought he has the whiff of a snake oil salesman about him. 

Football is a simple game. 

Austin MacGlee
14 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Are you for real?  We have someone telling us Austin should be promoted up the ranks in the dugout and I am the one talking crap.  OK, here is some reason for you, where and when did it become known that Austin is behind our set plays?  Utter horse sh*t.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/stats-highlight-austin-macphee-s-impact-on-hearts-set-pieces-1-4871536

Here's the horse sh*t.

10 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

From your precious article

"In the way in which he operates, MacPhee is less a football coach and more like an NFL offensive coordinator in such situations"

Wow, exactly what we need eh.  Again, exactly what i was saying earlier, we play zero football and I dont want a coaching team with that mindset.  What a load of B*llocks

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Austin MacGlee
3 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

"in such situations"

Key point in that sentence. Learn to read the whole thing in context ffs. Plus, that's the article writer's opinion. If you're taking that as fact then that says more about you than anyone else.

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Key point in that sentence. Learn to read the whole thing in context ffs. Plus, that's the article writer's opinion. If you're taking that as fact then that says more about you than anyone else.

You need to take in my whole point, we play for set plays, it's the only bloody time we look like scoring, you want a head coach or assistant that's whole football ideology is based on that aye?  Fans like you are exactly the problem just now, happy to sit and watch set plays for 90 mins - "Austin is really good at them", deary ******* me.

Nookie Bear

Even a team as good as England realise how important set-plays are - they must have scored 50% of their goals from corners and free kicks during the World Cup - bu it's not enough to promote Macphee to anything more than his current position.

Austin MacGlee
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Even a team as good as England realise how important set-plays are - they must have scored 50% of their goals from corners and free kicks during the World Cup - bu it's not enough to promote Macphee to anything more than his current position.

Don't think anyone believes set plays alone are enough to promote him but on a personal level, I think that coupled with how highly regarded he is in football and his contacts as a result of his position at NI makes him a decent enough prospect. Wouldn't be against him taking the reins but also would be happy to see a completely new face and new coaching staff too.

OmiyaHearts

I think we need a complete clear out and a fresh look at the squad and their capabilities.

I can't think of one reason to keep any of the coaching staff. However, I think many of the players have a lot more to offer with a modern thinking manager, who can instil confidence and will allow players a bit of freedom to express themselves.

Christ we really are Donald ducked if MacPhee takes over. Talk about replacing senior crap with junior crap, it's all happening here at Tynecastle folks.

:jj_facepalm:

letsalldothebeattie

Don’t think he should go right now. Not right before a semi final regardless of everyone’s feelings it’s not a good idea. Lose on Saturday he should definitely be punted before the bus hits the M8 

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think we need a complete clear out and a fresh look at the squad and their capabilities.

I can't think of one reason to keep any of the coaching staff. However, I think many of the players have a lot more to offer with a modern thinking manager, who can instil confidence and will allow players a bit of freedom to express themselves.

This

I think we have to give him til the end of this SC run. He’s a lucky, lucky man that, unusually, we’ve had the most favourable cup draws we’ve ever had (in both cups) and that has distracted from the disgraceful league run since November. If he doesn’t lead us to this final he should be sacked as soon as the game is over and told to get the train home from Glasgow. 

Austin MacGlee
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I think we have to give him til the end of this SC run. He’s a lucky, lucky man that, unusually, we’ve had the most favourable cup draws we’ve ever had (in both cups) and that has distracted from the disgraceful league run since November. If he doesn’t lead us to this final he should be sacked as soon as the game is over and told to get the train home from Glasgow. 

Can't disagree with any of this.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

We had an easier run in 76 iirc. This time we had to beat Motherwell and Livi in each of the runs. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We had an easier run in 76 iirc. This time we had to beat Motherwell and Livi in each of the runs. 

Before my time (just ?

To be fair, the run given to the 1998 team was pretty generous but I’d have been confident against anyone in the second half of that season. 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Are you still out on the p*sh from the game?  Stuck in Stratties or something?  Tell me what you think Austin brings to the club that's worth him staying as part of (hopefully) a new regime?

There’s plenty of examples of coaches or assistant managers who have been part of an unsuccessful management team who became successful head coaches/managers.

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Christ we really are Donald ducked if MacPhee takes over. Talk about replacing senior crap with junior crap, it's all happening here at Tynecastle folks.

:jj_facepalm:

In the same way Chelsea were donald ducked when Di Matteo stepped up after Andre Villa-Boas was sacked?

In the same way Germany were donald ducked when Low stepped up after Klinnsman was sacked?

In the same way Spurs were donald ducked when Martin Jol stepped up after Santini was sacked?

?

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

In the same way Chelsea were donald ducked when Di Matteo stepped up after Andre Villa-Boas was sacked?

