2019 US Masters

Disser Pointon

2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

I would argue that he has done more for the game of golf than anybody. 

An absolute legend. 

I'd argue Arnold Palmer did more for the game than any other player; closely followed by Nicklaus. Maybe it's an age thing.

Finding the Woods love fest a bit nauseating tbh

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Maroon Sailor

• OBE

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Woods hadn’t been a complete prick and had looked after himself better then he could have had 25 majors in the bag by now.

Say what you want about the guy though, to come from almost never walking again to winning another major is some achievement. Especially when many had totally written him off.

Many would have just jacked it and retired years ago but he has stuck at it and put a tremendous amount of work in to get back to where he is now. Make no mistake he has wanted to beat Jack Nicklaus since he was a 3 year old.

US Open next and its at Pebble Beach. A golf course where in the past he has won by 15 shots. Watch this space!

Much similarity between Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods. And Donald Trump.

Shame. Really enjoyed his self-inflicted fall from grace. A true anti-hero of sport. Hopefully his performance here is the last flash of a dying star. A dying arsehole of a star.

18 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Much similarity between Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods. And Donald Trump.

Shame. Really enjoyed his self-inflicted fall from grace. A true anti-hero of sport. Hopefully his performance here is the last flash of a dying star. A dying arsehole of a star.

Bugger off ya Murican...

As a sportsman it is an amazing story. As a person ? 

132goals1958
1 hour ago, felix said:

I'd argue Arnold Palmer did more for the game than any other player; closely followed by Nicklaus. Maybe it's an age thing.

Finding the Woods love fest a bit nauseating tbh

Agree with all of that.

William H. Bonney
43 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

If Woods hadn’t been a complete prick and had looked after himself better then he could have had 25 majors in the bag by now.

Say what you want about the guy though, to come from almost never walking again to winning another major is some achievement. Especially when many had totally written him off.

Many would have just jacked it and retired years ago but he has stuck at it and put a tremendous amount of work in to get back to where he is now. Make no mistake he has wanted to beat Jack Nicklaus since he was a 3 year old.

US Open next and its at Pebble Beach. A golf course where in the past he has won by 15 shots. Watch this space!

Us pga next. 

10 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Us pga next. 

So it is. I forgot they have moved it from August to May.

Bethpage where Tiger has won in the past also!

People hating on tiger are just seething with pure and utter jealousy. 

The guys been an arsehole in the past. He drank, took drugs cheated on his wife. How many "normal" people in the world can say they have done the same even without women throwing down their knickers down due to their fame? 

He was his worst own enemy and threw his peak years away due to that and injury problems. Aren't people allowed to change, grow and attone for their mistakes?  

Like or loathe him his talent, determination and global icon status makes him the greatest thing that golf has or will ever produce again. There will be no other player like tiger woods so best to enjoy his talents whilst you can. 

Like Ronnie O'Sullivan in snooker. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

The guys been an arsehole in the past. He drank, took drugs cheated on his wife. How many "normal" people in the world can say they have done the same even without women throwing down their knickers down due to their fame? 

He was his worst own enemy and threw his peak years away due to that and injury problems. Aren't people allowed to change, grow and attone for their mistakes?  

Like or loathe him his talent, determination and global icon status makes him the greatest thing that golf has or will ever produce again. There will be no other player like tiger woods so best to enjoy his talents whilst you can. 

Spot on.    The guy made some terrible mistakes and was a ***** to his family.    But they were human mistakes.    He deserves to make right on his errors.   What he's achieved is monumental.

The self righteousness on this thread is rancid.   

132goals1958
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Spot on.    The guy made some terrible mistakes and was a ***** to his family.    But they were human mistakes.    He deserves to make right on his errors.   What he's achieved is monumental.

The self righteousness on this thread is rancid.   

It is all about opinions but it is still Nicklaus who is the all time great for me. He was also competing against such luminaries as Player, Palmer Watson and Trevino. There is probably more depth internationally now but the Golden Bear in my book was the best 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

It is all about opinions but it is still Nicklaus who is the all time great for me. He was also competing against such luminaries as Player, Palmer Watson and Trevino. There is probably more depth internationally now but the Golden Bear in my book was the best 

It's an interesting, and probably unanswerable, question:

Were the golfers competing against Nicklaus better than those opposing Woods yesterday?

Maroon Sailor
52 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Were the golfers competing against Nicklaus better than those opposing Woods yesterday?

Probably

They didn't have the technology associated with todays game.

Players can drive par 4's now

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

All subjective which reminds me of an auld uncle who always maintained there would never be another Sam Snead

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I used to hate Woods for his attitude towards everyone and anyone during his peak years, he would constantly be noted for ignoring young kids for autographs be arrogant around anyone and generally be a *****.

This Woods at least seems to have learned a bit of respect for the game and others through his comeback so for now fair play to him.

We’ll see if he stays not being a *****.

The format suited Woods with the early tee off and three ball, added pressure on Molinari and he eventually folded.  

Maroon Sailor

I wonder if he gave a urine sample.

Find it hard to believe he is not taking some form of medication.

6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I wonder if he gave a urine sample.

Find it hard to believe he is not taking some form of medication.

A bit of a shite comment. The man has fought and beaten prescription drug addiction. 

I read this morning that Woods is to be awarded the Medal of Freedom by Donald Trump. The guy in shorts is Jack Nicklaus.

Dya2lBaWoAIb697.jpg