Angus Beith benefit match ( updated )

SuperstarSteve

SuperstarSteve

As it says in the title.

Apologies if not thread worthy but never seen it mentioned elsewhere and  I thought that was pretty sad news tbh. All the best in whatever you decide to do young man. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• been here before

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

As it says in the title.

Apologies if not thread worthy but never seen it mentioned elsewhere and  I thought that was pretty sad news tbh. All the best in whatever you decide to do young man. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1717619/caley-jags-midfielder-beith-forced-to-retire-aged-23/

shame for him. 

Watt-Zeefuik

A midfielder with a lot of early promise with a superb football name. Very sad to see him not make it.

"It has been confirmed Inverness will face Hearts in a benefit match in Edinburgh at a date yet to be confirmed."

Good news, at least.  Shame for the lad though, 23 is no age to be retiring from something you enjoy!

Just now, tian447 said:

Good news, at least.  Shame for the lad though, 23 is no age to be retiring from something you enjoy!

It's always a shame when a player has to retire so young. Must be really difficult to get your head around after devoting thousands of hours from the age of six, and then it's over like that. 

maroonnicky63

Really good prospect and such sad news for the lad , just shows you why young players move for the money , their career can end at any time . 

All the best Angus. 

Got to do what we all dream of doing even for a short period. Pulling on the famous Maroon. 

Mr Elwood P

All the best Angus. Always a shame for someone to have to retire at such a young age.

I wonder how the ICT fans feel about the swap deal for Mulraney. Can only imagine JKB if the roles had been reversed.

That's such a shame, to know you have a talent but cannot put it to use because of an injury must be frustrating to say the least. All the best to the lad for the future.

The Future's Maroon

So unlucky for him, hope he finds a new love to do work wise

Portable Badger
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

All the best Angus. Always a shame for someone to have to retire at such a young age.

I wonder how the ICT fans feel about the swap deal for Mulraney. Can only imagine JKB if the roles had been reversed.

The Caley ST holders i spoke to up here (I live in Inverness) at the beginning of the season were fairly indifferent about the whole swap-deal.  They said they thought Mulraney had potential, wasn't there yet and could be quite frustrating.  At the same time they knew about Angus' potential from Robbo's praise/comments and his injury history.  They had just hoped he could maintain his loan form with them.

The last discussion i had (4-5 weeks ago?), following me seeing comments on JKB at Beith retiring and getting a coaching role back at Hearts, was a very very short conversation indeed.  All 3 of the ICT ST just asked who's Angus Beith?  They had forgotten he'd ever signed for them.

ToadKiller Dog

Sad for him talented prospect ,

for confidence he should look at the likes of Julian Nagelsmann 1899 Hoffenheim manager. 

At 25 became assistant coach and is now manager. 

So he can still have a good if different career. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Without trying to sound harsh,he is only stopping playing football he has his whole life ahead.He will find another job be it coaching or out in the big world,however good luck for the future.

A shame in a way but the lad can grow old knowing he wore the shirt.

I'd take that.

Awful for the laddie. Hopefully he makes a good go of the coaching.

We really pulled a blinder snagging Mulraney in that deal..

That's terrible news. Wish him all the best. Is the mention above of a youth job at Hearts genuine?

iain ferguson

He’s been doing some coaching with kids for at least a few months as took one of the groups at the February Box Soccer camp at the academy. Good review from an 8 year if that helps!

Clark Griswold

Horrible news for the lad. Glad he’s been able to find something quickly. All the best to him. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

A shame in a way but the lad can grow old knowing he wore the shirt.

I'd take that.

Amen.

Good luck to the lad.

I remember seeing his debut v Wolfsburg and thinking in a couple of years we might just have a player here. Must be a sickner knowing it’s all over before you even really got going. Glad he’s been given a coaching role so he can put his natural ability to use, who knows, maybe we’ll see him lifting trophies as a a manager some day.

Best of luck to the lad

Brighton Jambo

I think it’s good he’s at the academy.  Who better to drum it into the youngsters to never take the opportunity they have got for granted.  

upgotheheads
16 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

As it says in the title.

Certainly worth a thread, in fact I logged on here when I read the EN article. 

I feel very sad for Angus. Most of us here could only ever dream of being a professional football player, but to have been so close to a good career and suffer this injury must  be a blow.

It also says something about the toll  the game takes on young people's bodies. Most of them seem to be in serious training from a very young age. Other young players such as Brandon,  Morrison and Godhino  are already managing long term injuries, so it makes you wonder. I honestly don't remember this being such an issue 40  or 50 years ago.

Good luck to Angus, at least he is  young enough to establish another career.

WheatfieldWarrior

I saw this one earlier - bad news, but good luck to him for the future and I'll be looking out for the benefit match.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
TyphoonJambo

Confirmed as 8th July against ICT. Nice touch. I hope it raises a few quid for the lad.

Saint Jambo

Retired at 23. Will never have earned a large wage during that time but will have given up any real focus on education to pursue his dream of being a footballer.

Do we have any idea what sort of team we will put out? I’m back home for a few days and considering going but don’t want to go and it’s just the unders playing 

2 minutes ago, campbell said:

Do we have any idea what sort of team we will put out? I’m back home for a few days and considering going but don’t want to go and it’s just the unders playing 

Only four days before we play Dundee Utd in our first league cup game. So can’t imagine is playing many, if any, key players.

oh ah grantona
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Only four days before we play Dundee Utd in our first league cup game. So can’t imagine is playing many, if any, key players.

Plus just back from Belfast after playing Saturday