• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

• rudi must stay

Bazzas right boot

Walker would be OK if in centre midfield, he's more of a goal threat than Djoum. So as a direct replacement as a attacking mid, not bad. 

Always been a tidy player and has speed of thought. 

We'd still need a bit pace tho, so atleast-winger, a good one. 

Strikers, as above a bit pace and movement. 

Lb, depending on whites progress, I'd have a back up plan. 

Gk- I'd like a steadier, more commanding keeper as number 1. 

Another midfielder at least as well. 

Not too much tbh. 

Bozanic 

Ben

Djoum 

Doyle 

Hughes 

Maclean ( just back up if a crisis?) 

Being the  big casualties. 

Cruyff Turn

Wish list 

GK - Craig Gordon - Celtic

LB - Stephen Hendrie - Southend Utd

LCB - Tommy Hoban - Watford

DM/CM - Hiram Boateng - Exeter City

CM - Paul Coutts - Sheffield Utd

CM/AM - Craig Bryson - Derby County

RWB/RM/CM - Chris Cadden - Motherwell 

RW/LW- Sheraldo Becker - Ado Den Haag

IF/AM - Jamie Walker - Wigan Athletic

IF/LW - David Milinkovic - Hull City

ST - Connor Washington - Sheffield Utd

CF - Curtis Main (back up) - Motherwell

Punt List

Colin Doyle 

Aaron Hughes

Connor Shaughnessy (going)

Jamie Brandon (loan)

Bobby Burns (loan)

Maulary Martin

Olly Lee

Oliver Bozanic

Arnaud Djoum (going) 

Callumn Morrison (loan)

Craig Wighton (loan/release)

Steven MacLean

Aiden Keena (loan/release)

David Vanecek

Connor Sammon 

:laugh:

Hectormasson
On 07/05/2019 at 11:42, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think most teams are now tbh. 

It something we've just started to do and in modern football it should be utilised as much as possible. 

Celtic, rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs have all done it quite a bit. 

Aberdeen had that maddison and Christie, and they were thier best players. 

Hibs with Allan and mcnulty 

Rangers with Kent/ defoe. 

Us with Naismith. 

Celtic had the man City guy and eduard. 

Think its a good way of getting a couple of players that can lift you a level. 

I generally like attacking players on loan. 

Any chance of hearts getting Marriott on loan from derby??????

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Any chance of hearts getting Marriott on loan from derby??????

Maybe 4 man citieh young guns. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wish list 

Punt List

Colin Doyle 

Aaron Hughes

Jamie Brandon (loan)

Bobby Burns (loan)

Maulary Martin

Olly Lee

Oliver Bozanic

Arnaud Djoum (going) 

Callumn Morrison (loan)

Steven MacLean

David Vanecek

Connor Sammon 

would hundred percent rather maclean at the club than thay huddy curtis main. Every day of the week. And why you want to release keena i have no clue

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, maroon said:

would hundred percent rather maclean at the club than thay huddy curtis main. Every day of the week. And why you want to release keena i have no clue

Swap him for Boyce.

Keena will never make it at Hearts, so why keep him?

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Swap him for Boyce.

Because you have to give players a chance at least

And why won't he anyway (you've maybe seen more of him than me) Good attributes (strong, good finisher, confident) But Boyce would be a great bit of business if we can get that deal done

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Swap him for Boyce.

Keena has played 3 first team games and you've managed to conclude he isn't good enough :rolleyes5:

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Because you have to give players a chance at least

And why won't he anyway (you've maybe seen more of him than me) Good attributes (strong, good finisher, confident) But Boyce would be a great bit of business if we can get that deal done

He’s not going to get a chance because he’s not good enough to start ahead of Uche, Naisy or anyone we bring in.

He needs to be playing 30 games a season at a decent level if he wants to progress. He won’t get that here.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Keena has played 3 first team games and you've managed to conclude he isn't good enough :rolleyes5:

Correct. 

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s not going to get a chance because he’s not good enough to start ahead of Uche, Naisy or anyone we bring in.

He needs to be playing 30 games a season at a decent level if he wants to progress. He won’t get that here.

It depends how we manage him my friend

If you look at Ferguson with Ronaldo, the general thing was he wouldn't play every week but he'd play in certain games to tough him up. We have been doing the same with Cochrane until recently and I think this is a great approach.

There's no guarantee he won't be an impact sub too. He could get 15/20 games either way next season

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wish list 

Punt List

Colin Doyle 

Aaron Hughes

Jamie Brandon (loan)

Bobby Burns (loan)

Maulary Martin

Olly Lee

Oliver Bozanic

Arnaud Djoum (going) 

Callumn Morrison (loan)

Steven MacLean

David Vanecek

Connor Sammon 

Do you have a more realistic wishlist (from EPL/ Championship to SPL wages wise isn't going to happen) but impressive knowledge of free agents :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

wow, that is frightening

Got to agree with CT - don’t think Keena is good enough for us and therefore better served going on loan to another premiership team. 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

It depends how we manage him my friend

If you look at Ferguson with Ronaldo, the general thing was he wouldn't play every week but he'd play in certain games to tough him up. We have been doing the same with Cochrane until recently and I think this is a great approach.

