Grand National 2019

Armageddon

Heading down for this on Saturday, yes the derby is being missed, but it's a class day out, anybody got an early shout on a horse?

I'm on Ramses De Teillee at 25/1.

I've not really looked yet but in my opinion if Tiger Roll stays upright he wins.

As usual the value will be in the EW bets.

Step Back.

Nico de Boinville absolutely flying at the moment.

As already said, though, Tiger Roll looks imperious.

Edited by Zaba

1 hour ago, Homme said:

I've not really looked yet but in my opinion if Tiger Roll stays upright he wins.

He got an extra four pounds with Bristol De Mai pulling out and I’m not sure even he can win at that weight - the price is too short for me anyway. Would be happy if he does win though as he’s won me plenty in the past.

I’m on Rock The Kasbah and have a small ew on Valseur Lido at 100/1 but will no doubt have a couple more. Head down tomorrow for the eighth year on the bounce - can’t wait! Only bummer is missing the derby. 

My picks for today.

1.45 La Bague Au Roi

2.20 Pentland Hills

2.50 Bristol De Mai

3.25 Buveur D'Air, Supasundae (to place)

4.05 Top Wood (to place)

4.50 Theinval (to place)

Edited by Homme

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

He got an extra four pounds with Bristol De Mai pulling out and I’m not sure even he can win at that weight - the price is too short for me anyway. Would be happy if he does win though as he’s won me plenty in the past.

I’m on Rock The Kasbah and have a small ew on Valseur Lido at 100/1 but will no doubt have a couple more. Head down tomorrow for the eighth year on the bounce - can’t wait! Only bummer is missing the derby. 

Yeah as i said i will likely look for the EW value instead of backing Tiger. Would love to see him do it though.

I'm sure i will get a first hedge faller in the work sweepstake too.

Edited by Homme

Henry. Henry.

Didn’t ignore Pentland Hills this week.  11/4 winner today.     big wins at Cheltenham and Aintree festivals now.  Shares in the horse were being punted on Facebook end of last year. 

Bet365 giving half your e/w stake back up to £125. Blinding promotion again. It's of your total stake as well so for example, you could cover 5 different horses with 5 at £25 each way and get £125 of your stake back. No need to do the full amount either. Standard promo, only people not invited to partake are those with new accounts from the 3rd of April. 

Henry. Henry.
59 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Bet365 giving half your e/w stake back up to £125. Blinding promotion again. It's of your total stake as well so for example, you could cover 5 different horses with 5 at £25 each way and get £125 of your stake back. No need to do the full amount either. Standard promo, only people not invited to partake are those with new accounts from the 3rd of April. 

Aye, got that through today too.   Already done my main bet but will be handy for when I put on the Mrs and Bairns bets and any others I do.   

Betway giving cash back upto £10 on the first ITV race each day of festival.  

Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Not decided yet.

Backed the winner two years in a row......

:verysmug:

.....purely based on the colours......

For some reason One for Arthur will be wearing black with a red star on the body and 3 red circles on the sleeves - not sure what that is all about

1 hour ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Aye, got that through today too.   Already done my main bet but will be handy for when I put on the Mrs and Bairns bets and any others I do.   

Betway giving cash back upto £10 on the first ITV race each day of festival.  

I won't be having a punt but I'll take advantage. I'm in Barcelona until Saturday evening as well so I don't have a lot of time to look at it. I'm not expecting the odds to be great and I'll be surprised if I can profit more than £50 out of the £125.

Edited by IronJambo

Just now, IronJambo said:

I won't be having a punt but I'll take advantage. I'm in Barcelona until Saturday evening as well so I don't have a lot of time to look at it. I'm not expecting the odds to be great and I'll be surprised if I can profit more than £50 out of the £125.

Is your mum-in-law taking part in the race this year?

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Seriously now, where in Barca are you?

I used to live there.

Interested!

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is your mum-in-law taking part in the race this year?

I don't think Rhinos race

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

I don't think Rhinos race

I knew the answer would be good, but....

:rofl: 

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Seriously now, where in Barca are you?

I used to live there.

Interested!

Been based in Premia de Mar for the last week, holed up in an air b&b with American friends.

Edited by IronJambo

5 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Been based in Premia de Mar for the last week, holed up in an air b&b with American friends.

Just outside Barca then?

Cool, have fun!

Have you visited Sitges?  Not everyone’s cup of tea, but a lovely wee place.

