Flying to/from the US

Craig Gordons Gloves

Craig Gordons Gloves

Just a heads up for anyone that is thinking of flying to/from the US, Aer Lingus is opening up a load of new routes and they have a sale on until tomorrow, we got flights for the 4 of us to come home for $2400 when we're normally paying around $1000 per person. Connecting through Dublin obviously but flight times are pretty decent and there is one free checked bag for each passenger. 

alwaysthereinspirit
38 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Just a heads up for anyone that is thinking of flying to/from the US, Aer Lingus is opening up a load of new routes and they have a sale on until tomorrow, we got flights for the 4 of us to come home for $2400 when we're normally paying around $1000 per person. Connecting through Dublin obviously but flight times are pretty decent and there is one free checked bag for each passenger. 

I do Aer Lingus all the time now out off Boston. In Edinburgh by 10.00 next morning and clear US Immigration and customs in Dublin going back. Well worth it. Enjoy.

Craig Gordons Gloves
55 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I do Aer Lingus all the time now out off Boston. In Edinburgh by 10.00 next morning and clear US Immigration and customs in Dublin going back. Well worth it. Enjoy.

They haven't had a Minneapolis route before, starts in July so hoping it helps drive down the prices on Delta at the same time.  Good to know it's a decent service.

Edited by Craig Gordons Gloves

luckyBatistuta

I’ve just booked up for this year to Florida with Delta Airlines for the 4 of us (3 adults + 1 child) and got it for £1,297 :D

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That will depend on how Brexit pans out, soon.

Singapore Airlines Manchester - Houston usually gives some fantastic deals as well. I know numerous people who have got sub 500 notes return in the last 12 months. Houston is a United hub so you can get flights to pretty much anywhere within the US from here. 

alwaysthereinspirit
57 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

That will depend on how Brexit pans out, soon.

Soon? Maybe, possibly not, probably not. Who the **** knows. Crazy.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Soon? Maybe, possibly not, probably not. Who the **** knows. Crazy.

:lol: I know. What a cluster****.

alwaysthereinspirit

Flying Boston to Rome tomorrow. Alitalia, $504 return. Unheard of over the past few years. Always been at least a $1000 anywhere in Europe from Boston.

OnePaulHartley
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve just booked up for this year to Florida with Delta Airlines for the 4 of us (3 adults + 1 child) and got it for £1,297 :D

We just arrived in Orlando today using delta via Amsterdam and flights were brilliant. Inflight entertainment was great massive choice of up to date movies and tv series. Service top notch too constantly offering drinks and snacks. Would definitely be my airline of choice in future.  

Done Edinburgh to Chicago going through Dublin with Aer Lingus a couple of times...great to clear immigration at Dublin rather go through the madness at the US side

Going to Orlando in June with BA and got the family of 4 , with baggage, for £820 return all in .....[£205 each].........cheapest we have ever got to the US.........Edinburgh to Gatwick then onto Orlando

Edited by moz

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, OnePaulHartley said:

We just arrived in Orlando today using delta via Amsterdam and flights were brilliant. Inflight entertainment was great massive choice of up to date movies and tv series. Service top notch too constantly offering drinks and snacks. Would definitely be my airline of choice in future.  

That’s great to hear, as we are also going through Amsterdam  :thumb:

5 hours ago, OnePaulHartley said:

I fly with them Friday to New York.

7 hours ago, OnePaulHartley said:

Sounds like they've upped their game as they used to be my last choice. Just as well really as I've just received flight details from my work for a trip to LA soon and it's with them.

Boston Jambo

Delta is now introducing direct flights from Boston to Edinburgh. I believe that it's only going to be during the summer season. 

davemclaren

Flying to and from Hartford CT with Aer Lingus this month so will find out soon how good they are. Nice pint of Guinness in Dublin hopefully. 

SwindonJambo

I'm flying Heathrow to Boston in June with Virgin Atlantic and back from New York 2 weeks later with Delta, their code share partner. Both direct flights.

£277 return, cabin luggage only.

14 hours ago, moz said:

Going to Orlando in June with BA and got the family of 4 , with baggage, for £820 return all in .....[£205 each].........cheapest we have ever got to the US.........Edinburgh to Gatwick then onto Orlando

That is a great price, I’ve noticed BA Edinburgh to Miami is also dirt cheap this year too. Horrendous airport but an easy drive to Naples for me. 

Currently trying to get a good deal on flights to Atlanta for mid November (BA or KLM) but are just too high just now

one thing I have noted BA doing recently is there standard ticket having no food or drink included in the initially quoted price

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 02/04/2019 at 21:23, OnePaulHartley said:

Delta is definitely my airline of choice, the level of service has increased massively in the past few years, we fly the Minneapolis - Amsterdam - Edinburgh route whenever possible, sadly, because there isn't much competition for direct euro flights from here the cost is usually quite high. I fly with Delta whenever i fly in the US, if i can (i had to fly American once and i still feel grubby from that plane) i've been gold with them for a few years now and one year reached the heady heights of platinum, having status  has totally spoiled me now and i feel bad for my kids who think it's normal to not have to wait in lines at security.