There's no guarantee he won't be an impact sub too. He could get 15/20 games either way next season

If we sign one or two strikers plus Naisy, there are going to be senior players on the bench. 

I can’t see where he gets a chance unless we don’t sign anyone.

14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Do you have a more realistic wishlist (from EPL/ Championship to SPL wages wise isn't going to happen) but impressive knowledge of free agents :thumbsup:

The only unrealistic ones on that list is Becker and Washington but if we pushed the boat out, we could get players like them. 

The rest are do-able. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Sensible thing is to get him loaned out to a club where he is going to get that with the understanding that if he does well he comes back and starts. St Mirren, Livi, Hamilton, ICT(if they come up) all be prime clubs for him to get that experience at.

(IMO)

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sensible thing is to get him loaned out to a club where he is going to get that with the understanding that if he does well he comes back and starts. St Mirren, Livi, Hamilton, ICT(if they come up) all be prime clubs for him to get that experience at.

(IMO)

Agree. If he bangs in 20 goals in the Championship then he might be an option for the 20/21 season. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree. If he bangs in 20 goals in the Championship then he might be an option for the 20/21 season. 

The Championship? 

Nah, if we're talking about him probably not making it I think we need to go sink or swim and get him out on loan to a poor Premiership club. Livi or Hamilton don't have masses of cash and could be open to it. The lads obviously got talent, but I think giving him that sort of push will let the management know if he's going to make it at this level or if its time to cut loose. 

I actually think this strengthens the argument for a bigger league. More clubs would mean he could go out on loan to a Raith Rovers type that are in the top league. The step up between the Champ and Prem is too great and not a good indicator of ability.

rudi must stay
36 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we sign one or two strikers plus Naisy, there are going to be senior players on the bench. 

I can’t see where he gets a chance unless we don’t sign anyone.

The only unrealistic ones on that list is Becker and Washington but if we pushed the boat out, we could get players like them. 

The rest are do-able. 

The guy from Exeter maybe, and Stephen Hendrie. Watford and Sheffield Utd, big clubs and nice wages I'm sure, so I can't see them. 

Edited by rudi must stay

Just love these threads. People produce wish lists and the club goes in the complete opposite direction.

Hectormasson

A commanding goalkeeper, attacking midfielder ,decent right winger who can cross and chip in with goals, and a goalscorer, no disrespect to what we have but we need far better ,to go forward at this club...

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, OTT said:

The Championship? 

Nah, if we're talking about him probably not making it I think we need to go sink or swim and get him out on loan to a poor Premiership club. Livi or Hamilton don't have masses of cash and could be open to it. The lads obviously got talent, but I think giving him that sort of push will let the management know if he's going to make it at this level or if its time to cut loose. 

I actually think this strengthens the argument for a bigger league. More clubs would mean he could go out on loan to a Raith Rovers type that are in the top league. The step up between the Champ and Prem is too great and not a good indicator of ability.

Although I agree that is the level we want to see him at, I don’t think we should loan young attacking players to bottom 6 SPFL clubs because strikers need to score goals and he might not get chances or end up sitting on the bench as the manager looks for more experience. 

But you’ve hit the nail on the head regarding a bigger league. If we had a 16 team league then perhaps managers can use their squad more against lesser teams or our players get opportunities at our level out on loan.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The guy from Exeter maybe, and Stephen Hendrie. Watford and Sheffield Utd, big clubs and nice wages I'm sure, so I can't see them. 

They are free contracts. They have all been released.

We’re a big club. 

Hibs signed Horgan for money last season from a Championship side. 

Coutts and Bryson are both Scottish and in their 30’s now. I’m pretty sure we could have both. 

Hoban at Watford was at Aberdeen last season. Good enough for them but not good enough for us? 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Dear lord ????

Bit rich coming from a guy who hates Djoum. ?

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Although I agree that is the level we want to see him at, I don’t think we should loan young attacking players to bottom 6 SPFL clubs because strikers need to score goals and he might not get chances or end up sitting on the bench as the manager looks for more experience. 

But you’ve hit the nail on the head regarding a bigger league. If we had a 16 team league then perhaps managers can use their squad more against lesser teams or our players get opportunities at our level out on loan.

They are free contracts. They have all been released.

We’re a big club. 

Hibs signed Horgan for money last season from a Championship side. 

Coutts and Bryson are both Scottish and in their 30’s now. I’m pretty sure we could have both. 