In the same way Germany were donald ducked when Low stepped up after Klinnsman was sacked?

In the same way Spurs were donald ducked when Martin Jol stepped up after Santini was sacked?

?

The problem is Frank, I think Austin has the same thought process and footballing tactical awareness as Levein. In my view, and to a certain extent, it will be like swapping like for like. I might be proved wrong but you have to consider that he has more or less been schooled by Levein for the last 3 years to a great extent. I also think MacPhee over thinks the game and worries too much about what the opposition are going to do, rather than concentrating on our own strengths. 

Alex Kintner
50 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The problem is Frank, I think Austin has the same thought process and footballing tactical awareness as Levein. In my view, and to a certain extent, it will be like swapping like for like. I might be proved wrong but you have to consider that he has more or less been schooled by Levein for the last 3 years to a great extent. I also think MacPhee over thinks the game and worries too much about what the opposition are going to do, rather than concentrating on our own strengths. 

What are you basing these assumptions on? For all we know the changes required to take us from 5th/6th to 3rd/4th may be the changes Austin has in mind if he was given the head coach role.

I just think it is short-sighted to throw the baby out with the bathwater and say that there’s no way McPhee (or Daly or Fox) could be a success ??

2 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Don't think anyone believes set plays alone are enough to promote him but on a personal level, I think that coupled with how highly regarded he is in football and his contacts as a result of his position at NI makes him a decent enough prospect. Wouldn't be against him taking the reins but also would be happy to see a completely new face and new coaching staff too.

His role with NI is as a Chief Analyst which is the role he should be in with Hearts.

The way in which a football team plays is defined on the training field, regardless of who is setting the tactics or picking the team we need to look at the coaching setup to ensure players are better prepared for matches. Half the time our players look like they've not seen a ball from one week to the next, across the team our first touch is poor, we can't pass a ball 2 yards in front of a teammate instead of directly at/ 5 yards behind them, we have zero movement at throw in's and our general play is so predictable it's almost laughable. All of these things should have been addressed in training but after more than a season of the same issues it's clear that they are not and everyone on the coaching staff must be held equally accountable.  

11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What are you basing these assumptions on? For all we know the changes required to take us from 5th/6th to 3rd/4th may be the changes Austin has in mind if he was given the head coach role.

I just think it is short-sighted to throw the baby out with the bathwater and say that there’s no way McPhee (or Daly or Fox) could be a success ??

Well if he's given the gig, we will find out, but I can't say he fills me with confidence. He could do a good job, he could also be yet another time wasting exercise. 

11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Well if he's given the gig, we will find out, but I can't say he fills me with confidence. He could do a good job, he could also be yet another time wasting exercise. 

jack D and coke
21 hours ago, jumpship said:

He deserves our respect for what he has done at Hearts. I want him to leave our thanks... 

If he stood up now and said he was leaving at the end of the season, I believe he would get that thanks. 

But if he hangs on and we continue to play this terrible football, it can only end with fans being upset and a board having to act on it.  

Id hate to see him driven out myself. 

We’re edging slowly towards that outcome imo. 

Alex Kintner
27 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Only one way to find out ??

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, Ribble said:

His role with NI is as a Chief Analyst which is the role he should be in with Hearts.

The way in which a football team plays is defined on the training field, regardless of who is setting the tactics or picking the team we need to look at the coaching setup to ensure players are better prepared for matches. Half the time our players look like they've not seen a ball from one week to the next, across the team our first touch is poor, we can't pass a ball 2 yards in front of a teammate instead of directly at/ 5 yards behind them, we have zero movement at throw in's and our general play is so predictable it's almost laughable. All of these things should have been addressed in training but after more than a season of the same issues it's clear that they are not and everyone on the coaching staff must be held equally accountable.  

You sure about that? I thought Austin's role with NI was assistant coach to O'Neill's head coach role.

Just checked, the IFA say he's assistant coach,  and while he's responsible for opposition analysis, it's part of his job, not his whole job. 

https://www.irishfa.com/ifa-international/squads/senior-mens-squad/austin-macphee

Edited by Smithee

Pasquale for King
On 06/04/2019 at 19:47, dellboy1971 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Heart supporters out there Who wants Craig Levein to stay at Hearts as manager behond end of season?

options

1. stay as manager 

2. Go back to director of football

3.Leave the club altogether

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Jeez, you guys don't deserve a decent manager.

If fans concentrated on getting rid of the sectarian scumbags and flare-throwers that seem to be creeping back into Tynecastle, the players' confidence and pride would rise, too. Videos and pics to 07467918874.

When confidence is low, players start lumping the ball forward in the air to Uche. He's good enough to make a little bit of that, but CL's tactics would work better if they played on the ground. Little wonder the only clever stuff comes at set plays.

