Power cut in the West End

Tazio

Good old Scottish Power, I was on a lunchtime start today but now I don't need to bother as apparently a cable was cut through by accident so no power until 9.30pm. 

Nice little free day off.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Just my luck, it's fine in Frederick street!

Hilariously I've just got a message from a friend who works over the road from my work and their side of the street is fine. They're now watching people go home from offices about 10 yards away. 

Rotten luck for the people who have tickets for the two performances of Local Hero at the Lyceum though as it's been cancelled for the day.

AlphonseCapone

The power in my flat (Dalry) seemed like it was going to go twice this morning, made that sound as though about to trip, but I've still got power... So far. 

scottish_chicP

We are on Dublin Streets and our lights flickered 4 times earlier. Sadly no power cut and still in work :(

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Good old Scottish Power, I was on a lunchtime start today but now I don't need to bother as apparently a cable was cut through by accident so no power until 9.30pm. 

Nice little free day off.

Was it Scottish Power that cut the cable, or some other cowboy?

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Was it Scottish Power that cut the cable, or some other cowboy?

Scottish Power or someone subbed by them. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

My work is at Tollcross and our power went out twice, unfortunately my floor has a back up generator which meant we were back up and running within seconds. No running water though so couldn't use the water machines or go to the toilet meaning we had to go to the building next door to use theirs instead. The generator didn't have enough power to last the day so they had to get extra fuel delivered to keep it running. We were initially told power would be back by midday and then it was "no power until this evening" shortly after. All a bit of a shambles and if we weren't so busy we'd have undoubtedly been sent home.

My mate works down by the Usher Hall and their power went out too. He's not long mentioned that their power still isn't back yet so he's got a confirmed WFH day tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury.

The Royal Lyceum got their show in tonight by Scottish Power providing a very large 3 phase generator feeding the main incomer for the building. I sense there may have been a few furious phone calls happening. My work is right next to the Usher Hall so we won’t have power yet either. I reckon I’ll have to go in though to see what’s happening. And if the power is back rub lots of checks and find out if anything is gubbed from the power out.