Hoban at Watford was at Aberdeen last season. Good enough for them but not good enough for us? 

Bit rich coming from a guy who hates Djoum. ?

5 games Hoban played, can't have done much. And do need a centre back anyway, I'm not sure we do. Petkov won the player of the season for the under 20's as well so there's back up too

Coutts looks good, but I think there'd be a queue. We would need to act fast and hopefully have, reminds me of Scougall, for me he should have been persued a few summers ago and we'd have got him

FarmerTweedy
On 06/05/2019 at 23:32, OTT said:

Squad next season if I had my way:

GK - Gordon, Zlamal, Mason

RB - Smith, Godinho, Brandon

CB - Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Dikamona

LB - Wallace, White, Garuccio, Burns

CDM - Haring, Bozanic

CM - Bryson, Adam, Cochrane

CAM - Clare, Edwards, Walker

RM - Morrison, McDonald, Milinkovic

LM - Mulraney

ST - Uche, Lafferty, Mclean, Vanecek, Keena, Zeefuik

Was reading the huns forum and they want rid of Lafferty, assuming they reach a settlement for him  I think he would be a good signing. High maintenance but would score and give us a goal threat in the big games.

I've already said and folk don't agree, however, I think investing in Zeefuik is a no brainer, best finisher we've seen at Tynie in many a year. A zero risk signing since he needs us more than we need him. We'd be in the driver seat negotiation wise.

Bryson and Adam have already been discussed at length. Wallace is a known quantity and probably needed given how long Garuccio will be out for and White being unknown. 

Walker we've all had our piece on. Would improve us. 

Milinkovic on loan if we could manage something would be excellent. 

Gordon is better than Bobby. 

He was the size of a bus when playing for us and hasn't played at all for two years, but it'd be a no brainer to sign him?

:facepalm:

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

5 games Hoban played, can't have done much. And do need a centre back anyway, I'm not sure we do. Petkov won the player of the season for the under 20's as well so there's back up too

Coutts looks good, but I think there'd be a queue. We would need to act fast and hopefully have, reminds me of Scougall, for me he should have been persued a few summers ago and we'd have got him

The reason I mention Hoban is because if we are playing a back 3, we have no balance on the left. Also with Souttar most likely offski, we will need another.

He was different class for Aberdeen btw. 

Secondly and this is a general point so I’m not aiming this at you chief but, there seems to be this view that next season we we can get by with all these young guys, Keena, Zanatta etc... these lads are nowhere near being first team players for the 3rd biggest side in Scotland. 3rd or 4th choice cover at best. Unless we want to consolidate 6th place next season.

The squad we have at the moment is  pants, we need quality, the type of quality in our XI which is as close to the OF as we can afford. We should be good enough to blow away Aberdeen and Hibs. At this moment in time, we are miles away from that level, most of Aberdeen’s XI would walk into our first team and we will not reach that level with a bunch of laddies who have only done alright in the lower leagues in Scotland. Any youngster should be of outstanding quality to be able to get a game for us week in week out.

Coutts is a fantastic player. A playmaker. A great passer, great first touch, good feet and balance. His career speaks for itself. A Championship level player and yes, there will be many clubs interested but good players will always be in high demand. I think he’s gettable but he’s a top wage bracket player. All the above mentioned probably are tbh but generally you get what you pay for and if we want to become the 3rd best team in the Country these are the level of quality we need. Same goes for Craig Bryson.

Paul Coutts has already been released by Sheffield Utd btw and Aberdeen are already trying to sign him, so he is gettable.

The lad Boateng is a great player as well, I don’t know if there will be any videos of hism but he’s a left footed Glen Kamara and I’m amazed he’s still playing in League 2. He’d be a perfect replacement for Djoum. 

Becker I believe will sign for Middlesbrough in the next week but again these are the types of players we should be trying to get. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He was the size of a bus when playing for us and hasn't played at all for two years, but it'd be a no brainer to sign him?

:facepalm:

Has finishing ability you cannot teach. Pair him up with a fitness coach and play the long game. Worth it IMO.

Probably none of us had even heard about players like Mitchell and Uche so while this type of thread is enjoyable, it's far from informative.

Naismith and Halkett represent a great start.  These are the quality of players we need.  We can't rely on the Zanatta's until they prove we can rely on them.

I think if we get couple of quality keepers, centre back if souttar leaves , left back, couple of wingers, ball winning centre mid and attack minded centre midfielder and a striker I think we wouldn't be far off decent team.