Edited by GiantJambo
punctuation

We shouldn't get too carried away with easy cup runs.  

Still think he should step down at the end of the season.  May have thought very differently though if we hadn't been hit with crippling injuries to top players and our good form had continued.  

Happy now to back him to the hilt in our pursuit of another SC triumph.

Bridge of Djoum
On 08/04/2019 at 05:05, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

You need to take in my whole point, we play for set plays, it's the only bloody time we look like scoring, you want a head coach or assistant that's whole football ideology is based on that aye?  Fans like you are exactly the problem just now, happy to sit and watch set plays for 90 mins - "Austin is really good at them", deary ******* me.

State of this guy.

haveyouheard 22

Re of what pans out this season we will be stronger than ever, especially money wise..This for me means we can attract better personnel and no excuses for bottom basement gambles.I also think behind the scenes we will doing just that.Glass half full for me right now with all concerned with Hearts and if CL is still in charge this will be his last chance saloon to put a team on the park that aint eye bleeding at times..

Let's not all be blinkered because we are in a cup final our form

In 2019 has been terrible and also the first half on Saturday but he

Will be here until the final 

Jamboscanbevicius

We’ve had a decent season, blighted by injury. Willing to put he faith in CL for another few month unless we see a totally collapse in the last few matches.

We have a good squad now. And already added a very good SPFL centre half in Halkett and a potentially excellent Left back if Aidy White can get himself fit. Some excellent players on new contracts.

Need to add a little more quality and hopefully tie up Naismith and we will be in very good shape indeed!

4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

We’ve had a decent season, blighted by injury. Willing to put he faith in CL for another few month unless we see a totally collapse in the last few matches.

We have a good squad now. And already added a very good SPFL centre half in Halkett and a potentially excellent Left back if Aidy White can get himself fit. Some excellent players on new contracts.

Need to add a little more quality and hopefully tie up Naismith and we will be in very good shape indeed!

If and when we do tie up Naismith our next priority must be his replacement! Our record without him in the team is mostly shocking. If he is here next year it’s likely he’ll be injured at some point and I would hate for us to be so dependent on one player again.

2 hours ago, S Form said:

If and when we do tie up Naismith our next priority must be his replacement! Our record without him in the team is mostly shocking. If he is here next year it’s likely he’ll be injured at some point and I would hate for us to be so dependent on one player again.

Who would you have as his replacement?

Do you think that replacement will be happy to sit on the bench waiting for Naismith to get injured?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I was in the Levein out camp but we’re in the final now and that’s all that matters until the 25th May. Any disruption to that is completely mindless. Get right behind the whole club,if we don’t win then the chatter can begin again but not now. As for the Macphee criticism, he’s doing a great job with set pieces and that’s where he should stay. We should retain him in that role if Levein does go.

maroonnicky63
On 06/04/2019 at 20:00, Gashauskis9 said:

Back upstairs, he won’t walk away from the club.  

Naismith and MacPhee in charge next season.

Why the hell would you give a huge club like Hearts to a novice like Naismith have you learned nothing since Cathro . The daftest comment I have ever read on jambos kickback

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Why the hell would you give a huge club like Hearts to a novice like Naismith have you learned nothing since Cathro . The daftest comment I have ever read on jambos kickback

“Have you learned nothing”.. I didn’t realise it was my fault for Cathro and that it was my decision to pick the manager to replace Levein ???.  I was merely pointing out what I think may happen, which is far far away from what I want to happen (which would involve bringing in an experienced but progressive manager).

If you think that was the daftest thing on kickback, you should look at most threads (this isn’t even my daftest in my defence ?).

• 2 weeks later...
grumpyespana

I am fed up hearing that the fans want Levein out ,Christ I think with his plans for next season which seem sensible to me are just what we need he deserves at least another season as they say Rome was never build in a day.

maroonnicky63
On 06/04/2019 at 20:00, Gashauskis9 said:

Back upstairs, he won’t walk away from the club.  

Naismith and MacPhee in charge next season.

Yeh let’s give it to a novice as suggested, deary me

Edited by maroonnicky63

24 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

I am fed up hearing that the fans want Levein out ,Christ I think with his plans for next season which seem sensible to me are just what we need he deserves at least another season as they say Rome was never build in a day.

Did he not have sensible plans for this season?? ?

On 15/04/2019 at 21:02, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Waiting for a few months into the new season means a new manager will be left with signings made by Levein.

If there is to be a change it needs to happen before next season starts and the transfer window ends.

I'm still in favour of CLexit after the Scottish Cup, because 6th place two seasons in a row should never be acceptable for a club of our stature and there is still very little evidence that the team has a plan of how to attack.

I am however open minded to arguments surrounding the benefits of maintaining the status quo.