..... But who?

EasternRossco

EasternRossco

I know there's been those clamouring for a change of manager long before me but unfortunately today was my last straw with Levein. I like him for his media dealings but as a manager I think he's had his time.

Question is... Who can we realistically get as a replacement? 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• rudi must stay

• graygo

• EasternRossco

Top Posters In This Topic

jambo in iraq

Alex Neil, Paulo Sergio, Steve Clarke, Robbie Neilson, David Hopkins,  or even that lad that was Hibs first choice!

Couldn't go one post without Steve Clarke. As if he would ever want this job ffs. 

Perhaps the ultra attacking flair master that is Tommy Wright

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Steve Robinson got Motherwell to two cup finals last season. I like his style 

1874Gorgie1874

If levein leaves the club altogether we should be going for a manager such as Gary Rowett but if levein goes back upstairs we’ll end up with daly or MacPhee.

I tried to suggest Neilson but folk aren't able to understand that our current structure deters managers of significant experience like Sergio or Clarke. If you factor in our structure and try and suggest a legitimate option Neilsons about as good as you can get. 

If Alex Neil ever became available I'd move heaven and earth to make that happen, but again he'd probably want more control than Levein would give him...

Even after the club is handed over Budge will likely remain which therefore means Levein will remain. Using that structure try and select a genuine candidate that would actually take the job considering the shit show we had leading to Leveins appointment as manager. Names or gtf.

SpruceBringsteen

Darren Moore, although the fact remains that as long as he's at the club it'll be one of Levein's stable of clowns.

TyphoonJambo

Naismith player manager, levien back up stairs

13 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Alex Neil, Paulo Sergio, Steve Clarke, Robbie Neilson, David Hopkins,  or even that lad that was Hibs first choice!

How can we afford Neil on £20k+ per week. Why would he want it? 

10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Couldn't go one post without Steve Clarke. As if he would ever want this job ffs. 

Perhaps the ultra attacking flair master that is Tommy Wright

Fulham already after him. 

3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Lee Johnson if he doesn’t get Bristol City promoted or Ian Holloway

Good shout but not sure we could afford him. 

EasternRossco
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I've mentioned it previously but Paul Clement would be a superb appointment. 

9 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

If levein leaves the club altogether we should be going for a manager such as Gary Rowett but if levein goes back upstairs we’ll end up with daly or MacPhee.

Two good, realistic shouts in my opinion. 

Central Belt 1874

I dont think there is a suitable Scottish candidate available. 

I would like an ambitious, probably European coach who has a desire to manage at the top level I.e. in England.

We should be looking to sell the qualities that the city of Edinburgh has, including the stadium, club set up, training facilities and the committed and dedicated support of thousands of supporters to this person.

We should be stretching our budget for a quality manager or coach. Even if it means 1 or 2 fewer players.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Malofeev. We need to leapfrog a few teams now 

? Crab fitba for pre season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I tried to suggest Neilson but folk aren't able to understand that our current structure deters managers of significant experience like Sergio or Clarke. If you factor in our structure and try and suggest a legitimate option Neilsons about as good as you can get. 

If Alex Neil ever became available I'd move heaven and earth to make that happen, but again he'd probably want more control than Levein would give him...

Even after the club is handed over Budge will likely remain which therefore means Levein will remain. Using that structure try and select a genuine candidate that would actually take the job considering the shit show we had leading to Leveins appointment as manager. Names or gtf.

A policy that needsto be reviewed rapidly 

2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

This is one of the issues for me. Whole backroom staff needs an overhaul from the many coaches through to the scouting set up.

I find the "go on then, name someone" argument a bit strange. We're not Hamilton. We are a sizable capital city club with good resources (for our level) and european potential. In the modern age of the internet i can't imagine us not getting some interesting applicants. 

hmfc_liam06

Who ever the best applicant is, we should cast the net wide.

I wouldn't mind someone from the Dutch/German systems.

The real issue is that other clubs would always have one eye on succession planning on the football side but I don't think we do. Everything revolves around Levein and I suspect no one else at board level has thought seriously about what happens next. 

4 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Heard couple of guys talking pre match. They mentioned David moyes coming in the summer 

As David Begg would say.

"Dear oh dear oh dear"

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

We would never get Alexa Neil :Rolf:, David Hopkin is a hoof ball merchant, Steve Clark turned down rangers FFS

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Gary Holt, done a great job at Livy and would be able to work under Levein if he is still around

Have you watched them? 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Hes just said hes not going anywhere...what do you not understand?!

This. Unfortunately.

If he does leave Andy Kirk or Austin McPhee will get the job.

Five to One

Always had time for Levein but clear he’s yesterday’s man. Can’t help feeling Hearts have backed themselves into a cul de sac with our appointments and succession policy. Would give Levein till the end of the season because of the Cup run, but I think we need to have a clear out of the management and coaching staff and start again. Plenty good coaches and managers out there with a more progressive and positive approach. I’d advocate for this even if we win the Cup - though that seems unlikely right now.