The lad Cammy Kerr at Dundee looks a decent prospect. Investing in somebody like him would add depth. He seems to have done ok in a struggling team

Keep: 

bobby 

mikey smith 

Berra 

souttar 

haring 

maclean (from bench) 

naismith 

cochrane (out on loan) 

keena 

mcdonald 

jambo solider 

punt: 

sammon 

martin 

Wighton 

edwards 

not fused if they go: 

uche 

Clare 

Lee

bozanic 

ben 

brandon 

Mulraney 

anyone not mentioned above 

Howdy Doody Jambo

So it's looking like yet another massive turn over of player's 7/8 arrivals

rather than just add just a couple of higher quality standard with a pathway for the youngsters to come through 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

So it's looking like yet another massive turn over of player's 7/8 arrivals

rather than just add just a couple of higher quality standard with a pathway for the youngsters to come through 

Levein has openly said he’s only looking at 3-4 new players at most, 2 of which are strikers

johnking123
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Levein has openly said he’s only looking at 3-4 new players at most, 2 of which are strikers

He said the same last season. Still think there will be 6-7 with a few leaving.

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

I think if we get couple of quality keepers, centre back if souttar leaves , left back, couple of wingers, ball winning centre mid and attack minded centre midfielder and a striker I think we wouldn't be far off decent team.

You're saying we need more or less a complete team then?

Mind you, given recent performances, you're probably not far off the mark?

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The reason I mention Hoban is because if we are playing a back 3, we have no balance on the left. Also with Souttar most likely offski, we will need another.

He was different class for Aberdeen btw. 

Secondly and this is a general point so I’m not aiming this at you chief but, there seems to be this view that next season we we can get by with all these young guys, Keena, Zanatta etc... these lads are nowhere near being first team players for the 3rd biggest side in Scotland. 3rd or 4th choice cover at best. Unless we want to consolidate 6th place next season.

The squad we have at the moment is  pants, we need quality, the type of quality in our XI which is as close to the OF as we can afford. We should be good enough to blow away Aberdeen and Hibs. At this moment in time, we are miles away from that level, most of Aberdeen’s XI would walk into our first team and we will not reach that level with a bunch of laddies who have only done alright in the lower leagues in Scotland. Any youngster should be of outstanding quality to be able to get a game for us week in week out.

Coutts is a fantastic player. A playmaker. A great passer, great first touch, good feet and balance. His career speaks for itself. A Championship level player and yes, there will be many clubs interested but good players will always be in high demand. I think he’s gettable but he’s a top wage bracket player. All the above mentioned probably are tbh but generally you get what you pay for and if we want to become the 3rd best team in the Country these are the level of quality we need. Same goes for Craig Bryson.

Paul Coutts has already been released by Sheffield Utd btw and Aberdeen are already trying to sign him, so he is gettable.

The lad Boateng is a great player as well, I don’t know if there will be any videos of hism but he’s a left footed Glen Kamara and I’m amazed he’s still playing in League 2. He’d be a perfect replacement for Djoum. 

Becker I believe will sign for Middlesbrough in the next week but again these are the types of players we should be trying to get. 

Whether we get any of these or not you have made good constructive suggestions that are realistic.

As regards Hoban it doesn't matter numerically whether Souttar leaves or not as we will be losing 2 CDs with Shaughnessy returning to Leeds and Hughes almost certainly retiring.

38 minutes ago, Musemic said:

You're saying we need more or less a complete team then?

Mind you, given recent performances, you're probably not far off the mark?

Unfortunately yes ??‍♂️

The Internet

Like the look of jesse curran at Dundee if we're looking at the relegated teams. Bit of tom rogic about him. 

Agentjambo
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

David Marshall is being eyed. Hull are not renewing his contract. 

Officially being eyed?

Jordan Archer from Millwall be told he can leave.

Fantastic goalie and only 26.

Yes please Craig!!

Wages would be a stumble mind you.

19 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Swap him for Boyce.

Keena WILL make it at Hearts. Clown shoe.

franko1874

I think Keena will make it as well, boy is still learning and learning from naismith will bring him on. We need to give the boy time, how many 19 year old strikers are starters for their club, not many I'd imagine. 

johnking123

Keena looks like he could come good. To let him leave would be mental! Needs game time though and a loan again would do him good. Or give him game time instead of McLean. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jambo191 said:

Jordan Archer from Millwall be told he can leave.

Fantastic goalie and only 26.

Yes please Craig!!

Wages would be a stumble mind you.

Did he not embarrass himself playing for Scotland ?

Bobby is fine. Perhaps prone to the odd ‘moment’ but no keeper is immune to those and we cannot afford to get real quality in goals. We have more pressing needs imo

Four faces
1 hour ago, Jenks said:

Keena WILL make it at Hearts. Clown shoe.

I'm with you on the laddie...Got something about him.I said it last season having watched him in the reserves.I know,i know! it's the reserves but he just has a belief in himself which, as someone else said,learning from Naismith gives him a real chance.

Jamboscanbevicius

I like Zlamal. I think he’s decent but he’s far from outstanding.  No question IMO we should go for Gordon, Marshall, or Archer if they’re available.