4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is young?

He has had one nice touch in 4 games?

Blind faith that he will come good?

We know who I am talking about.

I am now out of suggestions.

Bit difficult with us when there is no chances created 

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty sure Harry Kane wasn’t all that when he started out. 

But nah write players off after half a dozen games or even better blame Budge.

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Goals. Why would you use anything else?

You would think. There are players like Uche who have an all round game and do so much bar scoring tho but this boy is as bad as it gets. As soon as I see him in the team I know it will not end well. I would rather have David Witeveen. Buck stops with the man in charge. He rates him, he picks him he loses it for us.

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Pretty sure Harry Kane wasn’t all that when he started out. 

But nah write players off after half a dozen games or even better blame Budge.

You are kidding right?

I can play 6 chords on the guitar and it is like saying stick with me as I will soon be Jimi Hendrix.

I have never known a worse striker to play for us than this boy and **** me we have had plenty to challenge.

Cruyff Turn

Goals. Why would you use anything else?

Plenty good strikers that didn’t score many goals. 

As long as he’s laying them on, holding it up or linking play then he’ll be giving something to the team. 

Our strikers play with their back to goal most of the time at the half way line. If the midfield dont push up the park and create chances for your strikers to score what chance u got. Uche battles to create his own chances. The structure of the team and the tactics are honking.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

As long as he’s laying them on, holding it up or linking play then he’ll be giving something to the team. 

which he does not.

JamboGraham

I would class that activity as a forward rather than a striker. I suppose another question is which role is i8’s favourite being asked to perform?

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

which he does not.

Laid on Clare’s goal v Livi but yes, so far he doesn’t seem to compete well enough, seems a bit soft for the SPFL.

Cruyff Turn

I would class that activity as a forward rather than a striker. I suppose another question is which role is i8’s favourite being asked to perform?

Fair point, I don’t think he is a striker in the ‘Robbo’ sense, I think he’s meant to be a target man/link up forward. 

Laid on Clare’s goal v Livi but yes, so far he doesn’t seem to compete well enough, seems a bit soft for the SPFL.

There is a Dundee fan in my work and he laughed when we signed him. I thought he was just being cute.

I was wrong.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair point, I don’t think he is a striker in the ‘Robbo’ sense, I think he’s meant to be a target man/link up forward. 

He has no role. He is dabolical.

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He has no role. He is dabolical.

I’d say, i’d give him more time before writing him off completely, although it looks like we might not even get the chance to see him again if CL i has seen enough not to include him in the reserves or on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d say, i’d give him more time before writing him off completely, although it looks like we might not even get the chance to see him again if CL i has seen enough not to include him in the reserves or on the bench.

Sadly, he will feature v Hibs and beyond.

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

516S4bEUe4L._SX366_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'd rather have Roy Chubby Brown up front.

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I think Cruyff and i8 are talking about different players?

No idea what is going on now. I thought it was obvious. 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I think he's ok. Needs a run in the team and starts. And a goal on Saturday would be ideal too

He will not score on Saturday and you can take that to the bank and store in a safety deposit box. 

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is young?

I dont know who you're talking about Jimi.  We have around 50 so called strikers who fit that description.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Stop being dramatic i8.

Wighton is one of the only ones to come out of tonight with pass marks. Levein pretty much admitting he tried to use him in an Uche-style role just sums up how poor tonight was.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I dont know who you're talking about Jimi.  We have around 50 so called strikers who fit that description.

Haha true.

None who we signed from Dundee though.

Just now, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Stop being dramatic i8.

Wighton is one of the only ones to come out of tonight with pass marks. Levein pretty much admitting he tried to use him in an Uche-style role just sums up how poor tonight was.

32 games in and Levein is still 'trying' stuff. Speaks volumes.

Wighton is not a good sole striker regardless of age or potential. The fact that Levein ignores this and plays him up front by himself is ridiculous. Having said that I have no issue with Wighton playing off Uche or as a winger.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

It does.

I'm not quite sure what Wighton's best role is but he is very much a development player for us. Not a natural goalscorer by any means and that is something we lack for sure 

Sexton Hardcastle

It was the same people writing off Johnsen. Boy barely got a chance and was cheered out the club. Good to see he is doing well for himself.

rudi must stay
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He will not score on Saturday and you can take that to the bank and store in a safety deposit box. 

And bury it under a big T

2 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Stop being dramatic i8.

This shows leveins out his depth now.

We have showed we cant play that way with uche out so we have to change the system.

He never does.

Michael Stewart pointed it out at the weekend that we done the same thing in 2nd half only done it better. 

Rant over ?

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

sad thing about this thread...

Hust how awful must Vanecek be?!?!?

What a cluster**** our recruitment is.

It genuinely is difficult to judge our strikers on their finishing ability when we literally create no chances for them. Our crossing is abysmal and our creativity from

midfield is poor.

