Harry Stone

magicjohnston

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm surprised that the club hasn't announced which youngsters have been given their first professional contracts as yet. In the last two years the club has made a point of advertising how many academy graduates have been taken on full time.

Harry would have been the first on my list from the current crop of 16/17 year olds.

Last season it was announced on the 18th June, so there is still time. Though I agree it would be nice if they did it earlier. 

Finlay James
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm surprised that the club hasn't announced which youngsters have been given their first professional contracts as yet. In the last two years the club has made a point of advertising how many academy graduates have been taken on full time.

Harry would have been the first on my list from the current crop of 16/17 year olds.

Who do you expect will go professional, FF?

John Findlay

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say. Hearts have got themselves some decent goalies coming up behind Harry Stone too.

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Who do you expect will go professional, FF?

Out of the crop 16/17 year olds (born 2002/03) I'd be looking for the following to be offered contracts:

2002s

Harry Stone

Josh Doig 

2003s

Aaron Darge

Ryan Schiavone

Leon Watson

Mackenzie Ramos

Jay King

There might be one or two others, although some won't be 16 until later this year. 

I'd expect that the other 2003s who are still on the books to at least be kept on with amateur contracts. (Lennon Watson, Kyle Somers, Aiden Denholm, Kieran Mitchell, sean Docherty, Harris Spratt)

Edited by Footballfirst

Worthing Jambo
48 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say. Hearts have got themselves some decent goalies coming up behind Harry Stone too.

What makes you say that John? ?

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Out of the crop 16/17 year olds (born 2002/03) I'd be looking for the following to be offered contracts:

2002s

Harry Stone

Josh Doig 

2003s

Aaron Darge

Ryan Schiavone

Leon Watson

Mackenzie Ramos

Jay King

There might be one or two others, although some won't be 16 until later this year. 

I do find it interesting that the U18 squad on the official site has Stone, Watson and Charleston-King on it (this is from earlier on in the season.)

Josh Doig has just signed for Hibs. And I know this has been said many times, but Mackenzie Ramos is one of the best names around  and I hope he makes for the name alone.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do find it interesting that the U18 squad on the official site has Stone, Watson and Charleston-King on it (this is from earlier on in the season.)

Josh Doig has just signed for Hibs. And I know this has been said many times, but Mackenzie Ramos is one of the best names around  and I hope he makes for the name alone.

I hadn't heard that about Doig. I think he improved quite a lot last season, but he had been overlooked for a full time contract last year.

Edit: Just read the announcement from Hibs last weekend.

Edited by Footballfirst

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2002s

Harry Stone

Josh Doig 

2003s

Aaron Darge

Ryan Schiavone

Leon Watson

Mackenzie Ramos

Jay King

I'd expect that the other 2003s who are still on the books to at least be kept on with amateur contracts. (Lennon Watson, Kyle Somers, Aiden Denholm, Kieran Mitchell, sean Docherty, Harris Spratt)

Jay King any relation to Billy and Adam King? 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Jay King any relation to Billy and Adam King? 

No - their other brothers were Ross and Robbie.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

What makes you say that John? ?

I know who's coming up after Harry Stone.?

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

2002s

Harry Stone

Josh Doig 

2003s

Aaron Darge

Ryan Schiavone

Leon Watson

Mackenzie Ramos

Jay King

I believe Denholm has been asked to do part time school/part time Hearts. 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I believe Denholm has been asked to do part time school/part time Hearts. 

He's one of the younger ones who won't be able to leave school before the Christmas break at the earliest.

How does the 2004 squad look FF? 

I'm topic hopefully Harry stone sticks with Hearts for a few more years and really develops. It would be good to promote from within with lads knowing they'll get a chance but money talks down south. It's a shame if we start losing our prospects before they've kicked a ball in the first team.

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I hadn't heard that about Doig. I think he improved quite a lot last season, but he had been overlooked for a full time contract last year.

Edit: Just read the announcement from Hibs last weekend.

Is that a blow we’ve released Doig then?  

Finlay James
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

2002s

Harry Stone

Josh Doig 

2003s

Aaron Darge

Ryan Schiavone

Leon Watson

Mackenzie Ramos

Jay King

I've been impressed by Ramos, Schiavone and King anytime I've seen them play.

Annoying if Stone is leaving but there will undoubtedly be others coming through who can fill the void

On 05/04/2019 at 22:35, Artful Dodger said:

The lads better away.

The Screwballs in our support don't do patience sadly.

Aye lets get rid of all our promising players for this reason 

Slavery off the highest order 

On 05/04/2019 at 22:35, Artful Dodger said:

The lads better away.

The Screwballs in our support don't do patience sadly.

You must really hate Hearts.

johnthomas
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Aye lets get rid of all our promising players for this reason 

Slavery off the highest order 

You're not wrong but I do hold my breath a lot when a new player comes on . Younger players get slightly more of a break but it doesn't last long .

Encouragement will help to instill confidence in a player .

We , invariably , do the opposite

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, jambo19 said:

How does the 2004 squad look FF? 

I'm topic hopefully Harry stone sticks with Hearts for a few more years and really develops. It would be good to promote from within with lads knowing they'll get a chance but money talks down south. It's a shame if we start losing our prospects before they've kicked a ball in the first team.

There's no-one that I'd call a standout in that age group.  Harry Gordon has played a bit for the U18s though. I like Callum Flatman at CB, Adam Laidlaw at RB and Mackenzie Kirk in MF.  They frequently have one or two playing up from the 2005s who are very good prospects in Callum Hambrook and Geig Allen.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

You're not wrong but I do hold my breath a lot when a new player comes on . Younger players get slightly more of a break but it doesn't last long .

Encouragement will help to instill confidence in a player .

We , invariably , do the opposite

Agree to a certain extent but with the football we've had to endure over the past 3 seasons fans patience is wearing really thin. Maybe if the football was better fans might be more patient with players 

I was told by a family friend Harry Stone had signed for Watford but seen nothing confirmed yet.  

Ramos was offered full time but Levein pulled the plug on the offer weeks later.  Denholm offered Part-time...

Doig had offers from 4 teams including one down South but chose Hibs. Hearts didn't offer him a full time contract. 

40 minutes ago, MooseMich said:

I was told by a family friend Harry Stone had signed for Watford but seen nothing confirmed yet.  

Ramos was offered full time but Levein pulled the plug on the offer weeks later.  Denholm offered Part-time...

Doig had offers from 4 teams including one down South but chose Hibs. Hearts didn't offer him a full time contract. 

It’s a shame that Doig wasn’t offered a contract. Been there since he was 8, a jambo and we sign a nobody from Ireland with no connection to the club, in the same position and who has already been binned.

jamboinglasgow
48 minutes ago, MooseMich said:

Seems odd that Levein is over ruling his coaches so often. Surely the coaches would feel not trusted if that keeps happening.

FarmerTweedy
46 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Looks like No 6 has lost an eyelash...Stretcher!

We have a keeper wearing no 6 on their shirt???

40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seems odd that Levein is over ruling his coaches so often. Surely the coaches would feel not trusted if that keeps happening.

Not so much that he is over ruling them, more the case that he is the only one deciding on all contracts offered.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It would be odd if he weren't making the final decisions, that's what he's paid for.

13 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

It would be odd if he weren't making the final decisions, that's what he's paid for.

Exactly. But surely one opinion on every single player is not healthy. Tbf he's picked well at youth level recently.