Don’t want to over criticise Budge as going with Levein and Co probably seemed like good idea when she took over. But we’re 5+ years on now and the experiment is drawing to a natural conclusion. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Who ever the best applicant is, we should cast the net wide.

I wouldn't mind someone from the Dutch/German systems.

Wonder if he could get David Wagner.

He could do well

7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

This is one of the issues for me. Whole backroom staff needs an overhaul from the many coaches through to the scouting set up.

I find the "go on then, name someone" argument a bit strange. We're not Hamilton. We are a sizable capital city club with good resources (for our level) and european potential. In the modern age of the internet i can't imagine us not getting some interesting applicants. 

I have posted go on name them but I agree with you we should attract a good few applications, my only concern is some of our supporters wouldn’t give a new manager time. 

Five to One
12 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Heard couple of guys talking pre match. They mentioned David moyes coming in the summer 

Christ no!

9 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Coming for the festival/fringe perhaps. 

Five to One
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He could do well

Great shout. Plenty still to prove and Klopp style of management. Could we afford him though? Even at Huddersfield he would have been on good wages. 

27 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Naismith player manager, levien back up stairs

This for me. His passion and will to win is there in spades. I would go with this and the present back room staff there to assist. Levein will be punted back upstairs to run the infrastructure. 

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He could do well

Forgot all about him. What a shout. ??? tho?

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Gary Holt, done a great job at Livy and would be able to work under Levein if he is still around

FFS how many times does this suggestion have to called out for the nonsense it is before people will stop suggesting it. Livingston's success is entirely down to their assistant David Martindale,  who served a long jail sentence for a drug offence. It was the same when Hopkin was there, as has been proven by the fact that Hopkin has since gone on to Bradford and only lasted a few months.

Quite apart from anything else, Livingston play dreadful hoofball, as evidenced by their centre halves being their top goalscorers.

Seriously a lifetime ban from jkb for the next person to suggest Holt.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Forgot all about him. What a shout. ??? tho?

I think we could get him. Don't think he was on much at Huddersfield

Infact if he was on the same wages as Levein that wouldn't shock me

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

FFS how many times does this suggestion have to called out for the nonsense it is before people will stop suggesting it. Livingston's success is entirely down to their assistant David Martindale,  who served a long jail sentence for a drug offence. It was the same when Hopkin was there, as has been proven by the fact that Hopkin has since gone on to Bradford and only lasted a few months.

Quite apart from anything else, Livingston play dreadful hoofball, as evidenced by their centre halves being their top goalscorers.

Seriously a lifetime ban from jkb for the next person to suggest Holt.

They just got a point at Parkhead. 

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This for me. His passion and will to win is there in spades. I would go with this and the present back room staff there to assist. Levein will be punted back upstairs to run the infrastructure. 

Could be exactly the kind of deal that gets hom signed 

I think we need a new manager long term but the reactions to today’s defeat are embarrassing. Hardly Leveins fault that we can’t put the ball in the net. Seen so many comments about the style of football but to me we actually tried to play the right way rather than resort to punting it up the park. 

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Couldn't disagree more, we need a coach with experience. We have issues with style of play, attacking transition and fitness. Keeping any of our coaching staff is pointless. 

We waited for weeks for a new manager when Cathro was ousted. Loads and loads of applicants applied, some were interviewed but didn't want to work under Levein's "philosophy and vision" so that's why we ended up with him taking the job.

Even if Levein did go back upstairs, not many will want to work under him. We need to move forward and the only way to do so is for him and the rest of the coaching staff (or at least, most of them) to leave so we can start with a clean slate. The scouting seems honking as well.

If we carry on as we are then we'll still be having this conversation this time next year. I'd even change before the semi-final. A wee morale boost might make the difference between winning and losing against Inverness next week.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

I think we need a new manager long term but the reactions to today’s defeat are embarrassing. Hardly Leveins fault that we can’t put the ball in the net. Seen so many comments about the style of football but to me we actually tried to play the right way rather than resort to punting it up the park. 

Well it's partly Levein's fault. He signed them.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Mort said:

We constantly punted it up the park. It was tynecastle you were at I take it??

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

We waited for weeks for a new manager when Cathro was ousted. Loads and loads of applicants applied, some were interviewed but didn't want to work under Levein's "philosophy and vision" so that's why we ended up with him taking the job.

Even if Levein did go back upstairs, not many will want to work under him. We need to move forward and the only way to do so is for him and the rest of the coaching staff (or at least, most of them) to leave so we can start with a clean slate. The scouting seems honking as well.

If we carry on as we are then we'll still be having this conversation this time next year. I'd even change before the semi-final. A wee morale boost might make the difference between winning and losing against Inverness next week.

Levein to be the director of the academy,not a DoF.

Get a manager in to manage.

Get the best we can afford.

One that doesnt shit his pants in Glasgow.