When was the last time a cross was put on a plate for our forward to tap in?

When was the last time anyone played a defence splitting pass for our forwards to run on to?

Aimless punts to a lone striker; overhit crosses; poor delivery from set plays and sideways passing across the midfield are the order of the day for us.

If our forwards were missing barrowloads of chances then I could understand the criticism, but not when they aren’t being given them. 

27 minutes ago, Combo1974 said:

It genuinely is difficult to judge our strikers on their finishing ability when we literally create no chances for them. Our crossing is abysmal and our creativity from midfield is poor.

When was the last time anyone played a defence splitting pass for our forwards to run on to?

Aimless punts to a lone striker; overhit crosses; poor delivery from set plays and sideways passing across the midfield are the order of the day for us.

If our forwards were missing barrowloads of chances then I could understand the criticism, but not when they aren’t being given them. 

This is where I'm at.

Our strikers need to create their own chances due to the lack of opportunities created by our (non-existant) midfield.

Uche's the only one who can truly do this.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a less creative Hearts side than the one we have now.

Edited by Le Chat
typo

25 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

This is where I'm at.

Our strikers need to create their own chances due to the lack of opportunities created by our (non-existant) midfield.

Uche's the only one who can truly do this.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a less creative Hearts side than the one we have now.

Potentially Csaba Laszlo's team. averaged under 1 goal a game iirc. Only difference was we barely conceded.  We concede so many under Levein, even with 2 quality CBs we are VERY easy to score against.

****, he was brutal but we did get into Europe with him though which is more than we will this season.

7 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It was the same people writing off Johnsen. Boy barely got a chance and was cheered out the club. Good to see he is doing well for himself.

Johnsen scored a good few goals. Wighton could go a season and not score.

Phil Dunphy
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I'd rather have Roy Chubby Brown up front.

Funny, I’m sure you were talking about how you didn’t care anymore recently. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Combo1974 said:

It genuinely is difficult to judge our strikers on their finishing ability when we literally create no chances for them. Our crossing is abysmal and our creativity from

midfield is poor.

Yeah agree with this. We have literally zero creativity. We can win games, at home generally, with some graft (Uche) but never with any guile or style. 

Away from home it’s absolutely pitiful stuff. 

Wighton has been one of our best players in the 3 or 4 times I’ve watched him play for the reserves. Nice touches l, works harder than anyone else (except for maybe burns who is like a pit bull chasing a ball) and has a footballing brain. I think a combination of four things are making him fail for the first team- 

1) played out of position/finding his position 

2) bad tactics/having no support

3) lack of experience/confidence in front of 18k. Not all people are natural born performers so to speak

4) Injuries over the last year, though this may play in with #3.

i don’t think he’s ready for the first team right now but I’ve seen first hand for the reserves what levein must see day in day out, so I’m happy to give him a chance next season underneath new management. 

If you're not 6ft 4 and able to bully defenders with your physical presence alone then you are not going to be effective in a Levein team, what did anyone expect the likes of Wighton and Clare to do last night? I can't remember a pass to feet, the amount of times it went out the park, straight to one of their players or just launched in to an empty bit of grass was unreal.

When Austin pulls up his analysis on the laptop this morning I'd love to see the pass completion statistics, must be sitting at an all time low. 

Djoum is meant to be our best midfielder and you even have people talking about him for player of the year, he doesn't even want the ****ing ball :lol: he's like the invisible man who turns up with a foul every 15-20 minutes when he finally gets close enough to an opposition player.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

And yet he gets called a dinosaur.

45 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Wighton has been one of our best players in the 3 or 4 times I’ve watched him play for the reserves. Nice touches l, works harder than anyone else (except for maybe burns who is like a pit bull chasing a ball) and has a footballing brain. I think a combination of four things are making him fail for the first team- 

1) played out of position/finding his position 

2) bad tactics/having no support

3) lack of experience/confidence in front of 18k. Not all people are natural born performers so to speak

4) Injuries over the last year, though this may play in with #3.

i don’t think he’s ready for the first team right now but I’ve seen first hand for the reserves what levein must see day in day out, so I’m happy to give him a chance next season underneath new management. 

Novel approach. Giving a young player a chance, especially when you've seen them play a good few games. It'll never catch on.

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

And yet he gets called a dinosaur.

He had an entire pre season to try stuff. Not like we had Europe but no he was too busy struggling and making diddy errors in the diddy cup diddy round.

32 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I8 nowhere to be seen when we win, pitchfork out when we don't...

I was on a lot at the weekend or are you being selective?

OmiyaHearts
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He is young?

Judge him when he's in a team playing to his strengths. I don't think it's fair to assess any of our players currently working under the inept coaching staff.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Combo1974 said:

midfield is poor.

Agree. Good post.