Ian Murray

Spot the dog

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

I will always be grateful to Ian Murray for his part in the FoH. 

I think the SNP candidate (Neil Hay) would have also served the community well had the Tory and Labour voters not joined forces to defeat him in 2015. 

Unless you were a pensioner, of course.

Pleases me that my vote for the PHM kept the SNP out of my constituency.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Boo, hiss, evil SNP!

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

As if a vote for the union is a vote for the vulnerable! 

ToadKiller Dog

Going by the latest polls there is a chance he might be the only Labour MP left again in Scotland if there is a GE soon. 

And John Lamont the last Tory. 

Always respect Murray for his Role in FOH but don't share his new labour politics. 

I don't know what it is but every time he is on the telly he sounds fake to me. Like he is never relaxed, always calculated, a bit like the evil genius in a Pixar animation, which is not really conducive with kissing babies and other such political things so it would be a no from me if I was in his constituency. Thanks for your work with FOH though.

Shanks said no

Not particularly political so I am on the fence regarding the man himself but I do find it a bit cringeworthy for a grown man to wear a football badge on his suit lapel to work, let alone to parliament. 

Libertonian_ii01
4 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

He serves his community well, and many of the constituents do like him. I live in the area and he does a good job. 

I’d expect the same would be said for many snp / conservative etc...

He was the FOH chairman and deserves credit, and a degree of respect.  unfortunately the internet and chat forums descend quickly into tribal based abuse. 

Same here. Agree completely. 

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Spot the dog said:

With all the brexit shenanigans, the one ray of sunshine-Ian Murray proudly wearing his FoH badge. PHM.

He’s been wearing it for weeks, cant stand his politics or him as a person. 

He thinks there's a general election coming... 

Call me cynical, but I think his arrival at FoH had more to do with his own future electoral credibility than any love of our club. A former chairman advising him to do so, no doubt. 

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Eh? 

SNP magically cutting your pension despite it being reserved to Whitehall? Or are you outraged at free bus travel, free prescriptions or free personal care? If you don't like the SNP fair enough, but they can hardly be viewed as bad for pensioners. 

Edited by Toggie88

What a depressing thread. The way I remember it, is Murray provided a figurehead at a time when FOH really needed one. Articulate and media savvy, he had a galvanizing effect.

I get that the cause, or the pursuit of Independence "transcends" all for Nationalists. But when it becomes apparent that that also includes Hearts supporters who do not share their views, you really have to wonder........

Stuart Lyon

I think this says it all

2010 Majority 316

2015 Majority 2,637

2017 Majority 15,514

A hard working an conscientious MP!

8 hours ago, pablo said:

What a depressing thread. The way I remember it, is Murray provided a figurehead at a time when FOH really needed one. Articulate and media savvy, he had a galvanizing effect.

I get that the cause, or the pursuit of Independence "transcends" all for Nationalists. But when it becomes apparent that that also includes Hearts supporters who do not share their views, you really have to wonder........

So you are saying that I should vote for a red Tory unionist over an SNP candidate because he supports Hearts??????