Heading down again and will be sticking to my tried and tested tactic of backing half the field using the Bet 365 offer.

Had cash on Pentland Hills and Supasundae today so my national bets are paid for.

Just now, Morgan said:

:lol: 

One of my favourite videos for the madness of the race and the added comedy of the commentary.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

One of my favourite videos for the madness of the race and the added comedy of the commentary.

It’s tremendous!  I’ve never seen that before.

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Have another one.

Ta, I’ve just sent them to a few folk!

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Just outside Barca then?

Cool, have fun!

Have you visited Sitges?  Not everyone’s cup of tea, but a lovely wee place.

Yeah we've been on the train in most days. No trip to Stiges. Visited Montserrat today. Loving the local bakeries but can't help but think they're just copying the French badly. The coffee is shit, probably copying the French there too. The wine is.....ummm, not French ? I've learnt that the Catalans are just like us Scots, with a chip on their shoulder about everything but do dick all about it. Pansy protests aside. 

Planning on spending tomorrow at a beach drinking rum and gin whilst my 4 year old drowns in the sea. I'll fantasise about the mother-in-law trying to save him and causing mass destrction by raising the sea level ten metres.

Maroon Sailor

Can't get Rock the Kasbah out my head for this one so going for that.

Like the look of Jury Duty

20 hours ago, Homme said:

My picks for today.

1.45 La Bague Au Roi - useless

2.20 Pentland Hills - Won @ 4s

2.50 Bristol De Mai - useless

3.25 Buveur D'Air - nope Supasundae (to place) - Won at 12s

4.05 Top Wood (to place) - won @ 18s

4.50 Theinval (to place) - NR

Small profit yesterday. Could have been a great day had i been a bit braver with my to place bets. Here are my selections today:-

1.45 Esprit Du Large EW - 9/1

2.20 Rouge Vif EW - 10/1

2.50 Chris's Dream EW - 10/1

3.25 Politologue - 5.2

4.05 Ballyhill - 10/1

4.40 Dallas Du Pictons - 9/2

5.15 Ebony Jewel - 9/1

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Have another one.

I couldn’t see it at one point for the tears in my eyes. That was hilarious mate, just couldn’t stop laughing :notworthy:

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can't get Rock the Kasbah out my head for this one so going for that.

Like the look of Jury Duty

Those are two of my three bets. Means nothing though as I know nothing about horses and just go on the name really. 

The Old Tolbooth

I really can't see past Tiger Roll if he doesn't get brought down by another horse, and that's a big if! He just oozes class round these types of fences and over this type of distance, he's up 9lbs from last year when he won it, but for me he's improved more than 9lbs from last year based on the way he romped home at Cheltenham completely unchallenged. 

The only other ones I've backed are Ramses Des Tielles at 40/1, and Jury Duty at 25/1 (a few weeks back). 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Tiger Roll didn't even lookout of breath at Cheltenham, but I can't bring myself to back such a short price in the race so have went for Vintage Clouds and Anibale Fly.

luckyBatistuta

Pleasant Company e/w...stayed on really strongly after the last against Tiger Roll

Step Back e/w...if it can return to last seasons form when it destroyed Rock the Kasbah, has a decent shout

Radio Ga Ga

Nobody has mentioned Rathvinden, 2nd Fav into 9’s from 25’s in February and trained by Willie Mullins and ridden by Ruby Walsh, money has come from somewhere...

J.T.F.Robertson

Just had my sister do "Walk in the Mill" for me. Something I've done on the odd occasion. :whistling:

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Nobody has mentioned Rathvinden, 2nd Fav into 9’s from 25’s in February and trained by Willie Mullins and ridden by Ruby Walsh, money has come from somewhere...

Probably Harry Redknapp after a bit of wheeling and dealing like this ......

Rathvinden ? No no no it's got absolutely no chance, don't waste your money, it's a donkey no chance. My Sandra could run faster.

Harry it has drifted to 25's from 16's.

Hello - this is Harry - can I have 500 nicker each way on Rathvinden at 25 to 1.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Pleasant Company e/w...stayed on really strongly after the last against Tiger Roll

Step Back e/w...if it can return to last seasons form when it destroyed Rock the Kasbah, has a decent shout

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Step Back

Pleasant Company

General Principle

All EW

Hope you win Liam ;)

maroonlegions

Here is my top four horses for the Grand National;

1;Lake View Lad.
2;Tiger Roll.
3;Captain Red Beard.

4;Walk in The Mill.